Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
John Eustace 21:47 - Jul 21 with 16221 viewsChief

Is this the height of the club's ambition? QPRs assistant?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

John Eustace on 20:11 - Jul 22 with 2588 viewsonehunglow

John Eustace on 19:13 - Jul 22 by max936

Dev, that's a fair point dull and uninspiring seems to sum Levien and Klaptrap up, they got a few friends on here though, with their false narrative they continually pleat about, I would say that they can't see the wood for the trees, but they've an agenda to keep to, that much is crystal clear.

I d agree with that Steve.
Havew you noticed how many times Tracy Barlow says "steve"....

She does my head in but yes I would.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

John Eustace on 20:14 - Jul 22 with 2609 viewsCatullus

John Eustace on 09:57 - Jul 22 by vetchonian

Which loan players did he not play?
I guess you are referring to Morris and Arriola?
Two players who arrived on the back of long term injuries and hardly any playing time over the previous year?
Woodman was played ,Geuhi was played....Cooper worked out he was best utilised in a back 5 ...just like Connor Roberts....and Geuhi came on leaps and bounds and as a result has earned Chelsea a nice sum
Brewster was played.....again Liverpool earned a nice sum following the "Press" he had from his time here under Cooper
Gallagher was played
Gibbs -White played before his injury and his recall
Hourihane was played despite many fans wishing he wasnt
So the only two loanees that werent played regurlarly were the two Americans though they did get opportunities and were they any better thanwhat we had?
Yet again more myth generation

You're right but also what you say is part of the problem. Those loan players Brewster and Guehi, much improved and sold for tide sums but, to whose benefit? Certainly not ours. And while they were playing every week our players weren't.

Hourihane, another loan player who must have been a top earner with us and what return did we get from him, at least Brewster and Guehi did well, Houri was practically a 5th columnist.

Woodman...he's had stick and I'm not really a fan but if we go with Benda this season and he does well, will we be questioning the cost of Woodman?

Morris and Arriola, rarely used but still paid every week, if they were here instead of the striker Cooper said he wanted then the owners carry that can.

Gibbs White, now I'd make an exeption here and happily have him back on loan. The only other 2 I'd have back we can't afford now.

Coopers time here has seen the squad weakened, unfortunate but true. He developed players fro EPL teams but our own young players got little time.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

John Eustace on 20:21 - Jul 22 with 2574 viewsjackrabbit

John Eustace on 17:16 - Jul 22 by ReslovenSwan1

Cooper like Ayew enjoyed the financial advantages he had over most of the opposition team in the Championship over the last two season. He had a three year contract.

Cooper had more money than Brentford, Britstol City, Luton and most of the Championship team. He did not over achieve. The teams below Swansea excluding Bournmouth were on lower incomes. Cooper was told to develop local players and bring them into the first team squad gradually. Cabango for example.

Cooper used the money on expensive elite loans. He failed to get promotion with top talent like Brewster and Gallagher on top of Guehi, Gibbs White , Woodman and Ayew.

Now with a level playing field he should still be looking to come 6th below the para chute teams. A level playing field is no good for Cooper and he cannot compete on those terms so has walked. Cooperball is only successful if it has better players than the opposition.

He does not have to work under the same intolerable terms as Tony Mowbray, Alex Neil and Nigel Pearson and the like. He has a World u17 cup to his name. It smacks of Kenny Jackett and a lack of faith in his own ability to satisfy the Swansea fans.
[Post edited 22 Jul 2021 17:32]

That’s all very grand and finished off with an incisive analytical point - Cooper walked because he couldn’t compete on a level playing field with rival clubs. I have simpler explanation. He only needed to spend 5 minutes browsing this forum, or any other Swans forum, to realise he wasn’t just not wanted, but he was actively reviled. It’s no mystery to me why he decided he’d had enough.
John Eustace on 20:29 - Jul 22 with 2535 viewsonehunglow

John Eustace on 20:14 - Jul 22 by Catullus

You're right but also what you say is part of the problem. Those loan players Brewster and Guehi, much improved and sold for tide sums but, to whose benefit? Certainly not ours. And while they were playing every week our players weren't.

Hourihane, another loan player who must have been a top earner with us and what return did we get from him, at least Brewster and Guehi did well, Houri was practically a 5th columnist.

Woodman...he's had stick and I'm not really a fan but if we go with Benda this season and he does well, will we be questioning the cost of Woodman?

