Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yanks Out 18:16 - Jul 21 with 6796 viewsowainglyndwr

This club is going down hill fast. ....

A new manager without investment don't add up
Yanks Out on 20:24 - Jul 26 with 1217 viewsmax936

Yanks Out on 20:46 - Jul 24 by ReslovenSwan1

To put it bluntly Cooper might have been looking for a way out and stocking up with excuses. Every loser has a list of reasons why something did not work and Cooper was prone to sometimes blame his tools which has been noted on here. Frank always seemed to have his number.

If Cooper had no number 9 then that his his responsibility. There are dozens of them in the lower leagues and Scotland all pretty good. Swansea were linked with a number of players. Obafemi is an out and out striker. Several strikers were surplus to requirements like Charlie Austin for example.

Cooper was playing an £80,000 a week striker in Ayew. Cooper made no attempt to drum him out of the club and did quite the opposite. He could have got two very good strikers even if some club had paid half Ayew's wages. He also did not need Woodman in my opinion. I warned you what would happen if the US players were not given a fair crack at it. Its called managing up.

I can fully understand why he left. He was being presented with a lower budget and has to compete with the rest of the league on a level playing field excepting the top 4 or 5.

Had Cooper been sacked it is doubtful he would have stayed on for the extra two weeks and gone to Pennyhill. I suspect he has something lined up and waiting for a post to become available. Perhaps, If he has a job ready in two months time , he would not want compensation and he would not want to jump ship after 2 month of the season.

Morris was rated one of the MLS best players 2 years ago as a striker. If the US players are so poor as you suggest the likes of Cullen Garrick and Brandon Cooper should go on loan and really rip it up. I am all for these guys getting experience.

Morris was played and suffered a serious injury and was therefore unable to take any further part in the season, is that Coopers fault, you obviously ignoring that fact cause it doesn't suit your obvious agenda, stop firing your mates bullets on here with their shit stirring nonsense.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Yanks Out on 21:56 - Jul 26 with 1128 viewsBillyChong

Yanks Out on 17:44 - Jul 26 by ReslovenSwan1

The club strategy is to blood and play these players. If the club is basing its future on the academy this is what it must do.

When Mr Jenkins and Mr Morgan made their strategy the word 'Ajax' was well to the fore of their thinking. Swansea cannot compete with the big guns of the big urban cities with out it.

Jenkins pulled of the unbelievable for 5 or 6 years but it could not be sustained when injuries and bad luck and some bad judgement inevitably occurred.

Burnley have come to the same conclusion. Their star player with a big ticket price tag ids Dwight McNeil.

There is plenty of experience in the squad. Roberts, Bennett, Naughton, Fulton, Smith, Manning, Bidwell, Lowe Walsh is near 24. Routledge. Hamer. Cabango is an experienced head on young shoulders. Grimes but he may be off. 13 right there.

The new man will have one or two good pros to bring in.

Uh, haven’t they downgraded the academy though?
Yanks Out on 21:57 - Jul 26 with 1127 viewsBillyChong

Yanks Out on 14:07 - Jul 25 by ReslovenSwan1

'Top shelf' meant among the best in the championship. He had to get past Franks who had no elite loans. Franks schooled him not once but on several occasions. Frank also managed to be competitive after having a man sent off in last years Semi final. Cooper with this team v 10 could have gone for the throat but settled for 1-0 which was not enough.

Franks has seen his teamlose big player after big player and was still grinding on not moaning.

Comparisons with Potter are irrelevant. Potter took over a team in flux and transitioning. A top manager would not have allowed himself to be bullied in January. Arriola is actually streets better than Korey Smith for example so represent an option and an upgrade. Arriola can actuall score.

Cooper did not have to go. He quit when his budget was cut by the EFL. He always knew it was coming. I would back him if he honoured his contract and accepted the reality of the 3 year contract he signed.

