Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 15:50 - Mar 11 with 14311 viewsJack123

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/coronavirus-mark-drakeford-wales-l

I cannot believe this!! Many, many people are suffering and instead of giving them hope, he chooses to give them despair.

libera nos a malo

Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 15:56 - Mar 11 with 3446 viewsonehunglow

Frankly,madness.
Wales depends on tourism which he is killing stonecdead.
When visitors find other areas that welcomes them,they will not be going back to Wales.

It is not inevitable unless those not faxed,ie the young,behave like jerks.

It s up to them.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 16:07 - Mar 11 with 3442 viewsJack123

Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 15:56 - Mar 11 by onehunglow

Frankly,madness.
Wales depends on tourism which he is killing stonecdead.
When visitors find other areas that welcomes them,they will not be going back to Wales.

It is not inevitable unless those not faxed,ie the young,behave like jerks.

It s up to them.

Looking at comments on social media and WOL, this will not go down well!!

Looking at that article, he talks about another wave as inevitable!, ?? Grr, I know another wave was mentioned by whitty the other day, because some models were showing that..

He has lied to us, infection and deaths are at their lowest for a long time, many elderly and vulnerable have been vaccinated or will have been within a few months, yet he's wiping the entire rest of the year out.

libera nos a malo

Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 16:12 - Mar 11 with 3406 viewsHighjack

Is he deliberately throwing the election?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 16:12 - Mar 11 with 3419 viewsDr_Winston

Johnson, for all his general haplessness elsewhere, understands that people need hope for the future. Businesses need hope for the future. Drakeford gives none. By making this statement he's painted Wales into a corner. People looking for holidays and to do business will, quite naturally, look elsewhere. It's an idiotic move even by his standards.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 16:16 - Mar 11 with 3428 viewsScotia

Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 16:12 - Mar 11 by Highjack

Is he deliberately throwing the election?

He'll win anyway. Political change is more likely in North Korea.
Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 16:19 - Mar 11 with 3425 viewsScotia

I suppose it depends on how far from normal Drakeford means.

I expect masks and hand washing are here for a while, as will be the case everywhere, but that may not mean we won't be back in the Liberty or watching a gig.

He definitely needs to produce some sort of plan though
Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 16:40 - Mar 11 with 3409 viewsBoundy

IMO it maybe true there'll be another wave next autumn winter but like all virus / diseases we have to learn to live with them . Perhaps scaremongering now is a way to make sure those who are undecided about taking the vaccination will change their minds

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 16:45 - Mar 11 with 3400 viewsScotia

Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 16:40 - Mar 11 by Boundy

IMO it maybe true there'll be another wave next autumn winter but like all virus / diseases we have to learn to live with them . Perhaps scaremongering now is a way to make sure those who are undecided about taking the vaccination will change their minds

I think and hope he just means it won't be normal because the virus will still be here.

Because it is still here another wave is inevitable, but it should be much smaller and have less impact because of the vaccine.

It's click bait to a certain extent.
Login to get fewer ads

Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 16:51 - Mar 11 with 3387 views9MilesHigh

Some people clearly have issues with the truth, the Brexit generation and other such degenerates.

We're a long way from "normal", just let that sink in and deal with it.

It doesn't mean Wales is shut for business and our economy is doomed to fail. It just means we need to manager our way out of this.

A 13 year old daughter of one of my clients lost her 39 year old Mam last week.

Let's not forget the real issues here in the desperate and pathetic attempt to smear the Welsh making their own decisions.

Give me the truth over the bullshit and corruption in London.
Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 16:51 - Mar 11 with 3389 viewsswan65split

Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 16:12 - Mar 11 by Dr_Winston

Johnson, for all his general haplessness elsewhere, understands that people need hope for the future. Businesses need hope for the future. Drakeford gives none. By making this statement he's painted Wales into a corner. People looking for holidays and to do business will, quite naturally, look elsewhere. It's an idiotic move even by his standards.

I believe he is working on the furlough system, relying on that to keep some sort of "peace!" once that has stopped then we will see the worst!
Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 17:04 - Mar 11 with 3379 viewsBoundy

Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 16:45 - Mar 11 by Scotia

I think and hope he just means it won't be normal because the virus will still be here.

Because it is still here another wave is inevitable, but it should be much smaller and have less impact because of the vaccine.

It's click bait to a certain extent.

The role out of the vaccinations was designed to target the most vulnerable , is he not now confident that a level of protection heralded in December by having the vaccination programme is no longer viable ?

Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 18:17 - Mar 11 with 3353 viewsScotia

Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 17:04 - Mar 11 by Boundy

The role out of the vaccinations was designed to target the most vulnerable , is he not now confident that a level of protection heralded in December by having the vaccination programme is no longer viable ?

No I think that will still be the case.

As not everyone can or will have the vaccine and its a nasty virus for some of those who aren't considered vulnerable so we'll have to minimise it in society for a while. I think until at least late spring 2022, but that shouldn't mean lockdown or anything like it.

I'm thinking vaccine passports and rapid tests etc.

Of course Drakeford not seeming to have a plan for moving out of lockdown does nobody any good.
Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 18:26 - Mar 11 with 3334 viewsonehunglow

Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 16:51 - Mar 11 by 9MilesHigh

Some people clearly have issues with the truth, the Brexit generation and other such degenerates.

It doesn't mean Wales is shut for business and our economy is doomed to fail. It just means we need to manager our way out of this.

