Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ashley Williams 14:17 - Aug 15 with 5340 viewsswancity

Returning?

And at 36 fit / quick enough ?

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Ashley Williams on 14:29 - Aug 15 with 4157 viewsSwanjaxs

Probably eying up Tatey's job as official bench ligger

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Ashley Williams on 15:06 - Aug 15 with 4074 viewsjasper_T

Ashley Williams on 14:29 - Aug 15 by Swanjaxs

Probably eying up Tatey's job as official bench ligger

Have his work cut out, Tate's done his coaching badges and put in time with the age groups before being promoted to first team cone duty.
Ashley Williams on 15:11 - Aug 15 with 4070 viewsAndy1300

Hope he doesn’t

Not up to it.

Number 1 team in Wales

Ashley Williams on 15:25 - Aug 15 with 4046 views34dfgdf54

Where has this come from?
Ashley Williams on 15:31 - Aug 15 with 4035 viewsmajorraglan

In what capacity? He certainly played a lot of games last season, has lots of experience, knows the club and is a free agent, but I’d have thought he won’t come cheap. Wouldn't have thought he fitted the younger cheaper player profile, but they may be looking for a couple of seasoned pro’s who could baton down the hatches, close a game down and lead the youngsters. He could do that role as can Routledge, maybe they also see him as a future coach type.

If he or any other former player is returning, it has to be for the right reason which is to improve on the club and no5 jobs for the boys.
Ashley Williams on 16:03 - Aug 15 with 3983 viewsHighjack

Ashley Williams on 15:25 - Aug 15 by 34dfgdf54

Where has this come from?

Wolverhampton originally.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Ashley Williams on 16:22 - Aug 15 with 3936 viewsHighjack

Ashley Williams on 15:31 - Aug 15 by majorraglan

In what capacity? He certainly played a lot of games last season, has lots of experience, knows the club and is a free agent, but I’d have thought he won’t come cheap. Wouldn't have thought he fitted the younger cheaper player profile, but they may be looking for a couple of seasoned pro’s who could baton down the hatches, close a game down and lead the youngsters. He could do that role as can Routledge, maybe they also see him as a future coach type.

If he or any other former player is returning, it has to be for the right reason which is to improve on the club and no5 jobs for the boys.

Looking at the players we’ve been linked with, Smith, Ayala etc there seems to be a conscious move to address the dearth of leadership and experience we’ve had in the squad the last few years. Ash would certainly fit that bill. He’s always been super fit, he’s got quite a few years left in him. We’re desperate for centre backs, especially if Rodon leaves and we want to carry on with the wing back system.

Makes sense to me.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Ashley Williams on 17:15 - Aug 15 with 3838 viewsBadlands

Ashley Williams on 16:22 - Aug 15 by Highjack

Looking at the players we’ve been linked with, Smith, Ayala etc there seems to be a conscious move to address the dearth of leadership and experience we’ve had in the squad the last few years. Ash would certainly fit that bill. He’s always been super fit, he’s got quite a few years left in him. We’re desperate for centre backs, especially if Rodon leaves and we want to carry on with the wing back system.

Makes sense to me.

Good call.
if Ash is good enough to play for a season, and accepts what we ae willing pay, then it would be a good move.
Playing him alongside our youngsters would be excellent for their development.
Not in keeping with our youthful look of recent seasons but IMO no different from paying another club to loan out a player with 'promise'.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Login to get fewer ads

Ashley Williams on 19:53 - Aug 15 with 3640 viewsKilkennyjack

Makes sense to me.

He certainly has a good year in him.
Extra motivation with Euro21 next summer.

Great guy to have in our dressing room.

Tate is no comparison to Ash in terms of status, Ash has done it in Prem and with Wales.
Put simply, Tate has not.
Hopefully room for both - and Rangel in the Academy.

Beware of the Risen People

Ashley Williams on 20:15 - Aug 15 with 3609 viewsCatullus

I don't think he's good enough any more. We definitely need a CB or two but I don't think Ash is the right man and he's not getting any younger.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Ashley Williams on 20:43 - Aug 15 with 3567 viewsBest_loser

Desperately need a leader on the pitch for sure
Ashley Williams on 22:07 - Aug 15 with 3460 viewsGixerJack

Ashley Williams on 17:15 - Aug 15 by Badlands

Good call.
if Ash is good enough to play for a season, and accepts what we ae willing pay, then it would be a good move.
Playing him alongside our youngsters would be excellent for their development.
Not in keeping with our youthful look of recent seasons but IMO no different from paying another club to loan out a player with 'promise'.

Could have done with him to bring on in the games we conceded late goals In this/last year.

Maybe that’s the plan
Ashley Williams on 22:41 - Aug 15 with 3399 viewsbuilthjack

Makes sense to me.

