Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"Steve Cooper tells Swansea City's players to put fatigue to one side..&quo 17:19 - Mar 1 with 6915 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

From the article:

Cooper has brushed off questions about whether his team is tired.

"It doesn't matter," he said.

"It doesn't matter if they are (tired) or they are not - it's the season and the schedule we are in.

"Even if they are, it doesn't mean you can't play well and win, so it's irrelevant really whether they are or they aren't."

------------------------------------

I'd like to see the reactions of some of the players after reading that.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56244906

[Post edited 1 Mar 2021 17:28]

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

"Steve Cooper tells Swansea City's players to put fatigue to one side..& on 17:31 - Apr 7 with 841 viewsJack59

"Steve Cooper tells Swansea City's players to put fatigue to one side..& on 14:38 - Apr 7 by vetchonian

I really do not get these cooments about players suffering from fatigue

They are so called professional athletes who train and condition to play the sport.

They play at worst 3 hrss of foot ball per week in two i.5hr mins bursts with at least 72hrs "rest" between.
Even during those 1.5 hrs they are not charging around at full pelt for the duration

I have spoken about this before ...talk to old pros playing on heavier pitches, heavier boots, no special diet regimes no medical science a "physio" who had a bucket and cold sponge!!!

But more so how anyone claims fatigue for footballers...fatigue is what those in the NHS suffer from working 12 hours all PPE d up with maybe 8 hours kip at best between shifts and grabbing whatever they can to refuel on.

Seriously if players are claiming fatigue they need to look at themselves too...but its easy for folks on here to jump on the fatigue wagon to hit Cooper with due his lack of rotation and use of subs. Jamal didnt look fatigued when on international duty!!

You don't have to watch our recent performances too closely to see that we lack the energy that was on display early in the season. Having said that, I do wonder what proportion of that missing energy is physical, and what proportion is psychological.
I tend to agree with a few of your comments, and I think too much of this could be in the mindset of the squad.
"Steve Cooper tells Swansea City's players to put fatigue to one side..& on 18:43 - Apr 7 with 830 viewsjasper_T

"Steve Cooper tells Swansea City's players to put fatigue to one side..& on 14:38 - Apr 7 by vetchonian

I really do not get these cooments about players suffering from fatigue

They are so called professional athletes who train and condition to play the sport.

They play at worst 3 hrss of foot ball per week in two i.5hr mins bursts with at least 72hrs "rest" between.
Even during those 1.5 hrs they are not charging around at full pelt for the duration

I have spoken about this before ...talk to old pros playing on heavier pitches, heavier boots, no special diet regimes no medical science a "physio" who had a bucket and cold sponge!!!

But more so how anyone claims fatigue for footballers...fatigue is what those in the NHS suffer from working 12 hours all PPE d up with maybe 8 hours kip at best between shifts and grabbing whatever they can to refuel on.

Seriously if players are claiming fatigue they need to look at themselves too...but its easy for folks on here to jump on the fatigue wagon to hit Cooper with due his lack of rotation and use of subs. Jamal didnt look fatigued when on international duty!!

You get that high level sport is competition, right? It's not a binary "should they feel tired" yes/no. It's relative to the opposition, not people working long hours in different fields, or old pros having a smoke at half time and a drink in the clubhouse after the game. Players run further, faster, with more frequent high intensity actions every game than they did in the old days. And this season the congestion has limited recovery time.

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/english-soccer/ken-early-the-game-has-ch

Sorry, Steve, but telling the players to ignore simply fatigue because other people have it worse is just daft, old school thinking that won't cut it in the modern professional game. We're not asking them to complete a shift, the job is to perform at a high level and win matches.
"Steve Cooper tells Swansea City's players to put fatigue to one side..& on 19:17 - Apr 7 with 820 views34dfgdf54

"Steve Cooper tells Swansea City's players to put fatigue to one side..& on 18:43 - Apr 7 by jasper_T

You get that high level sport is competition, right? It's not a binary "should they feel tired" yes/no. It's relative to the opposition, not people working long hours in different fields, or old pros having a smoke at half time and a drink in the clubhouse after the game. Players run further, faster, with more frequent high intensity actions every game than they did in the old days. And this season the congestion has limited recovery time.

