Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nailed it 21:35 - Jun 28 with 5398 viewsJack123

I find this fella speaks some sense

libera nos a malo

Nailed it on 22:19 - Jun 28 with 1535 viewslondonlisa2001

Nailed it on 22:15 - Jun 28 by Jackinexile1

Have read Akalas book, would educate alot on here

I saw a particularly funny clip of him ripping Tommy Robison to shreds recently (I saw it recently, I don’t know when the clip is from).
Nailed it on 22:24 - Jun 28 with 1531 viewsJackinexile1

Nailed it on 22:19 - Jun 28 by londonlisa2001

I saw a particularly funny clip of him ripping Tommy Robison to shreds recently (I saw it recently, I don’t know when the clip is from).

I seen him speak at Grenfell, hes going places....Lady Dynamites bro :)
Nailed it on 22:35 - Jun 28 with 1506 viewsJack123

Nailed it on 22:15 - Jun 28 by Jack123

What did you think of the narrative of the video though lisa,? and forget about who put it up, just what he said?

libera nos a malo

Nailed it on 22:35 - Jun 28 with 1502 viewslondonlisa2001

Nailed it on 22:15 - Jun 28 by Jack123

What did you think of the narrative of the video though lisa,? and forget about who put it up, just what he said?

Few quick points:

Firstly I can’t takes seriously someone who talks about things being unfair when they are an Oxford educated old Etonian white male.

Secondly, he refutes the notion of British racism by saying we are a ‘tolerant’ country. Tolerant? So black people are something we ‘tolerate’. Yeah - that’s not the best way to refute racism.

Thirdly he misquotes Professor Gopal. He says she tweetEd ‘white live don’t matter’. She didn’t. She tweeted ‘white lives don’t matter. As white lives’. That’s a very different statement. If she had just said ‘white lives don’t matter’ that would have been reprehensible, the addition of the phrase ‘as white lives’ caveats what she said to mean ‘they don’t matter JUST BECAUSE they are white. In other words, lives matter for reasons other than colour of skin. They just matter. I mentioned a day or so ago that I thought Twitter was the wrong medium for a provocative statement, but there’s no reason to misquote her.

So all in all, I don’t find it impressive. Which is a shame. As he’s far brighter than this nonsense. But I guess it pays well.
Nailed it on 22:37 - Jun 28 with 1495 viewslondonlisa2001

Nailed it on 22:35 - Jun 28 by Jack123

Sometimes we do other stuff for a short while.

I’m going to do stuff now if that’s ok with you.
Nailed it on 22:38 - Jun 28 with 1492 viewsJack123

Nailed it on 22:35 - Jun 28 by londonlisa2001

Few quick points:

Firstly I can’t takes seriously someone who talks about things being unfair when they are an Oxford educated old Etonian white male.

Secondly, he refutes the notion of British racism by saying we are a ‘tolerant’ country. Tolerant? So black people are something we ‘tolerate’. Yeah - that’s not the best way to refute racism.

Thirdly he misquotes Professor Gopal. He says she tweetEd ‘white live don’t matter’. She didn’t. She tweeted ‘white lives don’t matter. As white lives’. That’s a very different statement. If she had just said ‘white lives don’t matter’ that would have been reprehensible, the addition of the phrase ‘as white lives’ caveats what she said to mean ‘they don’t matter JUST BECAUSE they are white. In other words, lives matter for reasons other than colour of skin. They just matter. I mentioned a day or so ago that I thought Twitter was the wrong medium for a provocative statement, but there’s no reason to misquote her.

So all in all, I don’t find it impressive. Which is a shame. As he’s far brighter than this nonsense. But I guess it pays well.

Sorry I thought you were ignoring me, scrub the silence is golden video, although saying that it's a pretty good tune, thank you for the reply. I will take it on board.

libera nos a malo

Nailed it on 23:21 - Jun 28 with 1458 viewsWarwickHunt

Nailed it on 22:14 - Jun 28 by FieryJack

Thanks for the info.

I'm Twitter illiterate, as you can tell ☹️

Twittillerate
Nailed it on 00:15 - Jun 29 with 1408 viewsGlossolalia

Nailed it on 22:35 - Jun 28 by londonlisa2001

Few quick points:

You never fail to amaze me with your analysis, if I could use that word in its loosest, off-the-mark sense. Why must you always look at people's opinions through this prism of privilege? You can't take someone seriously because they were born into affluence? Something they have no control over, and something you use as a gauge to measure other people's values and opinions. What a stunted way to look at the world.

