Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trust Issues 10:45 - Feb 27 with 3096 viewsKeithHaynes

I don’t know the chap, but I assume someone does ?

The strong performances make it even harder to sit and watch from home, but credit to Steve Cooper and the players for their efforts in what must sometimes feel like a training exercise (in atmosphere, if not intensity).

Like Swansea’s defence on Wednesday night, the Trust Board is really clicking at the moment with great levels of involvement both in the Trust’s activities and with the club. In the last few weeks we’ve had a number of productive discussions with Julian Winter and Swansea’s Head of Commercial, Rebecca Edwards-Symmons; we have also continued to progress with Trust initiatives at our monthly board meetings and sub-group forums.

As I’ve mentioned previously, a huge part of my work with the Trust has been on modernising how we communicate with fans and members, and the frequency with which we do that.

It’s been great to engage with so many of you through our social media channels — I’ve enjoyed reading your pre-match score predictions on Instagram, some of which have been spot on. It’s clear that the optimism runs pretty deep right now amongst the Jack Army. If you’d like to get involved, you can follow us @SwansTrust.

This increased engagement feels especially important when we aren’t able to meet with you all face to face at the Pod, a position I look forward to taking up with some of my fellow Board Members as soon as it’s safe to do so. Rest assured, I’ll still want those score predictions.

We recognise that social media isn’t for everyone however, and so you can always reach us by email if you have any questions — communications@swanstrust.co.uk. We are always open to hearing your thoughts on what more we can do, so keep those suggestions and comments coming in for us.

Looking backwards to look forwards…

2021 is a year of milestones for the Club and the Supporters’ Trust — 10 years ago we were promoted to the Premier League. 20 years ago, in July, the Swansea City Supporters’ Trust was officially formed. This is a significant milestone, and one we are looking to celebrate throughout the 2021/2022 season — preparations for this are well under way and you will hear more about this throughout the summer.

On the pitch, it was great to see us get back to winning ways against Coventry. It’s fair to say the boys are flying, especially at home, and long may that continue. Ben Cabango has been superb of late, and he is good for his four goals this season — that’s also testament to our great improvement in set pieces.

Bristol City are a team on the up, and another with a new manager. Let’s hope we can do what we did when we last played at home versus a new manager (Watford) — we’ll take a 2-0 win please boys.

Enjoy the game.

Adam

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Trust Issues on 11:17 - Feb 27 with 1805 viewsYrAlarch

Adam Lewis the Social Media co-opted member of the Trust Board?
I don't know him but if he does improve the communication from the SCST then that can only be a good thing. They have not always been at their best on that front.
Trust Issues on 13:32 - Feb 27 with 1752 viewsReslovenSwan1

The Trust need internal review to work out what they are about. It could take advice on this. Communicating for the sake of it is pointless. The Trust with out are purpose in life is worthless. if they say we are here "to protect the club" then they need money and be able to manage money.

They have two options

a) 'The Womens Institute model '

Be a sociable community 'touch feely' group not concerned with things finanacial and with very limited ambition. This is suited for a club in the lower leagues where survival is the only target. In this case have a large holding 21% and no cash in the bank to invest. With this model the Trust is irrelevant as it has no cash. Holding substantial cash holding only makes sense if they are prepared to give it away to local needy causes. Holding it as cash is bonkers as it will be severely eroded by inflation. The sop from the 'Womens Institute model' supporters is that "We are not hedge fund managers ". This is a spook argument to scare those knitting sweaters and quilts. If the club hits hard time and goes bust 21% holding is worthless.

b) A 'dynamic investment' model.

This means accepting the club is a 'big league' player and turning the Trust into a confident "big league " Trust. It has no great expertise in football management so should concentrate on making money. The football club in the higher leagues is a super high risk investment. It could be worth a staggering £40m in 6 months time. These are big figures. They should endeavour to cash in at the top of the market and reinvest in lower risk assets like bonds shares and property. The Trust it seems to me can be whatever it wants to be. If it can be a multi million pound investment body then why would it limit itself? Experts on the constitution can work out the limits.