Let's hope we have a skipper who talks next season

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Ashley Williams on 09:49 - Aug 16 with 3105 viewsJohnw102

Sorry it's a no from me, we had the best of him, we were lucky to rob Everton of £12 mil. Saw him on a few games last season, oil tankers turn quicker. A club legend but lets keep the memories of what he was not what he has become.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Ashley Williams on 10:43 - Aug 16 with 3045 viewsonehunglow

So,thisis not a joke?

Look,Cliff Jones could still do a job

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Ashley Williams on 10:46 - Aug 16 with 3042 viewschad

We could do with a bit of character and in fairness, he and Monk saved the club from Laudrup and the Spaniards didn’t they?

Speaking of Spaniards and character, perhaps Chico could come back too. He’s a few years younger than Ash, and I would give a lot to see him toying with the opposition again, before casually slipping the ball past them. Might all depend on if we could get his monkey through immigration though.

Or perhaps we just need to move forward 🤷‍♂️
Ashley Williams on 10:47 - Aug 16 with 3039 viewsonehunglow

stopped reading when read about that m word

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Ashley Williams on 11:40 - Aug 16 with 2984 viewsBadlands

Ashley Williams on 10:46 - Aug 16 by chad

We could do with a bit of character and in fairness, he and Monk saved the club from Laudrup and the Spaniards didn’t they?

Speaking of Spaniards and character, perhaps Chico could come back too. He’s a few years younger than Ash, and I would give a lot to see him toying with the opposition again, before casually slipping the ball past them. Might all depend on if we could get his monkey through immigration though.

Willy is no more :-(

Ashley Williams on 12:17 - Aug 16 with 2949 viewschad

Ashley Williams on 11:40 - Aug 16 by Badlands

Willy is no more :-(

Oh no, RiP, and condolences to Chico (you are referring to his monkey, right?)

I feel bad now because I did think I should check before posting, but didn’t bother.

Sorry Chico very insensitive of me, but no one could have loved a monkey more and what a blast for him to have a starring role at your wedding.

I know we talk about past players and how they loved our club, but I honestly think Chico really, really, loved his time here and that made the club very important to him.
Ashley Williams on 12:39 - Aug 16 with 2925 viewsChief

So is this just a hypothetical thread?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Ashley Williams on 16:50 - Aug 16 with 2741 viewsBadlands

Ashley Williams on 12:17 - Aug 16 by chad

Oh no, RiP, and condolences to Chico (you are referring to his monkey, right?)

I feel bad now because I did think I should check before posting, but didn’t bother.

Sorry Chico very insensitive of me, but no one could have loved a monkey more and what a blast for him to have a starring role at your wedding.

I know we talk about past players and how they loved our club, but I honestly think Chico really, really, loved his time here and that made the club very important to him.

Two children came along after Buenas noches Willy.
But also he's been hit with CV19
https://www.en24news.com/en/2020/08/second-division-the-emotional-letter-from-ch
(Take a look at the photo - more embarrassing than the Pink Ferrari

Ashley Williams on 17:09 - Aug 16 with 2725 viewsItchySphincter

Ashley Williams on 10:46 - Aug 16 by chad

Move forward and pining over Laudrup at the same time. Sad. Still want Laudrup to take the club to the cleaners?

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Ashley Williams on 17:44 - Aug 16 with 2676 viewschad

Ashley Williams on 16:50 - Aug 16 by Badlands

Two children came along after Buenas noches Willy.
But also he's been hit with CV19
https://www.en24news.com/en/2020/08/second-division-the-emotional-letter-from-ch
(Take a look at the photo - more embarrassing than the Pink Ferrari

👍 Aw bless. Get well soon Chico.

Had forgotten the Pink Ferrari. There was a man confident of his sexuality.

As soon as I started reading the piece with it, Cantona came to mind, then blow me if Chico didn’t start talking about the seagulls, but at least no mention of trawlers.

Do you think he is taking the P?

Hopefully he doesn’t wear that fur coat, that he went to the races in anymore, if only in deference to his sadly departed Willie.

Thanks for the link.

Please never change Chico ;)
Ashley Williams on 18:03 - Aug 16 with 2656 viewschad

Ashley Williams on 17:09 - Aug 16 by ItchySphincter

Move forward and pining over Laudrup at the same time. Sad. Still want Laudrup to take the club to the cleaners?

Hair envy? Or something else?

Pining over Laudrup behave sexist, What is this fascination with me, like to say it was flattering

Get on the blower to the club and get some treats for your kiddies. They said they would make exemptions to the deadlines for those not comfortable on t’internet. I will vouch for you if you like ;)

Talking of moving on, thought you had too, no need to come back and squire me whenever I mention one of our most successful managers ever. Are you suggesting I said I wanted Laudrup to take our club to the cleaners. That is what you call a lie, but don’t let that stop you. I think you are quoting Darren there and not me. Unfortunately in Huw you Trust, behaved in a manner that left the club in a very invidious position.

Laudrup took us to Wembley not the cleaners and won us the only major cup in our 100 plus year history, surely you remember.
Ashley Williams on 19:08 - Aug 16 with 2596 viewsItchySphincter

Nothing changes much does it Spratts. x

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024