Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Amazon Prime 21:39 - May 19 with 5459 viewspikeypaul

What super value this is at £7.99 a month and only money I save in not paying the BBC license tax.

movies,tv series, books & magazines, free next day delivery etc etc. All for the price of a couple of pints.

Just watched All or Nothing the behind the scenes documentary series on Man City 2017/18 season
worth the monthly subscription on its own. They show a small clip of our game at the Liberty against them but include an obvious error in the goals,anyone else spot it?

OUT

AFLI

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Amazon Prime on 22:52 - May 22 with 1261 viewsGaryjack

Amazon Prime on 22:28 - May 22 by Ebo

Really? At least I practice what I preach.

No you do not. Otherwise you would be ordering your groceries from Wuhan wet markets, rather than 'disaster capitalism' companies like Tesco, Asda and more or less any other large company who are listed on the stock exchange.
Amazon Prime on 22:54 - May 22 with 1256 viewsbuilthjack

Amazon Prime on 20:31 - May 22 by WarwickHunt

I won’t buy Starbuck’s coffee because it’s fûcking awful.

Who in their right mind would pay for that weak pi££ ?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Amazon Prime on 02:49 - May 23 with 1205 viewsDJack

Amazon Prime on 22:52 - May 22 by Garyjack

No you do not. Otherwise you would be ordering your groceries from Wuhan wet markets, rather than 'disaster capitalism' companies like Tesco, Asda and more or less any other large company who are listed on the stock exchange.

Edit for misread post...oops

Second edit ...so Alibaba is good then, yeah.
[Post edited 23 May 2020 4:01]

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Amazon Prime on 11:58 - May 23 with 1138 viewskrunchykarrot

Amazon Prime on 01:41 - May 22 by Ebo

Your mate is either talking shit or you just made it up. My brother in law worked then and quit after 2 months because of the conditions.

By the way, your mate Boris will do sweet FA to bring these big businesses to book, he wouldn't have the balls anyhow. Labour wanted to and it stated in the manifesto, the tory scum will do nothing because they are getting a slice of it too.

https://www.businessinsider.com/amazon-employees-describe-peak-2019-2?r=US&IR=T

What conditions are you talking about, is it the subsidised canteen or the free vending machines for beverages? These are situated alongside the pool and table tennis tables which according to my mate is a pain to play because they keep losing the ball in the giant beanbags. This along with the financial benefits listed above seems to me to be better than working for minimum wage or the rock and roll.
Amazon Prime on 12:37 - May 23 with 1119 viewsGaryjack

Amazon Prime on 02:49 - May 23 by DJack

Edit for misread post...oops

Second edit ...so Alibaba is good then, yeah.
[Post edited 23 May 2020 4:01]

I have no idea. You'd best ask Ebo.
Amazon Prime on 12:51 - May 23 with 1101 viewsJackSomething

Amazon Prime on 21:00 - May 22 by Garyjack

Last year Amazon in Swansea made 168 temp staff permanent employees. Many temporary staff are given 9 month contracts maximum. Amazon do not have to make them permanent employees when that time comes to an end. Rather they lay them off over the quiet months then re-employ them. Surely you can't expect any company to keep temporary staff when they are not needed?

And many temporary staff turn up for a shift only to be told they're no longer needed. Plenty of temporary employees don't have contracts as they're employed through agencies, so Amazon can get rid whenever they want. Don't you dare have an accident or fall ill if you're a temporary worker either, because you'll be gone.

Like I said, I know plenty of people there on permanent contracts who love it. You're looking it at from that point of view and fair enough. I've spent years working with people who've worked there and the truth falls somewhere in the middle. It's not the utopian paradise krunchykarrot seems to want to paint it as and it's not the hellhole that the feckless brand it as when they can't hack one shift.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Amazon Prime on 12:52 - May 23 with 1098 viewsJackSomething

Amazon Prime on 21:03 - May 22 by pikeypaul

Hunters.

Another superb Amazon production.

Just watched the first 3,better than anything on BBC

OUT

AFLI

I look forward to you happily accepting the increased licence fee when the BBC start spending that kind of money on shows and employing Hollywood A-Listers like Al Pacino.

Amazon Prime on 12:54 - May 23 with 1095 viewsGaryjack

Your mate is either talking shit or you just made it up. My brother in law worked then and quit after 2 months because of the conditions.

By the way, your mate Boris will do sweet FA to bring these big businesses to book, he wouldn't have the balls anyhow. Labour wanted to and it stated in the manifesto, the tory scum will do nothing because they are getting a slice of it too.

I suggest you read through that article again and tell me where all the negative stories are coming from? We are all to aware of the working conditions of millions of U.S citizens, it is the same right across the board, not just Amazon.
And unions are certainly recognised by Amazon in the U.K, though it's neither here nor there really as it your statutory right to have trade union representation.
Login to get fewer ads

Amazon Prime on 13:09 - May 23 with 1078 viewsAndy1300

My brother in law works for Amazon and has done for about 7 years, he also loves it.

