Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Has society lost its morality? 03:13 - Sep 18 with 3118 viewsDr_Parnassus

I have seen a few things now regarding people celebrating or being glad someone has been murdered or maimed due to their beliefs. 5 years ago these views would be seen as abhorrent, now they tend to be accepted.

This woman was asked about the man who was murdered in Portland for his political beliefs, she remarked “tough luck, don’t be a Trump supporter then”.

Can you imagine a time in 2014 if someone was ambushed and murdered because they supported Obama, then people were dancing and singing in celebration and seemingly normal people having the view that “well he shouldn’t have been an Obama supporter then”.

People celebrating police officers being shot and wishing for their deaths claiming they deserve it (just for sitting in their car). A 31 year old mother of a 6 year old, in hospital with gunshot wounds while people are outside the hospital where she is having emergency surgery to wish for her death - just due to her profession.

This identity politics and dehumanising of people due to their identity and political beliefs has been the groundwork for genocide. It seems perfectly acceptable in this day and age on the left though. Very scary. This is fascism.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Has society lost its morality? on 14:55 - Sep 19 with 876 viewsDr_Parnassus

Has society lost its morality? on 14:53 - Sep 19 by Humpty

I don't mind having a discussion. I'm not playing your childish games though. No problem if you don't want to answer. You're not obliged to.

But you describe any political discussion as “a game” when you get stuck.

I have asked you several times for a political discussion as you tend to enter the threads jibing rather than showing a willingness to discuss anything. I have even set up two threads specifically requesting us both to discuss the topics without insults and to be answered in full. You refused both times.

So when you are ready answer my question I have put to you and I will happily (more than happily) answer yours. Fair?

Has society lost its morality? on 14:58 - Sep 19 with 866 viewsHumpty

Has society lost its morality? on 14:55 - Sep 19 by Dr_Parnassus

But you describe any political discussion as “a game” when you get stuck.

I have asked you several times for a political discussion as you tend to enter the threads jibing rather than showing a willingness to discuss anything. I have even set up two threads specifically requesting us both to discuss the topics without insults and to be answered in full. You refused both times.

So when you are ready answer my question I have put to you and I will happily (more than happily) answer yours. Fair?

We can discuss a subject without the silliness of your childish "challenges", as we are doing now.

If you don't want to answer my question that's fine. It's not important.

Anyway, game time now.
Has society lost its morality? on 15:02 - Sep 19 with 862 viewsDr_Parnassus

Has society lost its morality? on 14:58 - Sep 19 by Humpty

We can discuss a subject without the silliness of your childish "challenges", as we are doing now.

If you don't want to answer my question that's fine. It's not important.

Anyway, game time now.

But I am only having to create those due to you refusing to debate when asked sensible questions

I have said, let’s debate.

I will explain why the “fine people” nonsense that gets trotted out by the left is incredibly inaccurate and you can answer my question I put to you in the thread.

Let me know when you have answered.

Has society lost its morality? on 17:56 - Sep 19 with 833 viewsonehunglow

Dr P and The Hump.

Debate this.

"Colonialism was entirely immoral but beneficial"

Off ya go...

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Has society lost its morality? on 18:11 - Sep 19 with 826 viewsCatullus

Has society lost its morality? on 17:56 - Sep 19 by onehunglow

Dr P and The Hump.

Debate this.

"Colonialism was entirely immoral but beneficial"

Off ya go...

Only beneficial to the lucky few though. Some people got very rich out of it but many British soldiers died, some people lived lives of excess and luxury but the workers were still just the workers regardless of colour or nationality.

Immoral, it's not even a debate I don't think, of course it was. Pretty much every empire this planet has known has been immoral. Maybe someone can name one that wasn't but I can't, slavery, human sacrifice, greed, the lust for power, it has always been there.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Has society lost its morality? on 18:34 - Sep 19 with 808 viewsCatullus

Has society lost its morality? on 13:45 - Sep 19 by Dr_Parnassus

Nothing ridiculous at all. He said one sentence devoid of specifics or context, you had no idea what he was talking about but decided to agree because it was the side you wanted to take.

So, maybe you can explain, what morals are our leaders lacking that is the direct reason that people wish other people dead?

Because that seems absurd.

Of course I knew what he was talking about. As his reply to my post proved or he would have put me right.

I believe that when I posted about our leaders lying, stealing, commiting perjury etc that it was probably a clue.

It's not a direct reason, there is no direct reason. It's build up of bad behaviour by people who are set bad examples by the so called great and good. For example, when those in Westminster shout and harangue and generally do not let other speak (until the speaker makes them) don't be surprised when that behaviour appears in everyday life except, obviously, in everyday life there is no Mr or Mrs Speaker to tell the shouty ones to let the other person speak!

I know you know this. It's why I don't need to expand or debate it further.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Has society lost its morality? on 18:37 - Sep 19 with 806 viewsonehunglow

I agree again. I hated the colonial days.They were shaming and only the few made money and big money at that.
My sister' husband s mum and dad were sent into the Congo to "save the savages from the devil and get to know Jesus". The Belgians helped them escape whilst they carried out butchering and stealing from the people.

