Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Poppy Outrage Thread 09:41 - Nov 1 with 7722 viewsNeath_Jack

It's that time of year again.

Post all your rage in here, some annual examples:

A local Muslim owned shop has refused to serve anyone wearing one.

James McLean.

Such and such politician has appeared on TV whilst not wearing one.

Someone wearing a white poppy.

Someone wearing a poppy that isn't orientated at the correct angle.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Poppy Outrage Thread on 09:48 - Nov 1 with 3230 viewsLohengrin

Wrong board. The lefties all migrated thataway...

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Poppy Outrage Thread on 09:50 - Nov 1 with 3228 viewsonehunglow

Will McClean wear a poppy shirt this season

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Poppy Outrage Thread on 09:53 - Nov 1 with 3216 viewsNeath_Jack

Poppy Outrage Thread on 09:48 - Nov 1 by Lohengrin

Wrong board. The lefties all migrated thataway...

Did they?

Great, now back to this years poppy outrage...

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Poppy Outrage Thread on 09:55 - Nov 1 with 3213 viewsraynor94

Fair play, Top Trolling

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Poppy Outrage Thread on 09:57 - Nov 1 with 3208 viewsNeath_Jack

Anyway, we're off and running.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2020/oct/31/remembrance-poppies-drawn-into-bbc

Poppy Outrage Thread on 09:58 - Nov 1 with 3205 viewsYrAlarch

Someone wearing last year's Poppy
Poppy Outrage Thread on 10:11 - Nov 1 with 3187 viewsLohengrin

Poppy Outrage Thread on 09:53 - Nov 1 by Neath_Jack

Did they?

You’re a Ferry boy, aren’t you? There are a hundred and seventeen names on the Briton Ferry memorial honouring those killed in action, most if not all of them much younger than you are now.

Is that a source of amusement to you or something?

Poppy Outrage Thread on 10:20 - Nov 1 with 3179 viewsonehunglow

Every year,their sacrifice diminishes. What happened to white poppies?

The like of McClean should not be allowed to wear a shirt like that

Login to get fewer ads

Poppy Outrage Thread on 10:24 - Nov 1 with 3173 viewsNeath_Jack

Poppy Outrage Thread on 10:11 - Nov 1 by Lohengrin

You’re a Ferry boy, aren’t you? There are a hundred and seventeen names on the Briton Ferry memorial honouring those killed in action, most if not all of them much younger than you are now.

Is that a source of amusement to you or something?

What are you on about?

I've cleaned up down that cenotaph more times than i can remember, I've attended every Remembrance Parade that I've been home for.

My source of amusement is the never ending threads of false outrage every year. Is that okay with you?

Poppy Outrage Thread on 10:38 - Nov 1 with 3154 viewsLohengrin

Poppy Outrage Thread on 10:24 - Nov 1 by Neath_Jack

What are you on about?

I've cleaned up down that cenotaph more times than i can remember, I've attended every Remembrance Parade that I've been home for.

My source of amusement is the never ending threads of false outrage every year. Is that okay with you?

If that was true you’d know it’s not a cenotaph for starters.

Take it over on the other board.

Poppy Outrage Thread on 10:41 - Nov 1 with 3145 viewsonehunglow

You post was poorly drafted NJ and it was easy to be taken not in the way you intended.
Sometimes,you have to admit you're wrong,like all of us.

There is nothing at all amusing or faux outrage over the likes of McClean refusing to wear a poppy even though he will take the knee for Black Live Matter.

Poppy Outrage Thread on 10:50 - Nov 1 with 3133 viewsbuilthjack

Poppy Outrage Thread on 10:41 - Nov 1 by onehunglow

You post was poorly drafted NJ and it was easy to be taken not in the way you intended.

There is nothing at all amusing or faux outrage over the likes of McClean refusing to wear a poppy even though he will take the knee for Black Live Matter.

I cant swear on here. But as far as Mclean is concerned i would swear every time.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Poppy Outrage Thread on 10:53 - Nov 1 with 3126 viewsCatullus

Wear a poppy or don't, make a contribution or don't, it's personal choice.

My choice is to buy a red poppy, it normally falls off and I don't usually replace it but at the 1th hour I stand silently out of respect for those who served whether they died or survived. I remember my grandad and I say thank you for the life I ws able to lead because of the sacrifices of millions of men and women, of all colours, creeds and religions, all across the world.

The poppy is the rememberance of sacrifice, it's meant to unite us in saying thank you, this thread seems the antithesis of that.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Poppy Outrage Thread on 10:55 - Nov 1 with 3126 viewsBoundy

Poppy Outrage Thread on 10:24 - Nov 1 by Neath_Jack

What are you on about?

