Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pharma and APPGs 12:30 - Jun 25 with 2656 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

The groups of MPs who advise on health matters are being funded through the back door by drugs companies. MPs acting in our interests?

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2021/jun/25/drug-firms-giving-mps-hidden-fu

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Pharma and APPGs on 12:55 - Jun 25 with 1405 viewsCatullus

I reckon my opinion will be quite predictable....MP's are a bunch of greedy, self serving and untrustworthy twunts who are feathering their own nests no matter the effect on the publics health!

I don't know of many politicians whose opinion or support could not be bought. The top civil servants are equally as bad.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Pharma and APPGs on 13:29 - Jun 25 with 1395 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Pharma and APPGs on 12:55 - Jun 25 by Catullus

I reckon my opinion will be quite predictable....MP's are a bunch of greedy, self serving and untrustworthy twunts who are feathering their own nests no matter the effect on the publics health!

I don't know of many politicians whose opinion or support could not be bought. The top civil servants are equally as bad.

I'd agree to a large degree about many of today's politicians. Having worked in a number of central government departments with senior civil servants I found the vast majority were dedicated and had integrity, often they were thwarted by the poor decisions made by ministers.
In this case the wider concern is that policy decisions on the nation's health are left open to undue influence.

Pharma and APPGs on 15:47 - Jun 25 with 1353 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Pharma and APPGs on 13:29 - Jun 25 by JACKMANANDBOY

I'd agree to a large degree about many of today's politicians. Having worked in a number of central government departments with senior civil servants I found the vast majority were dedicated and had integrity, often they were thwarted by the poor decisions made by ministers.
In this case the wider concern is that policy decisions on the nation's health are left open to undue influence.

Of course they wouldn't, neither would the scientists also being paid by them.
Just ask prof and scotia, they will tell you it couldn't possibly happen.
Pharma and APPGs on 16:37 - Jun 25 with 1344 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Pharma and APPGs on 15:47 - Jun 25 by A_Fans_Dad

Of course they wouldn't, neither would the scientists also being paid by them.
Just ask prof and scotia, they will tell you it couldn't possibly happen.

The relationship between Pharma and Medicine has obvious risks and needs to be policed properly, the APPG should be part of that process that protects everyone. As ever we have people in parliament who don't know their role and how to execute it.

Pharma and APPGs on 19:36 - Jun 25 with 1315 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Pharma and APPGs on 16:37 - Jun 25 by JACKMANANDBOY

The relationship between Pharma and Medicine has obvious risks and needs to be policed properly, the APPG should be part of that process that protects everyone. As ever we have people in parliament who don't know their role and how to execute it.

It would appear that most people don't know their job and how to execute it when a few hundred thousand or a million quid in their bank balance gets in the way of remembering.
Pharma and APPGs on 21:22 - Jun 25 with 1294 viewsCatullus

Pharma and APPGs on 19:36 - Jun 25 by A_Fans_Dad

It would appear that most people don't know their job and how to execute it when a few hundred thousand or a million quid in their bank balance gets in the way of remembering.

For politicians it usually means a cushy little part time job, maybe 10-16 days a year on a stupid salary that is often 6 figures and they can have 3/4/5 such jobs.

Take George Osborne, left politics and soon had 6 jobs that would need a 9 day week to do. Nothing suspect there?

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Pharma and APPGs on 14:20 - Jun 28 with 1224 viewshowenjack

https://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2021/06/15/does-vanguard-and
Pharma and APPGs on 14:42 - Jun 28 with 1206 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Pharma and APPGs on 14:20 - Jun 28 by howenjack

https://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2021/06/15/does-vanguard-and

That's another reason why it is of concern that the All Party Parliamentary Groups have allowed themselves to be financed by Pharma. Health outcomes for all of us are, most likely, being influenced by commercial organisations.

Login to get fewer ads

Pharma and APPGs on 16:03 - Jun 28 with 1188 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Pharma and APPGs on 14:42 - Jun 28 by JACKMANANDBOY

That's another reason why it is of concern that the All Party Parliamentary Groups have allowed themselves to be financed by Pharma. Health outcomes for all of us are, most likely, being influenced by commercial organisations.

It is not just medical, the next big thing to really impact our lives is "Net Zero" also promoted by those who are funded by those that will benefit most.
Pharma and APPGs on 16:22 - Jun 28 with 1181 viewsCatullus

Pharma and APPGs on 16:03 - Jun 28 by A_Fans_Dad

It is not just medical, the next big thing to really impact our lives is "Net Zero" also promoted by those who are funded by those that will benefit most.