Let's not forget the real issues here in the desperate and pathetic attempt to smear the Welsh making their own decisions.

That is an awful tale but not by any means isolated.
It means you have every right to feel indignant at the cretins who even now refuse to mask up,socially distance , get pissed up at a celebration for winning the Scottish League or simply get together to get hammered as they see it as a right to do so.

Innocent people have died in England,Wales Scotland and NI as a direct result of these killers and that is what they are.

We have all been too accepting of them and think back to when Bojo passed thee rules but said they wouldn't be enforced. Police now doing it,face true shythoues. My son in law is right amongst it all and the public,as ever ,know jackshite apart from what they read or hear from journos.

Too right we are not back to normal and will never be ,at least not that we knew.

Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 18:31 - Mar 11 with 3336 viewsTenbySwan

Does anyone seriously believe anything that serial liar Borus Johnson says?
Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 18:33 - Mar 11 with 3317 viewscontroversial_jack

He's telling it like it is. Would we want our doctor to tell us if we were really ill or lie about it to save us worrying.
Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 18:36 - Mar 11 with 3326 viewsonehunglow

Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 18:31 - Mar 11 by TenbySwan

Does anyone seriously believe anything that serial liar Borus Johnson says?

Mate.
Would you believe any Conservative PM?

Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 19:16 - Mar 11 with 3310 viewsTenbySwan

Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 18:36 - Mar 11 by onehunglow

Mate.

Absolutely.
Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 19:18 - Mar 11 with 3303 viewsBoundy

Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 18:36 - Mar 11 by onehunglow

Mate.

or new Labour for that matter , how millions dead ? , or the liberal Democrats , the ones who publicly stated they would abolish tuition fees .They're all snakes

Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 19:19 - Mar 11 with 3300 viewsexhmrc1

Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 16:51 - Mar 11 by 9MilesHigh

Absolutely true. Great post.
Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 19:26 - Mar 11 with 3287 viewsexhmrc1

Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 18:33 - Mar 11 by controversial_jack

He's telling it like it is. Would we want our doctor to tell us if we were really ill or lie about it to save us worrying.

Exactly but telling the truth doesnt go down well on here. Nobody knows where we will be at the end of the year. The scientists and medical advisers who have more knowledge than us believe there will be another spike and thousands will die. However there are many on here who try to ignore that and expect Drakeford to make things up as it is good for business.

Last year when Johnson promised we would be back to normal by Christmas Drakeford responded by saying he felt Johnson was being way over optimistic. His honesty was proven right. Who is to say he wont be right this time.
Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 20:23 - Mar 11 with 3267 viewsFireboy2

Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 18:33 - Mar 11 by controversial_jack

It looks like he's being realistic.

People will go out when the pubs are open and act like tools which might take us back a bit.

Having the jab will obviously help, the opening of pubs will be the acid test.

I expect to go out for a few on April 12th but I will be adhering to the rules, will others be doing the same? I think that decision will decide if it spreads again.
Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 20:34 - Mar 11 with 3257 viewsFlashberryjack

Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 20:23 - Mar 11 by Fireboy2

It looks like he's being realistic.

People will go out when the pubs are open and act like tools which might take us back a bit.

Having the jab will obviously help, the opening of pubs will be the acid test.

I expect to go out for a few on April 12th but I will be adhering to the rules, will others be doing the same? I think that decision will decide if it spreads again.

IMO the acid test is the schools opening, I think pubs opening for outside drinking is fine, obviously there will be places that will break the rules, but that goes for all Covid rules.

When they say the 3rd wave is inevitable, do they know that there won't be a 4th, 5th, 6th wave, if we've got to live with the virus, lets start living with it, and come down hard on those that flout/break the rules, we certainly can't go on living in a semi lock down for much longer.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 20:45 - Mar 11 with 3241 viewsDr_Winston

The whole point of the vaccine is to limit the effects of a third wave (which there probably will be once restrictions are relaxed). If nobody is getting hospitalised as a result of an increase in infections due to vaccination, then what's the problem?

The issue here is that the WG are acting like the vaccine doesn't exist. That they feel lockdowns are inevitable even if they aren't really.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 20:51 - Mar 11 with 3238 viewsFireboy2

Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 20:34 - Mar 11 by Flashberryjack

IMO the acid test is the schools opening, I think pubs opening for outside drinking is fine, obviously there will be places that will break the rules, but that goes for all Covid rules.

When they say the 3rd wave is inevitable, do they know that there won't be a 4th, 5th, 6th wave, if we've got to live with the virus, lets start living with it, and come down hard on those that flout/break the rules, we certainly can't go on living in a semi lock down for much longer.

Yes the schools could cause a problem also but if they are half as good as my boys school it shouldn't be a big problem if the parents adhere to the rules and don't send their kids in when they have symptoms or if someone in their household has symptoms and a test booked, believe me that happened umpteen times before the last lockdown.

I think that another wave is possible not inevitable and it all depends on how the public react to the opening of the schools and the pubs, touch wood they will have learnt from the previous lockdowns and if the vaccines work.
Drakeford No Back To Normal 2021 on 20:54 - Mar 11 with 3237 viewsJack123

Look's like they are breaking the bad news in little leaks, by from what I can see on this article from the bbc, it's Tier 3 till June...

So it's no alcohol in pubs till at least June.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-56359403

libera nos a malo

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024