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/english-soccer/ken-early-the-game-has-ch

Sorry, Steve, but telling the players to ignore simply fatigue because other people have it worse is just daft, old school thinking that won't cut it in the modern professional game. We're not asking them to complete a shift, the job is to perform at a high level and win matches.

It’s crazy some people think this is a kick around up the park.
"Steve Cooper tells Swansea City's players to put fatigue to one side..& on 19:18 - Apr 7 with 817 views34dfgdf54

"Steve Cooper tells Swansea City's players to put fatigue to one side..& on 15:37 - Apr 7 by Dr_Parnassus

Well that’s the only position he would really play. Or do you want Freeman to play in any position where you believe a player is tired?

I think you need to decide what your opinion is before we continue discussing it, I’m not even certain you know what it is you are/have been wanting.

What are you rambling on about Freeman and Roberts for?

If Roberts needed a break, I’d put Naughton out there with Cabango going into the 3. If we are playing 4, it’s Naughton again. We got options.

I’ll repeat once more. Freeman is third choice.
[Post edited 7 Apr 2021 19:26]
"Steve Cooper tells Swansea City's players to put fatigue to one side..& on 20:08 - Apr 7 with 796 viewsvetchonian

"Steve Cooper tells Swansea City's players to put fatigue to one side..& on 19:17 - Apr 7 by 34dfgdf54

and im not saying as such...its their profession....yes its high level sport but its 90 mins and its va ked by science and trajning regimes etc....i actually kbow a lit about whag is involved behind the scenes in pro football.but to be honest this crap over fatigue in players is over hyped.yes its "TOP LEVEL" sport but im sorry if a pro sportsmam is tired after working for 3 hrs a week then they are not fit....dont forget due to the schedule i doubt thete has been much actual physical training this season so actually they are probably putting on less physical effirt rhan normal.
tgats the problem today prima donnas...as i said the human body is capable of stress and strain...NHS workers ate a testament to that.
Also what Cooper was saying was it is what it is we have to deal with it..take a srep back and think ...ive pkated spoeys at a high level whislt akso putting in more rhan 40 hours a week in my day job....its not rhe same but i bever remember having fatigue....oh and bo kne checkibg my body condurion,nassagi g ne or a diet regime

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

"Steve Cooper tells Swansea City's players to put fatigue to one side..& on 20:30 - Apr 7 with 786 viewsJack59

"Steve Cooper tells Swansea City's players to put fatigue to one side..& on 18:43 - Apr 7 by jasper_T

I think there are still questions to be answered about mental strength, and the part that may play on physical demands. Some players may be much stronger mentally than others, and I wouldn't necessarily accept that there's no way of improving that.
I remember Tommy Hutchison in our midfield at 42 and covering every blade of grass, other players in their twenties looked sluggish by comparison, that ability used to be described as having a big heart by commentators. John Cornforth was another one

IMO we could certainly do with some mental strength now and the physical benefit that it would deliver.
"Steve Cooper tells Swansea City's players to put fatigue to one side..& on 21:55 - Apr 7 with 771 views34dfgdf54

"Steve Cooper tells Swansea City's players to put fatigue to one side..& on 20:08 - Apr 7 by vetchonian

and im not saying as such...its their profession....yes its high level sport but its 90 mins and its va ked by science and trajning regimes etc....i actually kbow a lit about whag is involved behind the scenes in pro football.but to be honest this crap over fatigue in players is over hyped.yes its "TOP LEVEL" sport but im sorry if a pro sportsmam is tired after working for 3 hrs a week then they are not fit....dont forget due to the schedule i doubt thete has been much actual physical training this season so actually they are probably putting on less physical effirt rhan normal.
tgats the problem today prima donnas...as i said the human body is capable of stress and strain...NHS workers ate a testament to that.
Also what Cooper was saying was it is what it is we have to deal with it..take a srep back and think ...ive pkated spoeys at a high level whislt akso putting in more rhan 40 hours a week in my day job....its not rhe same but i bever remember having fatigue....oh and bo kne checkibg my body condurion,nassagi g ne or a diet regime

