Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When does Steve Cooper get some credit ? 08:31 - May 6 with 3403 viewsKeithHaynes

The supporters who don’t like his style and persona seem destined to never give him any credibility whatsoever, is it really that possible to dislike someone’s performance entirely without even the slightest bit of recognition even though it’s deserved ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

When does Steve Cooper get some credit ? on 17:36 - May 18 with 762 viewsReslovenSwan1

If Cooper takes Swansea city to the Premier league it would be a massive achievement. He is a pragmatist. He is paying Ayew £80,000 a week so he will bloody well play him every week. To be fair at 31 the guy still has legs and graft.

He will argue that Swansea cannot play Potter style football in the Champoinship with his squad and win. If the club goes up Cooper will he would argue revert to his natural passing on the deck short game he prefers as stated in his interview.

The ends justifies the means.

Wise sage since Toshack era

When does Steve Cooper get some credit ? on 19:19 - May 18 with 729 viewsOldjack

When does Steve Cooper get some credit ? on 17:36 - May 18 by ReslovenSwan1

If Cooper takes Swansea city to the Premier league it would be a massive achievement. He is a pragmatist. He is paying Ayew £80,000 a week so he will bloody well play him every week. To be fair at 31 the guy still has legs and graft.

He will argue that Swansea cannot play Potter style football in the Champoinship with his squad and win. If the club goes up Cooper will he would argue revert to his natural passing on the deck short game he prefers as stated in his interview.

why can't he play football with this squad ?, he's done it before, and we did well, it's a load of bollocks ,take last night ,the ball spent more time in the air than on the deck ,hoofball has no place at Swansea

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

When does Steve Cooper get some credit ? on 21:01 - May 18 with 701 viewsCatullus

You are so wrong. A pragmatist would say it doesn't matter what wages a player is on, he onlygets picked if he deserves it. The fact is Ayew deserves it, he is the real quality in our team.

As Oldjack says, we played football earlier in the season, we played some very good stuff, we only became a hoofball team this last few months. Revisionism isn't going to work.

We all appreciate Cooper has limited resources and we can accept he has at times had few choices, it doesn't exempt him or any of the players from criticism though.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

When does Steve Cooper get some credit ? on 22:13 - May 18 with 680 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

The problem we have is that we all know if we become a team that plays by shape and by numbers as we became at the backend of our pl years that we are likely to be unable to compete if we go up

He has fantastic contacts and we have players who would have been highly unlikely to come here without him and this has probably led to our league position which ultimately could lead to us winning the playoffs so for our club he has done a great job with the money that could potentially come in

As a fan however the football is basic and hard to watch and will only become harder next season should we go up

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

When does Steve Cooper get some credit ? on 22:33 - May 18 with 666 viewsfelixstowe_jack

If Potter style means finishing mid table and an inability to defend at corners and free kicks I am not sure many fans want that.

Copper has done a remarkable job seeing the board sold both Dan James and oli mcburnie who were our attacking players . Arguably Dan was the only player who could get fans out of their seats when he had the ball.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

When does Steve Cooper get some credit ? on 23:10 - May 18 with 648 viewsKeithHaynes

When does Steve Cooper get some credit ? on 22:33 - May 18 by felixstowe_jack

If Potter style means finishing mid table and an inability to defend at corners and free kicks I am not sure many fans want that.

Copper has done a remarkable job seeing the board sold both Dan James and oli mcburnie who were our attacking players . Arguably Dan was the only player who could get fans out of their seats when he had the ball.

Potter and Pep tonight mind, comedy gold at the end.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

When does Steve Cooper get some credit ? on 07:30 - May 19 with 609 viewsHeadmaster

Could you see a Cooper side having 64% possession against Man City and winning 3-2?

We need a change in the summer regardless.
When does Steve Cooper get some credit ? on 08:02 - May 19 with 596 viewsDr_Parnassus

When does Steve Cooper get some credit ? on 07:30 - May 19 by Headmaster

Could you see a Cooper side having 64% possession against Man City and winning 3-2?

