Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wales to ban smoking in certain areas. 15:56 - Feb 21 with 3446 viewsFlashberryjack

I'm a non smoker, but I like a drink, are the WAG turning Wales into a nanny state? and shouldn't they be concentrating on more important things.

The minimum price that’s being set in Wales is 50p per unit of alcohol. A unit of alcohol is 10ml (two teaspoons) of pure alcohol.

Wales to fine parents who smoke at school gates £100
The Welsh Government is introducing stricter new anti-smoking rules on March 1
Smoking outside schools, hospitals or in public playgrounds will be outlawed
People will not be able to smoke in their own home while receiving a service
From March 2022, smoking in hotel bedrooms and guest houses will be banned

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9281079/Wales-bans-smoking-outside-scho

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Wales to ban smoking in certain areas. on 16:00 - Feb 21 with 1910 viewsonehunglow

Good.

Im proud Wales is taking a lead in this filthy habit that kills and maims .

We have to make this deeply anti social a habit

Many died in the 40s50s as film tars all seemed to smoke and look cool. The ling cancer stats are shocking.

Nanny state is needed in some regards to protect people from their own stupidity and from the huge Tobacco industry's death clutches

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Wales to ban smoking in certain areas. on 16:29 - Feb 21 with 1887 viewsNortbankboy

Wales to ban smoking in certain areas. on 16:00 - Feb 21 by onehunglow

Good.

Im proud Wales is taking a lead in this filthy habit that kills and maims .

We have to make this deeply anti social a habit

Many died in the 40s50s as film tars all seemed to smoke and look cool. The ling cancer stats are shocking.

Nanny state is needed in some regards to protect people from their own stupidity and from the huge Tobacco industry's death clutches

They should stop them smoking outside cafes aswell
Wales to ban smoking in certain areas. on 16:33 - Feb 21 with 1882 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Wales to ban smoking in certain areas. on 16:29 - Feb 21 by Nortbankboy

They should stop them smoking outside cafes aswell

And outside the liberty before, half time, and after the match.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Wales to ban smoking in certain areas. on 16:43 - Feb 21 with 1865 viewsCatullus

I'm all for it but will it be enforced? When I'm at the hospital I nearly always see patients and staff smoking. The patients sometimes are trailing their oxygen bottles along too, sat there outside the old main entrance puffing away. I see staff, evident by their lanyards grabbing sneaky fags outside the new building.

This new law, given Drakefords attitude to new covid laws, why bother? Because people will just ignore it.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Wales to ban smoking in certain areas. on 16:44 - Feb 21 with 1863 viewsFlashberryjack

Should they ban smoking and alcohol all together ?

Hello

Wales to ban smoking in certain areas. on 17:15 - Feb 21 with 1833 viewsCatullus

Wales to ban smoking in certain areas. on 16:44 - Feb 21 by Flashberryjack

Should they ban smoking and alcohol all together ?

Imagine the scenario. Wales goes independent. Soon after it riases taxes, it bans alcohol and cigarettes entirely, then raises taxes again to cover the losses.
Drakeford (orr whoever) applies succesfully to join the EU and a hard border comes up between England and Wales. Border security is snowed under on a daily basis with people trying to smuggle beer and fags into Wales, the (significantly smaller) police service cannot keep up and so crime runs rampant.
The Senedd raises petrol taxes to cover other losses and Weslh people are forced out of cars and into walking to work because public transport has become too expensive, due to fuel price rises.
The Senedd privatises public transport, brings down prices but then puts up taxes to pay for it. NHS staff demand a pay rise because of all the tax rises. The Senedd agrees then puts up taxes to pay for it.
The Senedd has to employ more police because of rising crime, then puts up taxes to pay for it.
Cardiff council decides enough is enough and demands an independence referendum saying Wales is too expensive, it throws the Senedd out but nowhere else in Wales wants it. It becomes a travelling circus moving from town to town looking for mugs to pay to have them visit. Welsh local authorities beg Westminster to allow us to rejoin the UK and Westmibster says yes but you'll have to leave the EU.
The EU, having changed the rules, says we cannot legally leave and owe them 6 billion in unpaid fees, they threaten legal action.
Wales declars itself bankrupt and restarts itse;f as Western Great Britain, a brand new country with no ties to the EU, it applies to join the Uk but the English voters say no, they tell us they don't want us because we are broke. The EU no longer wants us because we are broke.
20 years after independence Wales is a post apocalyptic landscape. No gas or electricity, no running water, we have de-evolved into the tribal state we lived in 1000 years ago. Roving gangs raid neighbouring towns and villages, There is no law, no NHS, no schools.
25 years after indy Wales is empty, everybody either died or moved to England, all that's left is a travelling circus wandering from place to place looking for people to exploit.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Wales to ban smoking in certain areas. on 17:18 - Feb 21 with 1832 viewspencoedjack