What sport have you played at a high level? What are you classing as high level if you don’t mind me asking.
"Steve Cooper tells Swansea City's players to put fatigue to one side..& on 22:45 - Apr 7 with 760 viewsjasper_T

"Steve Cooper tells Swansea City's players to put fatigue to one side..& on 20:30 - Apr 7 by Jack59

I think there are still questions to be answered about mental strength, and the part that may play on physical demands. Some players may be much stronger mentally than others, and I wouldn't necessarily accept that there's no way of improving that.
I remember Tommy Hutchison in our midfield at 42 and covering every blade of grass, other players in their twenties looked sluggish by comparison, that ability used to be described as having a big heart by commentators. John Cornforth was another one

IMO we could certainly do with some mental strength now and the physical benefit that it would deliver.

Almost like there would be tremendous benefit to helping the "mentally weak" players we have through tough times rather than just telling them to get on with it because the NHS have it worse of whatever. Good coaches get the best out of the players at their disposal. Talented players who can play 90+ minutes a week indefinitely without any drop in standards are rare indeed.

We've got lads who are properly obsessive about the gym and haven't had a drink in their lives being branded "primadonnas" who aren't working hard enough because they can't maintain standards into the final quarter of a compressed 46 game season (plus cups and internationals). Personally I think a few were digging deep into their "mental strength" back before Christmas.
Login to get fewer ads

"Steve Cooper tells Swansea City's players to put fatigue to one side..& on 23:29 - Apr 7 with 753 viewsDr_Parnassus

"Steve Cooper tells Swansea City's players to put fatigue to one side..& on 19:18 - Apr 7 by 34dfgdf54

What are you rambling on about Freeman and Roberts for?

If Roberts needed a break, I’d put Naughton out there with Cabango going into the 3. If we are playing 4, it’s Naughton again. We got options.

I’ll repeat once more. Freeman is third choice.
[Post edited 7 Apr 2021 19:26]

So you wouldn’t play Freeman either then.

Ok well that’s one down.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

"Steve Cooper tells Swansea City's players to put fatigue to one side..& on 01:08 - Apr 8 with 732 viewsDr_Parnassus

"Steve Cooper tells Swansea City's players to put fatigue to one side..& on 19:17 - Apr 7 by 34dfgdf54

48 hours for recovery from a performance stand point and up to 72 or even 96 hours between matches for professional players to replenish certain biochemical markers according to studies. Anything after that has shown little to no benefit.

4 days maximum.

Training during season is geared to that notion where it’s mostly recovery and match prep during the week and reviews of the last and not anything strenuous. Fitness training is done pre season not during.

So any games that are within 4 days of each-other, players may feel some effects of fatigue (although some or even most will fully recover much faster). But again given 4 days from the next strenuous physical activity and they should be fine again. You don’t continue to be tired forever as seems to be suggested here - even after a 2 week break as many have just had, which is just bizarre.

So what you have to balance is the negative impact on the team performance by playing worse players against the negative impact on the team playing players within that 4 day period who may show some signs of fatigue.

We played many of our less talented or experienced players against Preston due to it coming less than 96 hours before the last and we saw no real benefit, it was quite possibly one of our worst showings to date. Yet some of our best performances have come in games within that 96 hour period. (2-0 win vs Stoke, 2-0 win vs Cardiff and 2-0 win vs Barnsley spring to mind).

Recently we have clearly been rotating when a match comes within that 96 hour period and the results have been very mixed. That’s a third and sometimes half our team being changed.

