Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Michael Hector on Loan? 16:51 - Oct 13 with 14782 viewsMaggsinho

Michael Hector on Loan? on 14:48 - Oct 14 with 4436 viewsdannyblue

Michael Hector on Loan? on 14:03 - Oct 14 by rsonist

We also did a fair bit of squad culling in January in preparation for this. But Covid income subtraction is definitely more than a bit. MW had a grave face on as recently as the Middlesbrough game.

The Eze fee is piecemeal, though presumably our buys will have been too.

I couldn't get my head around the McKenna bid at all either to be fair. As you say, maybe there's been some degree of smokescreen all along. My instinct is still that we've pushed the boat out a little, albeit without going too far into dangerous waters.

I estimated summer 2019 that we had raised over £4m in fees and more significantly saved about £100k per week in wages. And then in Jan add Scowen and Wells departures (although Clarke came in) to take that even further.

While we've spent some fees this summer, I expect all the incoming wages are low considering they're from Scotland / League One / out of contract / unfancied / desperate to play for the club. Willock is the only one that might not be. Quite possibly all these wages would be covered by the departure of Hall Leistner Pugh Rangel and Hugill.

So even if we take the most expensive reports for the incoming fees, we're still net £9-10m up on fees, and perhaps neutral on wages compared to the end of last season.

Of course it's all still loss making, and worse as match day income has disappeared, but well within FFP. But if the owners are happy with their monthly cheques I could easily imagine us spending another £1-2m of fees and £10-20k of wages, and we'd still be a much tighter ship than we were two years ago.
[Post edited 15 Oct 2020 9:27]
Michael Hector on Loan? on 22:53 - Oct 14 with 4077 viewsHunterhoop

Michael Hector on Loan? on 12:51 - Oct 14 by CroydonCaptJack

Yes, I am a little surprised at the number of signings. It is almost like we feel we have an outside chance isn't it.

It does, doesn’t it. Somehow smuggle a win out of Bournemouth and I’ll become a tiny bit excited about this stupid season. And I’ll be drunk in my own home. That too.
Michael Hector on Loan? on 12:26 - Oct 15 with 3794 viewsNorthernr

Michael Hector on Loan? on 22:53 - Oct 14 by Hunterhoop

It does, doesn’t it. Somehow smuggle a win out of Bournemouth and I’ll become a tiny bit excited about this stupid season. And I’ll be drunk in my own home. That too.

We'll lose at Bournemouth, everybody will lose their sht again, then quitely do pretty well in the following few games.
Michael Hector on Loan? on 12:28 - Oct 15 with 3781 viewsHunterhoop

Michael Hector on Loan? on 12:26 - Oct 15 by Northernr

We'll lose at Bournemouth, everybody will lose their sht again, then quitely do pretty well in the following few games.

That’s too obvious, Clive, surely?
Michael Hector on Loan? on 12:42 - Oct 15 with 3722 viewsDieByYourSide

This one seems to have gone quiet, then?

Poll: And it's hi ho

Michael Hector on Loan? on 13:15 - Oct 15 with 3618 viewsPinnerPaul

Michael Hector on Loan? on 14:19 - Oct 14 by RBlock

I'd expected the majority of that to have gone on Dykes/ in the bank covering FFP and mitigating COVID losses. I didn't anticipate us investing as much of it as we have done.

Fair enough. Hoos did say that we're looking at a £5M net loss re covid.

That exclude the Eze income obviously.
Michael Hector on Loan? on 14:18 - Oct 15 with 3372 viewsWokingR

So you're saying it's a "Must Win" game then ?
Michael Hector on Loan? on 15:05 - Oct 15 with 3219 viewsbosh67

Or we'll win at Bournemouth, raise our expectations to Champions League winners level by November, and then lose the next two matches and want Warburton sacked and all the players sold.

It's so difficult to fully predict the QPR wonder disaster rollercoaster.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Login to get fewer ads

Michael Hector on Loan? on 10:53 - Oct 16 with 2838 viewsGloryHunter

Quitely. Is that the opposite of bigly?
Michael Hector on Loan? on 11:09 - Oct 16 with 2776 viewsDorse

Michael Hector on Loan? on 10:53 - Oct 16 by GloryHunter

Quitely. Is that the opposite of bigly?

Absolutely. In the same way as 'gruntled' and 'chalent'.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Michael Hector on Loan? on 14:59 - Oct 16 with 2435 viewsFulhamFreds

One of the new centre-backs injured in training yesterday - so Hector probably staying put for now.
Michael Hector on Loan? on 15:02 - Oct 16 with 2404 views100percent

Michael Hector on Loan? on 14:59 - Oct 16 by FulhamFreds

One of the new centre-backs injured in training yesterday - so Hector probably staying put for now.

I thought you were waiting on the signing of Kongolo from Hudds? Has that happened yet??
Michael Hector on Loan? on 15:10 - Oct 16 with 2354 viewsTheChef

Michael Hector on Loan? on 15:05 - Oct 15 by bosh67

Or we'll win at Bournemouth, raise our expectations to Champions League winners level by November, and then lose the next two matches and want Warburton sacked and all the players sold.

It's so difficult to fully predict the QPR wonder disaster rollercoaster.

People expect us to win at Bournemouth??

But yes that scenario is much more QPR.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Michael Hector on Loan? on 15:12 - Oct 16 with 2334 viewsNorthantsHoop

Hope we don't loan Masterson out, we need to keep him within the team set up this season.
Michael Hector on Loan? on 15:12 - Oct 16 with 2332 viewsdannyblue

Michael Hector on Loan? on 11:09 - Oct 16 by Dorse

Absolutely. In the same way as 'gruntled' and 'chalent'.

you're so couth
Michael Hector on Loan? on 15:38 - Oct 16 with 2154 viewsRBlock

Flint on loan at Sheffield. Dave Mc doesn't think there are any more incomings, so it sounds like Masterson will be staying as our CB cover.
Michael Hector on Loan? on 16:08 - Oct 16 with 2007 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Michael Hector on Loan? on 15:38 - Oct 16 by RBlock

Flint on loan at Sheffield. Dave Mc doesn't think there are any more incomings, so it sounds like Masterson will be staying as our CB cover.

Probably good news for him and potentially us if he can step up with the extra experience.
Michael Hector on Loan? on 16:11 - Oct 16 with 1988 viewsfrancisbowles

Michael Hector on Loan? on 16:08 - Oct 16 by CroydonCaptJack

Probably good news for him and potentially us if he can step up with the extra experience.

Hopefully, we can rotate a bit and get him some serious game time or go with 3 at the back and he can fight it out with Kakay for the right.
Michael Hector on Loan? on 18:27 - Oct 16 with 1759 viewsbosh67

Happy for Masterson to stay. Really good young player and because of the fixture list I am sure he will get games.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Michael Hector on Loan? on 18:28 - Oct 16 with 1751 viewsBklynRanger

Michael Hector on Loan? on 18:27 - Oct 16 by bosh67

Happy for Masterson to stay. Really good young player and because of the fixture list I am sure he will get games.

Agrred. Wouldn't be a total shock if Barbet is the back-up a few months from now.
Michael Hector on Loan? on 18:44 - Oct 16 with 1694 viewsFulhamFreds

Michael Hector on Loan? on 15:02 - Oct 16 by 100percent

I thought you were waiting on the signing of Kongolo from Hudds? Has that happened yet??

Not confirmed yet - problems apparently.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024