Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FAO Blaze 05:27 - Jan 10 with 6989 viewsTreforys_Jack

If you still read this forum, I notice you are looking for canine buddy and needs to be hypoallergenic. All the advice you've had on your thread on PS is sound, however let me add my two pennies worth.
Its unlikely you'll get a dog from places like Many Tears as they almost always will only allow you to adopt if you already have a dog as the rescue dog will need the guidance from the resident pooch.
I have 3 from Many Tears and they have all been mistreated either physically or mentally by their former and I use this term lightly owners. 99% of the time all they need is time and patience. Once the dog trusts you the bond that will develop between you then is unbreakable.
I've always had JRT's then we found we needed to go down the hyper allogeneic route and our last 3 have been 2 Yorkshire terriers and my latest is a Bichon, she is the most affectionate and loving dog you could meet and has a wicked personality.

I'm sure you know but don't settle for something that isn't right for you as its a lifetime commitment.

Have you tried the vets, as very often there are adverts for dogs to be rehomed, just before Xmas there was a Bichon looking for a home as its owner had gone into a care home, so might be worth looking around and biding your time.

Best of luck and if I can be of any help feel free to message me.
FAO Blaze on 10:49 - Jan 10 with 6940 viewsonehunglow

Is Blaze willing to travel to collect a dog

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

FAO Blaze on 12:28 - Jan 10 with 6901 viewsTreforys_Jack

FAO Blaze on 10:49 - Jan 10 by onehunglow

Is Blaze willing to travel to collect a dog

No idea.
FAO Blaze on 20:39 - Jan 10 with 6828 viewsFlashberryjack

Now isn't the best time to be looking for a dog, best wait a while IMHO.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

FAO Blaze on 21:04 - Jan 10 with 6809 viewsBLAZE

I hadn't considered checking at vets. Thanks for your sound advice Treforys 👍

Flashberry, why do you say that mate - is it because of lockdown? The price of pups is eye watering at the moment
FAO Blaze on 21:45 - Jan 10 with 6783 viewsCatullus

FAO Blaze on 20:39 - Jan 10 by Flashberryjack

Now isn't the best time to be looking for a dog, best wait a while IMHO.

I don't think now is the time to be getting your first dog but experienced owners are still needed to give forever homes to some lovely animals.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

FAO Blaze on 21:53 - Jan 10 with 6772 viewsTreforys_Jack

I had a look at Bichons today after you saying hiw expensive they were, the prices are scandalous. Mine cost £250 9 mths ago. The rescue centres tend to get them in batches, 1 day there are none, then there will be 5 or 6 when the scumbags, sorry puppy farmers, refresh their breeding bitches and stud dogs. Hate them with a passion.
Good luck mate,
FAO Blaze on 22:00 - Jan 10 with 6769 viewsFlashberryjack

FAO Blaze on 21:04 - Jan 10 by BLAZE

I hadn't considered checking at vets. Thanks for your sound advice Treforys 👍

Flashberry, why do you say that mate - is it because of lockdown? The price of pups is eye watering at the moment

I've done quite a lot for people looking for Spaniel/Cocker pups during the lockdown, making sure the breeder is genuine and pups have been health checked, and they don't get ripped of price wise.

Of course I'm sure there are some lovely dogs with organisations like Many Tears, but I deal with specific breeds only, at the star of the lockdown I got a beautiful red Cocker for a poster on this site, top breeding, KC registered and all vets checks done, at about half the price they were selling inferior pups.

BTW I haven't charged for the service,

Hope you find something you like, but be careful, getting the wrong pup/dog can be very, very expensive down the line.

Hello

FAO Blaze on 22:02 - Jan 10 with 6767 viewsBLAZE

FAO Blaze on 21:45 - Jan 10 by Catullus

I don't think now is the time to be getting your first dog but experienced owners are still needed to give forever homes to some lovely animals.

Eh, why not?

Edit. My search began before the new lockdown and I expect it to carry on past the end of it too. Nobody mentioned breaking lockdown. That aside, why would becoming a first time dog owner at the moment be wrong?
[Post edited 10 Jan 2021 22:44]
Login to get fewer ads

FAO Blaze on 22:37 - Jan 10 with 6728 viewsTreforys_Jack

FAO Blaze on 22:02 - Jan 10 by BLAZE

Eh, why not?

Edit. My search began before the new lockdown and I expect it to carry on past the end of it too. Nobody mentioned breaking lockdown. That aside, why would becoming a first time dog owner at the moment be wrong?
[Post edited 10 Jan 2021 22:44]

Prob because your situation now may not be the same when things get back to normal, if they do. The time you can spare now may dissapear when/if you return to work. At least that's what I assume he's alluding to.

My opinion is there is never a bad time tbh.
FAO Blaze on 22:44 - Jan 10 with 6719 viewsBLAZE

Ah I see. This isn't a lockdown boredom purchase and my circumstances aren't likely to change any time soon - lockdown or no lockdown. I appreciate that train of thought but without knowing my personal circumstances he's just making assumptions

Thanks again Treforys
FAO Blaze on 23:04 - Jan 10 with 6690 viewslifelong

FAO Blaze on 22:00 - Jan 10 by Flashberryjack

I've done quite a lot for people looking for Spaniel/Cocker pups during the lockdown, making sure the breeder is genuine and pups have been health checked, and they don't get ripped of price wise.

