Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
As it stands, the swans do great business on deadline day 17:40 - Oct 16 with 2606 viewsSwansIndependent

As it stands, the swans do great business on deadline day 16th Oct 2020 17:36
Ryan Bennett from Wolves, Joel Latibeaudiere from Manchester City, Ryan Manning from QPR all on permanent deals. Loan deal for Kasey Palmer from Bristol City with a January call back clause. Joe Rodon joins Spurs as expected, again subject to a deal sheet. Time will tell how this will affect the swans promotion campaign but it’s been one of the busiest ever transfer deadline days. Throw in to the mix Fabio Borini as a free agent could also join. And the day has been anything but boring. 0

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
As it stands, the swans do great business on deadline day on 17:48 - Oct 16 with 1695 viewstrampie

Ayew and Grimes staying is a positive, Bennett is a good player as regards a replacement for Rodon, we are a bit light in the goalscoring department, Cullen still here and should get more game time this season.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

As it stands, the swans do great business on deadline day on 17:52 - Oct 16 with 1652 viewsraynor94

As it stands, the swans do great business on deadline day on 17:48 - Oct 16 by trampie

Ayew and Grimes staying is a positive, Bennett is a good player as regards a replacement for Rodon, we are a bit light in the goalscoring department, Cullen still here and should get more game time this season.

That's why we signed Gyokeres from Brighton on loan to lead the line

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

As it stands, the swans do great business on deadline day on 17:53 - Oct 16 with 1643 viewstrampie

As it stands, the swans do great business on deadline day on 17:52 - Oct 16 by raynor94

Yes exactly.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

As it stands, the swans do great business on deadline day on 17:59 - Oct 16 with 1599 viewsWhiterockin

Rodon was always going, just glad we didn't lose anyone else. Players coming in will give us good options when we are playing two matches a week from next week.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

As it stands, the swans do great business on deadline day on 17:59 - Oct 16 with 1599 viewsHighjack

As it stands, the swans do great business on deadline day on 17:52 - Oct 16 by raynor94

I’d forgotten all about him.

I think we’ve done well to boost the numbers, I hope Joel Latibe... latabrere... Latibure... the Man City kid can live up to his potential. He has been playing right wing back out in Holland recently too so he’s got versatility. Got good competition for left back too with Bernard Manning arriving. I have been very critical of Bidwell in the past because he was genuinely bloody useless for a long time but he’s been great with the change of system. Bennett will provide much needed experience to the defence, he was playing for Leicester recently and we know how good they are.

All in all a good transfer window, just hope the add ons for Rodon are worth it.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

As it stands, the swans do great business on deadline day on 18:03 - Oct 16 with 1548 viewsmahoss

Yeah......

It’s not been a bad window I suppose.
It could have been so much better though, the fee we have got for Rodon is a joke.
We also needed much more up front In my opinion.
No money been spent again and 15 mill coming in.........
Same old story.
As it stands, the swans do great business on deadline day on 18:07 - Oct 16 with 1529 viewsPrivate_Partz

We seem to have given it our best shot this time.
I doubt we could have asked for more in the current climate.
If it carries on like this I might start buying merchandise again :-)
[Post edited 16 Oct 2020 18:45]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

As it stands, the swans do great business on deadline day on 18:11 - Oct 16 with 1505 views34dfgdf54

He has been backed, despite the appalling fee for Rodon.

Looking forward to seeing Bennett and if this Manning lad from QPR seem to be good signings, not sure about Letibeaudiere, I think he's coming in as a right back personally.

Palmer I just can't see, no need for him at all and with Bristol having a recall option in January makes it even more odd. Not sure Gyokeres is an upgrade on Cullen either but I suppose we need numbers as we are short up there.
Login to get fewer ads

As it stands, the swans do great business on deadline day on 18:18 - Oct 16 with 1450 viewstrampie

I think automatic promotion has to be the aim.

As it stands, the swans do great business on deadline day on 18:21 - Oct 16 with 1429 viewsonehunglow

It’s not as good as some think ,in my opinion. We need a striker worthy of the name,someone to get excited about.We seem to have brought in defensive players when our defence has been fine.

I would rather have binned Woodman and got a keeper who can truly command his defence .

Still,prove me wrong lads

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

As it stands, the swans do great business on deadline day on 18:23 - Oct 16 with 1415 viewsjacktar

As it stands, the swans do great business on deadline day on 18:03 - Oct 16 by mahoss

Yeah......

It’s not been a bad window I suppose.
It could have been so much better though, the fee we have got for Rodon is a joke.
We also needed much more up front In my opinion.
No money been spent again and 15 mill coming in.........
Same old story.

"No money spent?"
We've increased the size of the squad by a fair bit. Don't you think these players have to be paid? The sale of Rodon will keep the club afloat for the remainder of the season. Don't forget we still have to pay Ayew's wages.
Overall I don't think it's been a bad window, with cover in just about all areas.
I'm optimistic and looking forward to staying near the top of the table for the season.

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

As it stands, the swans do great business on deadline day (n/t) on 18:23 - Oct 16 with 1414 views34dfgdf54

As it stands, the swans do great business on deadline day on 18:18 - Oct 16 by trampie

I think automatic promotion has to be the aim.

Don't see that personally, not enough goals in team.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2020 18:24]
As it stands, the swans do great business on deadline day on 18:23 - Oct 16 with 1410 viewsWhiterockin

As it stands, the swans do great business on deadline day on 18:21 - Oct 16 by onehunglow

It’s not as good as some think ,in my opinion. We need a striker worthy of the name,someone to get excited about.We seem to have brought in defensive players when our defence has been fine.

