Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Fresh Prince of Bel Air 08:54 - Jan 25 with 1646 viewsbritferry

Why the hell are the BBC constantly advertising this program, thats now available on their iPlayer?

Great series that it was, especially Will Smith, but its over 30 years old, haven't they got something else to show, some new material perhaps, something that I can see as worthwhile for my £157.50 TV licence TAX?

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

The Fresh Prince of Bel Air on 09:07 - Jan 25 with 1107 viewsVincent_Vega

Because its one of the very few shows that is still popular and ticks certain demographic and diversity boxes which panders to the social media blue tick brigade that ironically don't pay the license. There I said it.

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

The Fresh Prince of Bel Air on 10:22 - Jan 25 with 1072 viewsonehunglow

The Fresh Prince of Bel Air on 09:07 - Jan 25 by Vincent_Vega

Because its one of the very few shows that is still popular and ticks certain demographic and diversity boxes which panders to the social media blue tick brigade that ironically don't pay the license. There I said it.

wish I had.Seeing the advert is enough.

We have enough on our plates without this garbage

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The Fresh Prince of Bel Air on 10:24 - Jan 25 with 1073 viewsCatullus

There's nothing much new to show. Tv production has flatlined this last 10 months.

I loved the Fresh Prince, still watch it now and again. With so little else worth watching there's a lot of repeats being seen here.

We binged on Death in Paradise, NCIS, Only Fools, Criminal Minds and I've (again) started watching The World at War narrated by Olivier.

The license fee is hardly worth it, scrap it!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The Fresh Prince of Bel Air on 10:31 - Jan 25 with 1070 viewsonehunglow

Never seen Death In Paradise .

Much TV is garbage.I often simply cuddle a guitar watching Corrie

The Fresh Prince of Bel Air on 10:54 - Jan 25 with 1058 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Traditional TV is on its last legs I'm afraid.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

The Fresh Prince of Bel Air on 11:19 - Jan 25 with 1043 viewsNotLoyal

What a poor state UK TV is in.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

The Fresh Prince of Bel Air on 11:20 - Jan 25 with 1043 viewsCatullus

The Fresh Prince of Bel Air on 10:54 - Jan 25 by JACKMANANDBOY

Traditional TV is on its last legs I'm afraid.

Yep, we hardly ever watch anything "live" we record, stream or download. We have netflix and amazon prime.

On demand is the future, watch what you want when you want. Shame there's so many providers and so much cost though. Amazon and Netflix cost 16 quid a month, more than the license fee. At least Amazon has the advantage of free deliveries!

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

The Fresh Prince of Bel Air on 11:28 - Jan 25 with 1039 viewsonehunglow

The Fresh Prince of Bel Air on 11:20 - Jan 25 by Catullus

Yep, we hardly ever watch anything "live" we record, stream or download. We have netflix and amazon prime.

On demand is the future, watch what you want when you want. Shame there's so many providers and so much cost though. Amazon and Netflix cost 16 quid a month, more than the license fee. At least Amazon has the advantage of free deliveries!

Got prime not netflix.Im thinking of it myself and binning the licence fee

Login to get fewer ads

The Fresh Prince of Bel Air on 12:13 - Jan 25 with 1026 viewsLohengrin

The Fresh Prince of Bel Air on 11:19 - Jan 25 by NotLoyal

What a poor state UK TV is in.

Rubbish, mate. On the flip side the radio and podcast output by the Beeb is first class.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

The Fresh Prince of Bel Air on 12:42 - Jan 25 with 1008 viewsonehunglow

The Fresh Prince of Bel Air on 12:13 - Jan 25 by Lohengrin

Rubbish, mate. On the flip side the radio and podcast output by the Beeb is first class.

Morning Loh.

Tonight sees BBC showing an hour long special on Katie Price and her disabled son,Harvey.

Prime time television.

Thankfully,University Challenge still going strong.

