Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Has society lost its morality? 03:13 - Sep 18 with 3117 viewsDr_Parnassus

I have seen a few things now regarding people celebrating or being glad someone has been murdered or maimed due to their beliefs. 5 years ago these views would be seen as abhorrent, now they tend to be accepted.

This woman was asked about the man who was murdered in Portland for his political beliefs, she remarked “tough luck, don’t be a Trump supporter then”.

Can you imagine a time in 2014 if someone was ambushed and murdered because they supported Obama, then people were dancing and singing in celebration and seemingly normal people having the view that “well he shouldn’t have been an Obama supporter then”.

People celebrating police officers being shot and wishing for their deaths claiming they deserve it (just for sitting in their car). A 31 year old mother of a 6 year old, in hospital with gunshot wounds while people are outside the hospital where she is having emergency surgery to wish for her death - just due to her profession.

This identity politics and dehumanising of people due to their identity and political beliefs has been the groundwork for genocide. It seems perfectly acceptable in this day and age on the left though. Very scary. This is fascism.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Has society lost its morality? on 13:33 - Sep 18 with 873 viewsDr_Parnassus

Has society lost its morality? on 13:23 - Sep 18 by Highjack

It was fiery but mostly peaceful attempted mass murder.

No doubt Hump believed those headlines too

Fiery but mostly peaceful protests... as the whole street is on fire behind them and a car about to be blown up.

Has society lost its morality? on 14:14 - Sep 18 with 859 viewsProfessor

What can be expected when 'leaders' fail to show any morals?
Has society lost its morality? on 14:15 - Sep 18 with 858 viewsDr_Parnassus

Has society lost its morality? on 14:14 - Sep 18 by Professor

What can be expected when 'leaders' fail to show any morals?

Expand.

You seem to be blaming this behavior by grown adults on something specific?
[Post edited 18 Sep 2020 14:16]

Has society lost its morality? on 15:43 - Sep 18 with 837 views1983

Has society lost its morality? on 12:41 - Sep 18 by A_Fans_Dad

Because by condoning it they allow it to continue.

Don't feed these people by the looks of that lady she would be bitter about something else if not that. I wonder how many people did he have to interview to get that one response?

Has society lost its morality? on 16:16 - Sep 18 with 821 viewsCatullus

Has society lost its morality? on 14:15 - Sep 18 by Dr_Parnassus

Expand.

You seem to be blaming this behavior by grown adults on something specific?
[Post edited 18 Sep 2020 14:16]

I agree with him. When your leaders in Westminster bay and bark like children, when they tell us what we should do but break the rules themselves, when they lie and cheat and steal and in some cases even commit perjury what do they expect of the rest of us.

I'll mention again Robert Bucklands answer to a question on the Marr show when he said "if I see tha law being broken in a way I find unacceptable" which suggests he finds some law bereaking acceptable and he's the justice secretary, what do we do?

AFD suggests there's a link to falling church attendances but lets face it, there are enough rapists and paedophiles in religious circles to fill a few prisons, Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven. It's not heaven if they're getting buggered by pervy priests.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Has society lost its morality? on 16:49 - Sep 18 with 811 viewsProfessor

Has society lost its morality? on 16:16 - Sep 18 by Catullus

I agree with him. When your leaders in Westminster bay and bark like children, when they tell us what we should do but break the rules themselves, when they lie and cheat and steal and in some cases even commit perjury what do they expect of the rest of us.

I'll mention again Robert Bucklands answer to a question on the Marr show when he said "if I see tha law being broken in a way I find unacceptable" which suggests he finds some law bereaking acceptable and he's the justice secretary, what do we do?

AFD suggests there's a link to falling church attendances but lets face it, there are enough rapists and paedophiles in religious circles to fill a few prisons, Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven. It's not heaven if they're getting buggered by pervy priests.

A less sophisticated society was in part controlled by religion and still is around the world. The codifying of religious texts has tended to lead to a broadly similar moral framework around each religion which also tend to form the basis of law.

