Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One for AfD...and others 00:21 - Oct 13 with 1912 viewsDJack

At the start of the pandemic you made a lot of noise about Democratic run states being hit hard by Covid 19. Even though it was pointed out that those areas had a high poulation density and were international transport hubs. I myself noted that once it got into rural areas (Republican strongholds) it would burn through them just like it did in New York

The following link shows cases per million timeline since June 1 (goes up th Oct 8th currently).

https://dangoodspeed.com/covid/total-cases-since-june

The main takeaway from this is that the virus cares naught for politics but playing politics with it comes at a cost.

And as you often note, wear a damn mask!

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

One for AfD...and others on 09:18 - Oct 13 with 1854 viewsHighjack

For the record I’ve said from the start it’s idiotic to play politics with this.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

One for AfD...and others on 09:55 - Oct 13 with 1842 viewsCatullus

The idiocy doesn't stop at the playing of politics!

This virus doesn't care what colour, religion or gender you are. It doesn't care if you are left, right or anywhere in between. If it gets to you it will run it's course whatever that may be.

People who think they know better than the medical experts, who think it's a hoax or that the rules needn't applt to them...they are all idiots.

What is also idiotiic is flip flopping between lockdown and open up. The lockdown didn't seem to help and opening up too much did some harm, now we're back where we started, or possibly even worse off.
We need a long term plan, something that we stick to for as long as needed, even a whole year or more. Rules that are enforced. Protection for the vulnerable but more freedom for those least affected and employers need to be instructed to play their part as much as possible with the government picking up the slack regardless of cost.

That's what my idiotic opinion is.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

One for AfD...and others on 10:14 - Oct 13 with 1839 viewsProfessor

One for AfD...and others on 09:55 - Oct 13 by Catullus

The idiocy doesn't stop at the playing of politics!

This virus doesn't care what colour, religion or gender you are. It doesn't care if you are left, right or anywhere in between. If it gets to you it will run it's course whatever that may be.

People who think they know better than the medical experts, who think it's a hoax or that the rules needn't applt to them...they are all idiots.

What is also idiotiic is flip flopping between lockdown and open up. The lockdown didn't seem to help and opening up too much did some harm, now we're back where we started, or possibly even worse off.
We need a long term plan, something that we stick to for as long as needed, even a whole year or more. Rules that are enforced. Protection for the vulnerable but more freedom for those least affected and employers need to be instructed to play their part as much as possible with the government picking up the slack regardless of cost.

That's what my idiotic opinion is.

It's not idiotic.

Though lockdown worked very well, even if it was about 2 weeks late. The virus was suppressed. It's worth noting when restrictions were eased infection rates were four times higher in the NW than London. That tells you that restrictions should have been lifted regionally when appropriate.
One for AfD...and others on 10:22 - Oct 13 with 1837 viewsonehunglow

Morning Paul.

This is why I was so angry with Piers Corbyn and his call for no lockdown,mask or even distance.Its all a conjob to him and his clowns.It's tantamount to facilitating suicide.

We have still not grasped what is happening.

Fo me,life as we knew it is over and we have been too comfortable in our warm bubble where being told not to drink or go out is an attack on civil liberties.

Sometimes,Im glad I have some fascist tendencies

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

One for AfD...and others on 10:57 - Oct 13 with 1827 viewsProfessor

One for AfD...and others on 10:22 - Oct 13 by onehunglow

Morning Paul.

This is why I was so angry with Piers Corbyn and his call for no lockdown,mask or even distance.Its all a conjob to him and his clowns.It's tantamount to facilitating suicide.

We have still not grasped what is happening.

Fo me,life as we knew it is over and we have been too comfortable in our warm bubble where being told not to drink or go out is an attack on civil liberties.

Sometimes,Im glad I have some fascist tendencies

Have to agree.

Hope all is well up in Tier 3. Just been up to West Kirby to take the boy to school. Problem I see is that without transport restriction (like Wales)there is nothing to stop someone getting on a Train at James Street, down to Chester in 40 mins and getting completely bladdered there and stagger back on the 11:30 train. Two way mix. Hearing of lots of cases down here now-and we are fifth of the rate of Liverpool City.
One for AfD...and others on 11:03 - Oct 13 with 1823 viewsonehunglow

Paul.I cant seem to highlight a post so bear with me, Yeah, here is west Wirral we are prepared for the long term.Daughter will be operating on line as her new premise will not be operational for now.Feel for her but she's resilient. Son i a manager in Unilever and working from home and in the process of closing Warrington factory.Tough job.

Wife has to go to St Caths for bone density treatment and not looking forward to it.