The Fresh Prince of Bel Air on 13:33 - Jan 25 with 981 viewsLohengrin

The Fresh Prince of Bel Air on 12:42 - Jan 25 by onehunglow

Morning Loh.

Tonight sees BBC showing an hour long special on Katie Price and her disabled son,Harvey.

Prime time television.

Thankfully,University Challenge still going strong.

No telly for me. I’ll be up the mountain with the hounds later, if I’ve got my earphones in I’ll probably be listening to Round the Horne or Hancock’s Half Hour.

The Fresh Prince of Bel Air on 13:37 - Jan 25 with 976 viewsonehunglow

The Fresh Prince of Bel Air on 13:33 - Jan 25 by Lohengrin

No telly for me. I’ll be up the mountain with the hounds later, if I’ve got my earphones in I’ll probably be listening to Round the Horne or Hancock’s Half Hour.

Round the Horne.Jules and Sandy?

Reminds me of Jean Metcalfe and Cliff Michelmore and 2 way family favourites after a traumatic hour at Chapel before Sunday School.

Stay away from the magic mushrooms

The Fresh Prince of Bel Air on 13:47 - Jan 25 with 959 viewsItchySphincter

You said it, but what do you mean?

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

The Fresh Prince of Bel Air on 13:49 - Jan 25 with 952 viewsItchySphincter

The Fresh Prince of Bel Air on 13:33 - Jan 25 by Lohengrin

How many hounds do you have? Is it a pack? I’ve got one, she’s lovely.

The Fresh Prince of Bel Air on 14:13 - Jan 25 with 951 viewsLohengrin

The Fresh Prince of Bel Air on 13:49 - Jan 25 by ItchySphincter

How many hounds do you have? Is it a pack? I’ve got one, she’s lovely.

Four as we speak, or two couple as us Barbour club members would have it.

Like all beautiful girls they are high, high maintenance.

The Fresh Prince of Bel Air on 14:24 - Jan 25 with 941 viewsCatullus

The Fresh Prince of Bel Air on 12:13 - Jan 25 by Lohengrin

Absolutely rubbish Loh.

Prime example, a series called Bulletproof.....what a pile of compete nonsemse. It's a Sky production, all it is bascially, is a series about 2 british poilicemen but it's trying to be "Bad Boys" (Will SMith, Martin Lawrence) and that kind of wild west bull doesn't work in the UK.Not for me anyway.

Anyone else watched it? what did you think?

Maybe we need a TV reviews thread?

The Fresh Prince of Bel Air on 14:28 - Jan 25 with 939 viewsHighjack

It doesn't pander to any of them at all. In fact the sort of momentum loving twits on twitter would probably hate everything about it. It's one of the best shows ever made. It deals with serious issues around perceived black culture in a very real way with enormous humour and pathos. Absentee fathers, gangs, violence, guns, family. It covers it all in such a positive way and there are few shows ever made that give you the feels like it does.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

The Fresh Prince of Bel Air on 14:31 - Jan 25 with 937 viewsVincent_Vega

Theres some great documentaries on Netflix (ripper, Night Stalker, Challenger, Mafia wars, Last Dance) as well as bonkers warped entertainment (Tiger King anyone)

Prime has got some gems at the minute (Expanse, Vikings, The Boys) The Beeb could only dream of producing such quality which at one time they did comparatively speaking.

Do agree BBC sounds/radio is decent and some of their podcasts.

The Fresh Prince of Bel Air on 14:39 - Jan 25 with 933 viewsVincent_Vega

The Fresh Prince of Bel Air on 14:28 - Jan 25 by Highjack

It doesn't pander to any of them at all. In fact the sort of momentum loving twits on twitter would probably hate everything about it. It's one of the best shows ever made. It deals with serious issues around perceived black culture in a very real way with enormous humour and pathos. Absentee fathers, gangs, violence, guns, family. It covers it all in such a positive way and there are few shows ever made that give you the feels like it does.

that's part of the irony, you think these people actually watch the program? They see the IMBD page and if there's not enough 'representation' then its open season on the executives. The scene of will and uncle phil and they embrace is AMAZING. Thing is nothing like that can be created nowadays. Take Batwoman, the new actress who is black was lecturing to another character who is black on how hard it is to grow up being black. script writing has fallen far from the Fresh Prince days.

