Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Biased policing 11:31 - Sep 20 with 6473 viewsAndy1300

BLM And XR protests, they stood and watched or took the knee. Dover protest ant anti lockdown protest they acted quite the opposite, ask yourself why?

Number 1 team in Wales

Biased policing on 14:06 - Sep 21 with 963 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Good to see the Avon and Somerset police have arrested and charged 10 people who committed criminal damage during the Bristol riot and throwing a statue in the docks. Would have been better if they stopped the crimi all damage in the first place.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Biased policing on 14:39 - Sep 21 with 945 viewsAndy1300

Biased policing on 14:06 - Sep 21 by felixstowe_jack

Good to see the Avon and Somerset police have arrested and charged 10 people who committed criminal damage during the Bristol riot and throwing a statue in the docks. Would have been better if they stopped the crimi all damage in the first place.

They took an operational decision not to on that day, obviously afraid of being called racists.

It’s pathetic, the way they treat some gatherings compared to others is based on how they will be perceived.

Number 1 team in Wales

Biased policing on 17:09 - Sep 21 with 913 viewsonehunglow

Dead right there Andy.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Biased policing on 18:10 - Sep 21 with 892 viewsmajorraglan

Biased policing on 14:39 - Sep 21 by Andy1300

They took an operational decision not to on that day, obviously afraid of being called racists.

It’s pathetic, the way they treat some gatherings compared to others is based on how they will be perceived.

I don’t agree with their decision not to arrest, but if there are say 40 to 80 cops and they are dealing with a hardcore of several hundred activists intent on kicking off they simply won’t have the numbers to get in to the crowds and make large number of arrests.

Typo
[Post edited 21 Sep 2020 22:14]
Biased policing on 18:43 - Sep 21 with 873 viewsDrizzy

Biased policing on 14:06 - Sep 21 by felixstowe_jack

Do you think this is criminal damage, Felixstowe?
[Post edited 21 Sep 2020 18:43]

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Biased policing on 18:47 - Sep 21 with 868 viewsTreforys_Jack

Local referendums are the way to go. Local people get to say what statues, plaques, monuments etc are displayed in their area.
Biased policing on 19:15 - Sep 21 with 840 viewsAndy1300

Biased policing on 18:47 - Sep 21 by Treforys_Jack

Local referendums are the way to go. Local people get to say what statues, plaques, monuments etc are displayed in their area.

Agreed, but with proper education around said person

Number 1 team in Wales

Biased policing on 19:18 - Sep 21 with 838 viewsAndy1300

Biased policing on 18:10 - Sep 21 by majorraglan

I don’t agree with their decision not to arrest, but if there are say 40 to 80 cops and they are dealing with a hardcore of several hundred activists intent on kicking off they simply won’t have the numbers to get in to the crowds and make large number of arrests.

Typo
[Post edited 21 Sep 2020 22:14]

Well there is the issue, they didn’t care Bout charging in to the crowd who were opposing lockdown.

Do you see the double standards here?

Number 1 team in Wales

Login to get fewer ads

Biased policing on 22:21 - Sep 21 with 795 viewsmajorraglan

Biased policing on 19:18 - Sep 21 by Andy1300

Well there is the issue, they didn’t care Bout charging in to the crowd who were opposing lockdown.

It all depends on what the crowd are doing. If the crowd are kicking off, and by that I mean attacking people or threatening to do it and there s a chance of violence I’d expect the police to take action even if their numbers are on the low side as they have to protect life, but if it’s only damage to property and there is no risk to life it puts a different light on it.
I would like to have seen the Bristol mob run in, but I can understand why they weren’t and I don’t think there s a conspiracy.
Biased policing on 10:59 - Sep 22 with 738 viewsDrizzy

Biased policing on 18:47 - Sep 21 by Treforys_Jack

Thousands of local people in Bristol signed a petition to get it removed or to have the plaque changed. The council ignored it.

Biased policing on 11:31 - Sep 22 with 710 viewsHighjack

Biased policing on 18:43 - Sep 21 by Drizzy

Were there any laws against it at that point considering the ruling party was overthrown? Technically the country was under martial law and it was the US army that pulled it down.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Biased policing on 11:41 - Sep 22 with 709 viewsLohengrin

Biased policing on 18:43 - Sep 21 by Drizzy

Are you really comparing Edward Colston to Saddam Hussein?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Biased policing on 12:23 - Sep 22 with 695 viewsDrizzy

Biased policing on 19:18 - Sep 21 by Andy1300

Yes.

The double standard is that one protest was full of thick aggressive knuckle-draggers who refute basic science and endanger public health.

