Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Incomings 11:36 - Jul 31 with 5927 viewsGVJack

Ok, looking forward to 2020/2021, who are our realistic targets coming in?
Incomings on 13:34 - Aug 4 with 1397 viewsReslovenSwan1

For Ayew the numbers do not appear to stack up. He will not take a pay drop but concieveably they could bring the averge salary down over a new long term contract. For a player at 30 this is risky. A new 4 year deal at £30k per week (£1.5M pa) is a total income of £6m over four years. If thing go badly he could still get more in Arabia.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Incomings on 14:13 - Aug 4 with 1362 viewsBadlands

Incomings on 13:34 - Aug 4 by ReslovenSwan1

For Ayew the numbers do not appear to stack up. He will not take a pay drop but concieveably they could bring the averge salary down over a new long term contract. For a player at 30 this is risky. A new 4 year deal at £30k per week (£1.5M pa) is a total income of £6m over four years. If thing go badly he could still get more in Arabia.

His value also includes the chances of relegation without him or similar player.
We can not rely on Grimes to take up the leadership role Ayew provided this season.
TBPH I really can't understand the slagging off Ayew is getting from some fans.
18 goals and 7 assists and not our main striker / CF!!!!

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Incomings on 14:24 - Aug 4 with 1354 viewsHighjack

Incomings on 14:13 - Aug 4 by Badlands

His value also includes the chances of relegation without him or similar player.
We can not rely on Grimes to take up the leadership role Ayew provided this season.

Nobody has slagged him off.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Incomings on 14:45 - Aug 4 with 1338 viewsWhiterockin

Incomings on 14:13 - Aug 4 by Badlands

I think Ayew was excellent for us this season and his commitment unquestionable. I think the criticism is more to do with the reported £80K a week he earns. Totally unrealistic to pay any player that amount of money for a club our size in the Championship (in all honesty it was stupid when we were in the Premier League).
Incomings on 14:57 - Aug 4 with 1328 viewsReslovenSwan1

Incomings on 22:02 - Jul 31 by Kilkennyjack

Last year of parachute payments next year.
From memory we have about £17m from that.

Year after zip.
I think thats when the 🇺🇸 owners get out of town.

So we need to find £17m cuts, or sell Rodon and carry on for next 12 months.

I can only see more loan signings.
In fairness they have (mostly) been good to watch.

The US people need to find a buyer at a knockdown price. This will not happen while legal issues are pending (or not) and they might be quite happy if Mr Birch is balancing the books.

Incomings on 09:19 - Aug 5 with 1205 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Incomings on 14:57 - Aug 4 by ReslovenSwan1

The US people need to find a buyer at a knockdown price. This will not happen while legal issues are pending (or not) and they might be quite happy if Mr Birch is balancing the books.

Still sadly deluded. Why are you still living in the British Empire you hate so much ? Why don't you return to you beloved Irish republic.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Incomings on 09:43 - Aug 5 with 1182 viewsBadlands

It is tiring and sad hat some posers still think the US shareholders need to leave.
Given their prudence and determination to hold shares in a solvent club ATM I can not see any reason to want them out.
If they left now they would probably lose around £30 million ... think millions not 30!

Incomings on 14:45 - Aug 5 with 1104 viewsReslovenSwan1

Incomings on 22:02 - Jul 31 by Kilkennyjack

Last year of parachute payments next year.
From memory we have about £17m from that.

Year after zip.
I think thats when the 🇺🇸 owners get out of town.

So we need to find £17m cuts, or sell Rodon and carry on for next 12 months.

I can only see more loan signings.
In fairness they have (mostly) been good to watch.

Some link of Ayew to PSG. The fee quoted was £5m. Assuming a £18m shortfall if Swansea can edge the fee to £7m or 8m that would be good. Add to that his £4m salary and that is £12m already. Dyer and Naughton £1.5m each takes it to £15m of the deficit. The rest can be covered by small fees and savings for John, McKay and Asoro. Brandon Cooper Joe Lewis Oli Cooper and Cullen into the first team squad. There will be another deficit of about £8m for loss of gate reciept. Hopefully some restricted crowds cound shave £2m off that. No one will buy this club for at least 2 years with so many economies required.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2020 14:46]

Login to get fewer ads

Incomings on 15:03 - Aug 5 with 1080 viewshobo

Incomings on 14:45 - Aug 5 by ReslovenSwan1

Some link of Ayew to PSG. The fee quoted was £5m. Assuming a £18m shortfall if Swansea can edge the fee to £7m or 8m that would be good. Add to that his £4m salary and that is £12m already. Dyer and Naughton £1.5m each takes it to £15m of the deficit. The rest can be covered by small fees and savings for John, McKay and Asoro. Brandon Cooper Joe Lewis Oli Cooper and Cullen into the first team squad. There will be another deficit of about £8m for loss of gate reciept. Hopefully some restricted crowds cound shave £2m off that. No one will buy this club for at least 2 years with so many economies required.

£20M please. PSG can afford it. He's worth it. Everyone's a winner
Incomings on 15:32 - Aug 5 with 1057 viewsBadlands

Should we be making these decisions before the new manager is appointed?

(I can dream.)

Incomings on 17:42 - Aug 5 with 1016 viewsmajorraglan

Incomings on 14:45 - Aug 5 by ReslovenSwan1

Unless there are legacy payments outstanding in respect of previous purchases, if Ayew can be off loaded, the saving generated by his wages along with the those of the out of contract players, I’d have hoped the club wouldn’t be far away from operating on a sustainable basis. If Rodon has to be sold, then I’d hope that was the last and it would all be squared off.

Edit typo
[Post edited 6 Aug 2020 7:43]
Incomings on 00:01 - Aug 6 with 945 viewsGVJack

A lot of postings discussing Ayews possible exit... I understand the dynamics of it that we need to move him on before looking at additions, but if he were to go (let's call it a nice round 10 mil in transfer fee and salary savings) who do you think are realistic targets to bring in, and who would you like to see?
Incomings on 02:01 - Aug 6 with 907 viewsKerouac

Incomings on 00:01 - Aug 6 by GVJack

A lot of postings discussing Ayews possible exit... I understand the dynamics of it that we need to move him on before looking at additions, but if he were to go (let's call it a nice round 10 mil in transfer fee and salary savings) who do you think are realistic targets to bring in, and who would you like to see?

I would sign Ivan Toney from Peterborough Utd to replace Ayew.
I'd also enquire about some of these...

Harry Souttar (DC), Stoke City, was on loan at Fleetwood Town last season.
Jordan Obita (LB), free agent, ex-Reading...if he is properly fit.
Kevin Stewart (MC), free agent, ex-Hull
Cameron Brannagan (MC), Oxford Utd.
Alex Pritchard (AM), Huddersfield
Ronan Curtis (Left-Winger), Portsmouth
Lyle Taylor (ST), free-agent, ex-Charlton

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024