Her mum now close to death and she' s down Gt Sutton looking after her.

I'm trying to get better at fingerstyle picking but eems I'd be better off breaking my fingers a they wont go where I wont them to.

stay safe

One for AfD...and others on 12:03 - Oct 13 with 1810 viewsA_Fans_Dad

It is typical of you to post a totally meaningless statistic like COVID cases, which is dependent on testing and the accuracy of the tests.
Why didn't you post a link to the overall Mortality rate which is slightly more important.
You can find it here.
https://dangoodspeed.com/covid/state-by-state-total-deaths-by-date
One for AfD...and others on 12:15 - Oct 13 with 1798 viewsProfessor

One for AfD...and others on 11:03 - Oct 13 by onehunglow

Paul.I cant seem to highlight a post so bear with me, Yeah, here is west Wirral we are prepared for the long term.Daughter will be operating on line as her new premise will not be operational for now.Feel for her but she's resilient. Son i a manager in Unilever and working from home and in the process of closing Warrington factory.Tough job.

Wife has to go to St Caths for bone density treatment and not looking forward to it.

Her mum now close to death and she' s down Gt Sutton looking after her.

I'm trying to get better at fingerstyle picking but eems I'd be better off breaking my fingers a they wont go where I wont them to.

stay safe

Well at least the newer set up at the St Cath's site will allow for distancing that the old hospital did not, but a worry nonetheless. We were there for various assessments for the boy about 18 months back.
Login to get fewer ads

One for AfD...and others on 12:17 - Oct 13 with 1795 viewsonehunglow

I been there myself in March for a BP monitor.

Lot better than the old which I also remember

One for AfD...and others on 22:33 - Oct 13 with 1741 viewsDJack

One for AfD...and others on 12:03 - Oct 13 by A_Fans_Dad

It is typical of you to post a totally meaningless statistic like COVID cases, which is dependent on testing and the accuracy of the tests.
Why didn't you post a link to the overall Mortality rate which is slightly more important.
You can find it here.
https://dangoodspeed.com/covid/state-by-state-total-deaths-by-date

I was commenting on something you said at the start of this pandemic, so I suggest you look in the mirror.

Secondly, although you have a point you've not taken into consideration that many states were hit early on and since then the virus has become a little less fatal and we have a number of measures to improve peoples chances.

Last of all, my point was about not playing politics (which you did) as the virus doesn't give a shit.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

One for AfD...and others on 22:41 - Oct 13 with 1731 viewsKerouac

Do you know who is playing politics with this?
Nancy Pelosi.

https://www.ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs/news/2020/10/10/nancy-pelosi-dismisses-whit
[Post edited 13 Oct 2020 22:44]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

One for AfD...and others on 22:54 - Oct 13 with 1713 viewsDJack

One for AfD...and others on 22:41 - Oct 13 by Kerouac

Do you know who is playing politics with this?
Nancy Pelosi.

https://www.ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs/news/2020/10/10/nancy-pelosi-dismisses-whit
[Post edited 13 Oct 2020 22:44]

Because there was little money for those that actually need it... a little bit like the last one.

One for AfD...and others on 23:09 - Oct 13 with 1705 viewsKerouac

One for AfD...and others on 22:54 - Oct 13 by DJack

Because there was little money for those that actually need it... a little bit like the last one.

There are plenty of Democrats who are p*ssed off with this.
Wolf Blitzer on CNN (I'm sure you trust that news source right? ) just reeled through a list of names of prominent Democrats who can't believe what they have just done.

They are holding a gun to Trump's head and saying 'give us exactly what we want or nobody gets any help'.
If that isn't playing politics with Covid please tell me what is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

One for AfD...and others on 14:14 - Oct 14 with 1661 viewsA_Fans_Dad

One for AfD...and others on 22:33 - Oct 13 by DJack

I was commenting on something you said at the start of this pandemic, so I suggest you look in the mirror.

Secondly, although you have a point you've not taken into consideration that many states were hit early on and since then the virus has become a little less fatal and we have a number of measures to improve peoples chances.

Last of all, my point was about not playing politics (which you did) as the virus doesn't give a shit.

Oh, I agree completely that the Virus doesn't play politics.
But the Politicians have been and still are playing politics with the virus.
Originally telling people to go to Cinemas, pubs, clubs and mardi gras type celebrations and hug a chinese person, sending COVID positive patients to care homes, not controlling travel from very badly hit areas, telling the President to piss off we control our States and then complaining the the President didn't handle COVID properly.
But you don't want to know about all that, which was well documented at the time, you just want to score points.

Perhaps you can find the remark I made and link to it so that I can see how it fit in with what was being said at the time?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024