The other protests were largely peaceful and made provisions to ensure vulnerable people's lives weren't at an unnecessary risk.

Still struggling, Andy?

Biased policing on 12:24 - Sep 22 with 694 viewsAndy1300

Biased policing on 10:59 - Sep 22 by Drizzy

Thousands of local people in Bristol signed a petition to get it removed or to have the plaque changed. The council ignored it.

Perspective, a small percentage voted for it to be removed

Number 1 team in Wales

Biased policing on 12:26 - Sep 22 with 693 viewsDrizzy

Biased policing on 12:24 - Sep 22 by Andy1300

Perspective, a small percentage voted for it to be removed

There wasn't a city-wide referendum, Andy. Thousands went out of their way to sign the petition.

Biased policing on 12:28 - Sep 22 with 689 viewsDrizzy

Biased policing on 11:41 - Sep 22 by Lohengrin

Are you really comparing Edward Colston to Saddam Hussein?

No. I'm just asking Felixstowe if he thinks removing a different statue of a mass murderer is also criminal damage.

Biased policing on 13:02 - Sep 22 with 668 viewsCatullus

Biased policing on 12:28 - Sep 22 by Drizzy

No. I'm just asking Felixstowe if he thinks removing a different statue of a mass murderer is also criminal damage.

You can't put Colston and Hussein in the same context. Good piece from the Bristol post about this statue though,

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/how-city-failed-remove-edward-42

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Biased policing on 13:06 - Sep 22 with 665 viewsHumpty

Biased policing on 13:02 - Sep 22 by Catullus

You can't put Colston and Hussein in the same context. Good piece from the Bristol post about this statue though,

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/how-city-failed-remove-edward-42

Good article.
Biased policing on 13:09 - Sep 22 with 661 viewsHighjack

Biased policing on 10:59 - Sep 22 by Drizzy

Why do you think the council ignored it out of interest? What were their motives behind that monumental (pun intended) decision?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Biased policing on 13:20 - Sep 22 with 656 viewsDrizzy

Biased policing on 13:09 - Sep 22 by Highjack

Why do you think the council ignored it out of interest? What were their motives behind that monumental (pun intended) decision?

I've absolutely no idea. The plaque was due to be changed but then, according to the article posted by Cats, the Merchant Venturers charity got involved and the new plaque was due to be "rewritten" and never appeared.

Biased policing on 13:22 - Sep 22 with 652 viewsCatullus

Biased policing on 13:20 - Sep 22 by Drizzy

I've absolutely no idea. The plaque was due to be changed but then, according to the article posted by Cats, the Merchant Venturers charity got involved and the new plaque was due to be "rewritten" and never appeared.

Possibly because of other, higher priorities? Higher at the time maybe but I reckon they wish they'd dealt with this issue sooner now.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Biased policing on 13:27 - Sep 22 with 646 viewsLohengrin

Biased policing on 13:09 - Sep 22 by Highjack

It gives the reason in the article link, High.

"I now regret us not removing the Colston statue when I was Mayor to place it in Bristol Museum with full historical narrative - even though it would have been flying in the face of majority Bristol opinion," he added.

And Mr Ferguson was not wrong.

Whenever the question was asked in the past two decades in opinion polls, letters pages and radio phone-ins, it seemed that the majority of people in Bristol said they wanted the Colston Statue to stay.”

Biased policing on 13:30 - Sep 22 with 643 viewsHighjack

Biased policing on 13:22 - Sep 22 by Catullus

Possibly because of other, higher priorities? Higher at the time maybe but I reckon they wish they'd dealt with this issue sooner now.

Precisely. They probably get thousands and thousands of letters and petitions asking them to sort issues out. If they don’t sort your issue out immediately that does not give you the right to form a vigilante mob and take the law into your own hands.

Biased policing on 13:32 - Sep 22 with 636 viewsHighjack

Biased policing on 13:27 - Sep 22 by Lohengrin

It gives the reason in the article link, High.

"I now regret us not removing the Colston statue when I was Mayor to place it in Bristol Museum with full historical narrative - even though it would have been flying in the face of majority Bristol opinion," he added.

And Mr Ferguson was not wrong.

Whenever the question was asked in the past two decades in opinion polls, letters pages and radio phone-ins, it seemed that the majority of people in Bristol said they wanted the Colston Statue to stay.”

They should put the statue back up then.

Biased policing on 13:33 - Sep 22 with 633 viewsLohengrin

Biased policing on 13:32 - Sep 22 by Highjack

They should put the statue back up then.

Don’t hold your breath.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024