Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TIME TO GET RID 22:53 - Jul 29 with 4462 viewsWAFU

COOPER OUT. CLUELESS TODAY YET AGAIN.
TIME TO GET RID on 13:16 - Jul 31 with 1299 viewsswancity

TIME TO GET RID on 12:31 - Jul 31 by Catullus

We didn't have enough defenders, he was forced to go to a back 3 that included 2 full backs and it soon became obvious the formation worked so we stuck with it. Until then he was adamant we'd stick with the 4231.

Only having one fit centre back forced his hand.

Not sure that’s right

I know that Rodon hasn’t played since March but that still left two from Guehi Cabango MVDH Wilmot with Naughton Roberts Bidwell covering full back positions

Anyway it’s worked and well done to Cooper for getting it to work

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

TIME TO GET RID on 17:01 - Jul 31 with 1254 viewsCatullus

TIME TO GET RID on 13:16 - Jul 31 by swancity

Not sure that’s right

I know that Rodon hasn’t played since March but that still left two from Guehi Cabango MVDH Wilmot with Naughton Roberts Bidwell covering full back positions

Anyway it’s worked and well done to Cooper for getting it to work

Wilmot got injured too and hasn't played since. VDH got injured too and was on the bench for a few games, brought back in slowly. When VDH got injured we recalled Cabango from on loan.
For the Sheff Weds game we had a back 3 of Naughton, Guehi and Bidwell with Grimes and Cooper as wing backs. VDH on the bench.

Yes it worked, we will see next season if it was luck or down to Cooper, I guess. I hope it's the latter, I'd rather be able to say we have a good manager.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

TIME TO GET RID on 17:40 - Jul 31 with 1243 viewsswancity

TIME TO GET RID on 17:01 - Jul 31 by Catullus

Wilmot got injured too and hasn't played since. VDH got injured too and was on the bench for a few games, brought back in slowly. When VDH got injured we recalled Cabango from on loan.
For the Sheff Weds game we had a back 3 of Naughton, Guehi and Bidwell with Grimes and Cooper as wing backs. VDH on the bench.

Yes it worked, we will see next season if it was luck or down to Cooper, I guess. I hope it's the latter, I'd rather be able to say we have a good manager.

I seem to recall that Cabango and MVDH were both subs v Sheff Weds so were fit enough to play if needed

It was an experiment that worked except Routledge at wing back didn’t so that was sorted for the next game

And Cooper didn’t play himself as a wing back against Sheff Weds 😂

Not giving SC any credit for this only goes to show that people will have a swipe at anything in desperation

TIME TO GET RID on 20:38 - Jul 31 with 1187 viewsCatullus

TIME TO GET RID on 17:40 - Jul 31 by swancity

I seem to recall that Cabango and MVDH were both subs v Sheff Weds so were fit enough to play if needed

It was an experiment that worked except Routledge at wing back didn’t so that was sorted for the next game

And Cooper didn’t play himself as a wing back against Sheff Weds 😂

Not giving SC any credit for this only goes to show that people will have a swipe at anything in desperation

Cabango and VDh weren't fully fit. You can't really believe we played full backs at centre back as an experiment at that stage of the season with 2 fully fit centre backs on the bench?

Of course it was Roberts at wing back, my bad.

Cooper had already said we would change our style or our plan,

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/steve-cooper-defends-

yet he did, injuries gave him little choice. Wilmot and Rodon out for the season, VDH on the comeback trail but not fully fit. Then Routs at wing back?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

TIME TO GET RID on 22:04 - Jul 31 with 1167 viewsSgorioFruit

TIME TO GET RID on 18:36 - Jul 30 by Fireboy2

Biggest mistake cooper made all season.

Cabango has been immense and deserved his place night night.

Tell you what we might not have conceded 2 of the 3 goals if he had been playing.

I cannot get my head around that one, what an absolute clanger from Cooper.
When Cabango came on, he showed in 60 seconds what we had been missing for the whole first half.
Why is it that managers cant see the blinding obvious?

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

TIME TO GET RID on 22:18 - Jul 31 with 1162 viewsonehunglow

Most managers can.It's just we have a clown for a manager.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

TIME TO GET RID on 00:46 - Aug 1 with 1140 viewstheloneranger

TIME TO GET RID on 20:38 - Jul 31 by Catullus

Cabango and VDh weren't fully fit. You can't really believe we played full backs at centre back as an experiment at that stage of the season with 2 fully fit centre backs on the bench?