- Swansea 2-1 Boro (rotated, 3 starter changes)
- Luton 0-1 Swansea (rotated 5 starter changes)
- Swansea 0-1 Cardiff (rotated, 4 starter changes)
- Swansea 0-1 Preston (rotated, 4 starter changes)

If someone can be bothered, I would be interested to see a list of all of the games within this 4 day criteria of the one before, and compare rotation results vs non rotation results. I would class 3 changes or more as rotation personally. I have a feeling we may be far weaker when we rotate due to the gulf in ability between our bench and our starters.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2021 1:25]

"Steve Cooper tells Swansea City's players to put fatigue to one side..& on 03:23 - Apr 8 with 721 viewsJack59

"Steve Cooper tells Swansea City's players to put fatigue to one side..& on 22:45 - Apr 7 by jasper_T

Almost like there would be tremendous benefit to helping the "mentally weak" players we have through tough times rather than just telling them to get on with it because the NHS have it worse of whatever. Good coaches get the best out of the players at their disposal. Talented players who can play 90+ minutes a week indefinitely without any drop in standards are rare indeed.

We've got lads who are properly obsessive about the gym and haven't had a drink in their lives being branded "primadonnas" who aren't working hard enough because they can't maintain standards into the final quarter of a compressed 46 game season (plus cups and internationals). Personally I think a few were digging deep into their "mental strength" back before Christmas.

I don't think footballers getting to this level of the professional game now would be 'mentally weak' but I do think some will be much stronger individuals than others. There won't be any change to this until our squad is full of Androids.
In over 50 seasons of watching the Swans, I've seen many talented players, some with questionable attitude, and some who too often displayed negative body language, even when games were still there to be won.
I firmly believe the poor performances I'm seeing on the pitch at the moment are more due to mental deficiencies than physical, It could also be that 1 or 2 influential players in the squad are having a disproportionately negative impact on others. I'm sure that Coaches at all levels would candidly give examples of this happening.
"Steve Cooper tells Swansea City's players to put fatigue to one side..& on 07:36 - Apr 8 with 703 views34dfgdf54

"Steve Cooper tells Swansea City's players to put fatigue to one side..& on 23:29 - Apr 7 by Dr_Parnassus

So you wouldn’t play Freeman either then.

Ok well that’s one down.

making things up as you go along, as per usual.
"Steve Cooper tells Swansea City's players to put fatigue to one side..& on 07:38 - Apr 8 with 699 viewsDr_Parnassus

"Steve Cooper tells Swansea City's players to put fatigue to one side..& on 07:36 - Apr 8 by 34dfgdf54

making things up as you go along, as per usual.

What did I make up?

"Steve Cooper tells Swansea City's players to put fatigue to one side..& on 07:40 - Apr 8 with 694 views34dfgdf54

"Steve Cooper tells Swansea City's players to put fatigue to one side..& on 07:38 - Apr 8 by Dr_Parnassus

What did I make up?

You've gone on a tirade about Freeman, first saying I would pick him over Roberts (never said anything of the sort), now you are saying I wouldn't play him.

I'll spell it out for you once more.

He iS tHird ChOice.
"Steve Cooper tells Swansea City's players to put fatigue to one side..& on 07:47 - Apr 8 with 688 viewsDr_Parnassus

"Steve Cooper tells Swansea City's players to put fatigue to one side..& on 07:40 - Apr 8 by 34dfgdf54

You've gone on a tirade about Freeman, first saying I would pick him over Roberts (never said anything of the sort), now you are saying I wouldn't play him.

I'll spell it out for you once more.

He iS tHird ChOice.

I didn't say you would, I said you may. Big difference.

You are talking about rotation and said Freeman was part of the Sheff Utd team. But it turns out you wouldn't have played him either.

So now we are back to the Americans that are in their off season. It gets more bizarre by the post.

"Steve Cooper tells Swansea City's players to put fatigue to one side..& on 07:54 - Apr 8 with 689 views34dfgdf54

"Steve Cooper tells Swansea City's players to put fatigue to one side..& on 07:47 - Apr 8 by Dr_Parnassus

I didn't say you would, I said you may. Big difference.

You are talking about rotation and said Freeman was part of the Sheff Utd team. But it turns out you wouldn't have played him either.

So now we are back to the Americans that are in their off season. It gets more bizarre by the post.

The only thing I agree with there, is yes it is getting more bizzare with every post.

