Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should we be doing any more business ? 00:49 - Jan 23 with 1387 viewsKeithHaynes

Not saying we won’t or there isn’t more speculation or another exciting piece of business left in us. But are the two outfield players we have in now sufficient for you ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Should we be doing any more business ? on 08:39 - Jan 23 with 947 viewsChief

Cooper said he wanted to replace what went and more. So 3 went, 2 in so far. So yes more needed, we need to back this manager.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Should we be doing any more business ? on 08:41 - Jan 23 with 941 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Should we be doing any more business ? on 08:39 - Jan 23 by Chief

Cooper said he wanted to replace what went and more. So 3 went, 2 in so far. So yes more needed, we need to back this manager.

There still time - I’m wondering whether a back up right wing back is in the works at the moment.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Should we be doing any more business ? on 08:45 - Jan 23 with 938 views34dfgdf54

Should we be doing any more business ? on 08:41 - Jan 23 by Brynmill_Jack

There still time - I’m wondering whether a back up right wing back is in the works at the moment.

That would be Arriola I reckon.

I still think we’ll sign another CM aswell, young with one eye on the future more than an automatic starter, similar to Lati
Should we be doing any more business ? on 08:52 - Jan 23 with 931 viewsChief

Should we be doing any more business ? on 08:39 - Jan 23 by Chief

Although personally i think now we're pretty decent barring any departures. Which is always a worry with us.

Would still like an out and out box striker as an option.

Should we be doing any more business ? on 09:05 - Jan 23 with 924 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Should we be doing any more business ? on 08:45 - Jan 23 by 34dfgdf54

I still think we’ll sign another CM aswell, young with one eye on the future more than an automatic starter, similar to Lati

We should get cover but I can honestly see Roberts playing every single league game this season. Given the energy he expends every single game that would probably give him POTS this term.
I used to think he was a whiny pointy spoilt brat but now he’s matured into the ultimate professional. If any young apprentices need steering away from the bars and other pitfalls that lay in wait for them they should be subjected to a CR lecture after every training session!

And the kid can knock out a fitted kitchen too!!

Should we be doing any more business ? on 09:08 - Jan 23 with 916 viewsNotLoyal

The big signing was Hourihane, I'm certain so more yes but as a first team selection I think we are complete.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Should we be doing any more business ? on 09:14 - Jan 23 with 907 viewsDr_Winston

Should we be doing any more business ? on 09:05 - Jan 23 by Brynmill_Jack

We should get cover but I can honestly see Roberts playing every single league game this season. Given the energy he expends every single game that would probably give him POTS this term.
I used to think he was a whiny pointy spoilt brat but now he’s matured into the ultimate professional. If any young apprentices need steering away from the bars and other pitfalls that lay in wait for them they should be subjected to a CR lecture after every training session!

And the kid can knock out a fitted kitchen too!!

Naughton and Manning can also play on the right if needs be. Might not cover the miles Connor does but there's no lack of quality in reserve there.

I think we're about right in terms of transfers to be honest. Got to factor in the likelihood of game time that any additions are going to get. Hourihane will slot straight in which will be tough on whoever drops out, but it'll be a battle between Ayew, Lowe and Morris for two forward positions.

Maybe we'll do a deal similar to the lad from Exeter we've been linked to. Someone to add depth but not necessarily be expecting a starting berth straight away, and allow us to send Cullen out on loan ourselves.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Should we be doing any more business ? on 09:56 - Jan 23 with 835 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Should we be doing any more business ? on 09:14 - Jan 23 by Dr_Winston

Naughton and Manning can also play on the right if needs be. Might not cover the miles Connor does but there's no lack of quality in reserve there.

I think we're about right in terms of transfers to be honest. Got to factor in the likelihood of game time that any additions are going to get. Hourihane will slot straight in which will be tough on whoever drops out, but it'll be a battle between Ayew, Lowe and Morris for two forward positions.

Maybe we'll do a deal similar to the lad from Exeter we've been linked to. Someone to add depth but not necessarily be expecting a starting berth straight away, and allow us to send Cullen out on loan ourselves.

