Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fans allowed in ? 06:59 - Jun 11 with 5310 viewssainthelens

With England now looking to abandon the 2 meter distancing/ pubs and schools looking to open fully by September, should we not get the dreaded 2nd spike in the coming weeks.....is it fair to hope that grounds opening up could be well before xmas. ?
Fans allowed in ? on 07:13 - Jun 11 with 4591 viewsDr_Winston

Inside the bowl of the stadium itself is probably not a massive problem to sort. Be a faff getting in and out but you're basically outdoors where transmission risk is low. Capacity would obviously be reduced for a while though.

Problem would be in the concourses/toilets/turnstiles. Unless they can work that out it'll be hard to make it work.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Fans allowed in ? on 07:14 - Jun 11 with 4586 viewsJackfath

With the Welsh Government stating that we will not see spectator sport in Wales until next year, we could be in the position where Swans play behind closed doors at home, and with travelling support away from home.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Fans allowed in ? on 07:22 - Jun 11 with 4576 viewssainthelens

Fans allowed in ? on 07:14 - Jun 11 by Jackfath

With the Welsh Government stating that we will not see spectator sport in Wales until next year, we could be in the position where Swans play behind closed doors at home, and with travelling support away from home.

At the rate at which lockdown is being lifted, am thinking that his predictions could change very quickly.
Fans allowed in ? on 08:27 - Jun 11 with 4509 viewsSwansea93

Fans allowed in ? on 07:22 - Jun 11 by sainthelens

At the rate at which lockdown is being lifted, am thinking that his predictions could change very quickly.

Didn't the welsh government also say they wouldn't be opening schools until after the summer holidays but now they are opening schools end of this month?

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Fans allowed in ? on 09:42 - Jun 11 with 4445 viewsJackfath

Fans allowed in ? on 08:27 - Jun 11 by Swansea93

Didn't the welsh government also say they wouldn't be opening schools until after the summer holidays but now they are opening schools end of this month?

No.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Fans allowed in ? on 12:07 - Jun 11 with 4353 viewsScotia

I can't see it unfortunately. Any reduction from 2m social distance would likely be down to 1.5m or 1m, and would mean at the most every other seat being used and would be unenforceable in the toilets and concources.

I think the only hope would be a vaccine or proof that a mask drastically reduces infection, and even that could see a very different experience.
Fans allowed in ? on 17:10 - Jun 11 with 4211 viewsandrew

By the time the season starts the cases could have all but died out. Fans in masks and temp checks could be an option. It’s the only reasonable viable one.

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

Fans allowed in ? on 18:54 - Jun 11 with 4146 viewsmonmouth

Fans allowed in ? on 12:07 - Jun 11 by Scotia

I can't see it unfortunately. Any reduction from 2m social distance would likely be down to 1.5m or 1m, and would mean at the most every other seat being used and would be unenforceable in the toilets and concources.

I think the only hope would be a vaccine or proof that a mask drastically reduces infection, and even that could see a very different experience.

Unfortunately?

People would go to a football match? Now? Seriously?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Login to get fewer ads

Fans allowed in ? on 19:38 - Jun 11 with 4108 viewsTenbySwan

Guidelines being looked at for theatres is that every other row is left amply, (as in parliament now) so your capacity is immediately reduced by 50%. On the other rows if you had 2, 3, or 4 in your family that lived in the same house you could sit together and then perhaps 3 or 4 empty seats before the next person/group so you are probably looking at 2o-25% capacity at best.

I know someone in the theatre industry and one 1,000 seat theatre thought they could get 173 in , which would make any show economically unviable.

West End theatres etc are in talks with the Government about a scheme that could subsidise empty seats to help reopen but that is apparently very unlikely for several months if at all this year.
Fans allowed in ? on 10:53 - Jun 14 with 3804 viewscontroversial_jack

Fans allowed in ? on 18:54 - Jun 11 by monmouth

Unfortunately?

People would go to a football match? Now? Seriously?

They must be bonkers if they do.Mass gatherings are massive spreaders
Fans allowed in ? on 11:48 - Jun 14 with 3746 viewsVincent_Vega

Fans allowed in ? on 10:53 - Jun 14 by controversial_jack

Correct me if I’m wrong but weren’t we supposed to have a massive spike after the VE celebrations? I haven’t seen one yet and it’s been a month more or less. Be interesting to see if the number of infections go up after the recent protests. I have my doubts..