We need a change in the summer regardless.

Depends what side I guess.

We had 38% possession under Potter when we played Leeds let along Man City.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Login to get fewer ads

When does Steve Cooper get some credit ? on 08:10 - May 19 with 590 viewsThornburyswan

When does Steve Cooper get some credit ? on 22:13 - May 18 by PatchesOHoulihan

The problem we have is that we all know if we become a team that plays by shape and by numbers as we became at the backend of our pl years that we are likely to be unable to compete if we go up

He has fantastic contacts and we have players who would have been highly unlikely to come here without him and this has probably led to our league position which ultimately could lead to us winning the playoffs so for our club he has done a great job with the money that could potentially come in

As a fan however the football is basic and hard to watch and will only become harder next season should we go up

Good summary that PoH - whilst I still do not expect us to go up, even if we manage the hone leg vs Barnsley effectively, in our current structure we would threaten Derby’s worst ever 11 point total.

That said it would put us on a better financial footing & managed well could put us back into the Championship in a better position on & off the pitch - bit like Norwich & WBA have done a few times.
When does Steve Cooper get some credit ? on 10:13 - May 19 with 568 viewsCatullus

When does Steve Cooper get some credit ? on 08:10 - May 19 by Thornburyswan

Good summary that PoH - whilst I still do not expect us to go up, even if we manage the hone leg vs Barnsley effectively, in our current structure we would threaten Derby’s worst ever 11 point total.

That said it would put us on a better financial footing & managed well could put us back into the Championship in a better position on & off the pitch - bit like Norwich & WBA have done a few times.

Atually TS, that is pretty much the extent of my ambition, IF we go up, don't spend on transfers and wages, accept the inevitable though fight til the bitter end and use the money wisely when we come down. A few years of building us up slowly again, it could wield long term benefits, COULD!!!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

When does Steve Cooper get some credit ? on 23:41 - May 19 with 506 viewsAndyCole

When does Steve Cooper get some credit ? on 22:13 - May 18 by PatchesOHoulihan

Hard to watch ?

Dear me, we have far too many entitled supporters.

The last 2 seasons, most especially the excitement of the back to back Playoffs have been a joy for those that have some sense of perspective and understanding of the game.

I suggest watching a game or two from (say) Matt Grimes' or Ayew's perspective. Totally enthralling stuff. The way in which those two have commanded, driven and delivered is astonishing in itself. The way in which we have drawn upon our inner belief and bounced back time and again is enthralling. Testimony to top class coaching and leadership on and off the pitch.

I thought this was a rare up-beat thread, celebrating our success. Yet far too many will only look to moan. Plenty of threads for the moaners elsewhere...........

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

When does Steve Cooper get some credit ? on 08:24 - May 20 with 449 viewsonehunglow

When does Steve Cooper get some credit ? on 23:41 - May 19 by AndyCole

Hard to watch ?

Dear me, we have far too many entitled supporters.

The last 2 seasons, most especially the excitement of the back to back Playoffs have been a joy for those that have some sense of perspective and understanding of the game.

I suggest watching a game or two from (say) Matt Grimes' or Ayew's perspective. Totally enthralling stuff. The way in which those two have commanded, driven and delivered is astonishing in itself. The way in which we have drawn upon our inner belief and bounced back time and again is enthralling. Testimony to top class coaching and leadership on and off the pitch.

I thought this was a rare up-beat thread, celebrating our success. Yet far too many will only look to moan. Plenty of threads for the moaners elsewhere...........

AC,
Cracker on Farmers on t'other page basically telling them they were wrong to vote for the Tories.
The party for the posh .privileged rural dwellers is hated more than Steve .

Your posting really cheers me up,honest.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

When does Steve Cooper get some credit ? on 20:11 - May 20 with 418 viewsReslovenSwan1

The master mind of "Swansalona" was Huw Jenkins OBE. The fans backed their representatives in the SCST to oust Swansea s greatest ever Chairman that had incredibly seen the SCST share valuation rise 100 times. This matter not a jot to them it seems. All the other investors from 2002 were delighted.