You'r amused by the endless threads on the is subject so you decided to start this one , clever

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Poppy Outrage Thread on 10:57 - Nov 1 with 3122 viewsNeath_Jack

Poppy Outrage Thread on 10:38 - Nov 1 by Lohengrin

If that was true you’d know it’s not a cenotaph for starters.

Take it over on the other board.

Isn't now then, who made you chief of what that is called to local people. Forget what the correct definition is of it, it is our Cenotaph, always has been, always will be.

One of our local veterans set up a group on facebook to look after the upkeep of it, do you know what the group is called...

I've probably slept there on that site more than you have visited it.

You of all people should know what the military means to me.

Poppy Outrage Thread on 10:57 - Nov 1 with 3120 viewsNeath_Jack

Poppy Outrage Thread on 10:55 - Nov 1 by Boundy

You'r amused by the endless threads on the is subject so you decided to start this one , clever

Think now squire, endless threads can all be put into one thread.

Get it now?

Have another go.

Poppy Outrage Thread on 11:01 - Nov 1 with 3111 viewsBoundy

Poppy Outrage Thread on 10:57 - Nov 1 by Neath_Jack

Think now squire, endless threads can all be put into one thread.

Get it now?

Have another go.

Sunshine how about finding the last one you were amused by . I'm sure there must many you could choose from . Geddit

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Poppy Outrage Thread on 11:01 - Nov 1 with 3110 viewsNeath_Jack

Poppy Outrage Thread on 10:41 - Nov 1 by onehunglow

No it wasn't, there was no making fun of the poppy or what it stands for. Couldn't be further from the truth.

You do realise those brave men died for the likes of Mclean to chose whether to wear one or not don't you? I've got zero time for the bloke, but if he wants to wear one or not, who am I to tell him he is wrong?

You've been bumping your gums in other threads about having the right to vote for who you want. But you don't like Mclean choosing not to wear a poppy.

Poppy Outrage Thread on 11:04 - Nov 1 with 3106 viewsonehunglow

No we dont like a man who supported IRA cause spouting bile about British servicmen,some of whom post here

Poppy Outrage Thread on 11:17 - Nov 1 with 3089 viewsKeithHaynes

Tomorrow this we site will carry a red poppy.
A reminder too that thousands of southern Irishmen including my own family members gave the ultimate sacrifice defeating the real nazis. Not made up ones we hear about today. Myself, brother, daughters, son in laws father, grandfather all served proudly in the British armed forces. If it’s a subject you find annoying or agitates you please ignore it.
Please note *
Any insult against the people who decide not to wear a poppy, and that’s their choice, or indeed to those that do will be removed, the poppy will not be tarnished and used to support so called modern day politics on this website.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Poppy Outrage Thread on 11:34 - Nov 1 with 3061 viewsFireboy2

Poppy Outrage Thread on 10:53 - Nov 1 by Catullus

Wear a poppy or don't, make a contribution or don't, it's personal choice.

My choice is to buy a red poppy, it normally falls off and I don't usually replace it but at the 1th hour I stand silently out of respect for those who served whether they died or survived. I remember my grandad and I say thank you for the life I ws able to lead because of the sacrifices of millions of men and women, of all colours, creeds and religions, all across the world.

The poppy is the rememberance of sacrifice, it's meant to unite us in saying thank you, this thread seems the antithesis of that.

As per, your post speak volumes cat

There was nothing wrong with NJs OP, the problem lies with some people lack of sense of humour.

Fwiw I always wear a poppy and attend if I am on duty the rememberance day parade but I have no problem with people who dont wear one, i do have problem with the people who openly deride it.
Poppy Outrage Thread on 15:35 - Nov 1 with 2969 viewsHighjack

Well this thread went well...

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Poppy Outrage Thread on 15:37 - Nov 1 with 2967 viewsonehunglow

Poppy Outrage Thread on 11:34 - Nov 1 by Fireboy2

As per, your post speak volumes cat

There was nothing wrong with NJs OP, the problem lies with some people lack of sense of humour.

Fwiw I always wear a poppy and attend if I am on duty the rememberance day parade but I have no problem with people who dont wear one, i do have problem with the people who openly deride it.

There was everythng wrong with the OP,the way it looked.Maybe it's an example of people taking it the wrong way.

Poppy Outrage Thread on 16:22 - Nov 1 with 2933 viewsFlashberryjack

Poppy Outrage Thread on 09:53 - Nov 1 by Neath_Jack

Did they?

Funny how you accuse everyone on here of being "outraged" whilst it seems you are more outraged than anyone else.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Poppy Outrage Thread on 16:31 - Nov 1 with 2925 viewsNeath_Jack

Poppy Outrage Thread on 16:22 - Nov 1 by Flashberryjack

Funny how you accuse everyone on here of being "outraged" whilst it seems you are more outraged than anyone else.

Fuming I am Flashy.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024