Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 01:18 - Sep 29 with 164075 viewsDr_Parnassus

Who will be watching? First one kicks off in 24 hours time.

The Democrats have pulled Joe back from his campaign trail recently to get him prepared, so hopefully it will be a decent exchange.

Unfortunately they don’t seem to have great confidence as they have spent the last month looking for any dirt they can dig up so Joe can use if he gets stuck.

It’s no coincidence that this vote influencing Facebook algorithm story is being shamelessly and inaccurately made into a race issue on the eve of the debates. So transparent and disingenuous, it’s a shame politics has come to this on this level where black people are being used in this way to score political points. I would be furious if I was them, but it does seem a lot of people are not falling for this one and calling it out for what it is.

People finally seem to be getting wise to this political race baiting which is refreshing to see.

It’s also telling that in the week of the debate they try and paint Trump as a tax evasion offender. I think that’s what they wanted the tax returns to show, they seem to have got annoyed when it turns out his tax returns were fine in accordance to what his companies profits were - but decided to run with it anyway. Any news is good news in their mind as it’s another thing Joe can use when in a tricky spot.

But I hope the discussions remain political and doesn’t turn into some form of gossip peddling reality TV episode.

Although I think there should be some kind of drinking game involved if it does turn that way, how many times Biden completely loses his thread of thought and blurts out “I mean, think about it...” you have to take a shot.

I will be watching with great interest anyway.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 17:45 - Oct 22 with 867 viewsA_Fans_Dad

As usual Djack ignores the fact that the Senate Intelligence Committee had already stated most of the financial shenanigans of the Bidens based on Government documents, before the details coming out from the laptop and other corroborating sources.
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 20:11 - Oct 22 with 835 viewsGwyn737

Looking forward to round 2 tonight.

It’ll be interesting to see how the 2 minute mute thing will work out. Not sure who it benefits at the outset - we’ll probably know by the end!
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 20:22 - Oct 22 with 829 viewsA_Fans_Dad

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 20:11 - Oct 22 by Gwyn737

Looking forward to round 2 tonight.

It’ll be interesting to see how the 2 minute mute thing will work out. Not sure who it benefits at the outset - we’ll probably know by the end!

The mute may be used to censor unwanted comments or questions.
Is the so called mediator, you know, the rabidly anti trump Kristen Welker also going to be muted when the others are supposed to be talking?
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 20:47 - Oct 22 with 814 viewsDr_Parnassus

No doubt it will be another awful viewing spectacle.

Trump will be too desperate to use his time to talk about the biggest story in modern politics (the emails) because he knows Biden won’t be asked, or if he is as a token - then he won’t be pressed. The moderator will be too busy protecting Biden from the questions while trying to focus on something anti-Trump related.

We know how these things go by now.

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 21:14 - Oct 22 with 800 viewsGwyn737

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 20:47 - Oct 22 by Dr_Parnassus

No doubt it will be another awful viewing spectacle.

Trump will be too desperate to use his time to talk about the biggest story in modern politics (the emails) because he knows Biden won’t be asked, or if he is as a token - then he won’t be pressed. The moderator will be too busy protecting Biden from the questions while trying to focus on something anti-Trump related.

We know how these things go by now.

To be fair, I don’t see that (discussing the emails) as the role of this tv debate. People who are undecided need to hear what the candidates on the identified issues.

Those who are already in a camp aren’t going to be swung by personal attacks either way.

Anyway, full impact of the emails is yet to be seen and I think it could be a risk for Trump to jump in too early. Having said that, it’ll be weird if he doesn’t push it a bit.
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 21:20 - Oct 22 with 794 viewsDr_Parnassus

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 21:14 - Oct 22 by Gwyn737

To be fair, I don’t see that (discussing the emails) as the role of this tv debate. People who are undecided need to hear what the candidates on the identified issues.

Those who are already in a camp aren’t going to be swung by personal attacks either way.

Anyway, full impact of the emails is yet to be seen and I think it could be a risk for Trump to jump in too early. Having said that, it’ll be weird if he doesn’t push it a bit.

It isn't a personal attack, It's about Biden using his position to profit from political corruption, this isn't a story about him using a teleprompter or stuttering, this is serious.

The political corruption of someone wanting to become the most powerful political figure in the world should trump (pun intended) every and all of his ill thought out policies (like pushing some taxes up to 60%+).