There should be no need for religion to do that now and most people are still fair and sit broadly within 'christian' morality in this country. It has interested me that people are baffled by my atheism in places I have been like Malawi, Ethiopia and Philippines where christianity still holds away, but have found some individuals amongst the least moral. Same can be argued for the US. Trump, thrice married, serial adulterer appealing to the religious right! Not blaming Trump for that, but a very myopic viewpoint. But when people see our representatives (on both sides) lie, cheat and defraud us what can be expected. Of course the current crop are past masters of lies, rule breaking and immoral behaviour.
Has society lost its morality? on 16:58 - Sep 18 with 803 viewsProfessor

Has society lost its morality? on 16:49 - Sep 18 by Professor

A less sophisticated society was in part controlled by religion and still is around the world. The codifying of religious texts has tended to lead to a broadly similar moral framework around each religion which also tend to form the basis of law.

There should be no need for religion to do that now and most people are still fair and sit broadly within 'christian' morality in this country. It has interested me that people are baffled by my atheism in places I have been like Malawi, Ethiopia and Philippines where christianity still holds away, but have found some individuals amongst the least moral. Same can be argued for the US. Trump, thrice married, serial adulterer appealing to the religious right! Not blaming Trump for that, but a very myopic viewpoint. But when people see our representatives (on both sides) lie, cheat and defraud us what can be expected. Of course the current crop are past masters of lies, rule breaking and immoral behaviour.

I will add, that freedom to practice religion and respect of people's beliefs is also an important tenet of morality. I also believe that a state should be entirely secular and separated from religion.

But I find nothing more hypocritical than those marrying in Church, never to return or care about the congregation. I refused to marry in Church on this basis and got married in Castell Coch instead.
Has society lost its morality? on 17:49 - Sep 18 with 789 viewsCatullus

Has society lost its morality? on 16:58 - Sep 18 by Professor

I will add, that freedom to practice religion and respect of people's beliefs is also an important tenet of morality. I also believe that a state should be entirely secular and separated from religion.

But I find nothing more hypocritical than those marrying in Church, never to return or care about the congregation. I refused to marry in Church on this basis and got married in Castell Coch instead.

I totally agree. Myself and my wife don't do religion. Many of the worst people I ever met were churchgoers and as I have often said, they are simply advertising they are good people but the truth of them is very different.
We had a simple service in a registry office, no frills and no reception or honeymoon! I totally back peoples right to religious freedom though. A fool should always be free to be a fool, I know I am

Though in saying that, both of us agree that if we are going to worship anything, it's mother nature. We love nature!

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Login to get fewer ads

Has society lost its morality? on 18:12 - Sep 18 with 779 viewsNeath_Jack

Morality hasn't changed.

People have been hurting and killing each other for the most ridiculous of reasons, for centuries.

What has changed is the world is now a tiny place. A mouse can't fart without it appearing on the internet somewhere.

Bad people have always done bad things. Black, white, catholics, protestants, makes no odds.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Has society lost its morality? on 18:13 - Sep 18 with 779 viewsLohengrin

Has society lost its morality? on 10:49 - Sep 18 by Best_loser

This is fascism

Interesting that Spencer is endorsing Biden this time around, don’t you think?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Has society lost its morality? on 18:33 - Sep 18 with 772 viewsonehunglow

One of my late mother' s worst quotes was her "Good Christian family" maxim. It annoyed me then,it does now.

Christianity or any religion does not a good person make,eg Trump who uses this for American approval in a deeply hypocritical country,one where the greatest racism was in the most Religious states. Same in the old white South Africa where our ears burned with their God fearing bollox whilst they butchered the indiginous people.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Has society lost its morality? on 19:27 - Sep 18 with 749 viewsWingstandwood

Has society lost its morality? on 18:33 - Sep 18 by onehunglow

One of my late mother' s worst quotes was her "Good Christian family" maxim. It annoyed me then,it does now.

Christianity or any religion does not a good person make,eg Trump who uses this for American approval in a deeply hypocritical country,one where the greatest racism was in the most Religious states. Same in the old white South Africa where our ears burned with their God fearing bollox whilst they butchered the indiginous people.

Many years back I had the absolute displeasure to have met a Christian Minister and his equally revolting wife whom on social media recently, a few months back, 'rejoiced' in a Hulk Hogan Twitter post.

These utterly sick and twisted scumbags were overjoyed with what they perceived to be God's punishment's upon us all by means of Covid-19. They were however not 'overjoyed' with recent NHS staff tributes... These two Christians were most annoyed by 'worship' directed upon mere mortals (as opposed to celestial beings) whom were praised as 'angels'.

