Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Christmas amnesty 12:17 - Nov 21 with 1056 viewscontroversial_jack

Relaxing the restrictions will lead to the third wave?
Christmas amnesty on 12:25 - Nov 21 with 1050 viewsLohengrin

More than likely. That’s the cycle we’re trapped in until a vaccine provides a way out.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Christmas amnesty on 12:28 - Nov 21 with 1037 viewsexhmrc1

yes as will reducing the quarantine period. Are we really following the scientific evidence because it looks like Johnson just doesnt learn from past mistakes.
Christmas amnesty on 12:34 - Nov 21 with 1027 viewsonehunglow

Yes and all because the Drinks industry chums of Boris are getting restless .Still,they can have Christmas then get themselves lockdown . What clowns we are

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Christmas amnesty on 12:51 - Nov 21 with 1005 viewspencoedjack

I could of swore dithering Drakeford will decide on whether we have an amnesty in Wales over Xmas
Christmas amnesty on 12:54 - Nov 21 with 1010 viewscontroversial_jack

Christmas amnesty on 12:51 - Nov 21 by pencoedjack

I could of swore dithering Drakeford will decide on whether we have an amnesty in Wales over Xmas

I hope not, but many will simply ignore it. If we do, we will have to have another lockdown just to get back to where we were before Xmas. Absolute insanity!
Christmas amnesty on 13:12 - Nov 21 with 995 viewsKeithHaynes

Did the uk as a whole ever come out of the first pandemic ? It’s hardly been ruthless if this illness is so bad.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Christmas amnesty on 13:42 - Nov 21 with 980 viewscontroversial_jack

Christmas amnesty on 13:12 - Nov 21 by KeithHaynes

Did the uk as a whole ever come out of the first pandemic ? It’s hardly been ruthless if this illness is so bad.

We have been very soft in our approach and not very intelligent
Christmas amnesty on 14:20 - Nov 21 with 969 viewsCatullus

Christmas amnesty on 13:42 - Nov 21 by controversial_jack

We have been very soft in our approach and not very intelligent

This.

Looking at the facts as the Senedd and Westminster have told us, we had a stricter lockdown when the virus numbers were lower. The second wave was more widespread and we did little.

The 2 week firebreak, if it has worked at all, wouldn't it have worked much better, made Christmas safer if we had done a full month or even 6 weeks? If the numbers dropped significantly in 2 weeks then a longer break would have done more good, surely?

On the other hand, I know a couple of people who are deeply suspicious of the numbers the senedd is throwing out.

A Christmas amnesty, at current stats just seems crazy to me because enough people would ignore the rules already, softening them is a recipe for disaster, in my opinion.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Login to get fewer ads

Christmas amnesty on 14:50 - Nov 21 with 959 viewsWhiterockin

This is what I expect over Christmas.

Families will be allowed to mix in the home on Christmas Eve/Christmas Day/Boxing Day only.

The next 2 week firebreak to start on December 27th including schools who would have a 3 week break. This fits in with reports that 3-5 days of tighter restrictions would be needed for every day of Christmas.

All pubs, restaurants and non essential shops will close at 6pm on December 23rd and not reopen until the lockdown ends. This would mean no packed pubs over Christmas and the New Year and no crowds shopping in sales.
Christmas amnesty on 18:43 - Nov 21 with 920 viewsCatullus

Christmas amnesty on 14:50 - Nov 21 by Whiterockin

Families will be allowed to mix in the home on Christmas Eve/Christmas Day/Boxing Day only.

The next 2 week firebreak to start on December 27th including schools who would have a 3 week break. This fits in with reports that 3-5 days of tighter restrictions would be needed for every day of Christmas.

All pubs, restaurants and non essential shops will close at 6pm on December 23rd and not reopen until the lockdown ends. This would mean no packed pubs over Christmas and the New Year and no crowds shopping in sales.

