Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Arriola 19:43 - Feb 1 with 6082 views34dfgdf54

I know I haven’t been the most upbeat on here lately and I apologise for that, but was Morris and Arriola (pending) Cooper’s signings?

Something doesn’t seem right to me. Keith didn’t you mention there will be issues if Morris doesn’t start? I’m assuming it will be the same when we are signing a DC United player.

Arriola on 20:00 - Feb 1 with 3502 viewsKeithHaynes

Morris will get plenty of games I'm sure, Arriola who can say? I thought the links with both players to people who have Swansea City interests was obvious as to who did these deals.
Anyone who thinks differently needs to read it maybe another four times at least.

Im certain if Morris doesn't start there will be issues, what and when Im unsure, but a decent amount of money has changed hands so you would expect some fall out. It could be if he doesn't start playing soon he can go back, it would be disastrous though, he's good enough to do the job and score goals.

Who can say mate, but I am definitely happy with Morris. As is Cooper I am sure.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Arriola on 20:10 - Feb 1 with 3445 viewsthornabyswan

We do need cover for Roberts though I am pretty sure Cooper will pick his best team.

The owners want us in the PL just like all Swans fans and the financial gains are huge for them.

If Robert's gets an injury this could prove to be a good signing we need cover in every position.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Arriola on 20:17 - Feb 1 with 3402 viewsswancity

Arriola on 20:00 - Feb 1 by KeithHaynes

Morris will get plenty of games I'm sure, Arriola who can say? I thought the links with both players to people who have Swansea City interests was obvious as to who did these deals.
Anyone who thinks differently needs to read it maybe another four times at least.

Im certain if Morris doesn't start there will be issues, what and when Im unsure, but a decent amount of money has changed hands so you would expect some fall out. It could be if he doesn't start playing soon he can go back, it would be disastrous though, he's good enough to do the job and score goals.

Who can say mate, but I am definitely happy with Morris. As is Cooper I am sure.

What do you mean by “ issues “ Keith ?

And why ? Have we a serious contractual obligation for him to start a % of games?

That’s a bit concerning if true

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Arriola on 20:18 - Feb 1 with 3395 viewsmax936

Arriola on 20:10 - Feb 1 by thornabyswan

We do need cover for Roberts though I am pretty sure Cooper will pick his best team.

The owners want us in the PL just like all Swans fans and the financial gains are huge for them.

If Robert's gets an injury this could prove to be a good signing we need cover in every position.

Manning could cover Roberts, I find it strange as to why he's not having regular/decent game time, he's a great talent, he needs to play, with new players coming in where does it leave him.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Arriola on 20:19 - Feb 1 with 3388 viewsKeithHaynes

Arriola on 20:17 - Feb 1 by swancity

What do you mean by “ issues “ Keith ?

And why ? Have we a serious contractual obligation for him to start a % of games?

That’s a bit concerning if true

It’s onLy my speculation but if he didn’t play him, there would be issues.

Arriola on 20:22 - Feb 1 with 3364 viewsswancity

Arriola on 20:19 - Feb 1 by KeithHaynes

It’s onLy my speculation but if he didn’t play him, there would be issues.

Hopefully not as you can’t have the tail wagging the dog at a football club. It’ll end in tears.

What makes you sense this ?

Arriola on 20:23 - Feb 1 with 3361 viewsDr_Winston

No manager gets 100% control over the players his club signs. He will be involved in the process, asked for what he needs and the club will go out to acquire them.

They won't all be off a list of players he's worked with before, and it would be worrying if they were, as that would mean our scouting and recruitment department wasn't working.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Arriola on 20:25 - Feb 1 with 3347 viewsswancity

Arriola on 20:23 - Feb 1 by Dr_Winston

No manager gets 100% control over the players his club signs. He will be involved in the process, asked for what he needs and the club will go out to acquire them.

They won't all be off a list of players he's worked with before, and it would be worrying if they were, as that would mean our scouting and recruitment department wasn't working.

No one has said that they did Jobs

The question was about a loan player being guaranteed to start games.

Login to get fewer ads

Arriola on 20:25 - Feb 1 with 3347 viewsKeithHaynes

Arriola on 20:22 - Feb 1 by swancity

Hopefully not as you can’t have the tail wagging the dog at a football club. It’ll end in tears.

What makes you sense this ?

Put it this way, the Americans have driven the deals, if Morris ended up with the game time Gyökeres did it’s my belief it would be problematic. I dont think Cooper would let them dictate any team selection. Arriola is different, he is returning from injury and any involvement would suit him.

Arriola on 20:32 - Feb 1 with 3309 viewshughesy2013

I actually like the look of him and I think he will give us some much needed pace. Looks like hes good in front of goal too... Defo think he will be good to bring of the bench and give us something different.
Arriola on 20:42 - Feb 1 with 3263 viewsfbreath

Let’s hope he’s not the footballer version of Bob Bradley

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

Arriola on 21:00 - Feb 1 with 3187 viewsswancity

Arriola on 20:25 - Feb 1 by KeithHaynes

Put it this way, the Americans have driven the deals, if Morris ended up with the game time Gyökeres did it’s my belief it would be problematic. I dont think Cooper would let them dictate any team selection. Arriola is different, he is returning from injury and any involvement would suit him.

