Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Grimes Unchained 00:17 - May 18 with 6066 viewsAndyCole

A massive win and exceptionally clever performance tonight. Grimes was the epitome of everything that is good about us under Cooper. Clever, calm, assured, measured, confident, exuberant at times. A winner.

Grimes is our heartbeat, the metronome that keeps us ticking, fighting, linking. Our extra man in defence. Our conscience.

Yet I would love to see him in a more advanced role. Doing the same yet in the Red Action Zone, pressing their DCM and backline. We could raise the bar and totally smash all-comers. Our best player is now needed to orchestrate further up field in our quest for promo. He has all the leadership, respect and broad shoulders to make the difference.

He's one of the best in the league in DCM/CM and is our heartbeat when we're looking to build patiently from the back through our fulcrum.

Yet it's time to unchain him to leverage his tenacity, vision and drive to get some tempo and ZIP ZIP ZIP where it hurts. And propel us through the playoffs and beyond.

If anyone witnessed his 2nd half against Yeovil under Potter (2018) - he lit up the game in that space and scored a cracker. Potter knew then he had a gem (but oddly didn't have the know how to best utilise that latent match-winning talent).

He's the nearest we have to a Cantwell or MGW. Match winners (esp sitting behind out and out strikers). Switch Grimes and Fulton - I'm sure they will both flourish in their more naturally potent roles. Fulton has shown maturity to not hide as he once did - he can be trusted to anchor, to receive 1st phase and look ahead to Grimes, Ayew in 2nd phase.

Time for Cooper to unleash the Tarantino in himself and Unchain Grimes to make those match-winning decisions for himself., in the final third.
(ps - forget Shulz, Frank's a sideshow)

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Grimes Unchained on 07:53 - May 18 with 3716 views34dfgdf54

<< He's the nearest we have to a Cantwell or MGW. Match winners (esp sitting behind out and out strikers). Switch Grimes and Fulton - I'm sure they will both flourish in their more naturally potent roles. Fulton has shown maturity to not hide as he once did - he can be trusted to anchor, to receive 1st phase and look ahead to Grimes, Ayew in 2nd phase. >>

Grimes Unchained on 08:55 - May 18 with 3635 viewsBoundy

Must be being paid by the word , may i suggest using less and perhaps in some semblance of order

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Grimes Unchained on 15:37 - May 18 with 3525 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Grimes Unchained on 08:55 - May 18 by Boundy

Must be being paid by the word , may i suggest using less and perhaps in some semblance of order

Andy Mole (aged 13 and 1/4) is back

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Grimes Unchained on 17:21 - May 18 with 3464 viewsonehunglow

I d say this is serious salacious.

I’m all for a bit of adult fun myself .

Boy boy,girl girl action. It matters not.

I hope he s worthy of you Andy

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Grimes Unchained (n/t) on 01:02 - Sep 17 with 3204 viewsWalterBoyd

Grimes Unchained on 17:21 - May 18 by onehunglow

Cant quote op so here we go.

Wow Andy. Grimes fan. Still ?

He literally slows down all our good play.
[Post edited 17 Sep 2021 1:10]
Grimes Unchained on 01:04 - Sep 17 with 3202 viewsWalterBoyd

Grimes Unchained on 17:21 - May 18 by onehunglow

That's a strange comment.

It's as if all the Russ haters are a bit odd.
Grimes Unchained on 09:25 - Sep 17 with 2982 viewsonehunglow

Grimes Unchained on 01:04 - Sep 17 by WalterBoyd

Either you are playing dumb or you re on a mission from PS headquarters i.

Russ hater .?

Explain that one then.

I ll make it easy for you. Martin,right now ,to me,is a huge gamble we do not need. Right now,I believe he was a shocking appointment. Right now, we see no improvement as such and are in the basement. Show me a fan who is genuinely happy and I ll give you a fiver . You will meet plenty of positive comments on a forum like this but in real life folks are worried. You are.I am. Have a look in the glass and be honest if only with yourself.

If Russ finds a way then boohoo but I can’t see it.

I can see much discord though and very soon when many more will have lost patience with being patient. Russ will be off and it is we who are left to start again.

Grimes Unchained on 09:28 - Sep 17 with 3005 viewsbuilthjack

Cooper left a while back

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Login to get fewer ads

Grimes Unchained on 09:30 - Sep 17 with 2973 viewsDr_Parnassus

The “new” troll has bumped another thread from months back for whatever reason.

