Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Welsh sports media 08:43 - May 18 with 2590 viewsbritferry

What a surprise...

Nothing on the BBC Wales news at 8.30am, plenty on football though, giving advice to Welsh fans planning to travel to Italy & Azerbaijan this summer

As for the so called "Wales Online", we do get a mention, which is more than Newport or Wrexham do but before our game yesterday, one of their main articles was on "Cardiff's promotion push"
[Post edited 18 May 2021 8:56]

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Welsh sports media on 08:55 - May 18 with 1867 viewsYrAlarch

Lot of mention on BBC Radio Wales including Steve Cooper's post match comments.
Welsh sports media on 09:16 - May 18 with 1841 viewsOptimisticJack

I've long given up watching it.
Always been the same and will not change.

Optimisticjack

Welsh sports media on 09:25 - May 18 with 1826 viewspencoedjack

Welsh sports media on 09:16 - May 18 by OptimisticJack

I've long given up watching it.
Always been the same and will not change.

Me too

I get great satisfaction knowing its eating away at them.
Welsh sports media on 11:06 - May 18 with 1770 viewsReslovenSwan1

This line of thinking is a total myth. Welsh people are all too keen to smash wales online and the Western Mail and buy Murdoch's upskirting rags and right wing agenda. Murdoch is now going hard after the BBC. If you want to see his agenda tune into Sky Australia. They love the woman Hopkins.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Welsh sports media on 11:33 - May 18 with 1751 viewsBoundy

Welsh sports media on 11:06 - May 18 by ReslovenSwan1

This line of thinking is a total myth. Welsh people are all too keen to smash wales online and the Western Mail and buy Murdoch's upskirting rags and right wing agenda. Murdoch is now going hard after the BBC. If you want to see his agenda tune into Sky Australia. They love the woman Hopkins.

is it. I don't believe so but you have your opinion I ,mine.

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Welsh sports media on 11:59 - May 18 with 1724 viewsKeithHaynes

I’m sorry mate but it’s not, we proved this the other day when Wales on line and bbc Wales totally ignored the national coverage the swans got for their stance against racism.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Welsh sports media on 12:32 - May 18 with 1678 viewsonehunglow

Welsh sports media on 08:55 - May 18 by YrAlarch

Lot of mention on BBC Radio Wales including Steve Cooper's post match comments.

Mention?

That word says it all

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Welsh sports media on 12:53 - May 18 with 1689 viewssP7qupUf

Yesterday's two main football stories on Wales Online was all about Cardiff City's potential summer transfer business. Obviously a slow news day for Welsh football as there was nothing else of relevance happening yesterday.
Login to get fewer ads

Welsh sports media on 13:02 - May 18 with 1673 viewsVincent_Vega

lulz. You only have to scroll through the twitter feed of the 'Head of Sport Wales Online & Mainstream Welsh papers' to show your statement up as being complete bull.

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

Welsh sports media on 13:25 - May 18 with 1619 viewsonehunglow

It is ,or supposed to be ,the national broadcaster of WALES.

Welsh sports media on 15:35 - May 18 with 1592 viewsReslovenSwan1

Welsh sports media on 11:59 - May 18 by KeithHaynes

I’m sorry mate but it’s not, we proved this the other day when Wales on line and bbc Wales totally ignored the national coverage the swans got for their stance against racism.

You use one dubious example as evidence. Valid but a seriously small database. Some would argue the anti Racisim stand was a 'non event'.

I base my view on 40 years of reading the Western Mail. Swansea City and Cardiff City are given equal billing. Fan have an obsession with the concept they are victims. They are not. Anti Welsh media post are pandering to Anglophone sentiments designed to get people reading the Mail, Express, Star or Sun. This results in Welsh people taking up an Englidh point of view.

It would be a sad day if the Western Mail for all its faults goes out of business. Poor numbers has already seen Welsh jobs lost.

Welsh sports media on 16:02 - May 18 with 1572 viewsYrAlarch

Welsh sports media on 12:32 - May 18 by onehunglow

Mention?

That word says it all

Ah OHL. I think you are applying 'mention' in its verbal sense (something you probably know a lot about). Try the noun. It's more relevant to my comment.
Welsh sports media on 16:20 - May 18 with 1553 viewspencoedjack

Welsh sports media on 15:35 - May 18 by ReslovenSwan1

You use one dubious example as evidence. Valid but a seriously small database. Some would argue the anti Racisim stand was a 'non event'.

I base my view on 40 years of reading the Western Mail. Swansea City and Cardiff City are given equal billing. Fan have an obsession with the concept they are victims. They are not. Anti Welsh media post are pandering to Anglophone sentiments designed to get people reading the Mail, Express, Star or Sun. This results in Welsh people taking up an Englidh point of view.

It would be a sad day if the Western Mail for all its faults goes out of business. Poor numbers has already seen Welsh jobs lost.

WOL is owned by Cardiff based reach plc a Cardiff based company.

You obviously don't read their 'national journalist' twitter posts if you think they are not biased.

