Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Michael Hector on Loan? 16:51 - Oct 13 with 14780 viewsMaggsinho

Michael Hector on Loan? on 22:17 - Oct 13 with 3246 viewsHunterhoop

Michael Hector on Loan? on 19:58 - Oct 13 by WadR

He was great for Fulham last year and Wednesday the one before. He was decisive in Fulham's improvement in the second half of the season. Would be fantastic loan signing.

Confused where it leaves Dickie though, who I thought has been good so far. Unless Warbs wants to play 3 CBs? Or, as mentioned before, Barbet out to LB?

Or he believes that Barbet may not be good enough for a side aiming to be top half in the Championship.

His pass completion stats, especially diagonals, has been routinely shown this year to be worse than Dickie’s...and defensively he has looked far shakier.

I’m open to seeing him at LB. I think he might be better there than Wallace.

But if we’re trying to sign another centre half it is not to replace Dickie or a sub.
Michael Hector on Loan? on 23:04 - Oct 13 with 3116 viewsBrixtonR

Michael Hector on Loan? on 17:23 - Oct 13 by bosh67

Interesting move.

Only thing I could find on him. Assuming it's the same Hector?

Used to love this when I was 2 or 3, I have to say I always felt at that time it had huge influences from Kafka with Pinteresque connotations and wry sexual overtones.

Well either that or my rusks were off.
Michael Hector on Loan? on 23:29 - Oct 13 with 3069 viewsdaveB

Michael Hector on Loan? on 21:54 - Oct 13 by FrankRightguard

Surely better for Masterson to get out and play thirty games for someone rather than be cover for Dickie and Barbet?

Possibly for him but for us with money tight spending money on a loan when we already have a centre half as back up seems a bit mad. Not against them doing this at all but I don't see a huge long term benefit
Michael Hector on Loan? on 23:35 - Oct 13 with 3059 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Michael Hector on Loan? on 23:04 - Oct 13 by BrixtonR

Used to love this when I was 2 or 3, I have to say I always felt at that time it had huge influences from Kafka with Pinteresque connotations and wry sexual overtones.

Well either that or my rusks were off.

Kiki was some nosy ba$tard though wasn't she.
Michael Hector on Loan? on 00:22 - Oct 14 with 2978 viewsBrixtonR

Michael Hector on Loan? on 23:35 - Oct 13 by CroydonCaptJack

Kiki was some nosy ba$tard though wasn't she.

Michael Hector on Loan? on 09:55 - Oct 14 with 2721 viewsMick_S

I love a good peep.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Michael Hector on Loan? on 10:08 - Oct 14 with 2664 viewsBklynRanger

I don't understand how either of these linked players' wages, Flint but especially Hector, would fit into our structure?

Shirley we'd be asking their respective clubs to pay a larger part of their salaries than other more spendy competitors would?
Michael Hector on Loan? on 10:37 - Oct 14 with 2591 viewsDieByYourSide

Echo the thoughts of others that I've no idea how we'd be affording him but would love to have him.

Perhaps our wage ceiling extends a little higher than we thought? Say we've offered Bright/Manning in the region of £12k a week, perhaps we can stretch to £15k for Hector as it's less than a one-year commitment then chuck a decent loan fee Fulham's way and it could be tempting for them.

Poll: And it's hi ho

Login to get fewer ads

Michael Hector on Loan? on 11:05 - Oct 14 with 2537 viewsWadR

Michael Hector on Loan? on 22:17 - Oct 13 by Hunterhoop

Or he believes that Barbet may not be good enough for a side aiming to be top half in the Championship.

His pass completion stats, especially diagonals, has been routinely shown this year to be worse than Dickie’s...and defensively he has looked far shakier.

I’m open to seeing him at LB. I think he might be better there than Wallace.

But if we’re trying to sign another centre half it is not to replace Dickie or a sub.

It's interesting that WLS article mentions that we are looking for a left-sided centre back.