You know, surely, that his use of the word 'tolerant' isn't in the sense you say it is. He isn't suggesting we are being continually subjected by black people as if they are an irritation of some sort. Get real for God's sake. Murray is speaking from experience, I presume, in suggesting the UK isn't as racist as we keep being told. And I have to agree. I can count on one hand the number of times I've witnessed racism in all my years of being around pissed-up revelers and the like.

As for the twitter thing, I don't give a sh1t nor waste my time on it. But what Gopal stated is risque to say the least. Not the best medium for expression and devoid of almost all context, and also deemed inflammatory enough to be deleted by the Twitter mods. She wasn't misquoted either. A misquotation involves changing words.

I'll say it again, White Lives
Don't Matter.

As white lives.

That doesn't even make sense syntactically. As a message it's ambiguous and confusing. Why is 'As white lives', a dependent clause, on its own? The only thing I'm offended by is her writing style.

I have a rare day off tomorrow and shan't be responding to the usual brigade. But once again, I had to give my worth, especially after that display, Lisa. Don't take it personally; I treat all fools with equal disdain. Be thankful for the equal treatment, because I'd hate you to think I was picking on you for being a woman. Sniff. It's opinions that bother me, not organs, skin colour, or if you believe in sky fairies.
[Post edited 29 Jun 2020 0:46]
Login to get fewer ads

Nailed it on 01:43 - Jun 29 with 1352 viewsJack123

Sometimes the good guys win..

libera nos a malo

Nailed it on 07:14 - Jun 29 with 1277 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Nailed it on 23:21 - Jun 28 by WarwickHunt

Twittillerate

You’ve still got it 😉

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Nailed it on 09:06 - Jun 29 with 1238 viewslondonlisa2001

Nailed it on 00:15 - Jun 29 by Glossolalia

You never fail to amaze me with your analysis, if I could use that word in its loosest, off-the-mark sense. Why must you always look at people's opinions through this prism of privilege? You can't take someone seriously because they were born into affluence? Something they have no control over, and something you use as a gauge to measure other people's values and opinions. What a stunted way to look at the world.

You know, surely, that his use of the word 'tolerant' isn't in the sense you say it is. He isn't suggesting we are being continually subjected by black people as if they are an irritation of some sort. Get real for God's sake. Murray is speaking from experience, I presume, in suggesting the UK isn't as racist as we keep being told. And I have to agree. I can count on one hand the number of times I've witnessed racism in all my years of being around pissed-up revelers and the like.

As for the twitter thing, I don't give a sh1t nor waste my time on it. But what Gopal stated is risque to say the least. Not the best medium for expression and devoid of almost all context, and also deemed inflammatory enough to be deleted by the Twitter mods. She wasn't misquoted either. A misquotation involves changing words.

Don't Matter.

As white lives.

That doesn't even make sense syntactically. As a message it's ambiguous and confusing. Why is 'As white lives', a dependent clause, on its own? The only thing I'm offended by is her writing style.

I have a rare day off tomorrow and shan't be responding to the usual brigade. But once again, I had to give my worth, especially after that display, Lisa. Don't take it personally; I treat all fools with equal disdain. Be thankful for the equal treatment, because I'd hate you to think I was picking on you for being a woman. Sniff. It's opinions that bother me, not organs, skin colour, or if you believe in sky fairies.

It wasn’t analysis - it was a few quick points. As I indicated by saying ‘a few quick points’. So I wouldn’t even use the word analysis loosely - which is why I didn’t.

Where did I say I can’t take anyone seriously if they were born into affluence? I said I can’t take them complaining about life being unfair seriously if they are Oxford educated Old Etonians. I don’t have a problem with that background even slightly - I know at least a dozen, some of who are friends. None of them are so ridiculously unaware that they spend time moaning that life is unfair to them.

I think he was using the word tolerant to mean tolerant. He’s not stupid, far from it. Are you suggesting he used the wrong word?

I said the other day she should have used a different platform and her tweet was provocative. Have to disagree with you on the misquote bit - “ to repeat something someone has said in a way that is not accurate“ - yep, that does it.

I know on the writing style - that’s what you get from a Professor in the English Department at Cambridge to be honest - shoddy university.

The rest? Whatever.
Nailed it on 09:36 - Jun 29 with 1211 viewsNotLoyal

Nailed it on 21:55 - Jun 28 by Jack123

? What? I think you have mistaken me for somebody else. I haven't got a camera, and I'm not into astronomy.