The country cannot have someone in office that is open to such financial corruption, the power the likes of China for example will have over him doesn't bear thinking about.

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 21:22 - Oct 22 with 792 viewsGwyn737

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 21:20 - Oct 22 by Dr_Parnassus

It isn't a personal attack, It's about Biden using his position to profit from political corruption, this isn't a story about him using a teleprompter or stuttering, this is serious.

The political corruption of someone wanting to become the most powerful political figure in the world should trump (pun intended) every and all of his ill thought out policies (like pushing some taxes up to 60%+).

The country cannot have someone in office that is open to such financial corruption, the power the likes of China for example will have over him doesn't bear thinking about.

But a risk as the story is still in its infancy?
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 21:25 - Oct 22 with 789 viewsDr_Parnassus

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 21:22 - Oct 22 by Gwyn737

But a risk as the story is still in its infancy?

There is more than enough corroborating evidence there as it is. There is no risk.

Hunter's former business partner has come out saying Joe Biden was taking cuts of his son's deals with China and handed over 26,000 emails corroborating it.... which is separate to the Ukraine stuff which has been confirmed by people in the very email chain that Joe was getting a cut of Ukrainian deals held by Hunter to avoid audit.

Login to get fewer ads

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 21:27 - Oct 22 with 787 viewsGwyn737

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 21:25 - Oct 22 by Dr_Parnassus

There is more than enough corroborating evidence there as it is. There is no risk.

Hunter's former business partner has come out saying Joe Biden was taking cuts of his son's deals with China and handed over 26,000 emails corroborating it.... which is separate to the Ukraine stuff which has been confirmed by people in the very email chain that Joe was getting a cut of Ukrainian deals held by Hunter to avoid audit.

But not enough corroboration for any kind of prosecution.
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 21:34 - Oct 22 with 784 viewsDr_Parnassus

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 21:27 - Oct 22 by Gwyn737

But not enough corroboration for any kind of prosecution.

I would say there will almost certainly be a successful prosecution when everything has been assessed - AFTER the election of course.

If Hunter Biden isn't in custody in 2021 I will be absolutely stunned, but of course if Joe gets in I am sure he will make it all go away. Which is probably the plan and best hope both of them have.

If a court of law will be able to get the Joe Biden illegalities to stick remains to be seen as the finances were held for him as opposed to him taking possession of it. He isn't as stupid as his son, hence why he uses him to do his bidding.

But I am sure there will be more coming out very soon on that front.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2020 21:35]

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 21:39 - Oct 22 with 780 viewsGwyn737

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 21:34 - Oct 22 by Dr_Parnassus

I would say there will almost certainly be a successful prosecution when everything has been assessed - AFTER the election of course.

If Hunter Biden isn't in custody in 2021 I will be absolutely stunned, but of course if Joe gets in I am sure he will make it all go away. Which is probably the plan and best hope both of them have.

If a court of law will be able to get the Joe Biden illegalities to stick remains to be seen as the finances were held for him as opposed to him taking possession of it. He isn't as stupid as his son, hence why he uses him to do his bidding.

But I am sure there will be more coming out very soon on that front.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2020 21:35]

It’s still conjecture though isn’t it?

What do you think it says if trump doesn’t go for it tonight?
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 21:47 - Oct 22 with 777 viewsDr_Parnassus

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 21:39 - Oct 22 by Gwyn737

It’s still conjecture though isn’t it?

What do you think it says if trump doesn’t go for it tonight?

No, the emails are a smoking gun - they aren't conjecture.

What do you mean if he doesn't go for it?

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 21:50 - Oct 22 with 775 viewsGwyn737

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 21:47 - Oct 22 by Dr_Parnassus

No, the emails are a smoking gun - they aren't conjecture.

What do you mean if he doesn't go for it?

He’ll have ample opportunity to push the story. I’m wondering how much he will.

The mute button is only active for the first 2 minutes of each section is my understanding.
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 21:50 - Oct 22 with 775 viewsDJack

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 11:55 - Oct 22 by Highjack

That’s just a smear. Probably the Russians.

Nope, probably pissed of Democrats. I'm being serious.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 21:52 - Oct 22 with 769 viewsDr_Winston

I'm not sure of the point of these debates. Surely there can't be any undecided voters left in America. Either you think the human Cheeto needs to be booted as far away from the Presidency as physically possible or you're an idiot.