I agree with you, I think Barbet is a bit too weak and error prone to be a regular starter for a top half club. I just thought he was so much Warbs' man - captain for the BCD games last season, talked up the importance of a left footed CB etc. - that I assumed it would be Dickie to drop out.
Michael Hector on Loan? on 11:09 - Oct 14 with 2525 viewsNorthernr

Michael Hector on Loan? on 11:05 - Oct 14 by WadR

It's interesting that WLS article mentions that we are looking for a left-sided centre back.

I agree with you, I think Barbet is a bit too weak and error prone to be a regular starter for a top half club. I just thought he was so much Warbs' man - captain for the BCD games last season, talked up the importance of a left footed CB etc. - that I assumed it would be Dickie to drop out.

I think we'd see the back three and wing backs return more often than not if this were to happen. Would also allow Bonne and Dykes to both start. Did something similar this time last year when they were trying to get Hugill and Wells in the team at the same time.
Michael Hector on Loan? on 11:25 - Oct 14 with 2461 viewsRBlock

Michael Hector on Loan? on 11:09 - Oct 14 by Northernr

I think we'd see the back three and wing backs return more often than not if this were to happen. Would also allow Bonne and Dykes to both start. Did something similar this time last year when they were trying to get Hugill and Wells in the team at the same time.

Don't know how it works with our rack'em and stac'em approach for forwards, cramming Adomah, Willock, Chair, Bright, Thomas, up there as well. It does seem that we've set fire to our frugality of the last few years, the amount we're splashing out this summer.
Michael Hector on Loan? on 11:47 - Oct 14 with 2375 viewsWadR

Not disagreeing, and think it suits majority of of our squad but where does this leave Bright?

I know he's played up front a little but, he's clearly our best attacking player and is considerably more dangerous on the wing than played centrally.

Or, are they anticipating he might go before the window closes?

And as RBlock says, we have Willock, Thomas and Adomah who don't really fit in with Was formation.
Michael Hector on Loan? on 11:56 - Oct 14 with 2337 viewsdannyblue

Or 343
Michael Hector on Loan? on 12:34 - Oct 14 with 2191 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Michael Hector on Loan? on 11:25 - Oct 14 by RBlock

Don't know how it works with our rack'em and stac'em approach for forwards, cramming Adomah, Willock, Chair, Bright, Thomas, up there as well. It does seem that we've set fire to our frugality of the last few years, the amount we're splashing out this summer.

Not sure that's quite fair mate. There have been some expensive outgoings.
Michael Hector on Loan? on 12:50 - Oct 14 with 2138 viewsRBlock

Michael Hector on Loan? on 12:34 - Oct 14 by CroydonCaptJack

Not sure that's quite fair mate. There have been some expensive outgoings.

Don't get me wrong, I don't believe Ferdinand and Hoos would sign off on a host of incomings that would decimate our finances, as per previous regimes. I have full faith in what they're doing, and I think Warburton is the manager to back.

That being said, I am just suprised by the extent of our business this window (can't really call it summer anymore, can we). Still talk of a CB, potentially a LB and defensive midfielder. It seems a bit excessive. There have been expensive outgoings, but I was expecting a window of further cost-cutting, rather than heavily investing (fees/wages in total - not suggesting we've broken the bank with any individual signing) in a host of replacements.
Michael Hector on Loan? on 12:51 - Oct 14 with 2129 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Michael Hector on Loan? on 12:50 - Oct 14 by RBlock

Don't get me wrong, I don't believe Ferdinand and Hoos would sign off on a host of incomings that would decimate our finances, as per previous regimes. I have full faith in what they're doing, and I think Warburton is the manager to back.

That being said, I am just suprised by the extent of our business this window (can't really call it summer anymore, can we). Still talk of a CB, potentially a LB and defensive midfielder. It seems a bit excessive. There have been expensive outgoings, but I was expecting a window of further cost-cutting, rather than heavily investing (fees/wages in total - not suggesting we've broken the bank with any individual signing) in a host of replacements.