I've got a camera, I take pictures of birds in my garden.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Nailed it on 09:39 - Jun 29 with 1211 viewsJackSomething

Nailed it on 00:15 - Jun 29 by Glossolalia

Don't Matter.

As white lives.

If I was black, I'd be so relieved to hear from all these white people lining up to tell me how they've barely ever witnessed racism in this country. Would make me feel so much better I imagine.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Nailed it on 09:40 - Jun 29 with 1207 viewsNotLoyal

Nailed it on 21:49 - Jun 28 by exiledclaseboy

It has two words that I’ve pledged not to let impinge on my life in any way. “Douglas” and “Murray”.

He's one of many intellectual commentators worth listening to. If you ignore the orators of the day, you fail to gather all the information.

OK I've changed it.

Nailed it on 09:55 - Jun 29 with 1196 viewsexiledclaseboy

Nailed it on 09:40 - Jun 29 by NotLoyal

He's one of many intellectual commentators worth listening to. If you ignore the orators of the day, you fail to gather all the information.

I've listened to and read plenty of Murray's stuff over the years thanks. He walks a well-trodden path.

As always though, very grateful for your sage advice on how to form an opinion.

Poll: Tory leader

Nailed it on 10:49 - Jun 29 with 1149 viewsLohengrin

Nailed it on 09:06 - Jun 29 by londonlisa2001

It wasn’t analysis - it was a few quick points. As I indicated by saying ‘a few quick points’. So I wouldn’t even use the word analysis loosely - which is why I didn’t.

Where did I say I can’t take anyone seriously if they were born into affluence? I said I can’t take them complaining about life being unfair seriously if they are Oxford educated Old Etonians. I don’t have a problem with that background even slightly - I know at least a dozen, some of who are friends. None of them are so ridiculously unaware that they spend time moaning that life is unfair to them.

I think he was using the word tolerant to mean tolerant. He’s not stupid, far from it. Are you suggesting he used the wrong word?

I said the other day she should have used a different platform and her tweet was provocative. Have to disagree with you on the misquote bit - “ to repeat something someone has said in a way that is not accurate“ - yep, that does it.

I know on the writing style - that’s what you get from a Professor in the English Department at Cambridge to be honest - shoddy university.

The rest? Whatever.

” I know on the writing style - that’s what you get from a Professor in the English Department at Cambridge to be honest - shoddy university.”

Oxonian smugness. That’s something you share with Murray anyway, he could barely contain a smirk when describing Cambridge as “one of the great universities.”

Edit: Have you had another bash at ‘Bosie’ yet?
[Post edited 29 Jun 2020 11:02]

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Nailed it on 10:57 - Jun 29 with 1132 viewsLohengrin

Nailed it on 09:55 - Jun 29 by exiledclaseboy

I've listened to and read plenty of Murray's stuff over the years thanks. He walks a well-trodden path.

Read it where? Don’t tell me you’re a secret subscriber to ‘Counterpoint?’

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Nailed it on 18:37 - Jun 29 with 1035 viewsNotLoyal

Nailed it on 09:55 - Jun 29 by exiledclaseboy

Well, I suppose I don't ram one version down people's throats. Which is a bonus.

OK I've changed it.

Nailed it on 21:03 - Jun 29 with 968 viewslondonlisa2001

Nailed it on 10:49 - Jun 29 by Lohengrin

” I know on the writing style - that’s what you get from a Professor in the English Department at Cambridge to be honest - shoddy university.”

Oxonian smugness. That’s something you share with Murray anyway, he could barely contain a smirk when describing Cambridge as “one of the great universities.”

Edit: Have you had another bash at ‘Bosie’ yet?
[Post edited 29 Jun 2020 11:02]

Nope.

It’s a shame that he’s become what he has to be honest. As I said, I guess it pays better.
Nailed it on 21:09 - Jun 29 with 949 viewsKerouac

Nailed it on 09:39 - Jun 29 by JackSomething

If I was black, I'd be so relieved to hear from all these white people lining up to tell me how they've barely ever witnessed racism in this country. Would make me feel so much better I imagine.

You know what, in trying to take the piss you have actually made a good point.

