Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Michael Laudrup in the running for Charlton Athletic 10:22 - Mar 16 with 1253 viewsKeithHaynes

This is Danish owner Thomas Sandgaard’s first big decision to make and it will be interesting to see who he opts for as their new boss.

One name he could look at is Michael Laudrup, who could be the ideal replacement for Bowyer. His name has cropped up in the running of potential replacements.

I’m liking Laudrup’s incredible tactical signals.

For all this I very much doubt he would go.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Michael Laudrup in the running for Charlton Athletic on 10:23 - Mar 16 with 1240 viewsonehunglow

Quilted jacket though.

Very middle class equestrian for SE London

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Michael Laudrup in the running for Charlton Athletic on 13:25 - Mar 16 with 1137 viewsReslovenSwan1

Michael Laudrup in the running for Charlton Athletic on 10:23 - Mar 16 by onehunglow

Quilted jacket though.

Very middle class equestrian for SE London

Swansea cannot not now play Dhanda and hourahaine in the same team aparently. Too lightwieght etc

Laudrup played Routledge, Britton, De Guzman, Dyer and Hernandez Ki all in the same team with Ki at Centre back at Wembley against big tough Bradford. Their briusers were spectators on the day. They were looking for someone to kick but they were long gone.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Michael Laudrup in the running for Charlton Athletic on 13:26 - Mar 16 with 1131 viewsonehunglow

Michael Laudrup in the running for Charlton Athletic on 13:25 - Mar 16 by ReslovenSwan1

Swansea cannot not now play Dhanda and hourahaine in the same team aparently. Too lightwieght etc

Laudrup played Routledge, Britton, De Guzman, Dyer and Hernandez Ki all in the same team with Ki at Centre back at Wembley against big tough Bradford. Their briusers were spectators on the day. They were looking for someone to kick but they were long gone.

Rather different class there though.All those players could dig in if required.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Michael Laudrup in the running for Charlton Athletic on 15:50 - Mar 16 with 1065 viewsBrynmill_Jack

If Coops goes he should be our first port of call. Without Huw here he’d be much happier

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Michael Laudrup in the running for Charlton Athletic on 15:57 - Mar 16 with 1057 viewsNortbankboy

Michael Laudrup in the running for Charlton Athletic on 15:50 - Mar 16 by Brynmill_Jack

If Coops goes he should be our first port of call. Without Huw here he’d be much happier

Huw brought him here.
His agent was the problem
[Post edited 16 Mar 2021 15:57]
Michael Laudrup in the running for Charlton Athletic on 16:16 - Mar 16 with 1034 viewsvetchonian

Michael Laudrup in the running for Charlton Athletic on 13:25 - Mar 16 by ReslovenSwan1

De Guzman, Britton and ROutledge are battlers and on that day the gulf between the two sides was huige,,the gap between sides in the championship is different much closer so relying on "skill" alone is not sufficient

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Michael Laudrup in the running for Charlton Athletic on 16:51 - Mar 16 with 1015 viewsHighjack

Michael Laudrup in the running for Charlton Athletic on 15:57 - Mar 16 by Nortbankboy

Huw brought him here.

His agent was the one bringing in all the top class players. Huw decided he could do that himself and we ended up with Clucas.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Michael Laudrup in the running for Charlton Athletic on 16:57 - Mar 16 with 1010 viewsLittleEnglandJack

I think the chances of Laudrup managing a league one team, even one in London with Danish owners, are precisely nil. Never had much of a reputation for roughing it so to speak, has he? I can't see him making a return to management after several years to face-off against such luminaries as Accrington Stanley and Fleetwood Town.

Still, I could be wrong.
Login to get fewer ads

Michael Laudrup in the running for Charlton Athletic on 17:23 - Mar 16 with 988 viewsBadlands

Michael Laudrup in the running for Charlton Athletic on 16:16 - Mar 16 by vetchonian

De Guzman, Britton and ROutledge are battlers and on that day the gulf between the two sides was huige,,the gap between sides in the championship is different much closer so relying on "skill" alone is not sufficient

Hadn't Bradford beaten Villa, Wigan and Arsenal.
The gulf was down to us playing incredibly good football.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Michael Laudrup in the running for Charlton Athletic on 17:30 - Mar 16 with 976 viewsNortbankboy

Michael Laudrup in the running for Charlton Athletic on 16:51 - Mar 16 by Highjack

His agent was the one bringing in all the top class players. Huw decided he could do that himself and we ended up with Clucas.

Yes at a price!
The most successful years in the club history.
Let's hope we can do it again and perhaps win the game cup this time
Michael Laudrup in the running for Charlton Athletic on 18:19 - Mar 16 with 921 viewsKeithHaynes

Michael Laudrup in the running for Charlton Athletic on 16:51 - Mar 16 by Highjack

Yes indeed.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Michael Laudrup in the running for Charlton Athletic on 18:30 - Mar 16 with 914 viewsReslovenSwan1

The idea that HJ did recriutment on his own in a casual manner with random youtube clips is a myth for the easily led and is one promoted on forums to discredit the ex Chairman.

2010 -1017 David Leadbeater led the recruitment team with a number of scouts under his direction. He had previuosly worked at Middlesborough. He clearly prefered to stay low profile and is thus rarely mentioned in forums. This suits the HJ bashers.

The club then and today operate a system of selecting players from the club recriutment team itself (Manning Bennet Morris Arriola) and from the managers picks ( Latibeaudiere, Brewster gallagher and Gibbs White). It works well under a consentual approach as managers belong on the coachng paddock not scouting around Europe. It worked under Brendan Martinez, Sousa and Guidolin. It failed under Clement with Bony 2 Clucas Abraham and critically Sanches. Laudrup was allegedly unhappy with the system and has not managed a European club since. Martinez Brendan Sousa are all in employement.

Leadbeater was replaced by McCauley to much acclaim from fans but he was dreadful picking Asoro, McKay amongst other duds signings and Potter deserted his post leaving behind a shambles. The club has returned to the old system with Scott replacing Leadbeater.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2021 18:36]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Michael Laudrup in the running for Charlton Athletic on 18:39 - Mar 16 with 896 viewspencoedjack

Michael Laudrup in the running for Charlton Athletic on 15:50 - Mar 16 by Brynmill_Jack

I’d love him back here.

Best football I have ever seen as play & my greatest memories
Michael Laudrup in the running for Charlton Athletic on 22:15 - Mar 16 with 820 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Michael Laudrup in the running for Charlton Athletic on 15:57 - Mar 16 by Nortbankboy

Huw brought him here.

Hi Leigh !

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Michael Laudrup in the running for Charlton Athletic on 22:20 - Mar 16 with 814 viewsKilkennyjack

😂😂

Beware of the Risen People

Michael Laudrup in the running for Charlton Athletic on 22:24 - Mar 16 with 807 viewsKilkennyjack

Michael Laudrup in the running for Charlton Athletic on 18:39 - Mar 16 by pencoedjack

I’d love him back here.

Best football I have ever seen as play & my greatest memories

Yes.

But the Toshack years on par for the great memories.

Beware of the Risen People

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024