Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
John Eustace 21:47 - Jul 21 with 15832 viewsChief

Is this the height of the club's ambition? QPRs assistant?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

John Eustace on 22:05 - Jul 21 with 5244 viewsHeadmaster

The club have a fantastic opportunity here. They better not blow it on some caretaker who beat us once a few seasons ago. Just stinks of desperation.

They must have better options. There were 60 applicants last time apparently.
John Eustace on 22:09 - Jul 21 with 5220 viewsKeithHaynes

I suppose a manager has to start somewhere, Swansea have a history that would attract him.
The bbc are mentioning he was on the final shortlist for the job when cooper got it. Eustace most certainly wasn’t. Bloody click bait 😂

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

John Eustace on 22:17 - Jul 21 with 5168 viewsDr_Winston

Brendan Rodgers. Sacked by Reading.

Is this the height of the Swans ambition?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

John Eustace on 22:19 - Jul 21 with 5151 viewsKeithHaynes

John Eustace on 22:17 - Jul 21 by Dr_Winston

This is the issue, nobody was happy with that, and he was the 16th choice, seriously he was.

John Eustace on 22:26 - Jul 21 with 5119 viewsBillyChong

John Eustace on 22:09 - Jul 21 by KeithHaynes

I suppose a manager has to start somewhere, Swansea have a history that would attract him.
The bbc are mentioning he was on the final shortlist for the job when cooper got it. Eustace most certainly wasn’t. Bloody click bait 😂

It’s a Vincent article, wonder if the club still have his phone number
John Eustace on 22:26 - Jul 21 with 5115 viewsDr_Winston

John Eustace on 22:19 - Jul 21 by KeithHaynes

This is the issue, nobody was happy with that, and he was the 16th choice, seriously he was.

There are few things on this planet as sure of its opinion as a misinformed football supporter.

Eustace may be a masterstroke. He may be a disaster. Who the F*ck can say at this point without a wild assed guess?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

John Eustace on 22:31 - Jul 21 with 5087 viewslondonlisa2001

John Eustace on 22:09 - Jul 21 by KeithHaynes

He was manager of Kidderminster.
John Eustace on 22:34 - Jul 21 with 5062 viewslondonlisa2001

Rodgers wasn’t a caretaker at his club who then didn’t get selected for the job permanently and yet stayed on as assistant.

Plus we were in a very different place then. Our starting point was not the same.

It’s as though the seven years in the top flight and half a billion pounds in income haven’t existed for some and we are just a small lower division club battling the odds again.
Login to get fewer ads

John Eustace on 22:41 - Jul 21 with 5030 viewsHeadmaster

John Eustace on 22:34 - Jul 21 by londonlisa2001

Rodgers wasn’t a caretaker at his club who then didn’t get selected for the job permanently and yet stayed on as assistant.

Plus we were in a very different place then. Our starting point was not the same.

It’s as though the seven years in the top flight and half a billion pounds in income haven’t existed for some and we are just a small lower division club battling the odds again.

Rodgers was also academy director at Reading and coached Chelsea reserves before becoming a manager. There was something about him even back then.

If we're going British again, I wouldn't mind Toshack. Had a decent spell abroad and knows the club. Seems like the obvious choice.
John Eustace on 22:42 - Jul 21 with 5018 viewsAndyCole

Oh dear.

We go from a high achiever to this.

Careful what you wish for. A clumsily frosty Winter beckons..........

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

John Eustace on 22:45 - Jul 21 with 4981 viewslondonlisa2001

John Eustace on 22:41 - Jul 21 by Headmaster

Rodgers was also academy director at Reading and coached Chelsea reserves before becoming a manager. There was something about him even back then.

If we're going British again, I wouldn't mind Toshack. Had a decent spell abroad and knows the club. Seems like the obvious choice.

I wouldn’t mind Toshack either.

His 23s played nice football.
John Eustace on 22:45 - Jul 21 with 4983 viewsDr_Winston

John Eustace on 22:34 - Jul 21 by londonlisa2001

We are just a small, lower division club battling the odds again. We shouldn't be, but we are.

John Eustace on 22:49 - Jul 21 with 4950 viewsChief

I'd take respected Chelsea youth coach, Watford and Reading (with an already decent squad) over Kidderminster and QPR assistant thanks!

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

John Eustace on 22:50 - Jul 21 with 4946 viewslondonlisa2001

John Eustace on 22:45 - Jul 21 by Dr_Winston

We are just a small, lower division club battling the odds again. We shouldn't be, but we are.