Maybe they need to ban NY sales? Or maybe tell them it has to be online or they will have to have security guards and strictly limit numbers instore? It won't be worth the cost to some so they won't bother.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Christmas amnesty on 23:39 - Nov 21 with 880 viewsNotLoyal

Christmas amnesty on 14:50 - Nov 21 by Whiterockin

I'm still struggling with non essential, and still waiting for a lockdown.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Christmas amnesty on 19:41 - Nov 24 with 761 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Good to see all four home nations agree to a common approach over Christmas.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Christmas amnesty on 00:38 - Nov 25 with 697 viewscontroversial_jack

Not really, I'd prefer we did our own thing to that of Clowning street.
Christmas amnesty on 08:12 - Nov 25 with 660 viewsWhiterockin

Christmas amnesty on 00:38 - Nov 25 by controversial_jack

Not really, I'd prefer we did our own thing to that of Clowning street.

People would have traveled from one area of the UK to another anyway and met up as families. The police have already stated that they would not break up families on Christmas Day. A compromise had to be reached and this is the compromise.
Christmas amnesty on 09:13 - Nov 25 with 636 viewsCatullus

Christmas amnesty on 19:41 - Nov 24 by felixstowe_jack

Good to see all four home nations agree to a common approach over Christmas.

As long as it's the right approach which I have already seen doctors on tv say it isn't.

Christmas amnesty on 10:14 - Nov 25 with 622 viewsonehunglow

By choosing to "celebrate" christmas ,it shows what cowards we are as a nation.
A shallow shower of shytes who put temporary bucolic pleasure before long term health.

Johnson and Starmer abject

Christmas amnesty on 10:35 - Nov 25 with 612 viewsScotia

Christmas amnesty on 09:13 - Nov 25 by Catullus

As long as it's the right approach which I have already seen doctors on tv say it isn't.

I'd be far more confident celebrating in N Ireland than this side of the Irish Sea. A four week set of restrictions followed by a two week firebreak, chances are they'll be down to 100 cases a day by Mid December we'll likely be back up to 1000.
Christmas amnesty on 10:45 - Nov 25 with 609 viewsonehunglow

I d celebrate not celebrating christmas and all the worlock it engenders.

Martin Lewis has it right and begs those who can ill afford it to overspend what they dont have for one bluddy day.

We will pay dearly for this in the new year.

Christmas amnesty on 17:49 - Nov 25 with 572 viewsCatullus

Christmas amnesty on 10:35 - Nov 25 by Scotia

I'd be far more confident celebrating in N Ireland than this side of the Irish Sea. A four week set of restrictions followed by a two week firebreak, chances are they'll be down to 100 cases a day by Mid December we'll likely be back up to 1000.

Drakeford was on the national news this morning saying that we had to relax the rules because people would break them otherwise...what a cop out!

Our Christmas will be low key, no extra food shopping besides those things you have Christmas day, Pigs in blankets, Pudding etc. We'll not have any visitors nor go anywhere else over Christmas.
Lets hope the vaccines are being distributed and help keep new cases down.

Christmas amnesty on 17:59 - Nov 25 with 569 viewsBoundy

Christmas amnesty on 17:49 - Nov 25 by Catullus

Drakeford was on the national news this morning saying that we had to relax the rules because people would break them otherwise...what a cop out!

Our Christmas will be low key, no extra food shopping besides those things you have Christmas day, Pigs in blankets, Pudding etc. We'll not have any visitors nor go anywhere else over Christmas.
Lets hope the vaccines are being distributed and help keep new cases down.

But he's right ,people will enjoy the season as if theres no tomorrow especially the ignorant & selfish of which there are many . I saw little evidence during the second lock down to make me feel that in general people care, they probably do but life appeared to go on as normal and especially now with the much trumpeting of vaccines being available by easter people will endure a 3rd lockdown and take a calculated risk they wont succumb before then

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Christmas amnesty on 18:05 - Nov 25 with 564 viewsCatullus

Christmas amnesty on 17:59 - Nov 25 by Boundy

But he's right ,people will enjoy the season as if theres no tomorrow especially the ignorant & selfish of which there are many . I saw little evidence during the second lock down to make me feel that in general people care, they probably do but life appeared to go on as normal and especially now with the much trumpeting of vaccines being available by easter people will endure a 3rd lockdown and take a calculated risk they wont succumb before then

People will always break the rules when they know there's no consequences, apart from the possibility of getting covid and being seriously ill or dying.

The police won't come knocking, there'll be no fines so people will go even more berserk. Just like the last night before a lockdown and the first day after.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024