Let’s hope someone pushes the button soon.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Grimes Unchained on 10:55 - Sep 18 with 2859 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Grimes Unchained on 01:04 - Sep 17 by WalterBoyd

Which they are. Everyone gave Cooper their full and unequivocal backing when he arrived and we bought into his style. These “Cooperphiles” aren’t giving Martin any time at all.

It was only when Coopers coaching powers deserted him and wasn’t adapting his team to win games, just relying on the tired formula people then lost faith. And we turned an auto promotion place into a play off failure.

Grimes Unchained on 17:45 - Sep 18 with 2765 viewsAndyCole

Grimes unchained, in the 2nd half. We wrest control and salvage a point when 3-0 down.

The senior players are showing Martin the way. Let's hope he now begins to listen when pencilling his team sheets......

We need our best players, experienced players through the spine in this period of transition esp. Schoolboy level football management, for beginners.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Grimes Unchained on 19:09 - Sep 18 with 2708 viewsReslovenSwan1

Grimes Unchained on 17:45 - Sep 18 by AndyCole

Grimes unchained, in the 2nd half. We wrest control and salvage a point when 3-0 down.

The senior players are showing Martin the way. Let's hope he now begins to listen when pencilling his team sheets......

We need our best players, experienced players through the spine in this period of transition esp. Schoolboy level football management, for beginners.

Nathan Jones. "We are the best pressing team in the league, but we could not sustain it. I did not tell them to drop off, they just did it. I made substitutions early. We were very tired in the second half and had injuries. Its three games in a week".

Is any of this starting to make sense to anyone?

Wise sage since Toshack era

Grimes Unchained on 19:12 - Sep 18 with 2705 viewsjackrmee

Grimes Unchained on 19:09 - Sep 18 by ReslovenSwan1

Nathan Jones. "We are the best pressing team in the league, but we could not sustain it. I did not tell them to drop off, they just did it. I made substitutions early. We were very tired in the second half and had injuries. Its three games in a week".

Is any of this starting to make sense to anyone?

So they didn't sit back at all.
They were way more tired than we were.
Was that confounded by our continuous passsing game? It's not easy running after the ball for 90+ mins.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Grimes Unchained on 22:09 - Sep 18 with 2643 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Grimes Unchained on 17:45 - Sep 18 by AndyCole

If Martin had the balls to hook Grimes instead of Downes we’d have won the game. It’s no coincidence that Grimes is only here because nobody else wanted him.

Grimes Unchained on 22:10 - Sep 18 with 2621 viewsonehunglow

Grimes Unchained on 19:12 - Sep 18 by jackrmee

So they didn't sit back at all.
They were way more tired than we were.
Was that confounded by our continuous passsing game? It's not easy running after the ball for 90+ mins.

If we weren't tired then how does that sit with our fans being reported as not being fit enough.

Grimes Unchained on 22:19 - Sep 18 with 2630 viewsjackrmee

Grimes Unchained on 22:10 - Sep 18 by onehunglow

If we weren't tired then how does that sit with our fans being reported as not being fit enough.

I said MORE tired than we were.
That means that we were tired, but not as much as Luton.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Grimes Unchained on 20:56 - Sep 19 with 2523 viewsWalterBoyd

Totally agree. Tired. But not as much as them luckily.
Grimes Unchained on 23:32 - Sep 21 with 2404 viewsRock

Grimes Unchained on 07:53 - May 18 by 34dfgdf54

<< He's the nearest we have to a Cantwell or MGW. Match winners (esp sitting behind out and out strikers). Switch Grimes and Fulton - I'm sure they will both flourish in their more naturally potent roles. Fulton has shown maturity to not hide as he once did - he can be trusted to anchor, to receive 1st phase and look ahead to Grimes, Ayew in 2nd phase. >>

Wow, Risca, just wow. Lol, “Grimes unchained”.

I am at a loss for words for how anyone who has ever seen Grimes play even one match could possibly think that. Even his biggest defenders and advocates would never say something like this.

You can say other positive things about Grimes and be right - decent positional discipline and shield in front of the backline, okay range of passing when given time, never injured, good stamina and character.

But a “matchwinner”? A “Cantwell or MGW”?

Clear trolling obviously, there’s no other explanation.
Grimes Unchained on 23:34 - Sep 21 with 2400 viewsRock

Grimes Unchained on 09:30 - Sep 17 by Dr_Parnassus

The “new” troll has bumped another thread from months back for whatever reason.