There was evidence the man was back on form with the Potter appointent. Potter has comfotably guided Brighton to safety for two seasons and remoulded Swansea in 12 months. "Dan James gate" happened and the great man fell on his sword on the night of the long knives.

The fans have gone with the advice of their SCST leader rather than common sense. They have no one to blame than themselves. Jenkins was a once in two generation leader. The SCST leadership have taken their members on a walk up a blind alleyway.

Steve Cooper is the best they could have possibly hoped for but the days of beautiful football are over. I believe Cooper should be wise enough and beef up his coaching team and continue to defy the critics. A Routledge or Rangel would not go ammiss.

When does Steve Cooper get some credit ? on 20:34 - May 20 with 411 viewsChief

When does Steve Cooper get some credit ? on 20:11 - May 20 by ReslovenSwan1

The master mind of "Swansalona" was Huw Jenkins OBE. The fans backed their representatives in the SCST to oust Swansea s greatest ever Chairman that had incredibly seen the SCST share valuation rise 100 times. This matter not a jot to them it seems. All the other investors from 2002 were delighted.

There was evidence the man was back on form with the Potter appointent. Potter has comfotably guided Brighton to safety for two seasons and remoulded Swansea in 12 months. "Dan James gate" happened and the great man fell on his sword on the night of the long knives.

The fans have gone with the advice of their SCST leader rather than common sense. They have no one to blame than themselves. Jenkins was a once in two generation leader. The SCST leadership have taken their members on a walk up a blind alleyway.

Steve Cooper is the best they could have possibly hoped for but the days of beautiful football are over. I believe Cooper should be wise enough and beef up his coaching team and continue to defy the critics. A Routledge or Rangel would not go ammiss.

Haha i was wondering when your 'must have random dig at supporters trust' alarm was going to go off again.

And fair play you've outdone yourself in the randomness of this one...

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

When does Steve Cooper get some credit ? on 21:19 - May 20 with 387 viewsReslovenSwan1

When does Steve Cooper get some credit ? on 20:34 - May 20 by Chief

Haha i was wondering when your 'must have random dig at supporters trust' alarm was going to go off again.

And fair play you've outdone yourself in the randomness of this one...

I take the SCST very seriously. They are not very shrewd but they do have some influence. This would of course be much greater if -

a) They had less shares.
b) More money in the bank.
c) Invested in the club.
d) Had good relations with the majority owner.

It is a fact they lobbied for Jenkins's removal. He went when he lost influence and friends and he took 'Swansalona' with him. Leon Britton was promoted to carry on this legacy but was not up to the job.

I would like to see Routledge or Rangel to help Cooper get back to the beautiful game that he says he wants tp play. They can all learn from each other. Rangel has seen it all and must have learned something. Routledge is knowlegable and serious enough to critique past coaches like Brendan and is loyal to Swansea.

When does Steve Cooper get some credit ? on 21:32 - May 20 with 380 viewsChief

When does Steve Cooper get some credit ? on 21:19 - May 20 by ReslovenSwan1

I take the SCST very seriously. They are not very shrewd but they do have some influence. This would of course be much greater if -

a) They had less shares.
b) More money in the bank.
c) Invested in the club.
d) Had good relations with the majority owner.

It is a fact they lobbied for Jenkins's removal. He went when he lost influence and friends and he took 'Swansalona' with him. Leon Britton was promoted to carry on this legacy but was not up to the job.

I would like to see Routledge or Rangel to help Cooper get back to the beautiful game that he says he wants tp play. They can all learn from each other. Rangel has seen it all and must have learned something. Routledge is knowlegable and serious enough to critique past coaches like Brendan and is loyal to Swansea.

And what does any of this have to do with Steve Cooper not (or actually) receiving credit exactly!?