Legal action appears to be a confused stratey as it wants a low risk cash rich life by going down a super high risk legal route which can be notoriously unpredictable. The combination of super high risk legal case and subsquent super low risk investment will see the Trust do more harm than good to the club and simple go into long term decline as its reserves are eaten by inflation.

Big asperations can mean big charitable donations. The Trust could donate a fixed percentage of it annual income to deserving local causes indpendently or via the Swansea city Charitble Trust.

The work of Huw Jenkins and others have put the Trust in a spot. They are much bigger and more sucessfull than they ever expected to be. The Trust in 2016 was told it needs to stand on its own two feet. It is now 19 year old and need to find a role in life and get a propper job. It can get out and make some serious money or alternatively it can stay and home with Mam and do some knitting.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Trust Issues on 13:44 - Feb 27 with 1743 viewsCatullus

Trust Issues on 13:32 - Feb 27 by ReslovenSwan1

The Trust need internal review to work out what they are about. It could take advice on this. Communicating for the sake of it is pointless. The Trust with out are purpose in life is worthless. if they say we are here "to protect the club" then they need money and be able to manage money.

They have two options

Be a sociable community 'touch feely' group not concerned with things finanacial and with very limited ambition. This is suited for a club in the lower leagues where survival is the only target. In this case have a large holding 21% and no cash in the bank to invest. With this model the Trust is irrelevant as it has no cash. Holding substantial cash holding only makes sense if they are prepared to give it away to local needy causes. Holding it as cash is bonkers as it will be severely eroded by inflation. The sop from the 'Womens Institute model' supporters is that "We are not hedge fund managers ". This is a spook argument to scare those knitting sweaters and quilts. If the club hits hard time and goes bust 21% holding is worthless.

This means accepting the club is a 'big league' player and turning the Trust into a confident "big league " Trust. It has no great expertise in football management so should concentrate on making money. The football club in the higher leagues is a super high risk investment. It could be worth a staggering £40m in 6 months time. These are big figures. They should endeavour to cash in at the top of the market and reinvest in lower risk assets like bonds shares and property. The Trust it seems to me can be whatever it wants to be. If it can be a multi million pound investment body then why would it limit itself? Experts on the constitution can work out the limits.

Legal action appears to be a confused stratey as it wants a low risk cash rich life by going down a super high risk legal route which can be notoriously unpredictable. The combination of super high risk legal case and subsquent super low risk investment will see the Trust do more harm than good to the club and simple go into long term decline as its reserves are eaten by inflation.

Big asperations can mean big charitable donations. The Trust could donate a fixed percentage of it annual income to deserving local causes indpendently or via the Swansea city Charitble Trust.

The work of Huw Jenkins and others have put the Trust in a spot. They are much bigger and more sucessfull than they ever expected to be. The Trust in 2016 was told it needs to stand on its own two feet. It is now 19 year old and need to find a role in life and get a propper job. It can get out and make some serious money or alternatively it can stay and home with Mam and do some knitting.

Oh good grief Res

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Trust Issues on 14:13 - Feb 27 with 1710 viewsJoe_bradshaw

They have two options

Fair play, that’s hilarious.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Trust Issues on 14:27 - Feb 27 with 1689 viewsYrAlarch

Trust Issues on 13:44 - Feb 27 by Catullus

Oh good grief Res

Who mentioned the Trust?!!!!
Trust Issues on 15:23 - Feb 27 with 1638 viewsChief

They have two options

****RANDOM UNWARRANTED DIG AT SUPPORTERS TRUST ALERT****

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Trust Issues on 17:18 - Feb 27 with 1585 viewsReslovenSwan1

Trust Issues on 15:23 - Feb 27 by Chief

I am not even having a dig at the Trust. If they want to be unimportant and poor that is their choice. The days of being irrelevant are over. They have outgrown their previuous status. They are imortant because they have a high asset value worth milllions.

I am actually communicatiing and discussing options in a pro active way. No one wants to discuss the future? That is communicating. They need to take advice on strategy and aims. Increasing their holding in the Championship and above is not viable.

