Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The leaders debate 21:56 - Apr 29 with 1397 viewsCatullus

I've watched this tonight and I knwo I've been saying it anyway BUt, has anyone else watched this and thought NONE of them are worth voting for.

I had a leaflet through today from "Gwlad" and I think I'll have to vote for them because they are concentrating on local issues and the candidate is local too.

Honest question, has anyone else noticed RT Davies rarely blinks, he looks permanently stunned!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The leaders debate on 20:21 - Apr 30 with 484 viewsonehunglow

The leaders debate on 15:41 - Apr 30 by KGriz16

I couldn't believe that's the best this country can produce with regards to politicians. There's not much charisma in any of them. I'm a Plaid voter, and I think Price tries to be more Welsh than he actually is.

I cannot believe they allowed abolish near the main parties, it was like he'd won a competition to be there. Lib Dem leader spoke some sense. RT Davies was robotic, and was just reading from a script. Does he actually believe or know what he's saying?

I think it'll come down to a Plaid and Labour coalition. (Nothing either leader swore they'd allow). How anyone in Wales can vote tory blows my mind?
[Post edited 30 Apr 2021 15:44]

Same works as regards plaid.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The leaders debate on 21:05 - Apr 30 with 470 viewsKilkennyjack

The leaders debate on 20:21 - Apr 30 by onehunglow

Same works as regards plaid.

No - the young are voting Plaid.

This is just the start.

[Post edited 30 Apr 2021 21:09]

Beware of the Risen People

The leaders debate on 21:07 - Apr 30 with 469 viewsKilkennyjack

The leaders debate on 13:38 - Apr 30 by CountyJim

Not up to speed on this it's not a trick question but don't we in Wales get more money off Westminster than we give back

Cymru is going to be just fine.

The leaders debate on 21:13 - Apr 30 with 460 viewsKilkennyjack

The leaders debate on 21:20 - Apr 30 with 455 viewsCatullus

The leaders debate on 12:41 - Apr 30 by johnlangy

I made the comment about the amount Wales pays toward the UK army in reply to scotia saying 'Forget where we would get the NHS, economy, currency and armed forces from in an independent Wales'.

His response was 'good'. I expected more.

The point I was making is that this shows an Independent Wales could certainly afford a Wales army/defense force if we are currently paying so much toward the UK army. And RAI said rightly we wouldn't be spending anything like that much, probably no more than £300 million.

The question about how much Welsh tax is credited to England is a huge one so no wonder he didn't answer. Someone would have to approach every company who registers ALL their UK VAT/CORP tax at their England HQ's and ask them to give the info. Then they'd have to approach the DOT for the info re Welsh Car Tax and God knows how many other prganisations who work in a similar way. I don't think it's reasonable to expect him to have that info to hand.

I think it IS reasonable when I and many others say that the amounts we're talking about is in the billions. How many billions isn't as important as accepting the general point that it's a huge amount. And when that amount is taken into account the so called deficit of £13 billion suddenly becomes much smaller. Then remove the Welsh investment in English infrastructure, then remove the £1.5 billion or so from our defence costs and all of a sudden things look very different.

Hang on now, you assume that tax figure is in the billions but you think the party pushing indy cannot reasonably have any idea of that figure? That's nonsense John, it's something they should have found out no matter how much work it takes ecause it would be a massive selling point for Plaid.
The amount is certainly important, if it just one billion say, then it makes very little difference, if it was 8/9 billion then it's a game changer. Maybe the truth is the number isn't as high as you assume and that;s why Plaid don't push it. It's the kind of detail serious challengers should know, or at least have a fair idea about.

If all the Indy mob is going to do is guess at the figures,no wonder the latest poll had them dropped to third.

On the Armed forces, Ap Iorwerth suggested Wales would spend around 1 billion. A massive waste to me, who is going to declare war on Wales? Who is going to go through England to invade us? I suppoose the Irish could have a go!

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

The leaders debate on 21:27 - Apr 30 with 453 viewsCatullus

The leaders debate on 21:05 - Apr 30 by Kilkennyjack

No - the young are voting Plaid.

This is just the start.

[Post edited 30 Apr 2021 21:09]

hang on now, you keep telling s the young will swing it. Yet now you say only 53% of the young are voting Plaid.
53% is not "the young" it is just over half of them and hardly a landslide. Considering they are vastly outnumbered, even after Drakefords gerrymandering, it's hardly inspiring for Plaid, and as the latest pools showed.....down, down, deeper and down!

The leaders debate on 22:18 - Apr 30 with 442 viewsKilkennyjack

The leaders debate on 21:27 - Apr 30 by Catullus

hang on now, you keep telling s the young will swing it. Yet now you say only 53% of the young are voting Plaid.
53% is not "the young" it is just over half of them and hardly a landslide. Considering they are vastly outnumbered, even after Drakefords gerrymandering, it's hardly inspiring for Plaid, and as the latest pools showed.....down, down, deeper and down!

