Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
DANGER! Harmful and offensive Muppets on the loose! 17:26 - Feb 25 with 1661 viewsHighjack

No this isn’t another Drakeford/Welsh Government thread.

It’s the other type of muppet.

The muppet show now comes with a warning about how harmful it is. There’s one particularly dangerous scene where Johnny Cash plays his guitar with a confederate flag in the background. Science has proved that if you look at the confederate flag for even a second with your eyes then you immediately become racist for life. It’s a well known fact that Dr Joseph Mengele was a much loved, well behaved and respected GP until he received a Dukes of Hazzard box set for Christmas 1937.

It’s fantastic that Disney are protecting us from dangerous tv shows like the Muppets. It’s a shame they are relatively silent about the internment camps and mistreatment of people in China despite filming their new Mulan film a few miles away from the camps, but as we’ve seen in football, harmful and racist actions can be ignored when there’s Chinese money to be made.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

DANGER! Harmful and offensive Muppets on the loose! on 19:28 - Feb 25 with 1611 viewsYrAlarch

Yeah but a frog and a pig in love can be perceived as very dangerous.
DANGER! Harmful and offensive Muppets on the loose! on 19:29 - Feb 25 with 1611 viewsLohengrin

Johnny Cash did more in the ‘60s to give a voice to the voiceless, whether that be prisoners, Indians or the destitute than a million so-called liberals and progressives put together.

And he was ever a son of Dixie!

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

DANGER! Harmful and offensive Muppets on the loose! on 20:28 - Feb 25 with 1579 viewsCatullus

DANGER! Harmful and offensive Muppets on the loose! on 19:28 - Feb 25 by YrAlarch

Oi, myself and my wife are very much not dangerous! Not as Dangerous as the bald scientist next door anyway.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

DANGER! Harmful and offensive Muppets on the loose! on 07:01 - Feb 26 with 1511 viewsHighjack

DANGER! Harmful and offensive Muppets on the loose! on 19:28 - Feb 25 by YrAlarch

It was a tumultuous relationship and miss piggy would often snap and karate chop her poor frog spouse across the room in a harmful display of domestic violence.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

DANGER! Harmful and offensive Muppets on the loose! on 07:03 - Feb 26 with 1508 viewsHighjack

DANGER! Harmful and offensive Muppets on the loose! on 19:29 - Feb 25 by Lohengrin

Johnny Cash did more in the ‘60s to give a voice to the voiceless, whether that be prisoners, Indians or the destitute than a million so-called liberals and progressives put together.

He’s clearly a dangerous individual and must be stopped.

DANGER! Harmful and offensive Muppets on the loose! on 09:39 - Feb 26 with 1484 viewsProfessor

DANGER! Harmful and offensive Muppets on the loose! on 07:03 - Feb 26 by Highjack

He’s clearly a dangerous individual and must be stopped.

He has been. Died 18 years ago.
DANGER! Harmful and offensive Muppets on the loose! on 09:49 - Feb 26 with 1479 viewsProfessor

DANGER! Harmful and offensive Muppets on the loose! on 19:29 - Feb 25 by Lohengrin

It's worth pointing out Cash has not been cut out, there is merely a mention at the start of the programmes showing of Disney plus, that there are attitudes and images form the 1970s that may be seen as offensive today.

The flags of the Confederacy are seen by some as representing an unacceptable past. The hard viewpoint is that they are traitorous flags. I'm a little more ambiguous about them, but its clear they are used by some who are considered racist and more in ignorance. So perhaps the warning is a sensible path.

On the other hand the removal of references to Lee I find sad. He himself was not an advocate of slavery and the creation of the National Cemetery on his family's land in Virginia seems penance enough. A remarkable soldier. Removing all reference to the CSA and the Civil War, which of course is far more complex than a single issue around slavery, also denies a huge amount of American History. Some unpleasant, yet other parts that explain why the Northeast and South of the US remain so different and indeed the relative poverty still in the south.
DANGER! Harmful and offensive Muppets on the loose! on 09:53 - Feb 26 with 1478 viewsonehunglow

DANGER! Harmful and offensive Muppets on the loose! on 09:49 - Feb 26 by Professor

It's worth pointing out Cash has not been cut out, there is merely a mention at the start of the programmes showing of Disney plus, that there are attitudes and images form the 1970s that may be seen as offensive today.

The flags of the Confederacy are seen by some as representing an unacceptable past. The hard viewpoint is that they are traitorous flags. I'm a little more ambiguous about them, but its clear they are used by some who are considered racist and more in ignorance. So perhaps the warning is a sensible path.

On the other hand the removal of references to Lee I find sad. He himself was not an advocate of slavery and the creation of the National Cemetery on his family's land in Virginia seems penance enough. A remarkable soldier. Removing all reference to the CSA and the Civil War, which of course is far more complex than a single issue around slavery, also denies a huge amount of American History. Some unpleasant, yet other parts that explain why the Northeast and South of the US remain so different and indeed the relative poverty still in the south.

Always a good read Loh.
You're far too reticent on here of late.
Don't worry about any drivel I publish.