If Roberts needs a rest, which to be honest has only been recently due to his freakish like cardio, I would change Coopers preferred 3 centre halves slightly and put Cabango in, another full welsh international, would walk into most sides in this league and put Naughton to RWB.

If we are playing 4 at the back, I would again go Naughton. If Naughton gets injured then we have a third choice defender who has experience of getting promotion from this league. I quote Steve Cooper:

“We’re really happy that Kerion’s joined us. It happened later than we would have liked, but it’s done now and we’ve got good strength in depth on the right.

“The more players you can bring in with the experience of winning promotion the better. Kieron really does that.
"Steve Cooper tells Swansea City's players to put fatigue to one side..& on 07:59 - Apr 8 with 684 viewsDr_Parnassus

"Steve Cooper tells Swansea City's players to put fatigue to one side..& on 07:54 - Apr 8 by 34dfgdf54

The only thing I agree with there, is yes it is getting more bizzare with every post.

If Roberts needs a rest, which to be honest has only been recently due to his freakish like cardio, I would change Coopers preferred 3 centre halves slightly and put Cabango in, another full welsh international, would walk into most sides in this league and put Naughton to RWB.

If we are playing 4 at the back, I would again go Naughton. If Naughton gets injured then we have a third choice defender who has experience of getting promotion from this league. I quote Steve Cooper:

“We’re really happy that Kerion’s joined us. It happened later than we would have liked, but it’s done now and we’ve got good strength in depth on the right.

“The more players you can bring in with the experience of winning promotion the better. Kieron really does that.

Right so neither us or Cooper would have played Freeman up to this point then. So that's something we both agree with Cooper on.

Arriola and Morris both picked up injuries after their MLS seasons, so clearly not prime candidates to be playing when we are talking about changes due to fatigue.

As my post above showed, in our last 4 games where we have had games close together (shorter than the optimum 4 days recovery) we have rotated heavily.

Which games are you suggesting we should have rotated prior to those specifically?

"Steve Cooper tells Swansea City's players to put fatigue to one side..& on 08:16 - Apr 8 with 683 views34dfgdf54

"Steve Cooper tells Swansea City's players to put fatigue to one side..& on 07:59 - Apr 8 by Dr_Parnassus

Right so neither us or Cooper would have played Freeman up to this point then. So that's something we both agree with Cooper on.

Arriola and Morris both picked up injuries after their MLS seasons, so clearly not prime candidates to be playing when we are talking about changes due to fatigue.

As my post above showed, in our last 4 games where we have had games close together (shorter than the optimum 4 days recovery) we have rotated heavily.

Which games are you suggesting we should have rotated prior to those specifically?

Yes you're correct for a change, it just highlights the options are Coopers disposal.

Ariolla and Morris should have played more minutes definitely, for example how he didn't start he Huddersfield game I will never know. He ended up coming on at half time and doing his knee ligament unfortunately, just one of those things.

From the start of season the schedule has been brutal. The squad was in desperate need of rotation in the mid part of the season. I pointed this out on here, which you replied by using Brentford as an example why we have done the right thing due to their successes. Well what do you know, it's gone horribly wrong for both. I just like highlighting the things you have been spectacularly wrong about, which is becoming a bit of a habit lately is it not?

We have rotated heavily last four games, but the damage has been done. When our most experienced player and leader in the changing room is going live on sky telling everyone that the squad is exhausted, that says it all. Again, I'll quote Steve Cooper.

“We had to bring in bodies, now we’ve done that it’s about putting it all together.”

He has failed in doing that.
"Steve Cooper tells Swansea City's players to put fatigue to one side..& on 08:24 - Apr 8 with 678 viewsDr_Parnassus

"Steve Cooper tells Swansea City's players to put fatigue to one side..& on 08:16 - Apr 8 by 34dfgdf54

Yes you're correct for a change, it just highlights the options are Coopers disposal.

Ariolla and Morris should have played more minutes definitely, for example how he didn't start he Huddersfield game I will never know. He ended up coming on at half time and doing his knee ligament unfortunately, just one of those things.