Of course I'm sure there are some lovely dogs with organisations like Many Tears, but I deal with specific breeds only, at the star of the lockdown I got a beautiful red Cocker for a poster on this site, top breeding, KC registered and all vets checks done, at about half the price they were selling inferior pups.

Hope you find something you like, but be careful, getting the wrong pup/dog can be very, very expensive down the line.

This is that very dog yesterday..he’s a cracker.
FAO Blaze on 10:21 - Jan 11 with 6623 viewsonehunglow

FAO Blaze on 22:44 - Jan 10 by BLAZE

Ah I see. This isn't a lockdown boredom purchase and my circumstances aren't likely to change any time soon - lockdown or no lockdown. I appreciate that train of thought but without knowing my personal circumstances he's just making assumptions

Thanks again Treforys

But for many,it IS.

The sharp rise in puppy's proces is evident of crazy demand.People want pets to entertain them. Sadly, too many will be too much for the owner and the animal will end up in a reacue centre.

That is what happens post Christmas and this situation is now 10x.

My daughter bought a Malinois five years ago.A very challenging,active super intelligent working dog and absolutely the wrong dog for many. A gorgeous pup turns into a wrecking ball ,if not looked after properly. The dogs are now 4 times the price

FAO Blaze on 10:55 - Jan 11 with 6618 viewsBLAZE

Ok, but I'm not sure why that has anything to do with me? I asked for advice on finding a pet, not for advice on whether I should get a pet. I've already made that decision and it wasn't made lightly

I work and study from home so any assumption that I'll be going back to work and leaving the dog home alone is exactly that - an assumption - and a wrong one

I've weighed up the pros and cons over a number of months before coming to a considered decision. I'm still very grateful to those who have offered advice relevant to what I requested

Take care all
[Post edited 11 Jan 2021 12:15]
FAO Blaze on 11:49 - Jan 11 with 6569 viewsPacemaker

FAO Blaze on 22:00 - Jan 10 by Flashberryjack

Lovely dogs, I had a Springer for many years, I was working outdoors and could take him with me most days, but they just need so much exercise and attention I can’t give at the moment, but I would love to get one again in the future.

Beautiful looking dog that Lifelong has, I saw a close up of him on the other site really bright looking dog.

As you say they can prove to be a regular at the Vets if not of good stock so well done on providing that service and advice.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

FAO Blaze on 17:38 - Jan 11 with 6469 viewsFlashberryjack

FAO Blaze on 23:04 - Jan 10 by lifelong

This is that very dog yesterday..he’s a cracker.

He's looking fantastic mate, so glad that everything has worked out well.

I've been looking at some video clips of his litter sister (the one that the breeder kept for himself) he's just started her training, and she's absolutely beautiful to watch.

Hello

FAO Blaze on 18:09 - Jan 11 with 6456 viewsonehunglow

FAO Blaze on 17:38 - Jan 11 by Flashberryjack

He's looking fantastic mate, so glad that everything has worked out well.

I've been looking at some video clips of his litter sister (the one that the breeder kept for himself) he's just started her training, and she's absolutely beautiful to watch.

I like that breed but I would suggest they need to both exercise seriously and work to keep them happy.

I would like a Malinois (Belgian Shepherd) but with old age rapidly catching me up,Im not sure we could ,in our late 70s,keep a Malinois out of mischief as they will cause mayhem ,if bored or lacking in mental stimulation.

These animals need 6/8 miles a day walking or alternatively a few miles of vigorous play .They can understand a new task after just a few repetitions o they have to be kept interested.

FAO Blaze on 18:44 - Jan 11 with 6438 viewsFlashberryjack

FAO Blaze on 18:09 - Jan 11 by onehunglow

I like that breed but I would suggest they need to both exercise seriously and work to keep them happy.

I would like a Malinois (Belgian Shepherd) but with old age rapidly catching me up,Im not sure we could ,in our late 70s,keep a Malinois out of mischief as they will cause mayhem ,if bored or lacking in mental stimulation.

These animals need 6/8 miles a day walking or alternatively a few miles of vigorous play .They can understand a new task after just a few repetitions o they have to be kept interested.

The Malinois I've seen are all working dogs, they are very intelligent dogs, but can be very aggressive and also quite dangerous in the hands of the inexperienced.

Not the type of dog I'd recommend as a pet, but I'm no expert on the breed.

Hello

FAO Blaze on 18:55 - Jan 11 with 6429 viewsKeithHaynes

Love our two boxers.

I’ll try and upload a few pics soonest.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

FAO Blaze on 10:27 - Jan 13 with 6326 viewsonehunglow

FAO Blaze on 18:44 - Jan 11 by Flashberryjack

The Malinois I've seen are all working dogs, they are very intelligent dogs, but can be very aggressive and also quite dangerous in the hands of the inexperienced.

Not the type of dog I'd recommend as a pet, but I'm no expert on the breed.

They are and can be.Ive said as much. Not for the inexperienced owner but ,if you are prepared to invest your time in a dog,this is some animal.

My daughter has a bitch and is a stunning animal although not exactly welcoming of anyone calling .Good luck to any burglars who might try their hand.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024