Trust Issues on 17:37 - Feb 27 with 1576 viewsChief

Trust Issues on 17:18 - Feb 27 by ReslovenSwan1

I am not even having a dig at the Trust. If they want to be unimportant and poor that is their choice. The days of being irrelevant are over. They have outgrown their previuous status. They are imortant because they have a high asset value worth milllions.

I am actually communicatiing and discussing options in a pro active way. No one wants to discuss the future? That is communicating. They need to take advice on strategy and aims. Increasing their holding in the Championship and above is not viable.

And you reply saying you weren't having a dig at the trust.....

By having a dig at the trust!

Login to get fewer ads

Trust Issues on 17:38 - Feb 27 with 1575 viewsChief

Trust Issues on 17:18 - Feb 27 by ReslovenSwan1

Trust Issues on 13:32 - Feb 28 with 1461 viewsReslovenSwan1

Trust Issues on 17:38 - Feb 27 by Chief

The Trust takes months and months to come to decisions which is not good in fast moving business.

For example in Summer of 2016 it agreed to enter talks with the US owners about settling issues and selling 5% of the shares. For that they needed a mandate. Talks did not start for about a year after that once mandate was achived and if you add on the 4 months of negiociations thais is 16 months . The world had changed in that time.

Clearly a new faster way of voting is required by phone or laptop. Each member could presumably have a pin and voting can be real time with a decsion in a matter of a few days.

Crickey the help I am giving you members is something. I am have a conversation with myself. I hope Adam is taking notes as the members themselves have little to offer it appears.

Trust Issues on 14:49 - Feb 28 with 1435 viewsYrAlarch

Trust Issues on 13:32 - Feb 28 by ReslovenSwan1

The Trust takes months and months to come to decisions which is not good in fast moving business.

For example in Summer of 2016 it agreed to enter talks with the US owners about settling issues and selling 5% of the shares. For that they needed a mandate. Talks did not start for about a year after that once mandate was achived and if you add on the 4 months of negiociations thais is 16 months . The world had changed in that time.

Clearly a new faster way of voting is required by phone or laptop. Each member could presumably have a pin and voting can be real time with a decsion in a matter of a few days.

Crickey the help I am giving you members is something. I am have a conversation with myself. I hope Adam is taking notes as the members themselves have little to offer it appears.

So why not join the Trust and put that dyslexic keyboard of yours to good use. That way you don't have to have a conversation with yourself.
Trust Issues on 15:16 - Feb 28 with 1423 viewsChief

Trust Issues on 17:10 - Feb 28 with 1390 viewsReslovenSwan1

Trust Issues on 14:49 - Feb 28 by YrAlarch

So why not join the Trust and put that dyslexic keyboard of yours to good use. That way you don't have to have a conversation with yourself.

I will not even consider it when the Trust is considering legal action against the people that did so much for the club.

Trust Issues on 20:25 - Feb 28 with 1347 viewsCatullus

Putting aside the fact the trust has rules it has to follow you also (AGAIN) ignore that the US owners withdrew their offer.

The trust takes months you say, governments take years, businesses are only quick when it suits them.

This is the last time I'll bother. The tedium is overwhelming.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Trust Issues on 11:43 - Mar 1 with 1284 viewsReslovenSwan1

Trust Issues on 20:25 - Feb 28 by Catullus

Putting aside the fact the trust has rules it has to follow you also (AGAIN) ignore that the US owners withdrew their offer.

The trust takes months you say, governments take years, businesses are only quick when it suits them.

This is the last time I'll bother. The tedium is overwhelming.

The Trust have not resolved the issue of the non sale of their share in 2016. It has lasted longer than Brexit and is still 'on going' . Chief laughably says it is "making good progress".

Trust Issues on 12:32 - Mar 1 with 1264 viewsChief

Trust Issues on 11:43 - Mar 1 by ReslovenSwan1

The Trust have not resolved the issue of the non sale of their share in 2016. It has lasted longer than Brexit and is still 'on going' . Chief laughably says it is "making good progress".

I'm just quoting what I read in trust updates.

I see you're completely ignoring the post you have replied to. And you know exactly why its taken this long. But this is your latest stick to beat them with.

As i keep saying don't worry about it, if you're so confident that the trust will lose (or not even go to court, which is interestingly one of your latest tactics) and your buddies will be unscathed and theres no need for your propaganda campaign.

