Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FAO Killy - what’s the mood on Erin? 17:33 - Jan 31 with 1762 viewsLohengrin

Do you reckon Euro-thusiasm has waned more than a tad over the last few days?

I

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

FAO Killy - what’s the mood on Erin? on 17:48 - Jan 31 with 1234 viewsKilkennyjack

Certainly disbelief inside and outside government that the EU would even think this was an appropriate way to deal with an essentially commercial matter between the EU and a private company.

Irish government blindsided. That just can’t happen for the obvious reasons.

Quickly changed direction, the only good thing.

Disappointed and surprised best reflects the current mood.

Certainly not going to add to Euro-thusiasm thats for sure.

Everyone (both sides) needs to be sure footed at this time, and the EU actions were anything but.

Beware of the Risen People

FAO Killy - what’s the mood on Erin? on 17:50 - Jan 31 with 1237 viewsNeath_Jack

Let's see how this thread goes...

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

FAO Killy - what’s the mood on Erin? on 17:53 - Jan 31 with 1235 viewsLohengrin

FAO Killy - what’s the mood on Erin? on 17:48 - Jan 31 by Kilkennyjack

Certainly disbelief inside and outside government that the EU would even think this was an appropriate way to deal with an essentially commercial matter between the EU and a private company.

Irish government blindsided. That just can’t happen for the obvious reasons.

Quickly changed direction, the only good thing.

Disappointed and surprised best reflects the current mood.

Certainly not going to add to Euro-thusiasm thats for sure.

Everyone (both sides) needs to be sure footed at this time, and the EU actions were anything but.

Time for Ireland to take a deep breath and have a long hard think about what just happened.

Yes the EU rowed back, they were forced to, but the fact that the controlling claque considered Ireland to be acceptable collateral damage in the first place is a genuine Damascene moment.

FAO Killy - what’s the mood on Erin? on 17:54 - Jan 31 with 1231 viewsLohengrin

FAO Killy - what’s the mood on Erin? on 17:50 - Jan 31 by Neath_Jack

Let's see how this thread goes...

Something along the lines of an EU in turmoil, I should think.

FAO Killy - what’s the mood on Erin? on 17:56 - Jan 31 with 1226 viewsNeath_Jack

FAO Killy - what’s the mood on Erin? on 17:54 - Jan 31 by Lohengrin

Something along the lines of an EU in turmoil, I should think.

Yeah, let's see.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

FAO Killy - what’s the mood on Erin? on 17:58 - Jan 31 with 1225 viewsLohengrin

FAO Killy - what’s the mood on Erin? on 17:56 - Jan 31 by Neath_Jack

Yeah, let's see.

How would you see it going, assuming it attracts much interest that is?

FAO Killy - what’s the mood on Erin? on 20:50 - Jan 31 with 1138 viewsCatullus

FAO Killy - what’s the mood on Erin? on 17:58 - Jan 31 by Lohengrin

How would you see it going, assuming it attracts much interest that is?

I think this has been done on other threads. I also think Kilky made an honest reply.

The EU doesn't look quite the same to some people now, I'm fairly sure.

It's for the people still living in EU controlled areas to decide what they think, what they want now.

Maybe the seven trumpets have sounded, maybe the walls of Jericho will fall.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

FAO Killy - what’s the mood on Erin? on 21:22 - Jan 31 with 1127 viewsLohengrin

FAO Killy - what’s the mood on Erin? on 20:50 - Jan 31 by Catullus

I think this has been done on other threads. I also think Kilky made an honest reply.

It's for the people still living in EU controlled areas to decide what they think, what they want now.

Ah! right, I should have checked the Brexit thread first. I thought it was odd the farce hadn’t rated a mention.

Login to get fewer ads

FAO Killy - what’s the mood on Erin? on 21:26 - Jan 31 with 1121 viewsDr_Winston

FAO Killy - what’s the mood on Erin? on 20:50 - Jan 31 by Catullus

The key will be how the UK does in the next ten years. It's why the EU tried so hard to stiff us in negotiations and why the passive approach of the May govt was so undesirable.

A UK that is prosperous outside the EU is their worst nightmare. If we can do it then millions of voters in France, Germany, The Netherlands and all over will be wondering just why they're still part of it. Voters whose power the political movers and shakers behind the entire project have tried desperately to neutralise since 1993.

The mask slipping over vaccine negotiations will have opened a lot of eyes to what it's actually all about.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

FAO Killy - what’s the mood on Erin? on 21:32 - Jan 31 with 1105 viewsCatullus

FAO Killy - what’s the mood on Erin? on 21:22 - Jan 31 by Lohengrin

Ah! right, I should have checked the Brexit thread first. I thought it was odd the farce hadn’t rated a mention.