I would rather have binned Woodman and got a keeper who can truly command his defence .

We seem to have brought in defensive players when our defence has been fine.

Our best defender has gone.

As it stands, the swans do great business on deadline day on 18:23 - Oct 16 with 1406 viewsHighjack

As it stands, the swans do great business on deadline day on 18:21 - Oct 16 by onehunglow

Woodman hasn’t conceded a single league goal yet...

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

As it stands, the swans do great business on deadline day on 18:26 - Oct 16 with 1379 viewsPrivate_Partz

Well we have 3, possible four, up front now.
Rodon has gone so we needed another CB and as we are playing three of them we need an extra one so we have cover and can rotate.
Of course the window could have been better but with the Country up sh!ts creek I am not sure we could have done much better.
Time will tell :-)

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

As it stands, the swans do great business on deadline day on 18:30 - Oct 16 with 1327 viewsonehunglow

Four up front. .? That s a relief. Although I don’t see any striker mentioned apart from Borini,who really would set us up.Maybe it s to come and if it does then it Will have been a good window.

As it stands, the swans do great business on deadline day on 18:32 - Oct 16 with 1307 viewsjasper_T

As it stands, the swans do great business on deadline day on 18:23 - Oct 16 by jacktar

"No money spent?"
We've increased the size of the squad by a fair bit. Don't you think these players have to be paid? The sale of Rodon will keep the club afloat for the remainder of the season. Don't forget we still have to pay Ayew's wages.
Overall I don't think it's been a bad window, with cover in just about all areas.
I'm optimistic and looking forward to staying near the top of the table for the season.

We've added a lot of players, almost all of whom will definitely be on more than Joe was.

Won't see much change out of the Rodon fee when all is said and done.
As it stands, the swans do great business on deadline day on 18:32 - Oct 16 with 1310 viewsWhiterockin

As it stands, the swans do great business on deadline day on 18:30 - Oct 16 by onehunglow

Four up front. .? That s a relief. Although I don’t see any striker mentioned apart from Borini,who really would set us up.Maybe it s to come and if it does then it Will have been a good window.

Gyokeres

As it stands, the swans do great business on deadline day on 18:33 - Oct 16 with 1299 viewsThornburyswan

So Is Manning confirmed or did that one slide?
As it stands, the swans do great business on deadline day on 18:38 - Oct 16 with 1262 viewsonehunglow

That our defence has been fine has been down to Rodon mainly.

Woodman has much to learn and needs to put a stone on at least.

As it stands, the swans do great business on deadline day on 18:40 - Oct 16 with 1242 viewsHighjack

As it stands, the swans do great business on deadline day on 18:38 - Oct 16 by onehunglow

That our defence has been fine has been down to Rodon mainly.

Woodman has much to learn and needs to put a stone on at least.

Yes being fatter will help his agility no end.

As it stands, the swans do great business on deadline day (n/t) on 18:41 - Oct 16 with 1242 viewstrampie

As it stands, the swans do great business on deadline day (n/t) on 18:23 - Oct 16 by 34dfgdf54

Don't see that personally, not enough goals in team.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2020 18:24]

Gyokeres (or whatever his name is) has a good CV for goals so I'm hoping he can score, Ayew to score 10-15 goals, Lowe and Gibbs White to chip in and keep the opposite out at the other end.
If Gyokeres does not come off then we might well come up short because of a lack of goals (if not perhaps Cullen will get a chance and let's hope he can score) but with a solid defence and the likes of Smith and Palmer in front of them and Grimes keeping possession of the ball then perhaps we can continue to keep the opposition out so one goal might win us quite a few games, all to be seen I suppose.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2020 18:41]

As it stands, the swans do great business on deadline day on 18:44 - Oct 16 with 1211 viewsonehunglow

High. He is a professional footballer with access to the very best Gym facilities. My daughter has her own fitness business and trains some pros privately. Many are sent to put on weight in the form of muscle. Woodman ,I’m telling you,is frail.and can beef up.He can still be agile and that is also something that he can work on with proper guidance.

Thanks

As it stands, the swans do great business on deadline day (n/t) on 18:48 - Oct 16 with 1172 viewsJoe_bradshaw

As it stands, the swans do great business on deadline day (n/t) on 18:41 - Oct 16 by trampie

Gyokeres (or whatever his name is) has a good CV for goals so I'm hoping he can score, Ayew to score 10-15 goals, Lowe and Gibbs White to chip in and keep the opposite out at the other end.
If Gyokeres does not come off then we might well come up short because of a lack of goals (if not perhaps Cullen will get a chance and let's hope he can score) but with a solid defence and the likes of Smith and Palmer in front of them and Grimes keeping possession of the ball then perhaps we can continue to keep the opposition out so one goal might win us quite a few games, all to be seen I suppose.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2020 18:41]

Good analysis of the situation there Trampie.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

As it stands, the swans do great business on deadline day on 18:51 - Oct 16 with 1154 viewsmahoss

As it stands, the swans do great business on deadline day on 18:23 - Oct 16 by jacktar

"No money spent?"

I’m not having a go in the current climate.
It just seems we always do this.......just come up a little short.
We did it in the Prem and got away with it for so long.
We,ve done it the last 2 seasons......and come up a little short when it was there for the taking.
Just my opinion.
The Swansea way, graveyard and all that !
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024