Wales to ban smoking in certain areas. on 16:43 - Feb 21 by Catullus

I'm all for it but will it be enforced? When I'm at the hospital I nearly always see patients and staff smoking. The patients sometimes are trailing their oxygen bottles along too, sat there outside the old main entrance puffing away. I see staff, evident by their lanyards grabbing sneaky fags outside the new building.

This new law, given Drakefords attitude to new covid laws, why bother? Because people will just ignore it.

I remember bringing my wife out of hospital after cancer treatment & feeling disgusted by people smoking outside the hospital doors .... the worst is seeing a pregnant woman with a fag in her gob.

Do people really smoke outside school gates?

I enjoy a sneaky smoke only when I’m out on a bender, people who are non smokers shouldn’t be subjected to smoking in any way.
Wales to ban smoking in certain areas. on 17:35 - Feb 21 with 1818 viewsJack123

No doubt the council wardens will catch a few, although I do wonder how that is even enforceable, inside a school fair, but outside the school gates?

I can just see the council wardens now, spying on playgrounds hoping that someone lights up.

libera nos a malo

Login to get fewer ads

Wales to ban smoking in certain areas. on 17:38 - Feb 21 with 1813 viewsFlashberryjack

I can understand the reasons why people agree with the smoking ban, there could also be similar reasons why bringing in the minimum price per unit of alcohol, also banning parents from smacking their children, betting could be another they could consider banning.

All this banning concerns me, what would you like it see the wonderful WAG ban next ?

Hello

Wales to ban smoking in certain areas. on 17:38 - Feb 21 with 1812 viewsonehunglow

Wales to ban smoking in certain areas. on 17:18 - Feb 21 by pencoedjack

I remember bringing my wife out of hospital after cancer treatment & feeling disgusted by people smoking outside the hospital doors .... the worst is seeing a pregnant woman with a fag in her gob.

Do people really smoke outside school gates?

I enjoy a sneaky smoke only when I’m out on a bender, people who are non smokers shouldn’t be subjected to smoking in any way.

Yep. Remember my kids being born and wading through the filthy fag ash lols en route.

Wales to ban smoking in certain areas. on 17:39 - Feb 21 with 1812 viewspencoedjack

Wales to ban smoking in certain areas. on 17:35 - Feb 21 by Jack123

No doubt the council wardens will catch a few, although I do wonder how that is even enforceable, inside a school fair, but outside the school gates?

I can just see the council wardens now, spying on playgrounds hoping that someone lights up.

If I ever dropped my grandkids off at school & someone was fagging at the gates I’d ask them to put it out.

I can’t believe people would smoke whilst dropping off or picking up kids .... we are talking junior schools here.
Wales to ban smoking in certain areas. on 17:41 - Feb 21 with 1810 viewsCatullus

Wales to ban smoking in certain areas. on 17:38 - Feb 21 by Flashberryjack

I can understand the reasons why people agree with the smoking ban, there could also be similar reasons why bringing in the minimum price per unit of alcohol, also banning parents from smacking their children, betting could be another they could consider banning.

All this banning concerns me, what would you like it see the wonderful WAG ban next ?

I would like them to ban banning stuff! No more banning.

Wales to ban smoking in certain areas. on 17:49 - Feb 21 with 1802 viewsJack123

Wales to ban smoking in certain areas. on 17:39 - Feb 21 by pencoedjack

If I ever dropped my grandkids off at school & someone was fagging at the gates I’d ask them to put it out.

I can’t believe people would smoke whilst dropping off or picking up kids .... we are talking junior schools here.