Yes the remain faction are still having a go and the leavers are still defending our corner.

I honestky wish it was over with but I'm too stubborn a mule to sit back and say nothing!

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

FAO Killy - what’s the mood on Erin? on 21:33 - Jan 31 with 1109 viewspencoedjack

FAO Killy - what’s the mood on Erin? on 21:26 - Jan 31 by Dr_Winston

The key will be how the UK does in the next ten years. It's why the EU tried so hard to stiff us in negotiations and why the passive approach of the May govt was so undesirable.

A UK that is prosperous outside the EU is their worst nightmare. If we can do it then millions of voters in France, Germany, The Netherlands and all over will be wondering just why they're still part of it. Voters whose power the political movers and shakers behind the entire project have tried desperately to neutralise since 1993.

The mask slipping over vaccine negotiations will have opened a lot of eyes to what it's actually all about.

Speaking to my Italian work colleagues we won’t be waiting 10 years.

Let’s see how the Germans share the vaccine amongst the member states to begin with.
FAO Killy - what’s the mood on Erin? on 21:41 - Jan 31 with 1105 viewsDr_Winston

Strong anti-EU sentiment in Italy, France and The Netherlands. Not so much in Germany yet, but that's understandable given how much they've benefited from membership.

It's not a coincidence that there has been a resurgence in right wing politics all over Europe since Maastricht, and increasingly so in the last decade. People don't want to be part of a United States of Europe. People want to be in control of their own destinies.

The more the Political class try to make what they want happen with total disregard for the demos, the more likely the whole thing is to collapse. I just hope it happens without bloodshed.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

FAO Killy - what’s the mood on Erin? on 21:55 - Jan 31 with 1089 viewsKilkennyjack

FAO Killy - what’s the mood on Erin? on 21:41 - Jan 31 by Dr_Winston

Strong anti-EU sentiment in Italy, France and The Netherlands. Not so much in Germany yet, but that's understandable given how much they've benefited from membership.

It's not a coincidence that there has been a resurgence in right wing politics all over Europe since Maastricht, and increasingly so in the last decade. People don't want to be part of a United States of Europe. People want to be in control of their own destinies.

The more the Political class try to make what they want happen with total disregard for the demos, the more likely the whole thing is to collapse. I just hope it happens without bloodshed.

Its helped keep the peace in Europe since 1945.

Brexit is risking all that.

Brexit is a lose-lose game, except if you are Russian, of course.

FAO Killy - what’s the mood on Erin? on 22:01 - Jan 31 with 1095 viewsLohengrin

FAO Killy - what’s the mood on Erin? on 21:26 - Jan 31 by Dr_Winston

” The mask slipping over vaccine negotiations will have opened a lot of eyes to what it's actually all about.”

“Brexit 1-0 Brussels” ran the main headline in Le Figaro.

It’s been very instructive to see the way the popular press in France has turned on Macron, invoking Sieyes’ ideas around the Third Estate for the more historically aware on this site.

FAO Killy - what’s the mood on Erin? on 22:08 - Jan 31 with 1086 viewsDr_Winston

I saw a wonderful tweet from some FBPE type saying "my belief in an EU that is a rules based, democratic organisation" and I'll admit that I laughed for about 20 seconds solid.

The EU is a political construct. Designed by politicians to insulate them as much as possible from the whims of those who they nominally represent. Every blow against it is one to be savoured.
[Post edited 31 Jan 2021 22:25]

FAO Killy - what’s the mood on Erin? on 22:10 - Jan 31 with 1078 viewsCatullus

FAO Killy - what’s the mood on Erin? on 21:55 - Jan 31 by Kilkennyjack

What complete nonsense, the EEC didn't even exist until 1957. The EU of course came much later.
How can something that didn't exist do anything, let alone keep peace in Europe?

It was NATO that kept the peace, the threat of armed response and Nuclear weapons that has kept the peace.

Lets look at the EEC though, why would a trading bloc stop a war? Wars start for all manner of reasons, not just over trade. Why would the EEC stop the Russians invading?

PS, Dr Winston, I've read that anti EU sentiment has risen in Germany too. Many people not happy at lending so much money to Southern Europe members who will never pay it back. Others not happy at the common debt the EU took on that Germany will likely end up paying the biggest share of.

FAO Killy - what’s the mood on Erin? on 22:24 - Jan 31 with 1076 viewsDr_Winston

FAO Killy - what’s the mood on Erin? on 22:10 - Jan 31 by Catullus

What complete nonsense, the EEC didn't even exist until 1957. The EU of course came much later.
How can something that didn't exist do anything, let alone keep peace in Europe?

It was NATO that kept the peace, the threat of armed response and Nuclear weapons that has kept the peace.