They belong to a denomination/geographic set-up that uses church money to employ a (above mentioned) minister, a youth-worker and an outreach/mission worker. Jobs for the boys basically.

I worked out that over a ten year period (with pensions included) nigh on a million pounds is being scandalously wasted on zero-end-product hot air for each to do 2-4 hours a week max. That money should be vastly better spent on helping the poor, homeless and foodbanks. Now I bet that Jesus guy would really like that!

There are no doubt many fantastic Christians that live up to Jesus standards, practice what they preach, but there are others who are complete and utter impostors and charlatans.

Argus!

Has society lost its morality? on 20:55 - Sep 18 with 692 viewsonehunglow

I wa boright up in a "christian" houehold ,wing.Welsh chapel as a kid,then Mount Pleasant,a greater bunch of hypocrite you could not wish to meet. unday school,Band of Hope and Young Disciples all terms that now ,at 70 yrs of age,revolt me.It was pretty much child abuse-seriously. In fact,not pretty much;it was. Brain washing of the worst kind. As fundamental as any Islamist nutter.My father had a seething,searing hatred for Catholics and I cannot ever remember not being interogated about any girlfiend I had as to if she was a catholic or not. He despised Methodists over baptism,and a for 7th day adventists,JWs ,Christadelphians,Church Scientists ...I often wonder how I got through it all.

In USA, for a politician ,it is impossible to avoid the Bible Belt mentality .

God help America

Has society lost its morality? on 21:28 - Sep 18 with 674 viewsCatullus

Has society lost its morality? on 20:55 - Sep 18 by onehunglow

I wa boright up in a "christian" houehold ,wing.Welsh chapel as a kid,then Mount Pleasant,a greater bunch of hypocrite you could not wish to meet. unday school,Band of Hope and Young Disciples all terms that now ,at 70 yrs of age,revolt me.It was pretty much child abuse-seriously. In fact,not pretty much;it was. Brain washing of the worst kind. As fundamental as any Islamist nutter.My father had a seething,searing hatred for Catholics and I cannot ever remember not being interogated about any girlfiend I had as to if she was a catholic or not. He despised Methodists over baptism,and a for 7th day adventists,JWs ,Christadelphians,Church Scientists ...I often wonder how I got through it all.

God help America

Not Mt Pleasant on the Kingsway in Swansea?

Has society lost its morality? on 21:44 - Sep 18 with 670 viewsWingstandwood

Has society lost its morality? on 20:55 - Sep 18 by onehunglow

God help America

You've touched upon something that really intrigues me regarding Christian thinking and that is the way one denomination can detest another only a hundred yards or so down the road. That is? By mind-blowing hypocrisy is IMO extremely un-Christian. Appallingly un-Christian! "Love Thy Neighbour".........NOT!

The two individuals I mentioned and their lot of same denomination do not like Catholics cos they practice idolatry, do not like Mormons cos they're heretics dismissing The Bible, do not like Jehovah's Witnesses cos they also heretics by means of the denial of 'The Trinity' i.e. "The father, the son and holy ghost".

They also detest more popular happy-clappy churches seen as 'competition' because they do not do depressing/morbid hell, sin and punishment doctrine. They show contempt for discerning "church shopping" attendees who prefer to jump ship and put their money into another 'rivals' collection plate also.

I'm not a Theologian or churchgoer, but my chance encounter with these two charlatans taught me to realize how utterly cold they were and maybe, just maybe devil worshippers are nowhere near as 'nasty' by comparison.

Argus!

Has society lost its morality? on 22:51 - Sep 18 with 634 viewsonehunglow

All those not believers had to be saved.

Every religious adherent believes they are right.

Wrong.

Has society lost its morality? on 23:30 - Sep 18 with 622 viewsDJack

Once I saw this guy on a bridge about to jump. I said, "Don't do it!"
He said, "Nobody loves me."
I said, "God loves you. Do you believe in God?"

He said, "Yes."
I said, "Are you a Christian or a Jew?"
He said, "A Christian." I said, "Me, too! Protestant or Catholic?"
He said, "Protestant."
I said, "Me, too! What franchise?"
He said, "Baptist."
I said, "Me, too! Northern Baptist or Southern Baptist?"
He said, "Northern Baptist."
I said, "Me, too! Northern Conservative Baptist or Northern Liberal Baptist?"