Personally if Abbadonto lost his job it would bring a smile to my face, the bloke is a cock.
Welsh sports media on 16:54 - May 18 with 1508 viewsonehunglow

Welsh sports media on 16:02 - May 18 by YrAlarch

Ah OHL. I think you are applying 'mention' in its verbal sense (something you probably know a lot about). Try the noun. It's more relevant to my comment.

Try not engaging with me in the sarcasm states. You will lose.

I thought we were trying not to postin that vein.

Yes,mention,noun verb ,it makes little difference .

Mention to us cretins means just passing reference when we should be headlining.

Headline,noun or verb . Innit

Welsh sports media on 17:09 - May 18 with 1521 viewsbritferry

they did show us on the lunchtime news, very nice of them

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Welsh sports media on 17:29 - May 18 with 1500 viewsReslovenSwan1

Welsh sports media on 17:09 - May 18 by britferry

they did show us on the lunchtime news, very nice of them

Swansea sometimes do not even report on their u23 team for days especially if it is played o a Friday it seems. Is Swansea city prejudiced against Swansea city?

The Western Mail is not going to discriminate against its own readership. That makes no sense. Do not dance to globalist Murdoch and his chums. Read Welsh news produced by Welsh journos many tined in Wales (all beit Cardiff Uni) . They were reporting on
Swansea 4 Hull 2. Nobody else was there for one of the club's greatest hstoric wins.

Welsh sports media on 18:53 - May 18 with 1446 viewsKeithHaynes

Welsh sports media on 15:35 - May 18 by ReslovenSwan1

Dubious as a result of showing screenshots from the two days of the reporting of the stance by the Club, and it only featuring on WOL Swansea local news but it made the Washington post and every sky news outlet worldwide. The WOL and FAW refusal to answer anything regards their lack of publicity for the event. The FAW said nothing. Even challenging them on institutional racism by their lack of publicity ? They didn’t even answer kick it out. By utilising advanced searching technology to ensure we did the articles justice and didn’t misinform our 30,000 visits per day on this site ? By challenging WOL and the FAW on Twitter and on here, by email, on our sister sites and two other social media sites?

I’ve read many dubious things on here many times, but I can assure you when we started that particular storyline it was investigated fully. I personally stand by it, as do the other writers on this site. The WOL and FAW failed, it shone through like a beacon on the darkest of nights and their personal agenda against Swansea City is the reason, if it isn’t then it has to be the unthinkable that our press and media, and football governing body is absolutely and unequivocally racist.

When this site stands up against the filthy racism that our players at our club suffer we do it properly.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Welsh sports media on 19:07 - May 18 with 1403 viewsonehunglow

Welsh sports media on 18:53 - May 18 by KeithHaynes

Dubious as a result of showing screenshots from the two days of the reporting of the stance by the Club, and it only featuring on WOL Swansea local news but it made the Washington post and every sky news outlet worldwide. The WOL and FAW refusal to answer anything regards their lack of publicity for the event. The FAW said nothing. Even challenging them on institutional racism by their lack of publicity ? They didn’t even answer kick it out. By utilising advanced searching technology to ensure we did the articles justice and didn’t misinform our 30,000 visits per day on this site ? By challenging WOL and the FAW on Twitter and on here, by email, on our sister sites and two other social media sites?

I’ve read many dubious things on here many times, but I can assure you when we started that particular storyline it was investigated fully. I personally stand by it, as do the other writers on this site. The WOL and FAW failed, it shone through like a beacon on the darkest of nights and their personal agenda against Swansea City is the reason, if it isn’t then it has to be the unthinkable that our press and media, and football governing body is absolutely and unequivocally racist.

When this site stands up against the filthy racism that our players at our club suffer we do it properly.

I'd say that was a crushing riposte.

Welsh sports media on 21:39 - May 18 with 1320 viewsReslovenSwan1

Welsh sports media on 18:53 - May 18 by KeithHaynes

The Wales on line do not comment on you not reporting on one issue or another, why should you lecture the WoL?

They happened to believe other issues were more important on that day than Swansea city's stance on racism. That is their editorial choice. You should not be telling other news companies what to put in their paper or online.

If the boss of WoL rang you up and told you to write this or that article you would quite rightly tell him where to go.

A cursory look on line shows the FAW has been hghly active in promoting anti racism causes well before the Swansea city incidents. They have no need to suppport / coment on other bodies anti racist activities. Twitter comments or non cmments is not an accurate assessor of anything.

WoL is not shy in highlighting and commenting on racism in Wales either. They are not answerable to Swansea Independent.

Welsh sports media on 21:45 - May 18 with 1306 viewsKeithHaynes

Welsh sports media on 21:39 - May 18 by ReslovenSwan1

The Wales on line do not comment on you not reporting on one issue or another, why should you lecture the WoL?

They happened to believe other issues were more important on that day than Swansea city's stance on racism. That is their editorial choice. You should not be telling other news companies what to put in their paper or online.

If the boss of WoL rang you up and told you to write this or that article you would quite rightly tell him where to go.