That would be fair enough!

ha this thread has reminded me of when I was a kid, and you would get on a bus,and it would be absolutely stinking of smoke.

libera nos a malo

Wales to ban smoking in certain areas. on 17:52 - Feb 21 with 1797 viewsonehunglow

Wales to ban smoking in certain areas. on 17:49 - Feb 21 by Jack123

That would be fair enough!

ha this thread has reminded me of when I was a kid, and you would get on a bus,and it would be absolutely stinking of smoke.

Men were given fags in the wars as they were not expected to live to see the damage it would cause.

I lost 3 uncles to lung cancer all in their 30 s all of whom thought it was a pleasure of life ...until the cancer took hold.

We need to save our kids and do it now.Anything that helps will do me

Wales to ban smoking in certain areas. on 17:54 - Feb 21 with 1795 viewsFlashberryjack

Wales to ban smoking in certain areas. on 17:41 - Feb 21 by Catullus

I would like them to ban banning stuff! No more banning.

I'd go along with that.

Hello

Wales to ban smoking in certain areas. on 17:55 - Feb 21 with 1792 viewsJack123

Wales to ban smoking in certain areas. on 17:52 - Feb 21 by onehunglow

Men were given fags in the wars as they were not expected to live to see the damage it would cause.

I lost 3 uncles to lung cancer all in their 30 s all of whom thought it was a pleasure of life ...until the cancer took hold.

We need to save our kids and do it now.Anything that helps will do me

Fair point, one thing I have noticed is the amount of smokers with young children in cars smoking, I find that disgusting!

libera nos a malo

Wales to ban smoking in certain areas. on 17:56 - Feb 21 with 1790 viewsonehunglow

Wales to ban smoking in certain areas. on 17:54 - Feb 21 by Flashberryjack

I'd go along with that.

In that case they should pay for fag related diseases.Whybshould others pay for them

Wales to ban smoking in certain areas. on 17:57 - Feb 21 with 1791 viewsbuilthjack

Wales to ban smoking in certain areas. on 17:39 - Feb 21 by pencoedjack

I often pick the grandaughter up, and yes, loads of mostly women smoking outside the school gates.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Wales to ban smoking in certain areas. on 18:00 - Feb 21 with 1781 viewsFlashberryjack

Wales to ban smoking in certain areas. on 17:56 - Feb 21 by onehunglow

In that case they should pay for fag related diseases.Whybshould others pay for them

And drinkers that have drink related diseases etc etc.

Hello

Wales to ban smoking in certain areas. on 18:02 - Feb 21 with 1780 viewsJack123

Regarding the minimum price on alcohol, I notice the elections are coming up soon, if Drakeford and his mob were voted out, would the min price per unit be abolished?

libera nos a malo

Wales to ban smoking in certain areas. on 18:13 - Feb 21 with 1765 viewsFlashberryjack

Wales to ban smoking in certain areas. on 18:02 - Feb 21 by Jack123

Regarding the minimum price on alcohol, I notice the elections are coming up soon, if Drakeford and his mob were voted out, would the min price per unit be abolished?

Doubt it, I always bulk buy my spirits in England.

Hello

Wales to ban smoking in certain areas. on 18:14 - Feb 21 with 1764 viewspencoedjack

Wales to ban smoking in certain areas. on 17:57 - Feb 21 by builthjack

I often pick the grandaughter up, and yes, loads of mostly women smoking outside the school gates.

That’s appalling but doesn’t surprise me.
Wales to ban smoking in certain areas. on 18:22 - Feb 21 with 1748 viewsshingle

Disgusting habit, so is vaping nothing worse than one of those weak willed ignorents walking in front of you you and blowing the sh_t out of there lungs straight in your direction, dirty fcukers.
Wales to ban smoking in certain areas. on 18:26 - Feb 21 with 1744 viewsJack123

Wales to ban smoking in certain areas. on 18:13 - Feb 21 by Flashberryjack

Doubt it, I always bulk buy my spirits in England.

That's a shame, I would vote Drakeford out for introducing this min price per unit.

libera nos a malo

Wales to ban smoking in certain areas. on 18:30 - Feb 21 with 1738 viewsonehunglow

Wales to ban smoking in certain areas. on 18:00 - Feb 21 by Flashberryjack

And drinkers that have drink related diseases etc etc.

A good point that .
Do you think they should stop asking if you do smoke
[Post edited 21 Feb 2021 18:31]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024