Fair comment Doc. I didn’t realise Manning could play on the right - no need for a replacement then. The midfield will take care of itself, true CH will probably start every game but that’s what MGW would have done so our midfield 3 would have been be expecting some rotation between them. So good that we have tremendous quality to call upon when needed.

With half the season gone maybe we’re good to go then?

Login to get fewer ads

Should we be doing any more business ? on 10:09 - Jan 23 with 812 viewsmagicdaps10

Think an option of a centre forward and back up to Roberts would be a good option but both not a must.
Think Cooper is happy to go with pace up top rather than a central striker.

Good to go with what we have but if a deal was able to be done for a younger player like Randell then I think they would be interested. Think they would be interested in younger players with potential that suits our finances.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Should we be doing any more business ? on 10:11 - Jan 23 with 809 viewsDr_Winston

I wouldn't rule out more business, just not sure where we'd need it right now.

The fact that we're within touching distance of returning to the top flight might make us do more business than we would if we were mid table and going nowhere. Don't want to be in a situation where we've got five games left and two out of our three main forwards get crocked or quarantined.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Should we be doing any more business ? on 10:29 - Jan 23 with 791 viewsmagicdaps10

I like the idea of this Randell at the price being quoted, looks a good prospect and could add depth to the squad, I think this lad Jephcott is another who falls into that category.
If we can get some younger players in permanently who can add to the squad... Or possibly break into the team and be that suprise package.

Should we be doing any more business ? on 11:08 - Jan 23 with 749 viewsAndyCole

Should we be doing any more business ? on 08:45 - Jan 23 by 34dfgdf54

The biggest hit in this window is losing MGW. We need more zip and high tempo.

Agree we need to bolster CM, specifically in the attacking role. Young, driving energy.

Norwich's zip comes from Todd Cantwell, massive positivity, link up play, drive, energy, all on the front-foot.

We started to look stale when we lost our zip, its been regained somewhat but a MGW would have given us the rocket fuel to kick on.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Should we be doing any more business ? on 11:10 - Jan 23 with 749 viewsReslovenSwan1

Cooper is bringing adaptable players . Manning can play midfield or defender. Lowe and Ayew wingers or central striker. The same with Morris. Garrick played wingback v Stevenage. Arreola if he comes is a midfielder who can do wingback. Naughton CB or FB. Potter was more likely to play less adaptable players out of position such as Grimes at full back.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2021 11:17]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Should we be doing any more business ? on 11:32 - Jan 23 with 710 viewsBadlands

Should we be doing any more business ? on 11:08 - Jan 23 by AndyCole

The biggest hit in this window is losing MGW. We need more zip and high tempo.

Agree we need to bolster CM, specifically in the attacking role. Young, driving energy.

Norwich's zip comes from Todd Cantwell, massive positivity, link up play, drive, energy, all on the front-foot.

We started to look stale when we lost our zip, its been regained somewhat but a MGW would have given us the rocket fuel to kick on.

As long as Grimes plays our midfield will always be hampered, slows down movement.
I also think we need an out and out striker and a nippy direct forward ala Bauzà to offer something different. There again Cooper doesn’t do plan B so maybe not so important.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Should we be doing any more business ? on 11:39 - Jan 23 with 695 viewsonehunglow

Should we be doing any more business ? on 11:32 - Jan 23 by Badlands

As long as Grimes plays our midfield will always be hampered, slows down movement.
I also think we need an out and out striker and a nippy direct forward ala Bauzà to offer something different. There again Cooper doesn’t do plan B so maybe not so important.

Brave and I agree.

Sadly,Grines is seen as pivotal when in actual fact he is nothing exceptional in any way.

He is just a good pro who is selected every game so Cooper sees him as indispensable so it is what it is.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Should we be doing any more business ? on 11:53 - Jan 23 with 683 viewsNortbankboy

Should we be doing any more business ? on 09:14 - Jan 23 by Dr_Winston

The best game i ever Houghton play was right wing back up in west brom.
That is his best position.how he wasn't played there when Conor was going through a bad patch I'll never know.
We have 4 good wing backs in roberts,naughton,manning and bidwell.
There is not much to choose between the lot of them
Should we be doing any more business ? on 12:09 - Jan 23 with 671 viewsmagicdaps10

I agree with Res... WOW!
Cooper seems to like versatility in a player, he likes it as an option as a whole to cover the areas to make the squad stronger. Our only real out and out striker is Cullen...that is a concern but one that can be ignored due to our league position and arguably so. I think we coukd look at a young striker who has goals in him(Cullen has not done this yet in senior football thus Coopers eagerness to send him out on loan) and falls with our budget.... All senses call out to Jephcott.