Morris and Arriola, rarely used but still paid every week, if they were here instead of the striker Cooper said he wanted then the owners carry that can.

Gibbs White, now I'd make an exeption here and happily have him back on loan. The only other 2 I'd have back we can't afford now.

Coopers time here has seen the squad weakened, unfortunate but true. He developed players fro EPL teams but our own young players got little time.

I'll cut to the chase
If cooper really wanted Woody AND Horrifigram then it damns him completely.
No other comment necesary except to say he allowed stains like Hoolie to wear the shirt and Woody to carry on his comedy routine.

These two define him.Any other comments pretty much superfluous.

Finally,what a God awful ugly bugger. Not one the girls could take to for sure.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

John Eustace on 20:31 - Jul 22 with 2546 viewsBadlands

John Eustace on 20:21 - Jul 22 by jackrabbit

That’s all very grand and finished off with an incisive analytical point - Cooper walked because he couldn’t compete on a level playing field with rival clubs. I have simpler explanation. He only needed to spend 5 minutes browsing this forum, or any other Swans forum, to realise he wasn’t just not wanted, but he was actively reviled. It’s no mystery to me why he decided he’d had enough.

He was seduced by the idea of managing a premier league club but he thinks it was the contract buy out that put Palace off rather than his interview.
So, if he wants his move the only way out is to become a free agent.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

John Eustace on 20:42 - Jul 22 with 2524 viewsvetchonian

John Eustace on 20:29 - Jul 22 by onehunglow

I'll cut to the chase
If cooper really wanted Woody AND Horrifigram then it damns him completely.
No other comment necesary except to say he allowed stains like Hoolie to wear the shirt and Woody to carry on his comedy routine.

These two define him.Any other comments pretty much superfluous.

Finally,what a God awful ugly bugger. Not one the girls could take to for sure.

and had we won that final you would still feel the same?
the tone and content of this post shows you for what you are

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

John Eustace on 21:10 - Jul 22 with 2470 viewsjeza739

John Eustace on 10:40 - Jul 22 by vetchonian

Most fans want a mixture of both ....can you honestly say you would be happy losing more games than you win but watch exciting football?
THe football under Cooper has not always been as "dire" as described....how can we really tell as we havent been there to see it and watching games on tv or a PC give a totally different perspective to match day experience at the ground.
I have wlaked away form the Liberty ( and Vetch) gutted we had lost even though we had witnesses a "spectacle".I have posted the Coventry highlights even at 1-0 up we were still looking to attack from deep....rememebr you hinted Cabango had had the ball playing skills coached out of him yet in that game there is an example of him playing the ball and passing out of our box under pressure.
Yes we lost to a side in the final managed by someone with 6 years more experience than our manager...read my posts elswhere with more detail comparison between the two managers

Much is talked of our history and footballing legacy and we often refer to "great managers" of our past
Toshack who led that great journey...he arrived at the club when we were in the 4th division...used to scrapping along and sirviving relection he beganhis "revolution in the lowest league ....
Roberto took us from the third tier a division above where TOshack began again in a period where we as a club were just recovering from almost slipping out of the league and he inherited a well put together squad.
Brendan he came when we were still riding on the crest of a wave..but happyu as we were playing at the highest level we had for many years after so many years of struggle. He used loans too...he had the team bolstered by a certain Fabio Borini who was a major catalyst in our promotion to the PL via the play off...who did COoper get? two crocked Yanks...and HOurihane of course despite him asking and identifying a No9
Cooper arrived as a real rookie to a club which was now on the descendancy...with a fan base with epectations given what we had exprienced over the previous ten years....some fans had only known those years.....and been brought up with live PL and top European football readily available to watch on TV setting a bar....whilst others of us grew up only watching live football at the Vetch or the FA cup final on tv...plus highlights on MOTD and the Big Match with some European games on a Wednesday night....so the comparison point was low!
Despite all of this he got results and improved our league finish year on year...yes the football was not in the style of Roberto,but it certainly was not always as bad as some paint.
YOu point to Plymouth....I take my hat off to him....what enthusiasm would he have knowing he was going?....None of us know what has gone on ...many are speculating the facts we know are .....he felt not valued given the achievements in terms of league finishes, abilty to attract good quality loans and 'underpaid. Unhappy he wasnt properly supported in the January window to enable the goal of promotion to be achieved.
WHy wouldnt you go to an interview for a "better" job especially if you are approached?
That said he is now another on the list of ex managers...you along with your felloe COoper outs will be feeling vindicated and sure it was his style of football that has led to this....we will never know but as there mant discusions aound this across this board logic would dictate otherwise...although in football logic is often thrown out of the window!