When does Steve Cooper get some credit ? on 15:05 - May 21 with 333 viewsBadlands

I think you'd be surprised how many fans said they would prefer to stay in Championship with Potter and enjoy games than go up and watch Monk style football and constantly getting battered.
He also had to deal with losing, some at short notice, Rangel, Leon, Fabianski' Ki, Bartley, Mawson, Amat, Fed, Baston, Ayew, Bony, Carroll, Montero, Clucas.
For whatever reason, mostly financial, the senior team was virtually removed.
Cooper had the core of a settled and very good Championship squad.
Our defence of set pieces has only improved since Tate was drafted in and Cabango and Bennet teamed up; yes Guehi is a good acquisition but was that move down to Cooper or Birch?

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

When does Steve Cooper get some credit ? on 15:33 - May 21 with 315 viewsonehunglow

When does Steve Cooper get some credit ? on 15:05 - May 21 by Badlands

I think you'd be surprised how many fans said they would prefer to stay in Championship with Potter and enjoy games than go up and watch Monk style football and constantly getting battered.
He also had to deal with losing, some at short notice, Rangel, Leon, Fabianski' Ki, Bartley, Mawson, Amat, Fed, Baston, Ayew, Bony, Carroll, Montero, Clucas.
For whatever reason, mostly financial, the senior team was virtually removed.
Cooper had the core of a settled and very good Championship squad.
Our defence of set pieces has only improved since Tate was drafted in and Cabango and Bennet teamed up; yes Guehi is a good acquisition but was that move down to Cooper or Birch?

And people who d rather u be in the Champ as it's easier to get tickets and sit with their chums.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

When does Steve Cooper get some credit ? on 19:24 - May 21 with 302 viewsReslovenSwan1

When does Steve Cooper get some credit ? on 21:32 - May 20 by Chief

And what does any of this have to do with Steve Cooper not (or actually) receiving credit exactly!?

Cooper gets credit when he plays the entertaining football seen under the Jenkins regime. Fans are complaining about rhe poor entrtinment on show with the atrrtional style of Cooper.

The SCST's poor leadership lobbied the US owners for Jenkins's removal.

When does Steve Cooper get some credit ? on 19:26 - May 21 with 301 viewsChief

When does Steve Cooper get some credit ? on 19:24 - May 21 by ReslovenSwan1

Cooper gets credit when he plays the entertaining football seen under the Jenkins regime. Fans are complaining about rhe poor entrtinment on show with the atrrtional style of Cooper.

The SCST's poor leadership lobbied the US owners for Jenkins's removal.

You've already admitted above that Jenkins 'fell on his sword' following the Dan James saga.

So you can blame the Americans for Huw leaving his post.

Still not sure what any of this has to do with Cooper, present day getting respect. Very tenuous.

Nice try though.
[Post edited 21 May 2021 19:27]

When does Steve Cooper get some credit ? on 22:58 - May 21 with 282 viewsReslovenSwan1

When does Steve Cooper get some credit ? on 19:26 - May 21 by Chief

You've already admitted above that Jenkins 'fell on his sword' following the Dan James saga.

So you can blame the Americans for Huw leaving his post.

Still not sure what any of this has to do with Cooper, present day getting respect. Very tenuous.

Nice try though.
[Post edited 21 May 2021 19:27]

Fans want Cooper to play football tha was played under the leadership of Jenkins. Then for about a decade they won with a fast flowing style of football. The fans helped remove Jenkins so someone ele will need to pick up the sword .Birch was a shrewd guy and broufgt in Britton to do this. He sadly was not up to the challenge.

Routledge Rangel may be made of sterner stuff.

When does Steve Cooper get some credit ? on 23:33 - May 21 with 278 viewsChief

When does Steve Cooper get some credit ? on 22:58 - May 21 by ReslovenSwan1

Fans want Cooper to play football tha was played under the leadership of Jenkins. Then for about a decade they won with a fast flowing style of football. The fans helped remove Jenkins so someone ele will need to pick up the sword .Birch was a shrewd guy and broufgt in Britton to do this. He sadly was not up to the challenge.

Routledge Rangel may be made of sterner stuff.

What a convoluted tenuous story all designed to have a pop at the trust again. And it wasn't even them that sacked Jenkins!

These rants are getting increasingly incoherent Resolven.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024