Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Breaking News. Chelsea to leave ESL deal 19:17 - Apr 20 with 1999 viewsmax936

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56823501

Great news, Citeh or Liverpool next, I reckon.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2021 19:19]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Breaking News. Chelsea to leave ESL deal on 01:40 - Apr 21 with 594 viewsKeithHaynes

All six clubs from the premier league have left.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Breaking News. Chelsea to leave ESL deal on 09:14 - Apr 21 with 552 viewsCatullus

I have just watched John Henry make a grovelling apology to all Liverpool fans. He said this scheme was never going to happen without the support of the fans.

The cynic in me says he's just buying time, trying to appease people while these teams try to come up with something more acceptable that will still guarantee them more money.

For the time being at least, the combined power arrayed against the ESL teams was so strong it blew them away but is it the end of things?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Breaking News. Chelsea to leave ESL deal on 09:20 - Apr 21 with 550 viewsThornburyswan

Breaking News. Chelsea to leave ESL deal on 09:14 - Apr 21 by Catullus

I have just watched John Henry make a grovelling apology to all Liverpool fans. He said this scheme was never going to happen without the support of the fans.

The cynic in me says he's just buying time, trying to appease people while these teams try to come up with something more acceptable that will still guarantee them more money.

For the time being at least, the combined power arrayed against the ESL teams was so strong it blew them away but is it the end of things?

Suspect it’s not the end but what it will happen done is show the owners that they need to get the fans/players onside as part of any revised plan - they could take EUFA or FIFA on but not without wider support.
Breaking News. Chelsea to leave ESL deal on 22:35 - Apr 21 with 510 viewsmax936

That apology was pathetic and cringeworthy, Liverpool's fans want FSG gone from the club, I don't blame them, Henry knows this and that's why his interview was so sombre, it won't and hasn't worked.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Breaking News. Chelsea to leave ESL deal on 07:45 - Apr 22 with 486 viewsWhiterockin

I really don't think they will have the choice to come up with an alternative option. For years the big clubs have been threatening that if they don't get their own way they will leave. Well they went all in with this and it blew up in their faces. The supporters (and the government) have basically given all the power to EUFA and FIFA. It will be a long time before they can try and hold football to ransom again, some of the arrogant owners may well take umbrage and offload their investment. A great day for football and the fans.
Breaking News. Chelsea to leave ESL deal on 08:18 - Apr 22 with 464 viewsDr_Winston

Breaking News. Chelsea to leave ESL deal on 07:45 - Apr 22 by Whiterockin

I really don't think they will have the choice to come up with an alternative option. For years the big clubs have been threatening that if they don't get their own way they will leave. Well they went all in with this and it blew up in their faces. The supporters (and the government) have basically given all the power to EUFA and FIFA. It will be a long time before they can try and hold football to ransom again, some of the arrogant owners may well take umbrage and offload their investment. A great day for football and the fans.

I'm not sure if giving all the power to FIFA or UEFA qualifies as a "great day". As recent events have at least demonstrated, the clubs still answer to their fans. Who do FIFA or UEFA answer to? The FBI occasionally. Not much else. As soon as Infantino got himself in place it was business as usual.

About the only thing I have a certain sympathy with the ESL clubs is in wondering why they're answering to people like this. An ideal situation would have been to burn both of these organisations to the ground as well, and start again properly.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Breaking News. Chelsea to leave ESL deal on 08:24 - Apr 22 with 456 viewscockneyswan

I dont know if it’s already been mentioned but Interesting thought, in light of the failed esl, I think this will help the swans trust court case against the sellouts? All the talk is of increasing fan ownership now.
Breaking News. Chelsea to leave ESL deal on 08:26 - Apr 22 with 456 viewsWhiterockin

Breaking News. Chelsea to leave ESL deal on 08:18 - Apr 22 by Dr_Winston

I'm not sure if giving all the power to FIFA or UEFA qualifies as a "great day". As recent events have at least demonstrated, the clubs still answer to their fans. Who do FIFA or UEFA answer to? The FBI occasionally. Not much else. As soon as Infantino got himself in place it was business as usual.

