Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Striker from derby 18:59 - Jan 30 with 10667 viewsandypitt56

Apparently we have had a bid accepted for a young striker from derby Morgan Whittaker
[Post edited 30 Jan 2021 19:07]
Striker from derby on 19:12 - Jan 30 with 4653 viewsThornburyswan

Yeh supposedly for £700K, played in the usual Steve England U16-20 teams.
Striker from derby on 19:13 - Jan 30 with 4652 viewsFireboy2

Morgan Whittaker.
Striker from derby on 19:17 - Jan 30 with 4639 viewsandypitt56

Well if that’s our system and it ain’t broke don’t fix it haha
Striker from derby on 19:19 - Jan 30 with 4625 viewsFireboy2

Striker from derby on 19:17 - Jan 30 by andypitt56

Well if that’s our system and it ain’t broke don’t fix it haha

Striker from derby on 19:20 - Jan 30 with 4615 views34dfgdf54

Any good? Can’t say I’ve heard of him and it’s a sizeable fee for us.
Striker from derby on 19:25 - Jan 30 with 4598 views34dfgdf54

Derby fans can’t believe they are getting £700k for him. Zero work rate and bad attitude.

I’m very surprised we have chucked this sort of money out on a player with 1 goal in 25 apps.

In Cooper we trust with signings though he’s done well so far in fairness.
Striker from derby on 19:28 - Jan 30 with 4580 viewsFireboy2

Striker from derby on 19:25 - Jan 30 by 34dfgdf54

Derby fans can’t believe they are getting £700k for him. Zero work rate and bad attitude.

I’m very surprised we have chucked this sort of money out on a player with 1 goal in 25 apps.

You would have a bad attitude if your manager was potato head.
Striker from derby on 19:32 - Jan 30 with 4557 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Striker from derby on 19:25 - Jan 30 by 34dfgdf54

As long as it was Cooper's decision.
Login to get fewer ads

Striker from derby on 19:37 - Jan 30 with 4521 viewsReslovenSwan1

Thev England u20 team played Wales in October 2020 as a friendly. Lewis Webb did his best to keep out the English superstars. Rushesha, Cameron Evans and Josh Thomas featured for Wales. Lost 0-2. Plus Dan Williams.

Swansea has been linked with a number of the English youngsters. Ameachi, Balogun for two. Amaeachi looked unplayable against the Welsh. Whiitaker came on for Ameaechi. Garner another linked. Ramsey of Villa has pushed Connor Hourahaine to the sidelines at Villa. High level performers.

There is a very long queue for Balogun and Amaechi. Doyle and Harwood Bellis are stars at Man city who featured for them in the FA cup.

Swansea is a family club and players seem happy there. An unhappy teenager can take off in new friendlier conditions.

https://int.soccerway.com/matches/2020/10/13/world/under-20-friendlies/england-y
[Post edited 30 Jan 2021 19:58]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Striker from derby on 19:47 - Jan 30 with 4477 viewsChief

Hmm struggling to see the logic in this one. 700k is a lot of money for us to spend. Must be more experienced, more natural goalscorers in the lower leagues available for that price. But we'll see.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Striker from derby on 19:56 - Jan 30 with 4427 viewsReslovenSwan1

Striker from derby on 19:47 - Jan 30 by Chief

Hmm struggling to see the logic in this one. 700k is a lot of money for us to spend. Must be more experienced, more natural goalscorers in the lower leagues available for that price. But we'll see.

Steve Cooper knows this player and worked with him on the training field. He has a good realtionship with him presumably. At that age and inexperience you are looking at basic skill level and physical attributes. He is still filling out.

The Cooper dividend is him finding the Brewsters Gallaghers MGW on loan. If he can find some prospects below that level on permanent deals he is doing a great job. Joel Lati was the first. He has been turning out for a struggling team.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2021 19:56]

Striker from derby on 19:57 - Jan 30 with 4422 viewsChief

Striker from derby on 19:56 - Jan 30 by ReslovenSwan1

Steve Cooper knows this player and worked with him on the training field. He has a good realtionship with him presumably. At that age and inexperience you are looking at basic skill level and physical attributes. He is still filling out.

The Cooper dividend is him finding the Brewsters Gallaghers MGW on loan. If he can find some prospects below that level on permanent deals he is doing a great job. Joel Lati was the first. He has been turning out for a struggling team.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2021 19:56]

Hopefully Cooper can help him fulfil his potential

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Striker from derby on 20:16 - Jan 30 with 4313 viewsNeath_Jack

Must be the big signing that Andy Cole keeps mentioning.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Striker from derby on 20:23 - Jan 30 with 4281 viewsDJack

Striker from derby on 20:16 - Jan 30 by Neath_Jack

Must be the big signing that Andy Cole keeps mentioning.