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/steve-cooper-defends-

yet he did, injuries gave him little choice. Wilmot and Rodon out for the season, VDH on the comeback trail but not fully fit. Then Routs at wing back?

MVDH had only played 1 game since before Christmas prior to the lockdown and had a knee op in Feb and broke down in rehab, and was told he wouldn't play again this season.

Coming back after the lockdown he was never going to be match fit and would struggle to do 90 mins ... Plus they've been nursing Cabango with his on going hernia problems since before March, and he could need an op now the season is over.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

TIME TO GET RID on 07:49 - Aug 1 with 1117 viewsLeonWasGod

TIME TO GET RID on 18:36 - Jul 30 by Fireboy2

Biggest mistake cooper made all season.

Cabango has been immense and deserved his place night night.

Tell you what we might not have conceded 2 of the 3 goals if he had been playing.

Yep, he messed that one up. And playing so open in the first half, although we don't know whether that was an instruction or the players just having a brain fart.

Let's be fair - Brentford are the better side. They beat us well in the normal season (I didn't see the away match but they completely controlled the match at the Liberty). And they were the best team until they went down to 10 men in the home leg. But having taken our luck, we threw away the opportunity with those first two soft goals.

Maybe if Ayew doesn't feck up his pen in the first leg it's a different outcome, who knows. Small margins and all that.
Login to get fewer ads

TIME TO GET RID on 08:40 - Aug 1 with 1112 viewsswancity

TIME TO GET RID on 22:04 - Jul 31 by SgorioFruit

I cannot get my head around that one, what an absolute clanger from Cooper.
When Cabango came on, he showed in 60 seconds what we had been missing for the whole first half.
Why is it that managers cant see the blinding obvious?

Was that the same 60 seconds that Brentford scored their 3rd goal 😂

Some poor defending cost us. To blame Cooper is a bit like blaming Margaret Thatcher for the way that the Conservatives have handled COVID-19

TIME TO GET RID on 08:45 - Aug 1 with 1110 viewsswancity

TIME TO GET RID on 20:38 - Jul 31 by Catullus

So we can agree that he had more than enough players for a back four. But decided to implement a back three which is a back five anyway when out of possession.

TIME TO GET RID on 09:10 - Aug 1 with 1101 viewstheloneranger

TIME TO GET RID on 07:49 - Aug 1 by LeonWasGod

Yep, he messed that one up. And playing so open in the first half, although we don't know whether that was an instruction or the players just having a brain fart.

Let's be fair - Brentford are the better side. They beat us well in the normal season (I didn't see the away match but they completely controlled the match at the Liberty). And they were the best team until they went down to 10 men in the home leg. But having taken our luck, we threw away the opportunity with those first two soft goals.

Maybe if Ayew doesn't feck up his pen in the first leg it's a different outcome, who knows. Small margins and all that.

Even though the best team won, I thought the massive difference in the performance of the 2 keepers was one of the deciding factors between the 2 sides.

The first goal on Weds Mulder fvcked up.

Instead of coming forward and making his goals smaller, and making Watkins either go around him or try to lift the ball over him. He went backwards and made the goals bigger.

Watkins was under huge pressure after missing good chances in their last 2 league games and in the 1st leg, and even said in his interview (with a smile on his face). that he thought he'd caught Mulder out by shooting early.

Their keeper had his eyes on Wembley and The Premier League, Mulder on going back to Holland!!

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

TIME TO GET RID on 10:08 - Aug 1 with 1086 viewsonehunglow

Mulder was bad,Nordfelt even worse.
2 of the worst we've ever had for the league we 've been in.

TIME TO GET RID on 14:34 - Aug 5 with 935 viewsReslovenSwan1

Cooper is work in progress. His loan signings have been excellent and he has developed his game plan with a marked improvement after the Covid break. There is no reason why he cannot continue to adapt into next season. The good relations with clubs like Chelsea and Liverpool means he will not be limited to the age groups in the England set up he has worked with previously. Cabango and Garrick are two more off the production line and he has managed their development well. Garrick should fill out nicely and get more goals and assist with game time. He is fast tricky and has a calmness and accuracy in the box.

