Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jake Bidwell 09:04 - Sep 13 with 2734 viewsBrynmill_Jack

I started writing this on the match thread but thought this deserved a thread of its own. I’ve just seen the highlights of the game yesterday and as some had already hinted he was definitely man of the match.

I remember him last season stuttering a little when he got to the halfway line And looking a little lost when the left winger got in his way. Even then though it was evident that he had the best cross at the club, very good at delivering the ball into danger areas on a very consistent basis. If we had Llorente last season he would have lapped up that service and with his heading ability would have scored a hatful.

Now watching the highlights back in the bask of the post victorious glow it was a joy watching him own the entirety of his side of the pitch. Dominant in both defence and attack he’d already caused problems for Preston before his harshly disallowed goal and his ball into the box for the winner was sublime. He played with an air of confidence and authority which was lovely to see.

And that’s not all - his physicality being built like a tank and bravery means he never shirks tackles and Is a proper team player. I know we’ve questioned the Transfer dealings and lack of any real gems coming in but Bidwell is beginning to show that as a free transfer he’s not only now one of the first name on the team sheet (I know every other LB has gone but Naughton can definitely play there) but proving himself one of our best signings over the last few seasons. It puts undue pressure on him now but I hope one day our fans will think of his signing as Rangel - esque - I’m going to get slaughtered for that but it’s certainly a possibility for the future if he carries on his consistent level of performance that he’s showing.

Could he be the best left wing back in the division - quite possibly. I even think he his character and leadership qualities could make him a prospective future Swans captain. But for now I’d just like to say a massive “well done” to him and wish him an excellent and injury free season. Any thoughts?

P.S. I actually loved his cynical take down of the Bristol City player away to them last year. It was a trip on half way but if he’d got past him we were in trouble. Shades of Tommy Smith lol?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Jake Bidwell on 19:17 - Jan 3 with 475 viewsChief

Earlier this season he had a spell where he was hitting 9 of out 10 performances and getting assists every week. He hasn't quite been reaching those levels those levels in the last month or so but his performances have been still been great. Including yesterday when he stood in an unfamiliar position at short notice. Still in running for player of season.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Jake Bidwell on 21:21 - Jan 3 with 435 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Jake Bidwell on 19:03 - Jan 3 by Nortbankboy

Bid Well and Roberts play well as wing backs.
But when we go 4-4-2 and they are playing as full backs they are slow on the turn and vulnerable

That’s why we’ll never play 4-4-2 again under Cooper

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Jake Bidwell on 21:33 - Jan 3 with 428 viewspencoedjack

Jake Bidwell on 19:03 - Jan 3 by Nortbankboy

Bid Well and Roberts play well as wing backs.
But when we go 4-4-2 and they are playing as full backs they are slow on the turn and vulnerable

I’d find it hard to knock Bidwell or Robert’s this season.

There will be some decent bids coming in for Connor this summer ( hopefully not Jan )
Jake Bidwell on 13:07 - Jan 4 with 338 viewsonehunglow

Jake Bidwell on 21:33 - Jan 3 by pencoedjack

I’d find it hard to knock Bidwell or Robert’s this season.

There will be some decent bids coming in for Connor this summer ( hopefully not Jan )

I fear Robert will be the next big money ale. Hope he is not sold at too low a price

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Jake Bidwell on 13:13 - Jan 4 with 338 views34dfgdf54

Jake Bidwell on 13:07 - Jan 4 by onehunglow

I fear Robert will be the next big money ale. Hope he is not sold at too low a price

Without doubt, unless we were to get promoted.

There's zero chance he's playing another year in Championship. I was critical of him at times last year but he's probably been our best player this season when it comes to consistency.
Jake Bidwell on 14:02 - Jan 4 with 315 viewsReslovenSwan1

There is every chance Roberts will stay at Swansea. When Rodon left there was only one bidder. For a sale there must be cash buyers. Premier league teams are losing £100m per week in mising income from fans and this will continue probsbly until June at least.

Was Bidwell an early Scott recommendation?. He joined Brentford after leaving Everton youth team. Scott was manager there for a short period.

Wise sage since Toshack era

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024