Not everyone hates working for Amazon, as usual, bad news travels faster than good

Number 1 team in Wales

Amazon Prime on 13:12 - May 23 with 1071 viewsNeath_Jack

Amazon get a lot of the same crowd of agency workers that we get on construction sites. Most of them are, shall we say, not very good and are a bit shy when it comes to putting a shift in. I would say, you need to have 10 agency workers to get 2 worth keeping. Some may not like that, but that is my experience of them.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Amazon Prime on 16:37 - May 23 with 1014 viewskrunchykarrot

Amazon Prime on 12:51 - May 23 by JackSomething

And many temporary staff turn up for a shift only to be told they're no longer needed. Plenty of temporary employees don't have contracts as they're employed through agencies, so Amazon can get rid whenever they want. Don't you dare have an accident or fall ill if you're a temporary worker either, because you'll be gone.

Like I said, I know plenty of people there on permanent contracts who love it. You're looking it at from that point of view and fair enough. I've spent years working with people who've worked there and the truth falls somewhere in the middle. It's not the utopian paradise krunchykarrot seems to want to paint it as and it's not the hellhole that the feckless brand it as when they can't hack one shift.

Everything i stated is true, fact. Utopian paradise it ain't, although comparing walking around putting or taking something off a shelf to working on an ICU ward on the same money?
Amazon Prime on 18:49 - May 23 with 966 viewsJackSomething

Amazon Prime on 16:37 - May 23 by krunchykarrot

Everything i stated is true, fact. Utopian paradise it ain't, although comparing walking around putting or taking something off a shelf to working on an ICU ward on the same money?

It may be true that all those lovely amenities are made available, but from what I've been told many times, it's almost impossible to use them. Garyjack can correct me if I'm wrong (or it may be different rules for permanent employees), but workers barely have time to get off the warehouse floor and shove some lunch in their gob before heading back out. Breaks start at a set time and include the time it takes you to get from wherever you are in the vast building to the break room, including going through a security check to ensure you aren't nicking anything.

Again Gary would know more than me, but I think describing the job as 'walking around putting or taking something off a shelf' does the workers there a disservice in how physical the job is. I don't know why you're comparing it to working on an ICU ward, I wasn't aware anyone was making that comparison (FYI, the average salary for an ICU nurse is over £26k. Temp workers at Amazon get £9,50 per hour for day shifts. That would work out to around £17k before overtime etc).

Amazon Prime on 08:36 - May 24 with 894 viewsJackinexile1

Amazon Prime on 18:49 - May 23 by JackSomething

It may be true that all those lovely amenities are made available, but from what I've been told many times, it's almost impossible to use them. Garyjack can correct me if I'm wrong (or it may be different rules for permanent employees), but workers barely have time to get off the warehouse floor and shove some lunch in their gob before heading back out. Breaks start at a set time and include the time it takes you to get from wherever you are in the vast building to the break room, including going through a security check to ensure you aren't nicking anything.

Again Gary would know more than me, but I think describing the job as 'walking around putting or taking something off a shelf' does the workers there a disservice in how physical the job is. I don't know why you're comparing it to working on an ICU ward, I wasn't aware anyone was making that comparison (FYI, the average salary for an ICU nurse is over £26k. Temp workers at Amazon get £9,50 per hour for day shifts. That would work out to around £17k before overtime etc).

Not true regarding the breaks, they get time before and after to get to the break areas.

At the moment the wage is £11.50 per hour and £20.50 for overtime which is in abundance.

My brother in-law has started working there a couple of months ago as a temp worker and has no complaints.
Amazon Prime on 13:46 - May 24 with 858 viewsGaryjack

It can be a hard job for some, but there are many temp and permanent employees in their 60's who are able to carry out these tasks, hit their targets and enjoy their work. What gets my back up is people on here criticising Amazon and refusing to shop with them over a Panarama programme that featured a cross country mountain runner filming himself in the toilets gasping for breath, and quickly filming himself going into an aisle before the censor had time to pick him up and switch the light on. Quite frankly i'm astonished that Amazon didn't sue the BBC as it was so utterly ludicrous!
As for breaks, these are staggered and staff are given two 35 minute break in a 10 hour shift. Ample time to have something to eat without having to 'shove it down your gob' and to go outside and get some fresh air if you wish.
I agree that there were previous problems with people turning up for work to find they have been laid off, but this is the way it works. When amazon need to lay people off, the H.R dept look on the system and judge on mainly performance and attendance who they will lay off. This list is then sent to the agencies usually giving a weeks notice, sometimes longer. The problem was that the agencies were not informing the employees for fear of them walking straight out and therefore costing the agencies money. This was completely unacceptable and resulted in many agencies losing their contracts. This is no longer the case, and i've spoken with many temp workers who know they are being laid off up to six weeks in advance. For those on shorter term contracts, they know what's coming, and when the time comes they are called to H.R and thanked for their efforts at the end of their shift.
No it's certainly not Utopia, but for an unskilled job in South Wales, they're pretty bloody good, and i cannot for the life of me think why people are so quick to target them in the way that they do.
[Post edited 24 May 2020 14:17]
Amazon Prime on 15:24 - May 24 with 821 viewsJackinexile1