I don’t think we are when you look at numbers of season tickets sold, hospitality, commercial stuff etc (as people got used to following us because of the success). But you are right that we are far closer to that than we should be.

And that is a disgrace.
John Eustace on 22:53 - Jul 21 with 4933 viewsGeoffThom

WHO WTF
I'm all for a little left field but jesus who???
John Eustace on 22:54 - Jul 21 with 4921 viewsAndyCole

John Eustace on 22:45 - Jul 21 by londonlisa2001

I wouldn’t mind Toshack either.

His 23s played nice football.

He massively struggled to recreate that in grown-ups football. Watch some of the Pafos footage.

Which I hope our Julian will have.

Underwhelming, especially after Cooper's heritage and achievements.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

John Eustace on 22:55 - Jul 21 with 4915 viewsDr_Winston

John Eustace on 22:50 - Jul 21 by londonlisa2001

I don’t think we are when you look at numbers of season tickets sold, hospitality, commercial stuff etc (as people got used to following us because of the success). But you are right that we are far closer to that than we should be.

And that is a disgrace.

By most guesses we've sold about 12-14,000 season tickets. Would that put us in the top five in the division?

John Eustace on 22:55 - Jul 21 with 4915 viewsKeithHaynes

John Eustace on 22:31 - Jul 21 by londonlisa2001

He was manager of Kidderminster.

Nailed on then. My point was he wasn’t on the final shortlist as the bbc stated.

John Eustace on 22:57 - Jul 21 with 4893 viewsraynor94

Very worrying development

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

John Eustace on 22:59 - Jul 21 with 4885 viewsAndyCole

John Eustace on 22:49 - Jul 21 by Chief

I'd take respected Chelsea youth coach, Watford and Reading (with an already decent squad) over Kidderminster and QPR assistant thanks!

Precisely. It's not rocket science is it. A simple decision matrix would suffice but even that is beyond some trolls.

Misinformed football supporters, hey.

John Eustace on 22:59 - Jul 21 with 4876 viewslondonlisa2001

John Eustace on 22:55 - Jul 21 by Dr_Winston

By most guesses we've sold about 12-14,000 season tickets. Would that put us in the top five in the division?

I believe it’s over 15,000 now all in.

Top 5? No idea. Wouldn’t think so. Would be surprised if top 10.

But some commercial stuff we do is easily top 5. We have over a million twitter followers and ship shirts all over the world. We aren’t a small club anymore in the way we were 11 or 12 years ago.
John Eustace on 23:01 - Jul 21 with 4867 viewsDr_Winston

John Eustace on 22:59 - Jul 21 by londonlisa2001

I believe it’s over 15,000 now all in.

Top 5? No idea. Wouldn’t think so. Would be surprised if top 10.

But some commercial stuff we do is easily top 5. We have over a million twitter followers and ship shirts all over the world. We aren’t a small club anymore in the way we were 11 or 12 years ago.

Twitter followers don't equal income.

In terms of cold, hard cash we're basically in the same boat we were ten years ago.

John Eustace on 23:02 - Jul 21 with 4851 viewslondonlisa2001

John Eustace on 22:54 - Jul 21 by AndyCole

He massively struggled to recreate that in grown-ups football. Watch some of the Pafos footage.

Which I hope our Julian will have.

Underwhelming, especially after Cooper's heritage and achievements.

I didn’t want to get rid of Cooper.

I only thought he should go when he was obviously going if you see what I mean. I thought we should have just got in with it since he didn’t want to be with us.

I think he did ok with the squad he had.
John Eustace on 23:07 - Jul 21 with 4825 viewsTreforys_Jack

Whoever it ends up being, hopefully he or she will be hungry and ambitious and will take more risks to win games, and not bore the paying customers to death.
John Eustace on 23:08 - Jul 21 with 4808 viewsReslovenSwan1

The Euros pointed the way. Almost all the continental teams passed the ball better and retained possession better than Page's Wales and even Southgate's boys. After all these years this should be an embarrassment. The o called 'Welsh way' were just catchy buzz words. Gary Speed's inheritance was lost almost within a few months.

I expect Eustace has had some dealings with Scott along the line in the London football scene somewhere. I would pump for an Hispanic technician working alongside a Swansea legend like Routledge. Perhaps one that has fallen out of favour but still had a need to prove himself. There is no need to compromise Swansea values as Birch Curtis and Britton did in believing presentation over 3-4 year track record. Where does Alan Tate go after this?

Wise sage since Toshack era

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024