Should we be doing any more business ? on 12:18 - Jan 23 with 655 viewsChief

Should we be doing any more business ? on 12:09 - Jan 23 by magicdaps10

I agree with Res... WOW!
Cooper seems to like versatility in a player, he likes it as an option as a whole to cover the areas to make the squad stronger. Our only real out and out striker is Cullen...that is a concern but one that can be ignored due to our league position and arguably so. I think we coukd look at a young striker who has goals in him(Cullen has not done this yet in senior football thus Coopers eagerness to send him out on loan) and falls with our budget.... All senses call out to Jephcott.

Id love to go for him but hes scoring goals at a rate comparable to Ivan Toney in league 1 last season and is younger than him. Toney went to Brentford for 5mill, we won't pay anything near that for anyone.

Should we be doing any more business ? on 12:27 - Jan 23 with 639 viewsmagicdaps10

Should we be doing any more business ? on 12:18 - Jan 23 by Chief

Id love to go for him but hes scoring goals at a rate comparable to Ivan Toney in league 1 last season and is younger than him. Toney went to Brentford for 5mill, we won't pay anything near that for anyone.

Plymouth won't expect 5M for him, might push their luck on it but realistically they won't expect it.
Peterbrough have always set their stall high when selling and have pushed and a few times got an excellent price for their players such as Toney. I might be wrong but if Plymouth got 1M for Jephcott then they would be over the moon, can see him going for 500-750k....he might be worth more than than but I can see that the price he goes for.

Should we be doing any more business ? on 12:30 - Jan 23 with 635 viewsChief

Should we be doing any more business ? on 12:27 - Jan 23 by magicdaps10

Plymouth won't expect 5M for him, might push their luck on it but realistically they won't expect it.
Peterbrough have always set their stall high when selling and have pushed and a few times got an excellent price for their players such as Toney. I might be wrong but if Plymouth got 1M for Jephcott then they would be over the moon, can see him going for 500-750k....he might be worth more than than but I can see that the price he goes for.

Unless he's out of contract soon there's absolutely no way he's being bought for those lowly figures you've suggested there. Dreamland unfortunately.

Should we be doing any more business ? on 13:49 - Jan 23 with 563 views34dfgdf54

Not sure if it’s been mentioned but Nixon reckons he has news of an outbound from us. Will probably break it tomorrow.

Hopefully not Ayew
Should we be doing any more business ? on 14:01 - Jan 23 with 547 viewsonehunglow

Should we be doing any more business ? on 13:49 - Jan 23 by 34dfgdf54

Not sure if it’s been mentioned but Nixon reckons he has news of an outbound from us. Will probably break it tomorrow.

Hopefully not Ayew

Hopefully Dhanda or Byers

Should we be doing any more business ? on 14:05 - Jan 23 with 544 viewsChief

Should we be doing any more business ? on 14:01 - Jan 23 by onehunglow

Hopefully Dhanda or Byers

Byers is the only obvious omission in today's squad to me. Oli Cooper on bench ahead of him.

Should we be doing any more business ? on 14:08 - Jan 23 with 539 viewsonehunglow

Should we be doing any more business ? on 14:05 - Jan 23 by Chief

Byers is the only obvious omission in today's squad to me. Oli Cooper on bench ahead of him.

I'm warming to Steve to be honest although he's picked Routledge again-Two tiny forwards against huge players.We'll see

Should we be doing any more business ? on 14:26 - Jan 23 with 522 viewsDr_Winston

"Hopefully" one of our most creative midfielders in Dhanda is on his way out? Weird.

Byers has obviously slipped down in Cooper's thinking. Wouldn't rule out a loan departure at least. Hard to see where he fits in from here.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2021 14:27]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024