Yes, I am a little surprised at the number of signings. It is almost like we feel we have an outside chance isn't it.
Michael Hector on Loan? on 12:53 - Oct 14 with 2114 viewsMick_S

Michael Hector on Loan? on 12:51 - Oct 14 by CroydonCaptJack

Yes, I am a little surprised at the number of signings. It is almost like we feel we have an outside chance isn't it.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Michael Hector on Loan? on 12:59 - Oct 14 with 2069 viewsMyke

Wing back would suit Kakay/Kane, but not Wallace
Michael Hector on Loan? on 13:30 - Oct 14 with 1950 viewsBklynRanger

Warbs Warbleton is very vocal about the upcoming fixture congestion so it's just as likely (imho) that he wants the right kind of bodies in to ensure decent cover. Without necessarily going to a different formation though that would be a nice option obviously.
Michael Hector on Loan? on 13:37 - Oct 14 with 1910 viewsdannyblue

Michael Hector on Loan? on 12:51 - Oct 14 by CroydonCaptJack

I think last Christmas when they were bidding for Scott McKenna and saying things like 'we've done our cost cutting and will be in a competitive position when others realise they have to do theirs' indicated moves like this weren't unexpected. Add a bit of Eze cash, subtract a bit of covid income reduction, and I'm not surprised by the outlay at all.
Michael Hector on Loan? on 13:47 - Oct 14 with 1870 viewsdaveB

Michael Hector on Loan? on 11:47 - Oct 14 by WadR

Not disagreeing, and think it suits majority of of our squad but where does this leave Bright?

I know he's played up front a little but, he's clearly our best attacking player and is considerably more dangerous on the wing than played centrally.

Or, are they anticipating he might go before the window closes?

And as RBlock says, we have Willock, Thomas and Adomah who don't really fit in with Was formation.

I guess it would be 3-4-3 similar to what England did the other day otherwise it does seem odd to buy 2 wingers last week on top of the ones we have and then not play any
Michael Hector on Loan? on 13:49 - Oct 14 with 1856 viewsrsonist

Thought a wingback direction made sense when Bright looked definitely out but since that changed and Adomah and Willock came in I don't know now.

Formations should always be somewhat moot ideally in fairness - we could play a back three that becomes a four with a DM dropping in for instance - but you have to earn the right to be ambitiously fancy and mitigate the risk you take on through hard coaching.

No use giving ourselves options and adding complexity just to end up blaming Willock for not tracking back in the middle of an omnishambles like we did Manning.
Michael Hector on Loan? on 13:59 - Oct 14 with 1804 viewsPinnerPaul

Michael Hector on Loan? on 11:25 - Oct 14 by RBlock

Eze income?
Michael Hector on Loan? on 14:03 - Oct 14 with 1765 viewsrsonist

Michael Hector on Loan? on 13:37 - Oct 14 by dannyblue

I think last Christmas when they were bidding for Scott McKenna and saying things like 'we've done our cost cutting and will be in a competitive position when others realise they have to do theirs' indicated moves like this weren't unexpected. Add a bit of Eze cash, subtract a bit of covid income reduction, and I'm not surprised by the outlay at all.

We also did a fair bit of squad culling in January in preparation for this. But Covid income subtraction is definitely more than a bit. MW had a grave face on as recently as the Middlesbrough game.

The Eze fee is piecemeal, though presumably our buys will have been too.

I couldn't get my head around the McKenna bid at all either to be fair. As you say, maybe there's been some degree of smokescreen all along. My instinct is still that we've pushed the boat out a little, albeit without going too far into dangerous waters.
Michael Hector on Loan? on 14:19 - Oct 14 with 1714 viewsRBlock

Michael Hector on Loan? on 13:59 - Oct 14 by PinnerPaul

Eze income?

I'd expected the majority of that to have gone on Dykes/ in the bank covering FFP and mitigating COVID losses. I didn't anticipate us investing as much of it as we have done.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024