As much as I believe we have to make eco friendly changes it is obvious that the people who will benefit from it are those pysuhing it the most. But that's the way it is, the people with money look for the next big thing and throw their money at it in the desire to make even more profit.

Elon Musk didn't start making electric cars because he loves th planet, he wants to add to his billions.

It doesn't mean we shouldn't look to protect the planet. These people will always get richer but if it's that or make this world a hell hole for future generations, what do we do?

For every person who pushes eco friendly tech you have somebody in the oil industry pushing back.

Pharma and APPGs on 16:44 - Jun 28 with 1174 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Pharma and APPGs on 16:22 - Jun 28 by Catullus

As much as I believe we have to make eco friendly changes it is obvious that the people who will benefit from it are those pysuhing it the most. But that's the way it is, the people with money look for the next big thing and throw their money at it in the desire to make even more profit.

Elon Musk didn't start making electric cars because he loves th planet, he wants to add to his billions.

It doesn't mean we shouldn't look to protect the planet. These people will always get richer but if it's that or make this world a hell hole for future generations, what do we do?

For every person who pushes eco friendly tech you have somebody in the oil industry pushing back.

It seems to take about 9 tonnes of CO2 to produce an electric car, I drive about 3,000 miles a year producing 1 tonne of CO2, bearing in mind the CO2 produced in making electricity and the environmental impact of scrapping my small petrol car, I'm not sure it is a good idea for me to buy a new electric car?

Pharma and APPGs on 18:49 - Jun 28 with 1153 viewsA_Fans_Dad

But not at any cost, which those pushing it will not own up to and the Government are either clueless or lying.
Pharma and APPGs on 18:52 - Jun 28 with 1155 viewsCatullus

Pharma and APPGs on 16:44 - Jun 28 by JACKMANANDBOY

It seems to take about 9 tonnes of CO2 to produce an electric car, I drive about 3,000 miles a year producing 1 tonne of CO2, bearing in mind the CO2 produced in making electricity and the environmental impact of scrapping my small petrol car, I'm not sure it is a good idea for me to buy a new electric car?

I'm not convinced by electric cars either, it could be another scandal to match the diesel farce. It's being heavily pushed though. We already know it'll be a long old while before the tech will be good enough for lorries and buses to goelectric, if ever.

We should be opening up the train network, reversing the Beeching cuts and making them all electric. We can line the tracks with solar panels. We need to be more willing to think outside the box. HS2 isn't really needed and that money could do so much good for existing networks.

Pharma and APPGs on 18:53 - Jun 28 with 1152 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Sorry, I missed your last line.
The Oil Industry is fully invested in you so called green tech and have been for many years, because the world will need oil for many decades for everything else it is used to produce.
It is Coal & Gas that they are aimed at, their natural competitors.
Pharma and APPGs on 21:58 - Jun 28 with 1136 viewsCatullus

Pharma and APPGs on 18:53 - Jun 28 by A_Fans_Dad

Sorry, I missed your last line.
The Oil Industry is fully invested in you so called green tech and have been for many years, because the world will need oil for many decades for everything else it is used to produce.
It is Coal & Gas that they are aimed at, their natural competitors.

The oil industry is fully invested in squeezing every penny it can out of oil before that gravy train ends. They are only investing in the green tech because they recognise it will take over and they don't want the profits to stop.

That's how the money people behave the world over, all they are interested in really is the profit. If there's no profit in it they walk away. If you think the oil people aren't constantly looking at ways to increase their profits then you are mistaken, investing in green tech is looking at future profits.

Pharma and APPGs on 22:02 - Jun 28 with 1131 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Pharma and APPGs on 21:58 - Jun 28 by Catullus

The oil industry is fully invested in squeezing every penny it can out of oil before that gravy train ends. They are only investing in the green tech because they recognise it will take over and they don't want the profits to stop.

That's how the money people behave the world over, all they are interested in really is the profit. If there's no profit in it they walk away. If you think the oil people aren't constantly looking at ways to increase their profits then you are mistaken, investing in green tech is looking at future profits.