He said, "Northern Conservative Baptist."
I said, "Me, too! Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region, or Northern Conservative Baptist Eastern Region?"
He said, "Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region."
I said, "Me, too!"

Northern Conservative†Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1879, or Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1912?"
He said, "Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1912."
I said, "Die, heretic!" And I pushed him over.

(c) Emo Phillips

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Has society lost its morality? on 23:48 - Sep 18 with 609 viewsDr_Parnassus

Has society lost its morality? on 16:16 - Sep 18 by Catullus

What do you mean you agree with him?

He hasn’t expanded yet, what on earth does his sentence mean?

Adults cheering the death of their political opposition in the Western World and accosting members of the public to submit or suffer the consequences is who’s fault?

Has society lost its morality? on 04:50 - Sep 19 with 576 viewsDr_Parnassus

The state of the Universities in 2020 is something we as a society may feel the consequences of for decades.

Has society lost its morality? on 06:56 - Sep 19 with 567 viewspikeypaul

It’s the way the left have always been, driven by bitterness and anger at their sad little life’s, we see it here on this board the scum calling for people to be killed, it’s the way they are.

OUT

AFLI

🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Has society lost its morality? on 09:03 - Sep 19 with 540 viewsCatullus

Has society lost its morality? on 23:48 - Sep 18 by Dr_Parnassus

What do you mean you agree with him?

He hasn’t expanded yet, what on earth does his sentence mean?

Adults cheering the death of their political opposition in the Western World and accosting members of the public to submit or suffer the consequences is who’s fault?

You're just being ridiculous. His sentence is perfectly clear and I have stated my opinion.

PS, when I say I agree with him, it means I agree with him, I don't disagree, I am aligned wih his succinctly put opinion, we are on the same page, there is no dispute.

Is that enpansive enough?

Has society lost its morality? on 13:45 - Sep 19 with 502 viewsDr_Parnassus

Has society lost its morality? on 09:03 - Sep 19 by Catullus

You're just being ridiculous. His sentence is perfectly clear and I have stated my opinion.

PS, when I say I agree with him, it means I agree with him, I don't disagree, I am aligned wih his succinctly put opinion, we are on the same page, there is no dispute.

Is that enpansive enough?

Nothing ridiculous at all. He said one sentence devoid of specifics or context, you had no idea what he was talking about but decided to agree because it was the side you wanted to take.

So, maybe you can explain, what morals are our leaders lacking that is the direct reason that people wish other people dead?

Because that seems absurd.

Has society lost its morality? on 14:42 - Sep 19 with 490 viewsHumpty

Has society lost its morality? on 13:32 - Sep 18 by Dr_Parnassus

And just like that he runs for cover.

As I have taught you, of course there are vile people on all sides, but these actions tend to be a mainstay on the left.

Which is why you are peddling the debunked ''fine people'' comment, because you don't feel confident in your opinion. Typical troll behavior.

We will do this again when you get your big boy pants on and fancy a few cowardly jibes again.

Sorry Dr but I missed this.

In what way has Trump's fine people comment been debunked?
Has society lost its morality? on 14:49 - Sep 19 with 484 viewsDr_Parnassus

Has society lost its morality? on 14:42 - Sep 19 by Humpty

Sorry Dr but I missed this.

In what way has Trump's fine people comment been debunked?

What? So you want to have a political debate now? Do you realise how transparent your fear is, you only want to engage when you mistakenly feel you have “an in”.

Why don’t you answer my question and then make this your return question? That seems a fair exchange don’t you think? A political question for a political question.

Has society lost its morality? on 14:53 - Sep 19 with 472 viewsHumpty

Has society lost its morality? on 14:49 - Sep 19 by Dr_Parnassus

What? So you want to have a political debate now? Do you realise how transparent your fear is, you only want to engage when you mistakenly feel you have “an in”.

Why don’t you answer my question and then make this your return question? That seems a fair exchange don’t you think? A political question for a political question.

I don't mind having a discussion. I'm not playing your childish games though. No problem if you don't want to answer. You're not obliged to.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024