I was hoping Dr P and Himp would engage on this.

I 'll think of another topic if they like

Has society lost its morality? on 05:46 - Sep 20 with 767 viewsDr_Parnassus

The current state of the left, amazing how many of these people are politically identical.

Login to get fewer ads

Has society lost its morality? on 07:23 - Sep 20 with 751 viewsLohengrin

Has society lost its morality? on 05:46 - Sep 20 by Dr_Parnassus

The current state of the left, amazing how many of these people are politically identical.

Two of my favourite writers are from the Left: Robert Blatchford and Richard Tawney. I started collecting their books as a boy and now their complete works are sat on my shelves. They advance their arguments in a style that both speaks to me personally and persuades me of the truth of their claims. Decency is what animates them and the search for a better way is borne out of their own particular lived experience.

There is and can’t possibly be any point of contact between men like that and the shrill lunatics in your video. We ought to be looking for new definitions, new identifiers to append, for if Blatchford and Tawney are to be described as ‘of the Left’ then those creatures cannot be.

No matter how broad the church how could a man like Tawney who provided the philosophical underpinning, articulated the moral imperative for the creation of the welfare state exist under the same roof as balaclava-wearing scum who set fires because they like to destroy, attack people because they like to inflict pain?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Has society lost its morality? on 08:01 - Sep 20 with 735 viewsDr_Parnassus

Has society lost its morality? on 07:23 - Sep 20 by Lohengrin

Two of my favourite writers are from the Left: Robert Blatchford and Richard Tawney. I started collecting their books as a boy and now their complete works are sat on my shelves. They advance their arguments in a style that both speaks to me personally and persuades me of the truth of their claims. Decency is what animates them and the search for a better way is borne out of their own particular lived experience.

There is and can’t possibly be any point of contact between men like that and the shrill lunatics in your video. We ought to be looking for new definitions, new identifiers to append, for if Blatchford and Tawney are to be described as ‘of the Left’ then those creatures cannot be.

No matter how broad the church how could a man like Tawney who provided the philosophical underpinning, articulated the moral imperative for the creation of the welfare state exist under the same roof as balaclava-wearing scum who set fires because they like to destroy, attack people because they like to inflict pain?

Excellent post. The left is just full of shrill emotional rhetoric devoid of any semblance of sense, rationale or reason. It has an aversion to debate anything and will rather destroy (be that property, relationships or even human life itself) than have any chance of talking about these issues and realising that common sense probably isn’t on their side.

I have seen hundreds of similar people to this man. Whether it be disowning a parent for their political views or losing friends. I can’t think of too many examples of Republicans disowning their parents because they will vote for Joe Biden. This man here is going to disown his father and not allow him to see his Grandchildren unless he bows to his political views.

Just sheer insanity. Very fitting for the thread.

Has society lost its morality? on 08:34 - Sep 20 with 718 viewsLohengrin

Has society lost its morality? on 08:01 - Sep 20 by Dr_Parnassus

Excellent post. The left is just full of shrill emotional rhetoric devoid of any semblance of sense, rationale or reason. It has an aversion to debate anything and will rather destroy (be that property, relationships or even human life itself) than have any chance of talking about these issues and realising that common sense probably isn’t on their side.

I have seen hundreds of similar people to this man. Whether it be disowning a parent for their political views or losing friends. I can’t think of too many examples of Republicans disowning their parents because they will vote for Joe Biden. This man here is going to disown his father and not allow him to see his Grandchildren unless he bows to his political views.

Just sheer insanity. Very fitting for the thread.

These people have no centre. Emotionally they are completely unstable. Denouncing and attacking their own parents for ‘thought-crime?’

We’ve seen this before in the not-too-distant past. You and I both drew the parallel between what’s happening now and Mao’s cultural revolution. We drew it independently too, looked at the footage and drew the same obvious conclusion. It’s group psychosis and they keep upping the ante, adopting ever more extreme positions and behaviours to try and keep the ‘high,’ maintain the endorphin rush.

It’s the deranged state of mind that plays midwife to atrocity.

Has society lost its morality? on 09:41 - Sep 20 with 687 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Has society lost its morality? on 13:15 - Sep 18 by Dr_Parnassus

''Usual trolling'', show me one post of mine that is trolling and explain how that fits the definition. I will do the same for you and we can figure out who is the biggest troll, sound like a good idea? So inflammatory and offensive content. Off you go.

You are a coward. As soon as you feel intellectually threatened you turn into a hermit and start thinking of every reason to not debate further... until you feel comfortable to do so again which will then be in the form of accusation and insult of course. ''Troll'' is up there with ''good faith'' as your favorite go to escape cards, neither of course you would back up when challenged. Which ironically of course is trolling.

Now then onto your post, intolerant political views is absolutely a leftist trait, I'm not saying its exclusive to the left but it's certainly dominated by the left. You are a prime example of this, every single political debate you enter into you are approached to discuss the topic and you immediately fall back on abuse, its not limited to you as NeathJack did the same - that's due to your political leanings.