Why would Frank moan when he was given £5m (potentially rising to £10m) to reinvest on Toney?
Yanks Out on 22:52 - Jul 26 with 1096 viewsjasper_T

Yanks Out on 21:57 - Jul 26 by BillyChong

Why would Frank moan when he was given £5m (potentially rising to £10m) to reinvest on Toney?

A tenth of what the club had taken in for selling key players.
Yanks Out on 23:06 - Jul 26 with 1085 viewsBadlands

Yanks Out on 22:52 - Jul 26 by jasper_T

A tenth of what the club had taken in for selling key players.

A 12th of the debt tryinng to stay in the PL

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Yanks Out on 23:20 - Jul 26 with 1082 viewsReslovenSwan1

Yanks Out on 20:24 - Jul 26 by max936

Morris was played and suffered a serious injury and was therefore unable to take any further part in the season, is that Coopers fault, you obviously ignoring that fact cause it doesn't suit your obvious agenda, stop firing your mates bullets on here with their shit stirring nonsense.

All my bullets are my own. All my thoughts are my own and I have actually given it some thought. I do not speak for anyone else. The owner of this site cannot relate me to anyone at the club because i have no links to the club.

I prefer the US owners to the Welsh owners. They actually helped the cub through Covid with cash.

Silverstein actually spoke to the fans in clear and earnest fashion. I was impressed.

I am not impressed with the 21% fan owner at all. Hopefully the new batch will be a little better. I have had a look at the mini CVs. There might be a greater awareness of the LGBT community in future which is good. Perhaps she will have bit more common sense and willingness to compromise and network. One can only hope.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Yanks Out on 00:10 - Jul 27 with 1061 viewsowainglyndwr

Yanks Out on 17:44 - Jul 26 by ReslovenSwan1

The club strategy is to blood and play these players. If the club is basing its future on the academy this is what it must do.

When Mr Jenkins and Mr Morgan made their strategy the word 'Ajax' was well to the fore of their thinking. Swansea cannot compete with the big guns of the big urban cities with out it.

Jenkins pulled of the unbelievable for 5 or 6 years but it could not be sustained when injuries and bad luck and some bad judgement inevitably occurred.

Burnley have come to the same conclusion. Their star player with a big ticket price tag ids Dwight McNeil.

There is plenty of experience in the squad. Roberts, Bennett, Naughton, Fulton, Smith, Manning, Bidwell, Lowe Walsh is near 24. Routledge. Hamer. Cabango is an experienced head on young shoulders. Grimes but he may be off. 13 right there.

The new man will have one or two good pros to bring in.

Mr Winters
Do you like living in Resolven ....

Your nearly there Resolve but not .....
Can't you see the club is in a mess ?
Put your score mag away ....real world now
Yanks Out on 20:10 - Aug 1 with 903 viewswaynekerr55

Yanks Out on 21:57 - Jul 26 by BillyChong

Thomas Frank wouldn't moan as Brentford were (and are) far more financially stable than us and have a set infrastructure in place. If we go down that route then I'll be happy

You're quite right comparing Brentford with us is apples with pears

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Login to get fewer ads

Yanks Out on 21:24 - Aug 1 with 856 viewsReslovenSwan1

Yanks Out on 20:10 - Aug 1 by waynekerr55

Thomas Frank wouldn't moan as Brentford were (and are) far more financially stable than us and have a set infrastructure in place. If we go down that route then I'll be happy

You're quite right comparing Brentford with us is apples with pears

Swansea were the gold standard in 2011 -2014 or so. Will Brentford stay in the Premier leagues for 7 seasons and win a trophy? I very much doubt it. Swansea was even out in the sticks.

It much harder to find bargains in Lidl than Harrods as Swansea found out aft 5 seasons. Will Toney bomb like Dwight Gayle, McBurney and Mitrovic? We will soon know.

Yanks Out on 22:56 - Aug 1 with 819 viewsChief

Yanks Out on 21:24 - Aug 1 by ReslovenSwan1

Swansea were the gold standard in 2011 -2014 or so. Will Brentford stay in the Premier leagues for 7 seasons and win a trophy? I very much doubt it. Swansea was even out in the sticks.