A cursory look on line shows the FAW has been hghly active in promoting anti racism causes well before the Swansea city incidents. They have no need to suppport / coment on other bodies anti racist activities. Twitter comments or non cmments is not an accurate assessor of anything.

WoL is not shy in highlighting and commenting on racism in Wales either. They are not answerable to Swansea Independent.

They chose to ignore the biggest club club in the country and their anti racist stance.
There is nothing more to say, it isn’t about being answerable to anyone, least of all this website, Kick it out or any other entity, they need to understand that equality doesn’t begin and end in Westgate Street. Or indeed in the dust ridden antiquated 1970’s offices of the FAW. You do seem to be more bothered though with me and the website than the message we are sending. It’s a very simple one, no more hatred.

Edit.
If anyone from that rag or the FAW bar Mitchelmore rang me I would make it very clear this website doesn’t deal with a parochial agenda that divides our small country based on a few old men who still live in 1970 when Real Madrid came to Cardiff and dismiss continuously the achievements of our club. And as a result of their pathetic dislike of Swansea City and rapport with convicted football hooligans on Twitter they missed an opportunity to seriously promote a united front on hatred across the country.

They disgust me.

As do the FAW who said and did nothing to support Swansea City.

You can say what you like in response, I would never close down proper debate, but racism has no place here or anywhere as long as I am running this website. And I will forever confront it as I have since I understood the effect of hatred and abuse has on any person regardless of colour, culture or creed.

Welsh sports media on 23:38 - May 18 with 1222 viewsNotLoyal

Welsh sports media on 21:45 - May 18 by KeithHaynes

They chose to ignore the biggest club club in the country and their anti racist stance.
There is nothing more to say, it isn’t about being answerable to anyone, least of all this website, Kick it out or any other entity, they need to understand that equality doesn’t begin and end in Westgate Street. Or indeed in the dust ridden antiquated 1970’s offices of the FAW. You do seem to be more bothered though with me and the website than the message we are sending. It’s a very simple one, no more hatred.

Edit.
If anyone from that rag or the FAW bar Mitchelmore rang me I would make it very clear this website doesn’t deal with a parochial agenda that divides our small country based on a few old men who still live in 1970 when Real Madrid came to Cardiff and dismiss continuously the achievements of our club. And as a result of their pathetic dislike of Swansea City and rapport with convicted football hooligans on Twitter they missed an opportunity to seriously promote a united front on hatred across the country.

They disgust me.

As do the FAW who said and did nothing to support Swansea City.

You can say what you like in response, I would never close down proper debate, but racism has no place here or anywhere as long as I am running this website. And I will forever confront it as I have since I understood the effect of hatred and abuse has on any person regardless of colour, culture or creed.

Mate, you've taken this website from complete hatred to what it is now, and I'm not without fault. But today on this thread you have made me very proud. No racism, not ever, ever, ever. I'm not allowed to swear. Properly.

But the more haters you get rid of the better this place will be. 12 binned yesterday ? Nice one. You don't have to be left or right to understand decency.

Schooled 😉

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Welsh sports media on 19:10 - May 19 with 1068 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Welsh sports media on 13:25 - May 18 by onehunglow

It is ,or supposed to be ,the national broadcaster of WALES.

BBCARDIFF

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Welsh sports media on 19:45 - May 19 with 1034 viewsReslovenSwan1

The FAW is an elelcted body run by elected councillors who appoint the CEO. They recently ousted the incumbant Jonathan Ford. It is democratic.

The BBC reports on FAW view on racial discimination here with reference to Swansea City's action.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56785242

Welsh sports media on 19:47 - May 19 with 1029 viewsKeithHaynes

Welsh sports media on 19:45 - May 19 by ReslovenSwan1

The FAW is an elelcted body run by elected councillors who appoint the CEO. They recently ousted the incumbant Jonathan Ford. It is democratic.

The BBC reports on FAW view on racial discimination here with reference to Swansea City's action.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56785242

But nothing on their official social media accounts or website 🤭

Welsh sports media on 21:17 - May 19 with 993 viewsonehunglow

Welsh sports media on 23:38 - May 18 by NotLoyal

Mate, you've taken this website from complete hatred to what it is now, and I'm not without fault. But today on this thread you have made me very proud. No racism, not ever, ever, ever. I'm not allowed to swear. Properly.

But the more haters you get rid of the better this place will be. 12 binned yesterday ? Nice one. You don't have to be left or right to understand decency.

Schooled 😉

For what it’s worth,I feel the same way.
I do not though consider criticising ant player or manager as hatred,as some say.
I do not hate Cooper,Woody,Naughton,Routledge, Hoolie or the stadium cat . It is ,for me,our duty to criticise,slag off if you like, any player we feel letting our club down.

This applies to councils, governments and those who work in them who have a direct impact on Swansea and Wales.

Note well, stating a Swansea lacks certain things is nit hatred, neither is questioning the validity of the Welsh language or the national broadcaster of Wales ,which is a pitiful joke of a station and deserves our contempt .

So, keep to subject, discuss and avoid ad hominem at all costs

Great stuff

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024