"For every person who pushes eco friendly tech you have somebody in the oil industry pushing back. "

" If you think the oil people aren't constantly looking at ways to increase their profits then you are mistaken, investing in green tech is looking at future profits. "
Pharma and APPGs on 22:56 - Jun 28 with 1113 viewsCatullus

Pharma and APPGs on 22:02 - Jun 28 by A_Fans_Dad

"For every person who pushes eco friendly tech you have somebody in the oil industry pushing back. "

" If you think the oil people aren't constantly looking at ways to increase their profits then you are mistaken, investing in green tech is looking at future profits. "

Don't you think the oil industry is pushing back? They lobbied the government and recently our government...well this is what Greenpeace said,

In short: the government talks a good talk, but when it comes to walking the walk they’re failing to act. Instead of a decade of delivery on climate action, so far we’re stuck with soundbites (along with the blatant hypocrisy of approving a new oilfield - equivalent to 16 new coal power stations - in the run-up to hosting a global climate summit!).

The oil industry hasn't just rolled over, they invest in green but still lobby for new oilfields. That little extract is from an email they sent asking me to sign their petition.

Pharma and APPGs on 07:56 - Jun 29 with 1091 viewsScotia

Pharma and APPGs on 22:56 - Jun 28 by Catullus

Don't you think the oil industry is pushing back? They lobbied the government and recently our government...well this is what Greenpeace said,

In short: the government talks a good talk, but when it comes to walking the walk they’re failing to act. Instead of a decade of delivery on climate action, so far we’re stuck with soundbites (along with the blatant hypocrisy of approving a new oilfield - equivalent to 16 new coal power stations - in the run-up to hosting a global climate summit!).

The oil industry hasn't just rolled over, they invest in green but still lobby for new oilfields. That little extract is from an email they sent asking me to sign their petition.

The majority of climate change denial scientists and anti-renewable spokespeople, including those posted on here, have links back to the oil industry too.
Pharma and APPGs on 08:19 - Jun 29 with 1087 viewsCatullus

Pharma and APPGs on 07:56 - Jun 29 by Scotia

The majority of climate change denial scientists and anti-renewable spokespeople, including those posted on here, have links back to the oil industry too.

Yes and people call us naive, gullible etc for believing we are ruining the planet! It doesn't matter what camp you are in there are always people more interested in money than the truth.

Pharma and APPGs on 09:43 - Jun 29 with 1074 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Pharma like all big organisations have large media teams who dedicate a lot of effort into posting on social media. Those who rely on social media for their information need to look at other sources.

Pharma and APPGs on 11:03 - Jun 29 with 1063 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Pharma and APPGs on 22:56 - Jun 28 by Catullus

Do you actually think that this country and the rest of the world can continue without Oil?

If we can't continue without oil would you rather we exploited our own oil or imported it?

Please don't quote greenpeace with their boats run by Deisel engines, their leaders flying around the world, a bunch of total hypocrites just like all the others lecturing us on what to do and what not to do.
Pharma and APPGs on 11:04 - Jun 29 with 1062 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Clueless.
Pharma and APPGs on 11:58 - Jun 29 with 1056 viewsScotia

Pharma and APPGs on 11:04 - Jun 29 by A_Fans_Dad

Clueless.

I'm basing that purely on your posts.
Pharma and APPGs on 13:13 - Jun 29 with 1043 viewsCatullus

Pharma and APPGs on 11:03 - Jun 29 by A_Fans_Dad

Do you actually think that this country and the rest of the world can continue without Oil?

If we can't continue without oil would you rather we exploited our own oil or imported it?

Please don't quote greenpeace with their boats run by Deisel engines, their leaders flying around the world, a bunch of total hypocrites just like all the others lecturing us on what to do and what not to do.

This new oilfield will be owned and operated privately, we'll continue to pay 60% tax (or is it more?) for our petrol and the only people to benefit will be the private comoanies and the politicians who get "consultant" jobs (when they leave politics) as a reward for permitting the new oilfield.

And NO, I don't think we will always be dependant on oil, the day will come when technology finds a better way.
Back when we relied on horses people thought it would never change, then when the internal combustion engine was invented people thought "motorised carriages" would never catch on, you can't stop progress, deny it all you like, and you do.

Pharma and APPGs on 14:02 - Jun 29 with 1030 viewsScotia

Pharma and APPGs on 13:13 - Jun 29 by Catullus

This new oilfield will be owned and operated privately, we'll continue to pay 60% tax (or is it more?) for our petrol and the only people to benefit will be the private comoanies and the politicians who get "consultant" jobs (when they leave politics) as a reward for permitting the new oilfield.

And NO, I don't think we will always be dependant on oil, the day will come when technology finds a better way.
Back when we relied on horses people thought it would never change, then when the internal combustion engine was invented people thought "motorised carriages" would never catch on, you can't stop progress, deny it all you like, and you do.

Despite earlier posts of the usual standard.

One day we will run out of oil. Technology has to find a better way.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024