Hold on there fella... you are bringing negativity fom the other site...usual suspects...you have not earned the right...think you are clever...debate and discussion...detractors...wibble.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Striker from derby on 20:38 - Jan 30 with 4227 viewsnyc_swans

i understand it's part of the experience of being a fan, but always think it's funny how many will check the wikipedia to see how many goals he has, and skim a few replies from the other club's fans on twitters and label a transfer "meh!" despite the many weeks/months from scouts that likely went into a decision.

just going to have to trust the scouts at this level. good luck to the player.
Striker from derby on 20:39 - Jan 30 with 4211 viewsonehunglow

If so,we will have to trust Steve. If it doesn’t work out ,never mind.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Striker from derby on 20:40 - Jan 30 with 4221 viewsDJack

Striker from derby on 20:38 - Jan 30 by nyc_swans

i understand it's part of the experience of being a fan, but always think it's funny how many will check the wikipedia to see how many goals he has, and skim a few replies from the other club's fans on twitters and label a transfer "meh!" despite the many weeks/months from scouts that likely went into a decision.

...is the right answer.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Striker from derby on 20:50 - Jan 30 with 4175 viewsReslovenSwan1

Striker from derby on 20:40 - Jan 30 by DJack

...is the right answer.

Cooper will have spent several weeks in camp with this youngster and knows him personally. His strength and weaknesses. He could not have gone backwards as the young player had a good few games with a highly qualified coach in Philip Cocu who has Ajax heritage. They know about developing talent.

Rooney is in a rush for points to avoid rlegation and does not have the time to wait for players to develop.

Striker from derby on 21:54 - Jan 30 with 4000 views34dfgdf54

Striker from derby on 20:38 - Jan 30 by nyc_swans

No I agree, some of our best ever players have had similar reactions from the fans of their previous club, Dyer being one that sticks in mind.

Derby fans genuinely can’t believe they are getting any sort of money for him at all. I am very surprised with the fee we are paying I’ve got to be honest, because there’s surely going to be no chance of him playing much this season if at all.
Striker from derby on 22:11 - Jan 30 with 3939 viewsthornabyswan

Striker from derby on 21:54 - Jan 30 by 34dfgdf54

No I agree, some of our best ever players have had similar reactions from the fans of their previous club, Dyer being one that sticks in mind.

Derby fans genuinely can’t believe they are getting any sort of money for him at all. I am very surprised with the fee we are paying I’ve got to be honest, because there’s surely going to be no chance of him playing much this season if at all.

700k does seem a lot for a player who has 1 league goal to his name.

But the signings have been very good to date it’s a wierd one though for that kind of money I would have thought we would have signed a player who could make an impact this season.

We are not really in a position to pay this kind of money for a player for the future.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2021 22:14]

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Striker from derby on 22:16 - Jan 30 with 3922 views34dfgdf54

Striker from derby on 22:11 - Jan 30 by thornabyswan

But the signings have been very good to date it’s a wierd one though for that kind of money I would have thought we would have signed a player who could make an impact this season.

We are not really in a position to pay this kind of money for a player for the future.

Completely agree. I’d imagine the structure of the deal won’t see us giving anywhere near that up front though (hopefully)
Striker from derby on 22:19 - Jan 30 with 3916 viewshobo

Striker from derby on 22:11 - Jan 30 by thornabyswan

He was 19 until a few weeks ago. How many of those appearances were starts? Not many I’d wager. Cooper will know him well and he’s been spot on so far
Striker from derby on 00:08 - Jan 31 with 3713 viewsjasper_T

Striker from derby on 22:19 - Jan 30 by hobo

He was 19 until a few weeks ago. How many of those appearances were starts? Not many I’d wager. Cooper will know him well and he’s been spot on so far

Apart from Peterson, Palmer and Gyokeres.

Good scoring record at u23s level. Pacey left-footer who fits the Lowe/Morris/Ayew wide striker pattern. A lot of money for an unproven 4th striker though. Who does Cooper sideline to get him more football than he was getting at Derby? Morris has come to play.

A lot of Derby fans thrilled by the reported fee. Bit similar to Gibbs-White's perception at Wolves, only Derby are below us not above us.
Striker from derby on 08:46 - Jan 31 with 3490 viewssP7qupUf

Not sure how much notice should be made of fans' reaction. As has been said MGW was slated and lots of Bristol City fans were glad to see the back of Smith.
Striker from derby on 08:47 - Jan 31 with 3485 views34dfgdf54

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/36724-morgan-whittaker/

Derby fans thoughts on this. Sounds like he’s been used as a winger.

From the videos on google he seemsy tall and leggy, one footed (left), bit of pace about him. I’m hoping the fee is considerably lower than what is being quoted, if so, it’s worth the risk. One that could go either way.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024