Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is the lock down ending too soon? 04:59 - Jul 1 with 126892 viewsGlyn1

That's basically it.

Thoughts please.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2020 5:00]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 22:57 - Jul 10 with 1328 viewsexhmrc1

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 22:43 - Jul 10 by Scotia

We have had a massive drop and so have England. We are all on a tight rope what do you think will happen in 4 months time? Do you think the cases in England will stay in England. There is no border.

A marginal increase will mean lockdown in a number of places now and in the future. That is how this will be handled. Of course that is most likely in England first there is more of them.

Our stay local applied to everyone for whatever reason, Scotlands was for leisure. Ours was nonsense theirs wasn't, plus we tried to stop an airline flying from our airport over the sake of 48hrs.

We don't have those equivalent authorities, yet we have a very similar number of cases. They have lots of "Wrexhams" like Leicester and places in the North West.

We only have 22 local authorities, if you cherry pick their worst authorities of course you can find worse performers. It is worrying that we had one in the list of most infections. You do realise there are about 18 times more people in England than Wales?

This isn't a race to zero infections, you don't get this do you?

I dont know if Wrexham is on the list but I suspect it is. I cannot see anywhere else that would be. We dont know where the pillar 2 cases are so without that we dont really know but it seems likely it will only be Wrexham. There were 40+ authorities not 20.

There is a likelyhood cases will come here from England. That is why stay local was right and why I am concerned at the risks Johnson is taking. It only takes a marginal increase for England to have an r rate over 1 and then it goes back into lockdown.

It has highly likely Wales or at least areas of Wales will have a rate of over 1 in the future. The rock bottom figures in Wales only need a slight increase for that to happen. If as is looking increasingly likely Wales goes down to low single figures very shortly than a couple of cases could cause a massive change.

As an example we know that of todays 10 cases 5 were in Wrexham 1 was address unknown and probably was related to the factory there. The cases in Denbighshire and Flintshire could also be connected to the factory as they are adjoining counties.

That leaves the 2 cases in Cardiff and Caerphilly and we dont know if either or both might be related to the Merthyr plant. Suddenly you get 2 or 3 more cases and your R rate is increased. The R rate wont be reliable at that level.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 06:41 - Jul 11 with 1269 viewsKilkennyjack

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 22:32 - Jul 10 by raynor94

What do you actually do for a living?

Are you trying to chat me up on a public forum ?
Sorry not interested.
Taking way too much interest in another man ... just tell your wife mate, she has probably guessed already ....

You think my support of lockdown to stop a disease that is spread by people moving around is based on my own employment situation. You might want to consider the possibility that i have taken this position due to general public health concerns (Some people do give a feck), and that Covid has already taken someone vulnerable who was very close to me. I dont want that for anyone else.

Tell you what i do for a hobby though .... take dull people like you to the cleaners on PlanetSwans. Too easy with you though.

You should listen to the HMRC man, its all there for you.

Beware of the Risen People

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 06:53 - Jul 11 with 1267 viewsKilkennyjack

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 22:43 - Jul 10 by Scotia

We have had a massive drop and so have England. We are all on a tight rope what do you think will happen in 4 months time? Do you think the cases in England will stay in England. There is no border.

A marginal increase will mean lockdown in a number of places now and in the future. That is how this will be handled. Of course that is most likely in England first there is more of them.

Our stay local applied to everyone for whatever reason, Scotlands was for leisure. Ours was nonsense theirs wasn't, plus we tried to stop an airline flying from our airport over the sake of 48hrs.

We don't have those equivalent authorities, yet we have a very similar number of cases. They have lots of "Wrexhams" like Leicester and places in the North West.

We only have 22 local authorities, if you cherry pick their worst authorities of course you can find worse performers. It is worrying that we had one in the list of most infections. You do realise there are about 18 times more people in England than Wales?

This isn't a race to zero infections, you don't get this do you?

There is a border between the 2 nations.
Nothing unique, there are many such borders the world over.

Following your logic, every nation on earth is wasting their time locking down and stopping the spread of covid. And all because the nation next door is doing such a poor job of protecting their people.

Patently an absurd position to take.

Yes there is a risk that increased freedoms brings the disease back into areas. Its inevitable. This is where prompt track and trace will help contain any such outbreak. Not easy but its a price worth paying to get the rest of society back functioning.

In Wales we have nearly eradicated the disease. I am sure that you know that this is a good thing that has saved many lives.

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 08:34 - Jul 11 with 1246 viewsScotia

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 06:53 - Jul 11 by Kilkennyjack

There is a border between the 2 nations.
Nothing unique, there are many such borders the world over.

Following your logic, every nation on earth is wasting their time locking down and stopping the spread of covid. And all because the nation next door is doing such a poor job of protecting their people.

Patently an absurd position to take.

Yes there is a risk that increased freedoms brings the disease back into areas. Its inevitable. This is where prompt track and trace will help contain any such outbreak. Not easy but its a price worth paying to get the rest of society back functioning.