Take me for example.
In my life I have had girlfriends from nearly every continent of the earth, women of differing skin colours and cultural backgrounds.
I have a black cousin, my Aunty married someone from an Afro-Caribbean background at a time when many people in this country did have racist opinions.
I have employed people from different backgrounds, I (somebody who is pro-Israel) employed a Palestinian! He wasn't the best qualified for the role I just liked him as a person.
I sent my child to a school in which he was one of only 3 white children in a class of 30 (the other 2 were Bosnian Muslims).
My neighbour, who I count as a good friend...whose family are like our extended family...has brown skin.

Yet according to the cretins who like to pass themselves off as our intellectual betters on here, I am the biggest racist on the site...a lie that is repeated many times a week

...do you know what? If I was black, and if 'Kerouac' was the 'racist bogeyman' I have to worry about. That really would make me feel better...if I was an individual who could think rationally it would anyway.
If I was a foaming at the mouth ideologue who had had his head filled full of sh*t by irresponsible idiots of the left, I might think differently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Nailed it on 10:54 - Jun 30 with 864 viewsJackSomething

Nailed it on 21:09 - Jun 29 by Kerouac

Take me for example.
In my life I have had girlfriends from nearly every continent of the earth, women of differing skin colours and cultural backgrounds.
I have a black cousin, my Aunty married someone from an Afro-Caribbean background at a time when many people in this country did have racist opinions.
I have employed people from different backgrounds, I (somebody who is pro-Israel) employed a Palestinian! He wasn't the best qualified for the role I just liked him as a person.
I sent my child to a school in which he was one of only 3 white children in a class of 30 (the other 2 were Bosnian Muslims).
My neighbour, who I count as a good friend...whose family are like our extended family...has brown skin.

Yet according to the cretins who like to pass themselves off as our intellectual betters on here, I am the biggest racist on the site...a lie that is repeated many times a week

...do you know what? If I was black, and if 'Kerouac' was the 'racist bogeyman' I have to worry about. That really would make me feel better...if I was an individual who could think rationally it would anyway.
If I was a foaming at the mouth ideologue who had had his head filled full of sh*t by irresponsible idiots of the left, I might think differently.

Well that all makes you sound lovely, how pleasant. Whether any of it is true is another matter of course.

Thankfully for me, I wasn't trying to take the piss out of you, just Glossy. After all, he's never seen any examples of racism, so it can't actually be a problem.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Nailed it on 17:08 - Jun 30 with 822 viewsHumpty

Nailed it on 21:09 - Jun 29 by Kerouac

Take me for example.

You know all these girls you've banged from all over the world? Did you win them all in fights or was it just the one?
Nailed it on 23:38 - Jun 30 with 766 viewsKerouac

Nailed it on 17:08 - Jun 30 by Humpty

You know all these girls you've banged from all over the world? Did you win them all in fights or was it just the one?

I have never "won" a girl in a fight.
I think you are referring to the time I stood up for a young lady (aged about 19/20) when an angry, misogynist, religious fanatic, bully tried to humiliate her in front of a crowd of people...he was going on and on and on and on...and getting angrier and angrier and angrier...a bit like some posters on Planet Swans, but in person.
I stepped in and asked him to stop, he got aggressive and started throwing, I decked him, he then tried to rush me which ended up in my throwing him in a swimming pool.
The owners of the establishment who had witnessed it all then asked him to leave, marched him to his room to collect his stuff, put him in the back of a car and drove him to a bus stop and put him on a bus.

That's how you deal with bullies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Nailed it on 08:08 - Jul 1 with 731 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Nailed it on 10:54 - Jun 30 by JackSomething

Well that all makes you sound lovely, how pleasant. Whether any of it is true is another matter of course.

Thankfully for me, I wasn't trying to take the piss out of you, just Glossy. After all, he's never seen any examples of racism, so it can't actually be a problem.

Self praise is no recommendation.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Nailed it on 08:56 - Jul 1 with 720 viewsDrizzy

Nailed it on 23:38 - Jun 30 by Kerouac

I have never "won" a girl in a fight.
I think you are referring to the time I stood up for a young lady (aged about 19/20) when an angry, misogynist, religious fanatic, bully tried to humiliate her in front of a crowd of people...he was going on and on and on and on...and getting angrier and angrier and angrier...a bit like some posters on Planet Swans, but in person.
I stepped in and asked him to stop, he got aggressive and started throwing, I decked him, he then tried to rush me which ended up in my throwing him in a swimming pool.
The owners of the establishment who had witnessed it all then asked him to leave, marched him to his room to collect his stuff, put him in the back of a car and drove him to a bus stop and put him on a bus.

That's how you deal with bullies.

Serial fantasist.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024