Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
James Collins 22:44 - May 19 with 1710 viewsraynor94

Signed for Cardiff from Luton, looks like it's saying Moore is available.

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

James Collins on 22:57 - May 19 with 1679 viewsTenbySwan

Developing their youth policy again!
James Collins on 23:59 - May 19 with 1632 viewsjasper_T

To be Moore's understudy, surely.
James Collins on 07:26 - May 20 with 1534 viewssP7qupUf

James Collins on 22:57 - May 19 by TenbySwan

Developing their youth policy again!

Yes.... and the number of people who think that HKR would be a good signing for us I found interesting. Just my opinion but to my mind young hungry players are what we need to take us forward.
James Collins on 08:00 - May 20 with 1518 viewsDr_Winston

Have they given up on Watters already?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

James Collins on 08:02 - May 20 with 1513 views34dfgdf54

James Collins on 08:00 - May 20 by Dr_Winston

Have they given up on Watters already?

Watters was someone I thought we would regret missing out on. Looks to be a let off. Huge step up from League 2.
James Collins on 08:13 - May 20 with 1503 viewsDr_Winston

James Collins on 08:02 - May 20 by 34dfgdf54

Watters was someone I thought we would regret missing out on. Looks to be a let off. Huge step up from League 2.

Worth a punt at £250k with add ons. Massively overpriced at £1m considering he only had half a season behind him.

Could still come good, but it's a risk I'm glad we didn't take despite the outrage from some that we didn't match their price.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

James Collins on 13:04 - May 20 with 1344 viewsReslovenSwan1

James Collins on 08:13 - May 20 by Dr_Winston

Worth a punt at £250k with add ons. Massively overpriced at £1m considering he only had half a season behind him.

Could still come good, but it's a risk I'm glad we didn't take despite the outrage from some that we didn't match their price.

Watters is like Lowe in that respect. Buy a player and work on his technique and skills. Lowe has started at the bottom and adapted to each new level he plays at. Last season 5 goals this season 15 or so (no pens). He did similar numbers in league 1. Whos to say he cannot do it in the premeirr league. He will need a season to adapt. One gets the impression Cardiff want ready made players. If not up to scratch they are binned. Glatzel looks pretty good to me.

McBurnie should now be fiying having had a good first season 5 goals or so but has lost his way with just one goal and two arrests. He has been arrested twice as often as he has scored a goal.
[Post edited 20 May 2021 13:22]

Wise sage since Toshack era

James Collins on 13:50 - May 20 with 1303 viewsjasper_T

Rubin Colwill's had a run in the side recently, and Mark Harris has been getting minutes ahead of Watters. Both signed new deals recently. One more youngster was due a start as well but got injured supposedly. Not sure it's fair to say they're only looking to full-developed players, their academy is finally producing but another big strong target man type is hard to find among the kids.
Login to get fewer ads

James Collins on 14:17 - May 20 with 1265 viewsReslovenSwan1

James Collins on 13:50 - May 20 by jasper_T

Rubin Colwill's had a run in the side recently, and Mark Harris has been getting minutes ahead of Watters. Both signed new deals recently. One more youngster was due a start as well but got injured supposedly. Not sure it's fair to say they're only looking to full-developed players, their academy is finally producing but another big strong target man type is hard to find among the kids.

For a rugby nation finding a home grown no 9 is very difficult . Nothing from the Swansea academy for decades. Centre halves by the dozen. Swansea have even imported the like of Biotti Biabbi and Baker Richardson to fill the void.

If I was Jenkins / Birch / Winter I would have been asking the acedmy cheif some tough questions. No club need 5-6 centre backs. Are big lads at 11 pushed to be defenders?. Glad to see Bony Junior in not a Centre back.

Cameron Evans, Joe Lewis, Brandon Cooper, Ben Erikson, Scott Butler Joe Rodon, Keston Davies Scott Tancock, eight prospects all 6 ft plus all Welsh youth international and all centrebacks. Six foot Welsh prospects at youth level 18-19. Zero. Is the academy there to provide careers for players or serve the interests of Swansea city.?