From the start of season the schedule has been brutal. The squad was in desperate need of rotation in the mid part of the season. I pointed this out on here, which you replied by using Brentford as an example why we have done the right thing due to their successes. Well what do you know, it's gone horribly wrong for both. I just like highlighting the things you have been spectacularly wrong about, which is becoming a bit of a habit lately is it not?

We have rotated heavily last four games, but the damage has been done. When our most experienced player and leader in the changing room is going live on sky telling everyone that the squad is exhausted, that says it all. Again, I'll quote Steve Cooper.

“We had to bring in bodies, now we’ve done that it’s about putting it all together.”

He has failed in doing that.

I can't remember a time when I wasn't.

He came on at half time yes, 1-1. With him there we collapsed and found ourselves 4-1 down in 10 mins. Hardly screams something we were missing. Although I am sure given time he would have adapted and been a useful player, sadly time was not a luxury he had.

Ariolla I have major doubts over whether he could cut it at this level, there is a reason he is at his age and still playing for one of the worst teams in the MLS. He also got injured, a muscle injury which suggests he may well not have been in the right phase of the season to be playing more minutes - as Cooper stated.

Spectacularly wrong? Where? I don't do ''wrong'' let alone spectacularly so.

I will repeat, 4 days it takes for a professional footballer to recover from a match, max. Since March we have been rotating heavily when matches fall within this time frame, it hasn't proved to be too fruitful.

Prior to March what matches didn't we rotate that you think we should have specifically?

"Steve Cooper tells Swansea City's players to put fatigue to one side..& on 09:42 - Apr 8 with 671 views34dfgdf54

"Steve Cooper tells Swansea City's players to put fatigue to one side..& on 08:24 - Apr 8 by Dr_Parnassus

I can't remember a time when I wasn't.

He came on at half time yes, 1-1. With him there we collapsed and found ourselves 4-1 down in 10 mins. Hardly screams something we were missing. Although I am sure given time he would have adapted and been a useful player, sadly time was not a luxury he had.

Ariolla I have major doubts over whether he could cut it at this level, there is a reason he is at his age and still playing for one of the worst teams in the MLS. He also got injured, a muscle injury which suggests he may well not have been in the right phase of the season to be playing more minutes - as Cooper stated.

Spectacularly wrong? Where? I don't do ''wrong'' let alone spectacularly so.

I will repeat, 4 days it takes for a professional footballer to recover from a match, max. Since March we have been rotating heavily when matches fall within this time frame, it hasn't proved to be too fruitful.

Prior to March what matches didn't we rotate that you think we should have specifically?

Yeah I remember that game, Cabango came on half time with him, so it's not a good example for you really is it?

Completely different season than usual which needed smart management. Again, no one has said heavy rotation, just minutes shared out, it was clear to anyone that players were running on empty, especially attacking players like Lowe, Ayew and Bidwell.
"Steve Cooper tells Swansea City's players to put fatigue to one side..& on 09:45 - Apr 8 with 665 viewsDr_Parnassus

"Steve Cooper tells Swansea City's players to put fatigue to one side..& on 09:42 - Apr 8 by 34dfgdf54

Yeah I remember that game, Cabango came on half time with him, so it's not a good example for you really is it?

Completely different season than usual which needed smart management. Again, no one has said heavy rotation, just minutes shared out, it was clear to anyone that players were running on empty, especially attacking players like Lowe, Ayew and Bidwell.

Yes it is a perfect example. Cabango has a better record in our side than any other defender. Does Morris have the same to go off as an attacker?

So again. Which games prior to March do you think we should have rotated but didn't when we have had games within that 96 hour window?

"Steve Cooper tells Swansea City's players to put fatigue to one side..& on 10:06 - Apr 8 with 660 viewsjasper_T

"Steve Cooper tells Swansea City's players to put fatigue to one side..& on 03:23 - Apr 8 by Jack59

I don't think footballers getting to this level of the professional game now would be 'mentally weak' but I do think some will be much stronger individuals than others. There won't be any change to this until our squad is full of Androids.
In over 50 seasons of watching the Swans, I've seen many talented players, some with questionable attitude, and some who too often displayed negative body language, even when games were still there to be won.
I firmly believe the poor performances I'm seeing on the pitch at the moment are more due to mental deficiencies than physical, It could also be that 1 or 2 influential players in the squad are having a disproportionately negative impact on others. I'm sure that Coaches at all levels would candidly give examples of this happening.