The Fresh Prince of Bel Air on 14:44 - Jan 25 with 929 viewsCatullus

The Fresh Prince of Bel Air on 14:39 - Jan 25 by Vincent_Vega

that's part of the irony, you think these people actually watch the program? They see the IMBD page and if there's not enough 'representation' then its open season on the executives. The scene of will and uncle phil and they embrace is AMAZING. Thing is nothing like that can be created nowadays. Take Batwoman, the new actress who is black was lecturing to another character who is black on how hard it is to grow up being black. script writing has fallen far from the Fresh Prince days.

That Batwoman scene you describe, that really is pandering.

The Fresh Prince of Bel Air on 14:51 - Jan 25 with 925 viewsVincent_Vega

The Fresh Prince of Bel Air on 14:44 - Jan 25 by Catullus

That Batwoman scene you describe, that really is pandering.

Thats the CW for you, the beeb have a very very diluted version of that but it is there. Anywho before the thread gets derailed and off on another dark tangent my point was the Fresh prince is the safe option.

The Fresh Prince of Bel Air on 14:57 - Jan 25 with 923 viewsHighjack

The Fresh Prince of Bel Air on 14:39 - Jan 25 by Vincent_Vega

Another fantastic episode is when Carlton gets kicked out of the club because he is from a rich family and doesn't act enough like a 'proper' black person. Uncle Phil at the end "When will we stop doing this to each other"?

Well thirty years later we're still waiting. Even the dinosaur of the President is doing it with his "you ain't black" comments.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

The Fresh Prince of Bel Air on 15:06 - Jan 25 with 912 viewsVincent_Vega

The Fresh Prince of Bel Air on 14:57 - Jan 25 by Highjack

Another fantastic episode is when Carlton gets kicked out of the club because he is from a rich family and doesn't act enough like a 'proper' black person. Uncle Phil at the end "When will we stop doing this to each other"?

Well thirty years later we're still waiting. Even the dinosaur of the President is doing it with his "you ain't black" comments.

Wasn't there an episode where Ashley gets swept by the activism of uncle phils sister I think? not sure. The end scene with Uncle phil saying that we moved on from that and the fight is now in different arenas (I'm paraphrasing badly) is a lesson we all could learn.

The Fresh Prince of Bel Air on 16:02 - Jan 25 with 880 viewsonehunglow

The Fresh Prince of Bel Air on 14:24 - Jan 25 by Catullus

Absolutely rubbish Loh.

Prime example, a series called Bulletproof.....what a pile of compete nonsemse. It's a Sky production, all it is bascially, is a series about 2 british poilicemen but it's trying to be "Bad Boys" (Will SMith, Martin Lawrence) and that kind of wild west bull doesn't work in the UK.Not for me anyway.

Anyone else watched it? what did you think?

Maybe we need a TV reviews thread?

That'd be good.

I did tart a thread on Lance but I haven't seen any reference to a difficult watch on here anyway
[Post edited 25 Jan 2021 16:15]

The Fresh Prince of Bel Air on 16:04 - Jan 25 with 868 viewsItchySphincter

The Fresh Prince of Bel Air on 14:13 - Jan 25 by Lohengrin

Four as we speak, or two couple as us Barbour club members would have it.

Like all beautiful girls they are high, high maintenance.

Mine’s great. She’s from a pack and she’s hard, hard work, but I love her. She seems to treat me differently to the rest of the family though. She can be a right horror bag with them. You have to put her in bed every couple of hours or she’ll cause bedlam.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024