Wise sage since Toshack era

TIME TO GET RID on 18:12 - Aug 5 with 893 viewsonehunglow

Fair play,Cooper just terrifies me as to what he can do.

TIME TO GET RID on 18:18 - Aug 5 with 886 viewsshingle

TIME TO GET RID on 10:08 - Aug 1 by onehunglow

Mulder was bad,Nordfelt even worse.
2 of the worst we've ever had for the league we 've been in.

Woodman is on the same level as Mulder you header.
TIME TO GET RID on 22:55 - Aug 5 with 832 viewsFireboy2

TIME TO GET RID on 08:40 - Aug 1 by swancity

Was that the same 60 seconds that Brentford scored their 3rd goal 😂

Some poor defending cost us. To blame Cooper is a bit like blaming Margaret Thatcher for the way that the Conservatives have handled COVID-19

Cooper picks the team, so by my reckoning its mostly his fault, leaving cabango out of the starting line up is one of many fvck ups.

Touch wood he will have learnt from these mistakes and he will become a more competent manager which can only be good for us.
TIME TO GET RID on 08:23 - Aug 6 with 778 viewsonehunglow

So many fook ups,so many.Cabango as big as it gets.It' why I despise Cooper,as contrary to what opine,he has ruined players rather than improve them,eg Celina.

I cannot bring myself to comment further ,frankly except to ay granting another Routledge contract is the reason where we are.

A "nice" guy - we keep him as a player even though he is so far past his best,it's embarrassing. Wayne will have collected a fortune from out club and he's been a good pro but "legend".

Just need Dyer to sign another 4 yr extention.

Cliff Jones is still super fit and a lovely guy too and only 82

TIME TO GET RID on 10:12 - Aug 6 with 761 viewsBadlands

TIME TO GET RID on 14:34 - Aug 5 by ReslovenSwan1

Cooper is work in progress. His loan signings have been excellent and he has developed his game plan with a marked improvement after the Covid break. There is no reason why he cannot continue to adapt into next season. The good relations with clubs like Chelsea and Liverpool means he will not be limited to the age groups in the England set up he has worked with previously. Cabango and Garrick are two more off the production line and he has managed their development well. Garrick should fill out nicely and get more goals and assist with game time. He is fast tricky and has a calmness and accuracy in the box.

WHAT!
Loan signings. Brewster excellent but the rest? Average to poor.
Game management - it took 8 months to realise 3 at the back works and in one game he made effective substitutions. Against Brentford away his decisions could not have been less effective if Franks had picked the side and subs for us.
Loans from Liverpool are a good contact and Brewster was excellent but Birch also has Chelsea contacts.
Other loans
Wilmot - was OK but would have been 4th choice were he not on loan
Woodman - went backwards after. decent start but not better than players we had (cheaper week to week)
Kalulu - promises much delivered next to nothing (has promise but Cooper failed to bring it out)
Surridge - not up to much
Guehi - took 8 months, a change of system and 6 weeks away from Cooper to start getting decent performances
Gallagher - significantly weaker than he was at Charlton.
IMO
Cabango has lost confidence by being held back. His game is to bring the ball forward which we saw a little after lockdown.
Garrick - no development at all.
Our bang average players have stayed bang average or gone backwards.
Cooper had never coached above 'school boy' level until he came here and it shows.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

TIME TO GET RID on 10:36 - Aug 6 with 756 viewsonehunglow

Wish I'd written that.

It is exactly why I am worried because we have fans believing this clown is taking us forward.

He is an impending disaster and let' be frank,maybe with a manger of some nous ,we could well have sailed through this league . In the end, we were found out.

TIME TO GET RID on 22:33 - Aug 7 with 661 viewsfelixstowe_jack

TIME TO GET RID on 08:23 - Aug 6 by onehunglow

So many fook ups,so many.Cabango as big as it gets.It' why I despise Cooper,as contrary to what opine,he has ruined players rather than improve them,eg Celina.

I cannot bring myself to comment further ,frankly except to ay granting another Routledge contract is the reason where we are.

A "nice" guy - we keep him as a player even though he is so far past his best,it's embarrassing. Wayne will have collected a fortune from out club and he's been a good pro but "legend".

Just need Dyer to sign another 4 yr extention.

Cliff Jones is still super fit and a lovely guy too and only 82

Of course saint Potter never made a mistake, finished 10th, failed to make the play offs even with Oli and Dan,

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024