Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Angel Rangel 09:19 - Nov 25 with 1389 viewsBoundy

Pretty much sums it up

https://www.planetfootball.com/in-depth/angel-rangel-on-the-highs-and-lows-at-sw

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Angel Rangel on 09:35 - Nov 25 with 1375 viewsCatullus

I think most, maybe all of us would always welcome Rangel back, he's one of us.

I met him and his family once, in a car park in town. He stopped to talk, made time. An absolutely lovely bloke.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Angel Rangel on 09:39 - Nov 25 with 1372 views34dfgdf54

Absolute legend, one of the best ever Swans signings surely?

He pretty much confirms all the players lost faith in Monk, again, I'll keep banging same drum, how the hell did we let a manager in his first job, decide he knew best and changed our whole way of playing which took years to master. He even confirmed in his book! The guy is an egomaniac.

For some strange reason though Angel blocked me on twitter, the only time I've ever said anything negative to someone affiliated with swans directly was Paul Clement.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2020 9:40]
Angel Rangel on 09:47 - Nov 25 with 1354 viewsHighjack

“It became a business.”

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Angel Rangel on 11:37 - Nov 25 with 1255 viewsAnotherJohn

Have fond memories of that late winner at Crystal Palace. It lifted us off the bottom of the EPL and was an important step in the fight to stay up that season.
Angel Rangel on 12:16 - Nov 25 with 1219 viewsvetchonian

Angel Rangel on 09:39 - Nov 25 by 34dfgdf54

Absolute legend, one of the best ever Swans signings surely?

He pretty much confirms all the players lost faith in Monk, again, I'll keep banging same drum, how the hell did we let a manager in his first job, decide he knew best and changed our whole way of playing which took years to master. He even confirmed in his book! The guy is an egomaniac.

For some strange reason though Angel blocked me on twitter, the only time I've ever said anything negative to someone affiliated with swans directly was Paul Clement.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2020 9:40]

All down to the muach lauded Huw jenkins so much for his "continuity" plan and "the Swansea Way" Allowed Monk to dismantle all the previous good works. Remember he allowed Monk to ditch Curt who HJ had said when Martinez left would be a "fixture" to any new coaching team to allow continuity

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Angel Rangel on 12:37 - Nov 25 with 1198 views34dfgdf54

Angel Rangel on 11:37 - Nov 25 by AnotherJohn

Have fond memories of that late winner at Crystal Palace. It lifted us off the bottom of the EPL and was an important step in the fight to stay up that season.

Yeah I remember that, was there midweek away day about 1800 jacks there, quality support.
Angel Rangel on 15:20 - Nov 25 with 1098 viewsTreforys_Jack

Not long after he joined we were in F&B having food, with my youngest wearing a Swans shirt with Rangel on the back. Halfway through eating in walks Angel with a group of family or friends and does a double take when he spots the name on the shirt. He came over and had a decent chat with my lad and you could genuinely see how chuffed he was to see someone wearing his name on their shirt.
Nice guy, still had a strop on though when he couldn't move to Wigan with Roberto. Probably right up their with our finest signings for value for money.
Angel Rangel on 15:25 - Nov 25 with 1094 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

It's fortunate Rangel didn't post that on Planet Swans at the time.. he would have been accused of being a troll or having an agenda. No one was allowed to criticise Sir Garry in his first season (despite us winning just 3 of his first 14 games).

It's amazing how a win over a local rival can blind so many to the alarming changes happening on the pitch.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Login to get fewer ads

Angel Rangel on 15:55 - Nov 25 with 1068 viewsvetchonian

Angel Rangel on 15:25 - Nov 25 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

It's fortunate Rangel didn't post that on Planet Swans at the time.. he would have been accused of being a troll or having an agenda. No one was allowed to criticise Sir Garry in his first season (despite us winning just 3 of his first 14 games).

It's amazing how a win over a local rival can blind so many to the alarming changes happening on the pitch.

im sure you will find there were those who voiced their concerns about Monks full time appointment and the change in style of play. They were there in their minority but things were being said despite the euphoria of beating CCFC in his first game.

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Angel Rangel on 17:29 - Nov 25 with 1006 viewsDr_Winston

Angel Rangel on 15:55 - Nov 25 by vetchonian

im sure you will find there were those who voiced their concerns about Monks full time appointment and the change in style of play. They were there in their minority but things were being said despite the euphoria of beating CCFC in his first game.

It was a strange time.

There were a few who voiced concerns that someone who had presided over a run of something like three wins in 12/13 games was getting the job permanently when there were vastly more experienced and suitable candidates available and interested. Like the current Barcelona manager. Those concerns were dismissed.

The change in the style of play didn't really start kicking in until two or three months into the following season, but there were far too many people who thought the ends justified the means. That "Our best Premier League finish" justified taking an axe to ten years worth of development and flushing our long term prospects down the shitter in the process.

Even now there are those who will excuse it. Weirdos.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Angel Rangel on 17:42 - Nov 25 with 994 viewsKeithHaynes

👍😂👏👏👏👏👏👏
Precisely.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Angel Rangel on 17:48 - Nov 25 with 984 views34dfgdf54

Very true that unfortunately.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024