About the only thing I have a certain sympathy with the ESL clubs is in wondering why they're answering to people like this. An ideal situation would have been to burn both of these organisations to the ground as well, and start again properly.

I would rather have footballs governing bodies, even though they are a long way from perfect, running football than a group of individuals who are only in it for profit.
Login to get fewer ads

Breaking News. Chelsea to leave ESL deal on 08:41 - Apr 22 with 446 viewsDr_Winston

Breaking News. Chelsea to leave ESL deal on 08:26 - Apr 22 by Whiterockin

I would rather have footballs governing bodies, even though they are a long way from perfect, running football than a group of individuals who are only in it for profit.

Aren't FIFA or UEFA in it for profit too? How much cash do FIFA trouser every World Cup? How many bribes were taken for Qatar to host? How long do they expect clubs to provide players that they expensively sign, train and pay for free so they can continue to profit? Nah. There's no good guys in this dispute.

A non-profit, open and accountable FIFA I could get behind. Handing more power to the current one and its various offshoots is not a good thing.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Breaking News. Chelsea to leave ESL deal on 10:25 - Apr 22 with 413 viewsJoe_bradshaw

FIFA is one of the most corrupt organisations anywhere. Think Qatar getting the World Cup. They only care about money not the beautiful game.
When the World Cup was in Brazil in 2014 there was an alcohol ban in Brazilian stadiums due to incredible violence that had even resulted in fatalities in the stadiums. FIFA insisted that alcohol be sold at every match because they had a lucrative contract with Budweiser as the “World Cup beer”.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Breaking News. Chelsea to leave ESL deal on 10:45 - Apr 22 with 403 viewsonehunglow

Breaking News. Chelsea to leave ESL deal on 10:25 - Apr 22 by Joe_bradshaw

FIFA is one of the most corrupt organisations anywhere. Think Qatar getting the World Cup. They only care about money not the beautiful game.
When the World Cup was in Brazil in 2014 there was an alcohol ban in Brazilian stadiums due to incredible violence that had even resulted in fatalities in the stadiums. FIFA insisted that alcohol be sold at every match because they had a lucrative contract with Budweiser as the “World Cup beer”.

Qatar decision stands alone.
Incredible for it to be even considered.

That is going to be something to see-for some.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Breaking News. Chelsea to leave ESL deal on 14:07 - Apr 22 with 375 viewsGroo

Breaking News. Chelsea to leave ESL deal on 10:25 - Apr 22 by Joe_bradshaw

They also ban the sale of any alcohol and food within a certain distance from the stadiums, except that of sponsors. So local businesses lose out as they cannot sell their normal fare.

Groo does what Groo does best

Breaking News. Chelsea to leave ESL deal on 08:13 - Apr 24 with 324 viewsNortbankboy

Breaking News. Chelsea to leave ESL deal on 01:05 - Apr 21 by KeithHaynes

Get rid of them anyway.

We would better without them.
They don't represent the cities they come from.They are just franchise teams for
The likes of the russians,saudis etc.greedy bathplugs
Breaking News. Chelsea to leave ESL deal on 09:49 - Apr 24 with 295 viewsonehunglow

They will come again.They are buying time.
Frankly,I hope they would all fark off anf leave the rest of us to carry on.

The clubs seeing themelves as Big are simply brand followers,corporate football prostitute,no more no less.

Anyone from the likes of the far east,USA,Africa;hear this-you aint a fan but a customer,a jerk who buy replica shorts made for 50p and sold for £70 .
Same applies to their followers from Swansea to South Shields.

I hear Gary Neville ay the Premier League HAS to have these six. No they don't.

Big clubs.Leeds,Everton,Villa,West Ham,Newcastle, all with plenty of real footballing history over decades .Sunderland,Wednesday,Sheff Utd,Blackburn even Burnley all with greater heritage than Chelsea and Citeh.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024