Cash >The name is enough.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Login to get fewer ads

DANGER! Harmful and offensive Muppets on the loose! on 19:12 - Feb 26 with 1441 viewsLohengrin

DANGER! Harmful and offensive Muppets on the loose! on 09:53 - Feb 26 by onehunglow

Always a good read Loh.
You're far too reticent on here of late.
Don't worry about any drivel I publish.

Cash >The name is enough.

Been busy, mate. Up to my eyes in it. Working extra shifts, working on the house and any spare time my shot-to-bits body clock allows me has been spent on the mountains putting the pups through their paces.

I’ve barely had the chance to check in on here of late.

DANGER! Harmful and offensive Muppets on the loose! on 19:31 - Feb 26 with 1420 viewsCatullus

DANGER! Harmful and offensive Muppets on the loose! on 19:12 - Feb 26 by Lohengrin

Been busy, mate. Up to my eyes in it. Working extra shifts, working on the house and any spare time my shot-to-bits body clock allows me has been spent on the mountains putting the pups through their paces.

You haven't missed much. Groundhog day has nothing on us on here!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

DANGER! Harmful and offensive Muppets on the loose! on 19:38 - Feb 26 with 1417 viewsLohengrin

DANGER! Harmful and offensive Muppets on the loose! on 19:31 - Feb 26 by Catullus

You haven't missed much. Groundhog day has nothing on us on here!

DANGER! Harmful and offensive Muppets on the loose! on 19:40 - Feb 26 with 1413 viewsonehunglow

DANGER! Harmful and offensive Muppets on the loose! on 19:12 - Feb 26 by Lohengrin

You can check out anytime you want but you can never leave

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

DANGER! Harmful and offensive Muppets on the loose! on 19:42 - Feb 26 with 1409 viewsLohengrin

DANGER! Harmful and offensive Muppets on the loose! on 19:40 - Feb 26 by onehunglow

You can check out anytime you want but you can never leave

Such a lovely place.

DANGER! Harmful and offensive Muppets on the loose! on 07:58 - Feb 27 with 1355 viewsKeithHaynes

Better update you. We’ve been bought out by the Cardiff City forum, they paid a fair whack. OHL ran the Vietnamese marathon and won a snickers. Cattulus has moved to Monmouth, Risca has opened up an old people’s home for site members over 60, Pencoed led a squad out on manoeuvres in to Ely, reportedly still entrenched at a secret location, Chief sold his car to Israel by mistake, and Trampie has joined the Torys. About nine of the old site posters haven’t returned but not believed missing in action. And Steve Cooper lost his first game as manger for ten weeks and I’ve never seen such a meltdown since the 7-1 defeat at Hartlepool. It’s been quiet mate.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

DANGER! Harmful and offensive Muppets on the loose! on 08:04 - Feb 27 with 1351 viewstrampie

DANGER! Harmful and offensive Muppets on the loose! on 09:49 - Feb 26 by Professor

The union jack is also seen by some as representing an unacceptable past, also monuments to Churchill are seen by some as offensive due to his behaviour to certain classes and certain races, some parallels there to the Confederate flag and General Lee.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

DANGER! Harmful and offensive Muppets on the loose! on 14:07 - Feb 27 with 1306 viewsHighjack

DANGER! Harmful and offensive Muppets on the loose! on 08:04 - Feb 27 by trampie

The union jack is also seen by some as representing an unacceptable past, also monuments to Churchill are seen by some as offensive due to his behaviour to certain classes and certain races, some parallels there to the Confederate flag and General Lee.

Only muppets find that sort of thing offensive.

DANGER! Harmful and offensive Muppets on the loose! on 14:13 - Feb 27 with 1300 viewsLohengrin

DANGER! Harmful and offensive Muppets on the loose! on 07:58 - Feb 27 by KeithHaynes

Better update you. We’ve been bought out by the Cardiff City forum, they paid a fair whack. OHL ran the Vietnamese marathon and won a snickers. Cattulus has moved to Monmouth, Risca has opened up an old people’s home for site members over 60, Pencoed led a squad out on manoeuvres in to Ely, reportedly still entrenched at a secret location, Chief sold his car to Israel by mistake, and Trampie has joined the Torys. About nine of the old site posters haven’t returned but not believed missing in action. And Steve Cooper lost his first game as manger for ten weeks and I’ve never seen such a meltdown since the 7-1 defeat at Hartlepool. It’s been quiet mate.

I don’t know? I turn my back for five minutes and...

DANGER! Harmful and offensive Muppets on the loose! on 14:14 - Feb 27 with 1300 viewstrampie

DANGER! Harmful and offensive Muppets on the loose! on 14:07 - Feb 27 by Highjack

Only muppets find that sort of thing offensive.

Indeed, if the Union Jack gets dissed or Churchill criticised I don't find it offensive, but I take your point that some Muppets will find any negative remarks around the Union Jack and or Churchill as offensive.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

DANGER! Harmful and offensive Muppets on the loose! on 14:18 - Feb 27 with 1291 viewsHighjack

DANGER! Harmful and offensive Muppets on the loose! on 14:13 - Feb 27 by Lohengrin

I don’t know? I turn my back for five minutes and...

Oh yeah kilkennyjack is quoting Guido Fawkes now.

That one is actually true btw.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024