There are hundreds of examples I can provide very quickly of the left being violent, wishing for death or harm on people with the alternate political view. You would have a hard time matching that for the opposite.

How many Biden supporters are beaten up for being a Biden supporter? How many people are beaten up for having a Biden hat? How many people have their cars smashed up for displaying a Biden 2020 sticker?

Shall we compare those to? Of course not because yet again you know it wouldn't even be a comparison.

He’s not a coward. And you’re not an intellectual. You just THINK you are. It’s called delusional egotism.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Has society lost its morality? on 10:02 - Sep 20 with 683 viewsDr_Parnassus

Has society lost its morality? on 09:41 - Sep 20 by Brynmill_Jack

He’s not a coward. And you’re not an intellectual. You just THINK you are. It’s called delusional egotism.

Then these people are free to debate the topic and prove me wrong.

However something tells me we will just have to assume I am correct.

Has society lost its morality? on 10:21 - Sep 20 with 674 viewsonehunglow

Loh.

Ive learned more from you than 5 yrs in Grammar School.

I try to improve myself daily but I'm basically rather thick

Has society lost its morality? on 10:26 - Sep 20 with 666 viewsDr_Parnassus

“Say f*cking Black Lives Matter or we aren’t going to let you go!”

Has society lost its morality? on 10:42 - Sep 20 with 659 viewsCatullus

Has society lost its morality? on 08:34 - Sep 20 by Lohengrin

These people have no centre. Emotionally they are completely unstable. Denouncing and attacking their own parents for ‘thought-crime?’

We’ve seen this before in the not-too-distant past. You and I both drew the parallel between what’s happening now and Mao’s cultural revolution. We drew it independently too, looked at the footage and drew the same obvious conclusion. It’s group psychosis and they keep upping the ante, adopting ever more extreme positions and behaviours to try and keep the ‘high,’ maintain the endorphin rush.

It’s the deranged state of mind that plays midwife to atrocity.

Extremism is always bad, whichever side is doing it. It's never just been a left wing trait though it does seem to me the left get extreme more often than the right. I could be wrong.

I disagreed with my own dad about politics but it would never have occurred to me to threaten him with not seeing his grandson because of his voting choices.

Group psychosis, mob mentality, whatever it is, it's not good.

Has society lost its morality? on 06:36 - Sep 21 with 602 viewsDr_Parnassus

Another day, another leftist meltdown.

This time because she saw a sign she didn’t agree with whilst driving. This current generation terrifies me.

Has society lost its morality? on 02:39 - Sep 22 with 556 viewsDr_Parnassus

Another day, another example of ANTIFA and the Democrats intimidating their political opposition (whilst bizarrely proclaiming to be against fascism).

Here they camp outside the house of Senator Lindsay Graham, using strobe lights and megaphones demanding he doesn’t confirm the replacement of RBG until after the election. Hideous.

Can you imagine the headlines if this was Trump supporters...

[Post edited 22 Sep 2020 2:41]

Has society lost its morality? on 08:15 - Sep 22 with 498 viewsLohengrin

Has society lost its morality? on 02:39 - Sep 22 by Dr_Parnassus

Another day, another example of ANTIFA and the Democrats intimidating their political opposition (whilst bizarrely proclaiming to be against fascism).

Here they camp outside the house of Senator Lindsay Graham, using strobe lights and megaphones demanding he doesn’t confirm the replacement of RBG until after the election. Hideous.

Can you imagine the headlines if this was Trump supporters...

[Post edited 22 Sep 2020 2:41]

You know Doc there’s a distinct pattern to history, a rhythm, if you look closely enough it begins to reveal itself. It operates in cycles like the ebb and flow of a tide.

In 1933 Hitler appointed Goring as his Minister of the Interior. One of Goring’s first actions was to slash the budgets of the regional police departments to render them impotent, make them incapable of effectively countering the street presence of the Sturmabteilung, the S.A.

‘Defund the Police.‘ Is that ringing any bells?

Has society lost its morality? on 08:53 - Sep 22 with 489 viewsDr_Parnassus

Has society lost its morality? on 08:15 - Sep 22 by Lohengrin

You know Doc there’s a distinct pattern to history, a rhythm, if you look closely enough it begins to reveal itself. It operates in cycles like the ebb and flow of a tide.

In 1933 Hitler appointed Goring as his Minister of the Interior. One of Goring’s first actions was to slash the budgets of the regional police departments to render them impotent, make them incapable of effectively countering the street presence of the Sturmabteilung, the S.A.

‘Defund the Police.‘ Is that ringing any bells?

Oh it’s absolutely stark Loh, as soon as the mob picked up and ran with this defund the police I immediately thought of Germany in the 1930’s. I’m just waiting for Trump to win in November and our very own modern day version of the Beer Hall Putsch of the 20’s. Thankfully modern structure probably doesn’t allow an exact mirror but this stalking of political figures homes and also key media opposition really has an eerie feel to it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024