In Wales we have nearly eradicated the disease. I am sure that you know that this is a good thing that has saved many lives.

Can we stop people from England travelling over the border? If they do come can we quarantine them? Perhaps we could build a wall or a moat?

We share a border with one of the most populated countries in Europe and like it or not are dependent on them. England's second most populated city is very close to Wales. We are not in the position that Australia or New Zealand are, or even Ireland.

You are right about track and trace the Welsh government could action this now but are choosing not to.

Have a nice weekend in the sunshine, think of the minimum wage bar and waiting staff who'd be safely earning cash if they lived over the invisible border. Pubs and restaurants could have had a lucrative weekend in this weather.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 09:00 - Jul 11 with 1234 viewsraynor94

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 06:41 - Jul 11 by Kilkennyjack

Are you trying to chat me up on a public forum ?
Sorry not interested.
Taking way too much interest in another man ... just tell your wife mate, she has probably guessed already ....

You think my support of lockdown to stop a disease that is spread by people moving around is based on my own employment situation. You might want to consider the possibility that i have taken this position due to general public health concerns (Some people do give a feck), and that Covid has already taken someone vulnerable who was very close to me. I dont want that for anyone else.

Tell you what i do for a hobby though .... take dull people like you to the cleaners on PlanetSwans. Too easy with you though.

You should listen to the HMRC man, its all there for you.

He's on ignore, I keep you for the novelty factor, never tire of seeing you spanked on here.

You come across as an obnoxious individual, who likes to give it out, but has great difficulty in taking it back.

Have a good day trawling Twitter

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 09:05 - Jul 11 with 1223 viewsexhmrc1

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 09:00 - Jul 11 by raynor94

He's on ignore, I keep you for the novelty factor, never tire of seeing you spanked on here.

You come across as an obnoxious individual, who likes to give it out, but has great difficulty in taking it back.

Surprise Surprise He puts me on ignore because he cannot face the truth that his Tory supporting views just dont fit with the facts and he doesnt want to hear the truth.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 09:48 - Jul 11 with 1209 viewspencoedjack

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 09:00 - Jul 11 by raynor94

I think we can come to the conclusion he hasn’t got a job & is bumming off the state.

His sad existence doesn’t change if we continue with Drakefords policies
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 11:15 - Jul 11 with 1188 viewsNeath_Jack

This is the most boring thread on the internet.

Political point scoring nonsense, and trying to use figures which are not comparable.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Login to get fewer ads

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 11:33 - Jul 11 with 1171 viewsexhmrc1

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 11:15 - Jul 11 by Neath_Jack

This is the most boring thread on the internet.

Political point scoring nonsense, and trying to use figures which are not comparable.

The figures are not meaningless. They are accurate and true and nothing to do with Politics. 1 person on here claims to be supporting the Welsh Hospitality Industry and wants to go to Bristol instead. The reality is that all these places are open from Monday and these are just the ones I have checked.
King Arthur Reynoldston
Brittania Inn Llanmadog
Kings Head Llangennith
New Inn Clydach
Butchers Arms Alltwen
Pontardawe Inn Pontardawe
Ancient Briton Ynyswen
Penycae Inn Penycae
Abercrave Inn Abercrave
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 12:36 - Jul 11 with 1152 viewsKilkennyjack

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 11:33 - Jul 11 by exhmrc1

The figures are not meaningless. They are accurate and true and nothing to do with Politics. 1 person on here claims to be supporting the Welsh Hospitality Industry and wants to go to Bristol instead. The reality is that all these places are open from Monday and these are just the ones I have checked.
King Arthur Reynoldston
Brittania Inn Llanmadog
Kings Head Llangennith
New Inn Clydach
Butchers Arms Alltwen
Ancient Briton Ynyswen
Penycae Inn Penycae
Abercrave Inn Abercrave

Correct - and thank you for posting the facts.

Wales is trying to do this properly.

Its strange that some welsh people prefer to gamble with public health. A second wave would be an economic disaster, they must have cushy jobs, or be retired, or be unemployed if they dont care about this risk - its the only conclusion you can draw ?

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 12:41 - Jul 11 with 1149 viewsScotia

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 11:33 - Jul 11 by exhmrc1

King Arthur Reynoldston
Brittania Inn Llanmadog
Kings Head Llangennith
New Inn Clydach
Butchers Arms Alltwen
Ancient Briton Ynyswen
Penycae Inn Penycae
Abercrave Inn Abercrave

I want to support the Welsh hospitality industry but I can't because Mark Drakeford won't let me.

The weather forecast is for rain on Monday. Look out of the window now. I'd love to be having lunch in the pub beer garden.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 12:52 - Jul 11 with 1140 viewsAndy1300

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 12:41 - Jul 11 by Scotia

I want to support the Welsh hospitality industry but I can't because Mark Drakeford won't let me.