It much harder to find bargains in Lidl than Harrods as Swansea found out aft 5 seasons. Will Toney bomb like Dwight Gayle, McBurney and Mitrovic? We will soon know.

Irrelevant.

The question as to why Frank wasn't moaning has been answered.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Yanks Out on 13:51 - Aug 2 with 722 viewswaynekerr55

Yanks Out on 21:24 - Aug 1 by ReslovenSwan1

Once again you're cherry picking things here. Matthew Benham who owns the club has plenty of cash and they have a full infrastructure in place, so no matter what happens they're unlikely to go throwing cash around to sign a Baston, a washed up Bony or an Ayew on huge wages. That is because they have an established philosophy and a skilled team undertaking recruitment, which, even you must admit we didn't have post - Laudrup.

And no, it's unlikely but we aren't talking about the past, we are talking about now.

Yanks Out on 13:54 - Aug 2 with 719 viewsjasper_T

Yanks Out on 13:51 - Aug 2 by waynekerr55

Once again you're cherry picking things here. Matthew Benham who owns the club has plenty of cash and they have a full infrastructure in place, so no matter what happens they're unlikely to go throwing cash around to sign a Baston, a washed up Bony or an Ayew on huge wages. That is because they have an established philosophy and a skilled team undertaking recruitment, which, even you must admit we didn't have post - Laudrup.

And no, it's unlikely but we aren't talking about the past, we are talking about now.

Plenty of clubs with a defined philosophy have lost it over the course of a few short PL seasons of mad money and pressure to keep it.
Yanks Out on 13:58 - Aug 2 with 712 viewsvetchonian

Yanks Out on 13:51 - Aug 2 by waynekerr55

we had a skilled team undertaking recruitment when Laudrup was here?

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Yanks Out on 14:14 - Aug 2 with 701 viewsBadlands

Yanks Out on 13:58 - Aug 2 by vetchonian

we had a skilled team undertaking recruitment when Laudrup was here?

Yes.
Just take a look back …. Ot many duffers brought in during his time and a few gems.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Yanks Out on 14:56 - Aug 2 with 676 viewsvetchonian

Yanks Out on 14:14 - Aug 2 by Badlands

Yes.
Just take a look back …. Ot many duffers brought in during his time and a few gems.

wasnt this mostly down to Tumultu?

I know we had Leadbetter and Huw too....oh yes they gave us Marvellous Marvin!

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Yanks Out on 15:19 - Aug 2 with 660 viewsReslovenSwan1

Yanks Out on 14:56 - Aug 2 by vetchonian

wasnt this mostly down to Tumultu?

I know we had Leadbetter and Huw too....oh yes they gave us Marvellous Marvin!

The proof of the pudding is in the eating. To match Swansea, Brentford have to stay in the Premier league for 7 seasons and win a trophy. They have the advantage of being in London which aids in recruitment.

Yanks Out on 21:12 - Aug 2 with 609 viewswaynekerr55

Yanks Out on 13:54 - Aug 2 by jasper_T

Plenty of clubs with a defined philosophy have lost it over the course of a few short PL seasons of mad money and pressure to keep it.

Agreed

Yanks Out on 10:41 - Feb 20 with 296 viewsbuilthjack

Yanks Out on 23:20 - Jul 24 by ReslovenSwan1

Football people can talk "football speak" in their strange coded way (usually associated with very poor grammar) but there is no need for forum posters to repeat it parrot fashion.

"He felt his ambitions were not matched by the clubs". This is an excuse putting the blame on them. It translates to "the parachute payments have finished and I m out".

Last season Cooper had

Woodman,
Roberts
Bidwell
Guehi
Rodon
Cabango
Grimes
Gallagher
Brewster
Ayew

All top shelf performers. He was very lucky to sneak into 6th. Over £100m of young hungry talent plus Ayew Roberts and Bidwell. It should have been enough. That looks real strong to me.

There are at least 6 players in that team of Coopers who are far better than what we have now.
But the wages were likely to have been 3 or 4 times more.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024