Lets look at the EEC though, why would a trading bloc stop a war? Wars start for all manner of reasons, not just over trade. Why would the EEC stop the Russians invading?

PS, Dr Winston, I've read that anti EU sentiment has risen in Germany too. Many people not happy at lending so much money to Southern Europe members who will never pay it back. Others not happy at the common debt the EU took on that Germany will likely end up paying the biggest share of.

I don't doubt it.

I've never met a German I didn't like. They've worked miracles since 1945 to rehabilitate their economy and own reputation only to be scorned for it in a lot of places. Wouldn't be surprised if eventually there was a majority who wanted to give the bird to the rest of Europe.

FAO Killy - what’s the mood on Erin? on 09:23 - Feb 1 with 969 viewsfelixstowe_jack

FAO Killy - what’s the mood on Erin? on 21:55 - Jan 31 by Kilkennyjack

It is Nato that kept the peace in Europe.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

FAO Killy - what’s the mood on Erin? on 11:09 - Feb 1 with 942 viewsLohengrin

FAO Killy - what’s the mood on Erin? on 09:23 - Feb 1 by felixstowe_jack

It is Nato that kept the peace in Europe.

You could narrow that down much further and say it was the BAOR and the American airbase at Rammstein that kept the Soviet in check.

FAO Killy - what’s the mood on Erin? on 11:17 - Feb 1 with 928 viewsCatullus

FAO Killy - what’s the mood on Erin? on 11:09 - Feb 1 by Lohengrin

You could narrow that down much further and say it was the BAOR and the American airbase at Rammstein that kept the Soviet in check.

From 45 til 49 it was them, same thing applies to NATO, it couldn't do anything until it actually existed!

FAO Killy - what’s the mood on Erin? on 12:04 - Feb 1 with 917 viewsLohengrin

FAO Killy - what’s the mood on Erin? on 11:17 - Feb 1 by Catullus

From 45 til 49 it was them, same thing applies to NATO, it couldn't do anything until it actually existed!

What I’m saying is that NATO is basically the Anglo-American alliance by another name. Other active contributions never really amounted to more than tokenism, window-dressing.

FAO Killy - what’s the mood on Erin? on 13:09 - Feb 1 with 896 viewsHighjack

FAO Killy - what’s the mood on Erin? on 22:08 - Jan 31 by Dr_Winston

I saw a wonderful tweet from some FBPE type saying "my belief in an EU that is a rules based, democratic organisation" and I'll admit that I laughed for about 20 seconds solid.

The EU is a political construct. Designed by politicians to insulate them as much as possible from the whims of those who they nominally represent. Every blow against it is one to be savoured.
[Post edited 31 Jan 2021 22:25]

I imagine it’s easy for the commission to be rules based when they can change the rules on a whim as and when it suits them with no scrutiny or accountability.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

FAO Killy - what’s the mood on Erin? on 20:33 - Feb 1 with 833 viewspikeypaul

At least some of the remoaners are now accepting what a disaster the EU is. The humiliating apology from Labour is a welcome change,although given events they had no choice but apologize.
So funny that the EU has now shown what it really thinks of southern Ireland and how it's prepared to throw it under the bus if it suits them.
Varadkar is looking a bit stupid now and needs to apologize after his comments about us, now not for the first time they have their begging bowls out .Nice to see Bojos compassion and pity for them saying we may give them some, IF we have some left over.

😂😂😂😂😂😂🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧

OUT

AFLI
[Post edited 1 Feb 2021 20:47]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

FAO Killy - what’s the mood on Erin? on 08:10 - Feb 2 with 774 viewsKilkennyjack

Who are you telling to feck off ?
Have a read of Keiths thread.

Good to read stuff before you post.

I did not say solely responsible for keeping the peace in Europe since 1945, did I ?
I said ‘helped’.

Since 1945, one of the developments that has helped keep the peace in Europe is undoubtedly the EU. Closer integration, working and trading together, bringing prosperity, and treating people well in respect to Human Rights and International Law.

And what great European players pulled on the Swans shirt btw.

Its quite silly to suggest otherwise.

🇪🇺🇪🇺🇪🇺🇪🇺

FAO Killy - what’s the mood on Erin? on 08:12 - Feb 2 with 777 viewsKilkennyjack

FAO Killy - what’s the mood on Erin? on 22:24 - Jan 31 by Dr_Winston

I don't doubt it.

I've never met a German I didn't like. They've worked miracles since 1945 to rehabilitate their economy and own reputation only to be scorned for it in a lot of places. Wouldn't be surprised if eventually there was a majority who wanted to give the bird to the rest of Europe.

😂😂

🇪🇺🇪🇺🇩🇪🇩🇪

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024