Can't be many floating voters left.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 21:56 - Oct 22 with 763 viewsDr_Parnassus

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 21:50 - Oct 22 by Gwyn737

He’ll have ample opportunity to push the story. I’m wondering how much he will.

The mute button is only active for the first 2 minutes of each section is my understanding.

As much as he will be allowed to no doubt.

But he will be advised to try and avoid a similar repeat of the last one where it became a shouting match. Biden if left to speak long enough will ruin ''his own'' policies, like he did the last time with the Green New Deal..

So it will be a balance between pushing the emails without being too overbearing with it. Lets not forget the leftist media and social media has actively tried to silence it, so there could very well be viewers who don't know what hes talking about.

There must be (and sure there will be) strategy behind it this time.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2020 21:59]

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 21:58 - Oct 22 with 762 viewsDr_Parnassus

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 21:52 - Oct 22 by Dr_Winston

I'm not sure of the point of these debates. Surely there can't be any undecided voters left in America. Either you think the human Cheeto needs to be booted as far away from the Presidency as physically possible or you're an idiot.

That's no way to talk about Biden’s flaky and cheesy persona with an incredibly soft underbelly when compromised. But an apt comparison none the less.
[Post edited 25 Oct 2020 2:24]

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 22:03 - Oct 22 with 751 viewsJoe_bradshaw

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 21:52 - Oct 22 by Dr_Winston

It seems that almost everyone has made up their minds, Around 45 million votes already cast and as a rule the debates are overrated and have little bearing on voting intentions.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 22:09 - Oct 22 with 746 viewsDr_Parnassus

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 22:03 - Oct 22 by Joe_bradshaw

It seems that almost everyone has made up their minds, Around 45 million votes already cast and as a rule the debates are overrated and have little bearing on voting intentions.

There are some firms estimating upwards of 150m votes will be cast this year.

You are correct usually with the impact of debates however Trump debates have shown the opposite. Trump started his upturn after the debates with Hillary and the market moved significantly towards Biden after the first debate this year.

More people are watching the debates than ever before.

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 22:14 - Oct 22 with 739 viewsDJack

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 17:45 - Oct 22 by A_Fans_Dad

As usual Djack ignores the fact that the Senate Intelligence Committee had already stated most of the financial shenanigans of the Bidens based on Government documents, before the details coming out from the laptop and other corroborating sources.

Except it's the Republican element of the Committee which published that report, that's what you keep ignoring. A partisan hit piece that found no crime only "troubling" elements.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 22:18 - Oct 22 with 733 viewsDr_Parnassus

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 22:14 - Oct 22 by DJack

Except it's the Republican element of the Committee which published that report, that's what you keep ignoring. A partisan hit piece that found no crime only "troubling" elements.

If you don't like news from Republicans then why are you posting it from Democrats on almost a daily basis?... until it became apparent you were on the wrong side

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 22:22 - Oct 22 with 728 viewsDJack

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 22:14 - Oct 22 by DJack

Apparently, if one of the reveals from the hard drive is that Hunter got involved with a Chinese Bio company and they released the virus to make Trump look bad to help Joe that is the QAnon conspiracy bingo card full...

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 22:24 - Oct 22 with 725 viewsDr_Parnassus

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 22:22 - Oct 22 by DJack

Apparently, if one of the reveals from the hard drive is that Hunter got involved with a Chinese Bio company and they released the virus to make Trump look bad to help Joe that is the QAnon conspiracy bingo card full...

There is only one person peddling conspiracy theories on here, the one that thinks a laptop shop owner is the worlds master forger and psychic.

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 22:39 - Oct 22 with 719 viewsDJack

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 22:24 - Oct 22 by Dr_Parnassus

There is only one person peddling conspiracy theories on here, the one that thinks a laptop shop owner is the worlds master forger and psychic.

Don't worry, your stable genius could still win and all of you can form a jerk-circle and laugh at me.

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 23:05 - Oct 22 with 694 viewsDr_Parnassus

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 22:39 - Oct 22 by DJack

Don't worry, your stable genius could still win and all of you can form a jerk-circle and laugh at me.

No laughing needed, no points stand or fall due to the election results. Corruption is corruption.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024