Trust Issues on 18:02 - Mar 1 with 1214 viewsReslovenSwan1

Trust Issues on 12:32 - Mar 1 by Chief

I'm just quoting what I read in trust updates.

I see you're completely ignoring the post you have replied to. And you know exactly why its taken this long. But this is your latest stick to beat them with.

As i keep saying don't worry about it, if you're so confident that the trust will lose (or not even go to court, which is interestingly one of your latest tactics) and your buddies will be unscathed and theres no need for your propaganda campaign.

I assume its taking so long because the logistics of the action has been severely underestimated by the promoters and members. Funding is more complicated because perhaps the case is not a strong as members were given to believe.

I have no buddies at the club and do not do propoganda. I just give my opinions which are common sense and do not follow the crowd. The Trust will be worse off even if they win. The case only makes sense if Swansea is a league 2 club. The Trust have shown no aptitude towards sensible investment so money is no use to them in their existing form.
[Post edited 1 Mar 2021 18:16]

Trust Issues on 18:24 - Mar 1 with 1197 viewsChief

Trust Issues on 18:02 - Mar 1 by ReslovenSwan1

I assume its taking so long because the logistics of the action has been severely underestimated by the promoters and members. Funding is more complicated because perhaps the case is not a strong as members were given to believe.

I have no buddies at the club and do not do propoganda. I just give my opinions which are common sense and do not follow the crowd. The Trust will be worse off even if they win. The case only makes sense if Swansea is a league 2 club. The Trust have shown no aptitude towards sensible investment so money is no use to them in their existing form.
[Post edited 1 Mar 2021 18:16]

Why wouldn't it be as strong as they believe? Are you ignoring the words of the QC?

No, this is entirely propaganda, you've virtually admitted so yourself. There's been no actual event or update for you to prompt repeatedly going over this old ground, but you do so at every conceivable opportunity.

Trust Issues on 18:35 - Mar 1 with 1189 viewsReslovenSwan1

Trust Issues on 18:24 - Mar 1 by Chief

Why wouldn't it be as strong as they believe? Are you ignoring the words of the QC?

No, this is entirely propaganda, you've virtually admitted so yourself. There's been no actual event or update for you to prompt repeatedly going over this old ground, but you do so at every conceivable opportunity.

QC said it was last resort. There are clearly many other roads to go down which are a whole lot better for the Trust. This includes working closely in harmony with the US owners. The objectives of the Trust and the US owners are the same.

Trust Issues on 19:11 - Mar 1 with 1182 viewsChief

Trust Issues on 18:35 - Mar 1 by ReslovenSwan1

QC said it was last resort. There are clearly many other roads to go down which are a whole lot better for the Trust. This includes working closely in harmony with the US owners. The objectives of the Trust and the US owners are the same.

Is that exactly what the QC said?

Trust Issues on 19:58 - Mar 1 with 1158 viewsGaryjack

So instead of refusing to join the trust whilst legal action is ongoing, Maybe join up and try to convince them that your way is best, as you try your utmost to do on this forum.
You never know, you could forever be known as a true pioneer of change within the organisation whereby the trust retain their shareholding and have millions of pounds from investments in global markets? Just a thought, go for it!
Trust Issues on 20:02 - Mar 1 with 1154 viewsGaryjack

Trust Issues on 19:11 - Mar 1 by Chief

Is that exactly what the QC said?

I'm pretty sure they did, except that he missed out the bit that "All other options should be explored first"!
Trust Issues on 01:40 - Mar 2 with 1100 viewsNotLoyal

It's very hard to work in harmony when you know the very people you will work with were a part of the problem that caused the legal action. Allegedly.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Trust Issues on 06:46 - Mar 2 with 1065 viewsChief

Trust Issues on 20:02 - Mar 1 by Garyjack

I'm pretty sure they did, except that he missed out the bit that "All other options should be explored first"!

Yea and the most key bit of all which I'm sure was an innocent oversight by Resolven.....

Trust Issues on 09:52 - Mar 2 with 1024 viewsonehunglow

And exactly what are they?

Is there any evidence of that ?

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024