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

Fans allowed in ? on 11:59 - Jun 14 with 3724 viewsNortbankboy

Fans allowed in ? on 10:53 - Jun 14 by controversial_jack

No problem.
We had big crowds at Cheltenham and Liverpool on the week of the lockdown
Fans allowed in ? on 12:12 - Jun 14 with 3708 viewsWhiterockin

Fans allowed in ? on 11:59 - Jun 14 by Nortbankboy

No problem.
We had big crowds at Cheltenham and Liverpool on the week of the lockdown

These two events should never have taken place. In time we will look back and see that these two events are a major reason we have had the problems that we have.
Fans allowed in ? on 13:29 - Jun 14 with 3653 viewscontroversial_jack

Fans allowed in ? on 12:12 - Jun 14 by Whiterockin

These two events should never have taken place. In time we will look back and see that these two events are a major reason we have had the problems that we have.

Yes, and Belgium also held a big carnival , that's why they had such problems. Brazil is suffering big time, because of a lack of distancing in the Favellas and poor districts.

Mass gatherings are suicide right now
Fans allowed in ? on 14:40 - Jun 14 with 3603 viewsDr_Winston

Fans allowed in ? on 11:48 - Jun 14 by Vincent_Vega

Correct me if I’m wrong but weren’t we supposed to have a massive spike after the VE celebrations? I haven’t seen one yet and it’s been a month more or less. Be interesting to see if the number of infections go up after the recent protests. I have my doubts..

Time will tell. The lack of a big spike in cases after VE Day was encouraging. If there isn't one after recent events then hopefully we can be a lot more confident.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Fans allowed in ? on 15:41 - Jun 14 with 3565 viewskrunchykarrot

Well last weeks protests with some of the people most at risk will be a valuable indicator. But with our backward lot we could be locked up until Xmas.
Fans allowed in ? on 16:02 - Jun 14 with 3550 viewsjackharris

What will help us to reopen (at some point) to a restricted amount of fans is that 3 of our stands now have fencing outside them, so fans can go outside before, during and at halftime. Those portable cubicle toilets could be placed outside with queues more spread out. Burger vans could also be place inside the fenced off compounds. The West Stand has much bigger concourses, so not having the fencing will not be a huge problem, with a reduced capacity. So basically the ground could be set up like it is when it holds concerts.

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Fans allowed in ? on 16:11 - Jun 14 with 3541 viewsDJack

Fans allowed in ? on 14:40 - Jun 14 by Dr_Winston

Time will tell. The lack of a big spike in cases after VE Day was encouraging. If there isn't one after recent events then hopefully we can be a lot more confident.

Only a preprint but potentially interesting.

https://www.researchsquare.com/article/rs-29548/v1

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Fans allowed in ? on 09:51 - Jun 15 with 3360 viewsBadlands

Packed stadiums for rugby in New Zealand last Saturday.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Fans allowed in ? on 09:57 - Jun 15 with 3354 viewssainthelens

Having read the posts, seen how lockdown is lifting and the 2nd spike ( which I thought was coming) doesn't look like developing, I'm convinced authorities will have us back in stadiums well before xmas.
[Post edited 15 Jun 2020 9:59]
Fans allowed in ? on 10:39 - Jun 15 with 3324 viewscontroversial_jack

Fans allowed in ? on 09:57 - Jun 15 by sainthelens

Having read the posts, seen how lockdown is lifting and the 2nd spike ( which I thought was coming) doesn't look like developing, I'm convinced authorities will have us back in stadiums well before xmas.

The Authorities haven't exactly done a great job so far.Any advice i see from them , i disregard and use my own common sense and judgement
Fans allowed in ? on 17:43 - Jun 15 with 3235 viewsWhiterockin

Probably in England, but Drakeford has said that live sport will not be played in front of spectators in Wales this year.
Fans allowed in ? on 18:16 - Jun 15 with 3222 viewsOldjack

Fans allowed in ? on 09:51 - Jun 15 by Badlands

Packed stadiums for rugby in New Zealand last Saturday.

Yea because the virus has totally disappeared from their country ,nowt wrong with that ,but out country will be in a mess again if we allow mass gatherings
[Post edited 15 Jun 2020 19:04]

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Fans allowed in ? on 18:17 - Jun 15 with 3222 viewsMrSwerve

I think it’s too early to say at the moment. NZ probably not the best comparison to the UK as they’ve done a great job.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Fans allowed in ? on 18:58 - Jun 15 with 3205 viewssainthelens

See no reason why the lower leagues cant get cracking with letting fans in.
Low gates ( so obviously less risk of infection) along with the fact that without em ,many will go bust very quickly.
After witnessing few thousand protesters crammed together....don't see why they dont try it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024