Ok fair enough

Hopefully he’ll be treated the same as everyone else. Such seemingly innocuous things can easily upset the old apple cart can’t they .

Arriola on 21:03 - Feb 1 with 3161 viewsReslovenSwan1

Arriola on 20:42 - Feb 1 by fbreath

Let’s hope he’s not the footballer version of Bob Bradley

Thse two playrs are international mature players with good reputations going on the cheap. Cooper has a budget and discounted available players are bound to be of interest to Cooper I would think.

People within the club including scourts can give full details of the players and good character references. There guys are on a combined £20k aweek not £35k a week for a single young injury prone u20 prsopect like MGW. Both are versatile.

Cooper needs to rotate more and rest Ayew on occasions including subbing him at least once . He is 31.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Arriola on 21:04 - Feb 1 with 3159 viewsBoundy

Arriola on 20:23 - Feb 1 by Dr_Winston

That's understandable but my concern regardfing Morris or any other player playing is I hope he's picked on merit and not because the Club have promised him x amount of time, regardless of his quality

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Arriola on 21:08 - Feb 1 with 3130 viewsKeithHaynes

Arriola on 21:00 - Feb 1 by swancity

Ok fair enough

Hopefully he’ll be treated the same as everyone else. Such seemingly innocuous things can easily upset the old apple cart can’t they .

Absolutely, I think both will add value, as I said Morris especially.

Arriola on 21:12 - Feb 1 with 3096 viewsandypitt56

Certainly makes the bench stronger
Arriola on 21:14 - Feb 1 with 3081 viewsDr_Winston

Arriola on 21:04 - Feb 1 by Boundy

That's understandable but my concern regardfing Morris or any other player playing is I hope he's picked on merit and not because the Club have promised him x amount of time, regardless of his quality

I'm more concerned about him getting enough game time to get used to playing in this league in case we do need to rely on him for a period.

It's not easy for strikers who are used to it to perform in brief cameos off the bench. Someone coming from a different type of football will need minutes on the pitch regardless of any deals otherwise we're hamstringing them from the start.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Arriola on 21:33 - Feb 1 with 2996 viewsKeithHaynes

Having a medical now. Terms agreed.

Arriola on 22:39 - Feb 1 with 2850 viewsReslovenSwan1

Arriola on 21:14 - Feb 1 by Dr_Winston

I'm more concerned about him getting enough game time to get used to playing in this league in case we do need to rely on him for a period.

It's not easy for strikers who are used to it to perform in brief cameos off the bench. Someone coming from a different type of football will need minutes on the pitch regardless of any deals otherwise we're hamstringing them from the start.

One thing the USA teams seemingly exceed UK Championship teams is the quality of their pitches. Perhaps they are mostly synthetic. Swansea were not alone in having a poor surface.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2021 22:41]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Arriola on 22:43 - Feb 1 with 2815 viewsangryjack

Arriola on 21:12 - Feb 1 by andypitt56

Certainly makes the bench stronger

Cooper don't use sub's,,,come on keep up
Arriola on 23:01 - Feb 1 with 2753 viewsBoundy

Arriola on 21:14 - Feb 1 by Dr_Winston

Then its down to Coper to make difficult decisions ( and hopefully not because of injures have been forced upon him ) does he start with Morris ( previously he has kept Lowe on the bench and started with Cullen ) .
For the little I saw of him on Saturday he was certainly willing to get into decent positions but with the current starting 11 you know what you'll get, certainly with Lowe but then why assume its Lowe to make way although again Aye is a good defender ,who'd be a manager

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Arriola on 00:28 - Feb 2 with 2609 viewsMartyrman57

Loan signing confirmed.
Arriola on 07:35 - Feb 2 with 2351 views34dfgdf54

Is this lad the MGW replacement then? Could well be imo. I thought he was Roberts cover originally but obvs not with Freeman also coming in.
Arriola on 08:09 - Feb 2 with 2307 viewsGlastonbury

It will take a few games for Morris / Arriloa to get up to speed. Football selection has a funny way of sorting itself out. Morris will be involved as sub for 3/4 games then 1 of the forwards pick up slight injury / suspension and Morris will play 2/3 games etc. Sometimes Players get their chances by luck and up to them to take it. I’m confident There will be NO president from Owners to play their ‘boys’.
Arriola on 08:10 - Feb 2 with 2306 viewsMoscowJack

Cooper's been given a squad. It's up to him which team he picks. To suggest otherwise is madness.

He's spoken about talking to Morris and others Morris has worked with (before he arrived) and I guess he's done the same with all the other signings.

No player will be guaranteed time. Promotion is too important and valuable for that.

Keeping all these players happy won't be easy, but that's a much better problem to have than to see the team struggling because of injuries, suspensions or covid!

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024