Wise sage since Toshack era

James Collins on 14:49 - May 20 with 1240 viewsFlashberryjack

James Collins on 13:50 - May 20 by jasper_T

Their scouts are very active in our area, they've been keeping tabs on a couple of my grandsons team mates including him.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

James Collins on 15:57 - May 20 with 1188 viewsjasper_T

James Collins on 14:49 - May 20 by Flashberryjack

Their scouts are very active in our area, they've been keeping tabs on a couple of my grandsons team mates including him.

Goes both ways of course. Iwan Morgan whose been playing up front for the u18s came over from Cardiff's academy this season, and loads of the scholars are from Cardiff and surroundings.

We're not the biggest catchment area in terms of population so there should always be competition to attract the best prospects between us. Two strong academies with proven pathways to senior football would be great for Welsh football and both clubs.
James Collins on 16:47 - May 20 with 1134 viewsonehunglow

James Collins on 14:17 - May 20 by ReslovenSwan1

For a rugby nation finding a home grown no 9 is very difficult . Nothing from the Swansea academy for decades. Centre halves by the dozen. Swansea have even imported the like of Biotti Biabbi and Baker Richardson to fill the void.

If I was Jenkins / Birch / Winter I would have been asking the acedmy cheif some tough questions. No club need 5-6 centre backs. Are big lads at 11 pushed to be defenders?. Glad to see Bony Junior in not a Centre back.

Cameron Evans, Joe Lewis, Brandon Cooper, Ben Erikson, Scott Butler Joe Rodon, Keston Davies Scott Tancock, eight prospects all 6 ft plus all Welsh youth international and all centrebacks. Six foot Welsh prospects at youth level 18-19. Zero. Is the academy there to provide careers for players or serve the interests of Swansea city.?

I suggested we are a "rugby nation" but got told off by a poster of some repute.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

James Collins on 17:51 - May 20 with 1122 viewsKeithHaynes

James Collins on 16:47 - May 20 by onehunglow

I suggested we are a "rugby nation" but got told off by a poster of some repute.

Six days a year maybe.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

James Collins on 20:04 - May 20 with 1035 viewsCatullus

James Collins on 14:17 - May 20 by ReslovenSwan1

How many players you need in anyposition surely depends on the formation you play. If you're starting a 3-5-2 surely you need 5/6 centre backs to have enough cover.

Thta's why having a plan B is so necessary, if you don't have the cover then you need a viable second choice formation.

As for the academy, they don't have the luxury of turning a potentially good player down unless we are absolutely inundated in that position. Even then we are always liable to have players poached. If we can't find any decent prospects in a certain position, what do we do?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

James Collins on 21:37 - May 21 with 864 viewsFlashberryjack

James Collins on 15:57 - May 20 by jasper_T

Goes both ways of course. Iwan Morgan whose been playing up front for the u18s came over from Cardiff's academy this season, and loads of the scholars are from Cardiff and surroundings.

We're not the biggest catchment area in terms of population so there should always be competition to attract the best prospects between us. Two strong academies with proven pathways to senior football would be great for Welsh football and both clubs.

Of course it goes both ways, and I wasn't suggesting otherwise, I was just saying that Cardiff scouts seem to be more active in our area than Swansea scouts.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

James Collins on 21:52 - May 21 with 862 viewsDr_Winston

James Collins on 21:37 - May 21 by Flashberryjack

Of course it goes both ways, and I wasn't suggesting otherwise, I was just saying that Cardiff scouts seem to be more active in our area than Swansea scouts.

Cardiff used to make a fair amount of cash by signing up loads of kids and stringing them along by asking for "contributions" towards various things. Maybe that's still the case.

James Collins on 22:43 - May 21 with 839 viewsKeithHaynes

James Collins on 21:37 - May 21 by Flashberryjack

But of course they didn’t find a cooper or a Cabango.
They are years behind swans IMO not even in their own backyard regards local talent, but what the Swansea area continues to offer.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

James Collins on 00:05 - May 23 with 732 viewsKilkennyjack

James Collins on 16:47 - May 20 by onehunglow

We are a football nation.

We don't ever vote Tory ..

Beware of the Risen People

James Collins on 10:12 - May 23 with 647 views34dfgdf54

James Collins on 21:52 - May 21 by Dr_Winston

Cardiff used to make a fair amount of cash by signing up loads of kids and stringing them along by asking for "contributions" towards various things. Maybe that's still the case.

It is still the case. Got tons of them training in Rogerstone at the moment.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024