Fatigue effects players mentally as well as physically - it's all linked. There's plenty of studies out there about this.

https://medium.com/sswitch/understanding-the-presence-of-mental-fatigue-in-footb

"Footballers in study 1 perceived running to be harder when mentally fatigued despite similar heart rate, and ran significantly less compared to the control condition (no mental fatigue). In study 2, footballers made significantly more passing mistakes in the mental fatigue condition. Mental fatigue also impaired shot speed and shot accuracy."
"Steve Cooper tells Swansea City's players to put fatigue to one side..& on 10:47 - Apr 8 with 646 views34dfgdf54

"Steve Cooper tells Swansea City's players to put fatigue to one side..& on 09:45 - Apr 8 by Dr_Parnassus

Yes it is a perfect example. Cabango has a better record in our side than any other defender. Does Morris have the same to go off as an attacker?

So again. Which games prior to March do you think we should have rotated but didn't when we have had games within that 96 hour window?

It's a shocking example, we were dreadful in both halves and a Cabango howler as soon as he came on.

Brentford @ home when we were battered - Atleast half hour
Rotheram Away - Atleast 20/25 minutes, two goals to the good, Ayew on a booking.
Nottingham Forest - Start
Hudds - Start, even more so in this one after the performance of both Ayew & Lowe previous game.

Nice little read up above on why it was more important than ever this season for players to get rest when possible.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2021 10:49]
"Steve Cooper tells Swansea City's players to put fatigue to one side..& on 11:06 - Apr 8 with 635 viewsDr_Parnassus

"Steve Cooper tells Swansea City's players to put fatigue to one side..& on 10:47 - Apr 8 by 34dfgdf54

It's a shocking example, we were dreadful in both halves and a Cabango howler as soon as he came on.

Brentford @ home when we were battered - Atleast half hour
Rotheram Away - Atleast 20/25 minutes, two goals to the good, Ayew on a booking.
Nottingham Forest - Start
Hudds - Start, even more so in this one after the performance of both Ayew & Lowe previous game.

Nice little read up above on why it was more important than ever this season for players to get rest when possible.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2021 10:49]

It's not an example, it's a fact. That is what happened when we introduced Morris, he has nothing much to fall back on other than that to hshow why he should have started, we pretty much won every game he didn't while he was here. Cabango has a season of being our best defender, so 45 mins is irrelevant in that case.

- Brentford at home was the game after the FA Cup. We made 7 (yes seven) changes and drew 1-1 with 10 men. Fantastic result.

- Rotherham away we made 4 changes and won 3-1.

- Which Forest game?

- Huddersfield - I agree.

"Steve Cooper tells Swansea City's players to put fatigue to one side..& on 11:27 - Apr 8 with 629 views34dfgdf54

"Steve Cooper tells Swansea City's players to put fatigue to one side..& on 11:06 - Apr 8 by Dr_Parnassus

It's not an example, it's a fact. That is what happened when we introduced Morris, he has nothing much to fall back on other than that to hshow why he should have started, we pretty much won every game he didn't while he was here. Cabango has a season of being our best defender, so 45 mins is irrelevant in that case.

- Brentford at home was the game after the FA Cup. We made 7 (yes seven) changes and drew 1-1 with 10 men. Fantastic result.

- Rotherham away we made 4 changes and won 3-1.

- Which Forest game?

- Huddersfield - I agree.

Blaming Morris for the game against Huddersfield. Ok.

Nottingham Forest Home, Roberts last minute header in a game where the better side lost.

The results are not up for debate, it's the consequence of the lack of rotation up front, and the work Lowe and Ayew have had to get through without any rest period is costing us now. The difference in performances now from earlier in the season backs up my point completely. Brentford's drop off also backs it up, despite you using them as an example previously.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024