The weather forecast is for rain on Monday. Look out of the window now. I'd love to be having lunch in the pub beer garden.

It was so nice going in a pub last night, I’m in Crawley, it feels almost ‘normal’ and it’s lovely, shame I can’t do that back in Swansea

Number 1 team in Wales

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 16:14 - Jul 11 with 1098 viewsraynor94

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 12:52 - Jul 11 by Andy1300

It was so nice going in a pub last night, I’m in Crawley, it feels almost ‘normal’ and it’s lovely, shame I can’t do that back in Swansea

Been on a run through the Swansea valley to Brecon and back, beautiful day.

Shame Wales is closed for hospitality.

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 16:23 - Jul 11 with 1095 viewsexiledclaseboy

You couldn’t pay me enough to drink in a pub at the moment. Each to their own.

Poll: Tory leader

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 16:45 - Jul 11 with 1078 viewsexhmrc1

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 16:23 - Jul 11 by exiledclaseboy

There w.as a report out yesterday. Only 2 in 10 people felt comfortable going back to pubs
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 16:46 - Jul 11 with 1080 viewsAndy1300

In all honesty, I’ve felt worse in Aldi, get pubs open in wales and save jobs and the economy

Number 1 team in Wales

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 16:47 - Jul 11 with 1075 viewsAndy1300

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 16:45 - Jul 11 by exhmrc1

There w.as a report out yesterday. Only 2 in 10 people felt comfortable going back to pubs

They don’t have to go then, don’t stop the rest of us going

Number 1 team in Wales

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 17:00 - Jul 11 with 1065 viewsraynor94

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 16:47 - Jul 11 by Andy1300

They don’t have to go then, don’t stop the rest of us going

A beer garden would have been great today, what on earth is the difference between today and Monday?

Oh and the weather is even better tomorrow. Crazy

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 17:07 - Jul 11 with 1062 viewsmonmouth

We went down to Wells today and the centre was mobbed. Kept well away from the pubs and people and had a nice lunch in the gardens of the bishops palace. Sorry, point is that people were behaving like the virus is over in the shops and crowded streets, so I wouldn’t go near a pub inside, but a properly spaced out beer garden should be ok....until morons get drunk of course.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 17:37 - Jul 11 with 1050 viewsNeath_Jack

Why anyone would willingly put themselves in the environment, is completely beyond me.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 18:25 - Jul 11 with 1031 viewscontroversial_jack

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 17:37 - Jul 11 by Neath_Jack

Why anyone would willingly put themselves in the environment, is completely beyond me.

I agree.Anyone going to a pub at the moment is not right in the head.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 18:32 - Jul 11 with 1028 viewsexhmrc1

Small increases in Welsh new cases and deaths today. 1 death 20 new cases. These are equivalent UK figures 21 and 415. UK figures are 148 and 820. 7 times the death rate and nearly twice the new case figure and that is after including lower Welsh and Scottish cases.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) in the UK
Last updated on Saturday 11 July 2020 at 6:20pm
Total number of lab-confirmed UK cases
Total number of people who have had a positive test result

Daily number of lab-confirmed UK cases
Number of additional cases on Saturday 11 July 2020

Total number of COVID-19 associated UK deaths
Deaths of people who have had a positive test result

Daily number of COVID-19 associated UK deaths
Number of additional deaths on Saturday 11 July 2020

It doesnt really matter though. Keeping pubs open is more important.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 18:42 - Jul 11 with 1024 viewscontroversial_jack

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 18:32 - Jul 11 by exhmrc1

Small increases in Welsh new cases and deaths today. 1 death 20 new cases. These are equivalent UK figures 21 and 415. UK figures are 148 and 820. 7 times the death rate and nearly twice the new case figure and that is after including lower Welsh and Scottish cases.

It's not getting better in England, numbers seem to be going up
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 18:59 - Jul 11 with 1014 viewslondonlisa2001

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 18:42 - Jul 11 by controversial_jack

It's not getting better in England, numbers seem to be going up

Yes it is. Massively.

They did another care home death catch up today. (Remember that we KNOW deaths are around 10,000 more than the daily announcements and they have to catch up with many of these as official test reports are filed).

Hospital deaths in England were 38, the lowest since before lockdown And 32 of those happened in the last 10 days with 6 being a catch up.

The case numbers include an outbreak in Herefordshire (56 cases - no idea what that is) and 49 in Leicester where they continue to test the factory workers. Bradford and Kirklees also 30 each as they test factory workers. Very low case numbers in most of England despite big increase in testing (asymptomatic testing of factories being carried out at present).

There are really detailed breakdowns readily available that are usually ignored on here.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 19:00 - Jul 11 with 1012 viewslondonlisa2001

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 18:32 - Jul 11 by exhmrc1

It’s nothing to do with pubs per see it’s to do with the long term health consequences of enormous unemployment and resultant poverty.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024