Let’s hope someone pushes the button soon.

The reason is to clearly bring trolls like you and Andy up on your actual words chap, pretty easy to understand. It makes it very obvious what you are doing, and you know that.

It’s so transparent at this point, nearly every thread is subsumed by your ridiculous, hypocritical negative rantings about our manager. Your own words deceive you.

You seek out attention and you respond to literally every post that is in support of Martin in hopes of starting your never-ending cycle of trolling. Well and truly sussed by everyone on here.

You are no Swans fan, you’re clearly just a troll. This is the reality.
Grimes Unchained on 22:38 - Sep 26 with 2292 viewsAndyCole

Grimes Unchained on 23:34 - Sep 21 by Rock

The reason is to clearly bring trolls like you and Andy up on your actual words chap, pretty easy to understand. It makes it very obvious what you are doing, and you know that.

It’s so transparent at this point, nearly every thread is subsumed by your ridiculous, hypocritical negative rantings about our manager. Your own words deceive you.

You seek out attention and you respond to literally every post that is in support of Martin in hopes of starting your never-ending cycle of trolling. Well and truly sussed by everyone on here.

You are no Swans fan, you’re clearly just a troll. This is the reality.

Back on topic.....your incessant derailing of threads with nothing of substance, not even a glimmer of relevant content must be so demeaning for you.

Grimes Unchained indeed - playing in that forward pocket (as advised), using his massive influence in the Red zone. His best position, as pointed out some yonks ago. A joy to behold, truly.

Now that Downes is finally showing signs he may be trusted to anchor behind our talisman, and allow our very best player and captain to flourish, we maybe have a chance.

Martin clearly now paying heed again to the better threads on this (the very best, unrivalled Swans forum).

Grimes has been, and still is the key. Some will never have the footballing nous to ever see this. More's the pity. We know who you are......

Grimes Unchained on 22:55 - Sep 26 with 2256 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Grimes Unchained on 22:38 - Sep 26 by AndyCole

Back on topic.....your incessant derailing of threads with nothing of substance, not even a glimmer of relevant content must be so demeaning for you.

Grimes Unchained indeed - playing in that forward pocket (as advised), using his massive influence in the Red zone. His best position, as pointed out some yonks ago. A joy to behold, truly.

Now that Downes is finally showing signs he may be trusted to anchor behind our talisman, and allow our very best player and captain to flourish, we maybe have a chance.

Martin clearly now paying heed again to the better threads on this (the very best, unrivalled Swans forum).

Grimes has been, and still is the key. Some will never have the footballing nous to ever see this. More's the pity. We know who you are......

I’m just waiting for the day your hero is “rested” - so we can see our attacking play speed up a few notches

Grimes Unchained on 23:03 - Sep 26 with 2246 viewsWalterBoyd

"If anyone witnessed his 2nd half against Yeovil under Potter (2018) - he lit up the game in that space and scored a cracker."

Will be one of the funniest things I have ever read on this site. 2018

Russ has told him he can pass forward this last week, hoofball never finding Piroe is now where we are at.

I am sure it will improve, but Andy, dear me.

Grimes Unchained on 23:44 - Sep 26 with 2231 viewsWalterBoyd

Grimes Unchained on 22:38 - Sep 26 by AndyCole

You have accused other posters of derailing threads, you tried your best to derail Russ as our manager, like no true fan would, , nonsense threads about him.being in cahoots with previous owners.

When questionned you ran, hid like a scared little boy / girl and had no answer.

Now you are back. Still not answered the questions posed.

File under

[Post edited 26 Sep 2021 23:46]
Grimes Unchained on 17:52 - Oct 2 with 2000 viewsAndyCole

Bump.

Grimesy totally bossed everything that was good about us today. It's a pity Martin is unable to assemble a proper final third to complement Grimesy's promotion into the opposing half. Head n shoulders the best player on the pitch, again.

Now that Grimes is being Unleashed, with Grimes finally getting Downes to be that workhorse gofer to sit deep and go the ugly dog work, Grimes is commanding and controlling where he can do his damage, in that Red zone.

Martin now needs to play catch up and work with his captain and talismanic leader to orchestrate a Winning Formula, with Grimesy underpinning the final third progression.

It really ain't rocket science.

Grimes Unchained on 18:03 - Oct 2 with 1968 viewslifelong

I thought Grimes was excellent today.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024