Amazon Prime on 13:46 - May 24 by Garyjack

It can be a hard job for some, but there are many temp and permanent employees in their 60's who are able to carry out these tasks, hit their targets and enjoy their work. What gets my back up is people on here criticising Amazon and refusing to shop with them over a Panarama programme that featured a cross country mountain runner filming himself in the toilets gasping for breath, and quickly filming himself going into an aisle before the censor had time to pick him up and switch the light on. Quite frankly i'm astonished that Amazon didn't sue the BBC as it was so utterly ludicrous!
As for breaks, these are staggered and staff are given two 35 minute break in a 10 hour shift. Ample time to have something to eat without having to 'shove it down your gob' and to go outside and get some fresh air if you wish.
I agree that there were previous problems with people turning up for work to find they have been laid off, but this is the way it works. When amazon need to lay people off, the H.R dept look on the system and judge on mainly performance and attendance who they will lay off. This list is then sent to the agencies usually giving a weeks notice, sometimes longer. The problem was that the agencies were not informing the employees for fear of them walking straight out and therefore costing the agencies money. This was completely unacceptable and resulted in many agencies losing their contracts. This is no longer the case, and i've spoken with many temp workers who know they are being laid off up to six weeks in advance. For those on shorter term contracts, they know what's coming, and when the time comes they are called to H.R and thanked for their efforts at the end of their shift.
No it's certainly not Utopia, but for an unskilled job in South Wales, they're pretty bloody good, and i cannot for the life of me think why people are so quick to target them in the way that they do.

Don't know why you bother, Amazon are the devil mun! Yet every employee I know loves working there temp or not. My bro in law loves the 4 day week, gives him more time with his family.
[Post edited 24 May 2020 15:29]
Amazon Prime on 15:29 - May 24 with 817 viewskrunchykarrot

That should cover it then.
Amazon Prime on 16:37 - May 24 with 801 viewsJackinexile1

where do you work?
Amazon Prime on 16:43 - May 24 with 794 viewsNeath_Jack

"refusing to shop with them over a Panarama programme"

I'd be willing to bet that the number of people falling into that category is zero mate. People don't half spout some nonsense to garner attention for being edgy, or morally better than the next person.

Nowt as queer as folk.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Amazon Prime on 18:30 - May 24 with 776 viewsJackSomething

Thanks for the info. Is it not true then that you can't leave your station until your break starts and you have to be back at your station the minute it ends, even if you're at the far end of the warehouse? It would be good to know the next time someone makes that complaint.

Thanks also for giving me the info without having a massive chip on your shoulder about it, unlike some people on this thread who don't even work there. Nowt so strange as folk.

Amazon Prime on 18:34 - May 24 with 769 viewsJackSomething

Amazon Prime on 16:37 - May 24 by Jackinexile1

where do you work?

None of your business sunshine and what does that have to do with this?

Not sure why you and krunchykarrot are so defensive of a place you don't even work. I've made it clear that I'm going off what multiple people have told me and am grateful for Garyjack giving me his account of working there, though I'm sure he would acknowledge being a permanent worker is different to being a temp (something which is the case in many workplaces).

I'm not demonising Amazon, I buy from them and don't believe they're the devil as some make out. They're also far from perfect as a employer and people don't earn as much there as they do on an ICU ward, but some people don't like being shown to be wrong I guess.

Amazon Prime on 18:45 - May 24 with 762 viewsEbo

Dropshipping makes Bezos a ton of money. If you go on Amazon, find a product and who sells it and buy direct cutting out the obscenely rich middle man.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Amazon Prime on 19:48 - May 24 with 745 viewskrunchykarrot

Amazon Prime on 18:34 - May 24 by JackSomething

Not sure why you and krunchykarrot are so defensive of a place you don't even work. I've made it clear that I'm going off what multiple people have told me and am grateful for Garyjack giving me his account of working there, though I'm sure he would acknowledge being a permanent worker is different to being a temp (something which is the case in many workplaces).

I'm not demonising Amazon, I buy from them and don't believe they're the devil as some make out. They're also far from perfect as a employer and people don't earn as much there as they do on an ICU ward, but some people don't like being shown to be wrong I guess.

I haven't defended Amazon as they can look after themselves, i have just pointed out the facts. And the contract cleaners in hospital are on minimum wage.
Amazon Prime on 20:55 - May 24 with 709 viewsDr_Winston

Hosting websites is becoming Amazon's biggest money spinner. The retail side of it is just a part of their business these days anyway.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Amazon Prime on 21:25 - May 24 with 693 viewsfbreath

Amazon Prime on 20:55 - May 24 by Dr_Winston

Hosting websites is becoming Amazon's biggest money spinner. The retail side of it is just a part of their business these days anyway.

AWS is massive planet swans is probably hosted on it.

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

Amazon Prime on 23:16 - May 24 with 671 viewsJackinexile1

Amazon Prime on 18:34 - May 24 by JackSomething

Probably the same reason you are trying to degrade the employment of somewhere you don't work.

Night.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024