100%.

One of best posts in many a year
John Eustace on 21:21 - Jul 22 with 2438 viewsraynor94

John Eustace on 10:40 - Jul 22 by vetchonian

Most fans want a mixture of both ....can you honestly say you would be happy losing more games than you win but watch exciting football?
THe football under Cooper has not always been as "dire" as described....how can we really tell as we havent been there to see it and watching games on tv or a PC give a totally different perspective to match day experience at the ground.
I have wlaked away form the Liberty ( and Vetch) gutted we had lost even though we had witnesses a "spectacle".I have posted the Coventry highlights even at 1-0 up we were still looking to attack from deep....rememebr you hinted Cabango had had the ball playing skills coached out of him yet in that game there is an example of him playing the ball and passing out of our box under pressure.
Yes we lost to a side in the final managed by someone with 6 years more experience than our manager...read my posts elswhere with more detail comparison between the two managers

Much is talked of our history and footballing legacy and we often refer to "great managers" of our past
Toshack who led that great journey...he arrived at the club when we were in the 4th division...used to scrapping along and sirviving relection he beganhis "revolution in the lowest league ....
Roberto took us from the third tier a division above where TOshack began again in a period where we as a club were just recovering from almost slipping out of the league and he inherited a well put together squad.
Brendan he came when we were still riding on the crest of a wave..but happyu as we were playing at the highest level we had for many years after so many years of struggle. He used loans too...he had the team bolstered by a certain Fabio Borini who was a major catalyst in our promotion to the PL via the play off...who did COoper get? two crocked Yanks...and HOurihane of course despite him asking and identifying a No9
Cooper arrived as a real rookie to a club which was now on the descendancy...with a fan base with epectations given what we had exprienced over the previous ten years....some fans had only known those years.....and been brought up with live PL and top European football readily available to watch on TV setting a bar....whilst others of us grew up only watching live football at the Vetch or the FA cup final on tv...plus highlights on MOTD and the Big Match with some European games on a Wednesday night....so the comparison point was low!
Despite all of this he got results and improved our league finish year on year...yes the football was not in the style of Roberto,but it certainly was not always as bad as some paint.
YOu point to Plymouth....I take my hat off to him....what enthusiasm would he have knowing he was going?....None of us know what has gone on ...many are speculating the facts we know are .....he felt not valued given the achievements in terms of league finishes, abilty to attract good quality loans and 'underpaid. Unhappy he wasnt properly supported in the January window to enable the goal of promotion to be achieved.
WHy wouldnt you go to an interview for a "better" job especially if you are approached?
That said he is now another on the list of ex managers...you along with your felloe COoper outs will be feeling vindicated and sure it was his style of football that has led to this....we will never know but as there mant discusions aound this across this board logic would dictate otherwise...although in football logic is often thrown out of the window!

Great defence of your son Keith!

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Login to get fewer ads

John Eustace on 21:24 - Jul 22 with 2433 viewsCatullus

John Eustace on 20:42 - Jul 22 by vetchonian

and had we won that final you would still feel the same?
the tone and content of this post shows you for what you are

How can we know how we'd feel if the reality was changed? The fact that matters there, is we didn't win it and what has followed is largely because of that.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

John Eustace on 21:53 - Jul 22 with 2383 viewsBrynmill_Jack

John Eustace on 21:24 - Jul 22 by Catullus

How can we know how we'd feel if the reality was changed? The fact that matters there, is we didn't win it and what has followed is largely because of that.

If we won the play off final I could still have seen him leaving.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

John Eustace on 21:59 - Jul 22 with 2367 viewsKeithHaynes

John Eustace on 21:53 - Jul 22 by Brynmill_Jack

If we won the play off final I could still have seen him leaving.

It all went awry here mate, that’s for sure

Sunday May 30th 2021 : The day it all went wrong for Steve Cooper 25th Jul 2021 14:22
At a more quieter time, well, at least until tomorrow or Tuesday when John Eustace will be announced as the new Swansea City manager with three others, albeit coming in over time with him ( that’s four for the mathematicians ) We look back to an article by Keith Haynes the day after the play off final, the first reported issue that Cooper was having with Julian Winter. Tomorrow we will feature the first article on this website that stated Cooper was to do his job or leave, literally a few days later. Stay with us and support all Swansea City websites, please remember this is an article from seven weeks ago, so the information is current to then, not now. Thanks, David Cornish. 0

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

John Eustace on 17:14 - Jul 23 with 2158 viewsHeadmaster

Was starting to warm to him before I read the comments on this thread. Sounds similar to Cooper, apart from the lovely football. We'll soon find out I suppose.

