Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Newport County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 02:37 - Sep 5 with 7286 viewsNotLoyal

League Cup first round, Rodney Parade. Gwent
Kick off 3pm
Referee Kevin Johnson, Gloucestershire.

TV
ifollow Newport County £10
Swans TV, UK only £10

Betfair odds
Newport 18/5
Swansea 3/4
Draw 3/1

The last time The Swans and County met in the League cup was over two legs with Swansea City winning 6-2 on aggregate.
12 Aug 1978 Newport County v Swansea City W 2-1 League Cup
15 Aug 1978 Swansea City v Newport County L 5-0 League Cup

The first time the clubs met was in 1921 at Newport in Division Three South with the match being drawn 1-1. The last time was in the FL Trophy with the Swans U23 winning 2-1 away.

Newport County & Swansea City team news
County have had a busy window with the signings of striker Ryan Taylor from Plymouth, David Longe-King from St Albans City, Saikou Janneh from Bristol City and right-back Liam Shephard from fellow League Two side Forest Green Rovers.
With the losses of Brewster and club captain Mike Van Der Hoorn, Swansea have bolstered their squad with the signing of winger Jamal Lowe, Korey Smith from Bristol City, resigning Freddie Woodman from Newcastle and Marc Guehi from Chelsea on loan and a further loan signing of Wolves midfielder Morgan Gibbs-White.
Both squads could be full of debutants come Saturday at Rodney Parade.

ONE TO WATCH
Morgan Gibbs-White
SWANSEA CITY

Midfielder Morgan Gibbs-White is one of the most promising young players in English football, having won both the Championship with Wolves and the Under-17 World Cup with England in 2017.

The 20-year-old has made 53 appearances for Wolves so far, and scored his first goal for the club in August 2019 during the clubs Europa League qualifier with FC Pyunik.

Gibbs-White will be hoping he can establish himself as a first-team regular this season, and that could start with a debut this weekend.

Updates to follow. Join in Jacks and enjoy the game.

[Post edited 5 Sep 2020 2:46]

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Newport County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 15:12 - Sep 5 with 1180 viewsCountyJim

Newport County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 15:14 - Sep 5 with 1156 viewsAnotherJohn

Cock up between Woodman and Naughton 1-0
Newport County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 15:17 - Sep 5 with 1121 viewsNotLoyal

A competition we won 7 years ago and it's no different to a kick about.

OK I've changed it.

Newport County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 15:28 - Sep 5 with 1016 viewsbuilthjack

Newport County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 15:14 - Sep 5 by AnotherJohn

Cock up between Woodman and Naughton 1-0

That doesn't surprise me at all

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Newport County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 15:33 - Sep 5 with 978 viewsKarlHRummenigge

MG-W Looking Sharp

Positive setup

Would prefer to see CM commanding the ball and flow of our game
Newport County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 15:36 - Sep 5 with 964 viewsAnotherJohn

So far this looks more like a pre-season friendly than a cup game. Ayew and Lowe are up front but haven't had a strike on goal so far. Newport not doing a great deal, but our defence is looking a bit uncertain at times. Not a lot of creativity in midfield.

As I type Woodman has to dive to turn a low shot around the post. The corner is not cleared and a shot from about ten yards is deflected wide. Nothing comes from the second corner.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2020 15:38]
Newport County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 15:37 - Sep 5 with 952 viewsowainglyndwr

SC needs to tell them at half time this is a competitive match
Newport County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 15:45 - Sep 5 with 893 viewsAnotherJohn

Newport have a chance with a header but it is glanced wide.
Login to get fewer ads

Newport County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 15:46 - Sep 5 with 877 viewsNotLoyal

Newport County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 15:45 - Sep 5 by AnotherJohn

Newport have a chance with a header but it is glanced wide.

Swans defence is looking a bit at sea at times.

OK I've changed it.

Newport County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 15:48 - Sep 5 with 853 viewsNotLoyal

2-0 Newport, awful defensive mix up again.

OK I've changed it.

Newport County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 15:49 - Sep 5 with 840 viewsJohnw102

Joke! I was going to elect for stream for my ST think i might now go for refund!

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Newport County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 15:49 - Sep 5 with 839 viewsKarlHRummenigge

Complacency, no urgency

Newport players as good as any of ours on this showing
Newport County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 15:49 - Sep 5 with 834 viewsAnotherJohn

2-0 Abrahams has a run through on goal. Woodman gets to the ball but it deflects back off the striker who then has a tap in. This followed a good run by Ayew, who was crowded out six yards from goal.
Newport County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 15:50 - Sep 5 with 813 viewsJoe_bradshaw

60% possession 1 shot 0 on target

Newport 40% possession 9 shots 4 on target.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Newport County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 15:51 - Sep 5 with 806 viewsAnotherJohn

H.T. 2-0.
Newport County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 15:51 - Sep 5 with 806 viewsowainglyndwr

Newport County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 15:48 - Sep 5 by NotLoyal

And Gabadon is chuffed on Sky sports
Newport County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 15:51 - Sep 5 with 805 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Newport County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 15:49 - Sep 5 by AnotherJohn

2-0 Abrahams has a run through on goal. Woodman gets to the ball but it deflects back off the striker who then has a tap in. This followed a good run by Ayew, who was crowded out six yards from goal.

Once in the box he should have looked to pass

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Newport County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 15:53 - Sep 5 with 782 viewsowainglyndwr

Newport County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 15:48 - Sep 5 by NotLoyal

Newport County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 15:55 - Sep 5 with 761 viewsKarlHRummenigge

Wyndham’s self restraint is commendable. Rightly slagging off Woodman as politely as he possibly can

Midfield needs to grasp this game, start bossing and getting some zip going
Newport County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 15:56 - Sep 5 with 743 viewsNotLoyal

Newport County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 15:55 - Sep 5 by KarlHRummenigge

Wyndham’s self restraint is commendable. Rightly slagging off Woodman as politely as he possibly can

I’ve never rated woodman, Benda for me is a far better keeper.

OK I've changed it.

Newport County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 15:57 - Sep 5 with 714 viewsNotLoyal

Newport County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 15:53 - Sep 5 by owainglyndwr

He should concentrate on his pile of rubbish losing 1-0 at Northampton.

OK I've changed it.

Newport County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 15:57 - Sep 5 with 713 viewsCountyJim

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EhKMGUuXgAAeFyr?format=jpg&name=small

Just in case you missed it
Newport County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 15:59 - Sep 5 with 695 viewsswan65split

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Newport County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 15:59 - Sep 5 with 696 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Newport County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 15:55 - Sep 5 by KarlHRummenigge

I’m probably the only one who’ll say this but he’s starting to grate on me a bit. Love him as a Ex player And an ambassador to the club but commentary isn’t his bag. Though in fairness I did laugh out loud when he said Bidwell tried to strangle the Newport player

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Newport County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 16:04 - Sep 5 with 649 viewsraynor94

Newport County v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 15:51 - Sep 5 by owainglyndwr

So he should be he's a Cwmbran boy

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024