I did not say it would be landslide.
I did not say the young would tip it.

Its the trend you are missing.

Indy was about 10% in decades gone by.
Now its 30% and rising.
And its main stream.

As the younger people come through the course of the nation is crystal clear.
This is not about convincing the likes of Felix, Perch or Boundy, thats not needed.

Its simply a matter of time for Wales to be Indy.

The leaders debate on 22:51 - Apr 30 with 430 viewsraynor94

The leaders debate on 22:18 - Apr 30 by Kilkennyjack

Now its 30% and rising.
And its main stream.

This is not about convincing the likes of Felix, Perch or Boundy, thats not needed.

So expect Plaid to form the next government?

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Login to get fewer ads

The leaders debate on 22:56 - Apr 30 with 424 viewsKeithHaynes

The leaders debate on 22:51 - Apr 30 by raynor94

Give them a go mate. It won’t change.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

The leaders debate on 00:27 - May 1 with 405 viewsraynor94

The leaders debate on 22:56 - Apr 30 by KeithHaynes

Give them a go mate. It won’t change.

Sorry Keith, independence is not for me, perhaps I'm old school, but I still believe in the Union.

The leaders debate on 09:18 - May 1 with 356 viewsWhiterockin

The leaders debate on 22:18 - Apr 30 by Kilkennyjack

Now its 30% and rising.
And its main stream.

May 7th will be interesting on here.
The leaders debate on 09:23 - May 1 with 353 viewsKilkennyjack

The leaders debate on 00:27 - May 1 by raynor94

Sorry Keith, independence is not for me, perhaps I'm old school, but I still believe in the Union.

Yes the union is finished.

Ireland will be united.
Scotland will be free.

So what for Cymru then ?
Wales-shire just existing for second homes and cheap water extraction, or a modern independent nation operating within the EU...? Like Ireland and Scotland will be.

Its clear thats what our young people want, they have confidence that the older people were not brought up with.

Our future is European. Little England does not care about Cymru.

The leaders debate on 09:28 - May 1 with 350 viewsKilkennyjack

The leaders debate on 22:51 - Apr 30 by raynor94

As i said its the trend you are missing.

Cymru has an inbuilt progressive majority, so no Tory government ever here.
After that ...its Labour and Plaid and how the votes fall.

Hopefully Plaid, but realistically maybe not this time.
Still a lot of good people loyal to Labour.

The leaders debate on 09:48 - May 1 with 340 viewsraynor94

The leaders debate on 09:28 - May 1 by Kilkennyjack

As i said its the trend you are missing.

Cymru has an inbuilt progressive majority, so no Tory government ever here.
After that ...its Labour and Plaid and how the votes fall.

Hopefully Plaid, but realistically maybe not this time.
Still a lot of good people loyal to Labour.

So do you think you are going to see independence in your lifetime?

The leaders debate on 09:50 - May 1 with 336 viewstrampie

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

The leaders debate on 10:58 - May 1 with 305 viewsKilkennyjack

The leaders debate on 09:48 - May 1 by raynor94

So do you think you are going to see independence in your lifetime?

100 per cent.

The trend is very clear.
Johnson is not helping the union case with his oafish entitled sleaze, corruption, and exceptionalism.

I mean, how many welsh people want a living room that looks like an Indian restaurant waiting area ?

The leaders debate on 13:14 - May 1 with 284 viewsCatullus

The leaders debate on 09:23 - May 1 by Kilkennyjack

Yes the union is finished.

Ireland will be united.
Scotland will be free.

So what for Cymru then ?
Wales-shire just existing for second homes and cheap water extraction, or a modern independent nation operating within the EU...? Like Ireland and Scotland will be.

Its clear thats what our young people want, they have confidence that the older people were not brought up with.

Our future is European. Little England does not care about Cymru.

So now you'rr saying it's clear what our young people want, are they going to swing it or not, make your mind up!

You have no guarantee that cotland will be indy soon and even less chance of them being in the EU soon after.

Copenhagen criteria...I keep telling you. Of course the EU may rip up their own rule book and Spain may not veto them, we'll see.

Newsflash Kilky, the EU does not care about Wales either. They won't give Wales the billions we need to thrive. What the EU cares about is control, empire building. They care about extending the EU so they can exert mor power over non EU states.

You don't like Bojo, fair enough, but at least at a General election you can be rid of him. How do EU voters get rid of Von der Leyen? Who can they vote in instead? The answer to both is they can't because they don't get such a vote. Inside the Eu Wales would have to do as it is told in places where EU rules contradict Welsh rules. They could/would control our budget too. Not that we'd get in, our deficit is far too high and that's not the only reason.

Kilky, you are deluded and blinkered.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024