John Eustace on 17:21 - Jul 23 with 2136 viewsjasper_T

"No plan B" is music to my ears. Downfall of our time in the PL began when it was decided we needed one.
John Eustace on 17:23 - Jul 23 with 2120 viewsDr_Parnassus

Some pretty scathing summaries there

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

John Eustace on 17:28 - Jul 23 with 2115 viewsCatullus

John Eustace on 20:21 - Jul 22 by jackrabbit

Cooper himself wasn't reviled, well not by most of us, his football was though. How many managers are so unpopular after such relative success?

A play off final and pushed out the door, it doesn't happen often.

John Eustace on 17:29 - Jul 23 with 2104 viewsDr_Parnassus

John Eustace on 17:28 - Jul 23 by Catullus

Cooper himself wasn't reviled, well not by most of us, his football was though. How many managers are so unpopular after such relative success?

A play off final and pushed out the door, it doesn't happen often.

Was he pushed out the door then?

It appears he left after refusing to discuss terms of an extension that the club was trying to offer him.

John Eustace on 17:33 - Jul 23 with 2075 viewsReslovenSwan1

John Eustace on 17:23 - Jul 23 by Dr_Parnassus

Some pretty scathing summaries there

Uncanny similarity with Reading fans comments on Brendan Rodgers

https://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/brendan-rodgers-sacked

Wise sage since Toshack era

John Eustace on 18:44 - Jul 23 with 1954 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Wasn’t Jacket assistant at QPR when we had him come to manage us?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

John Eustace on 19:21 - Jul 23 with 1899 viewsJohnw102

Doesn’t matter who comes if they are good or bad will not be here more than 2 years. Bad they get sacked, good they move up.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

John Eustace on 21:13 - Jul 23 with 1811 viewsguthrieintherain

John Eustace on 19:21 - Jul 23 by Johnw102

Doesn’t matter who comes if they are good or bad will not be here more than 2 years. Bad they get sacked, good they move up.

If whoever takes us on gets us playing attractive football that is fine by me.

Nearly all clubs are vunerable to losing players or managers even the richest clubs.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

John Eustace on 21:31 - Jul 23 with 1760 viewsmagicdaps10

Reading those comments regards Eustace from Kiddie fans, style of football that is being discussed can sometimes be an impatient watch with some fans and we were lucky that style clicked quickly with Martinez and we were on board because of this.
I think our fans have a good grounding of the passing, possession with patience so we will have an idea early if it is working with Eustace plus ala the Sousa time with Rodgers coming in, Cooper would have left a squad who had shape, discipline and keeping it tight drummed into them...hoping the Eustace tweak and similar style to Rodgers and Potter will just make us a different team to the kast 2 seasons.

Although not expecting miracles, I am confident we will see an improvement on the pitch with a step in the right direction and a genuine hope for going forward.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

John Eustace on 22:08 - Jul 23 with 1659 viewsDr_Winston

QPR fans have nothing but good things to say.

All means nothing of course. Eustace is going to have to stand or fall on his own performance, not the witterings of people on internet forums.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

John Eustace on 23:21 - Jul 23 with 1552 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

John Eustace on 07:42 - Jul 22 by Dr_Parnassus

There was a reason those wanting Cooper out were asked directly for realistic replacements...

I guess they are starting to understand why now.

Don’t get me wrong Eustace may well turn out to be a masterstroke, but it would have been far more prudent and less of a risk to try and keep the manager we had happy.

They were a safe pair of hands during very rocky times.
[Post edited 22 Jul 2021 8:01]

Prudent and less of a risk sums it all up.

We’ve all got differing opinions and it’s difficult to ask us mere supporters who we would have as a replacement as many of us have some but not complete knowledge of every potential option without going for the obvious media favourites.

As many have said before we’d struggle to match where we were the last 2 seasons under Cooper even if he’d have stayed and the football would be rubbish 90% of the time

We have no idea whether long term this is a good choice but for many of us it’s worth the gamble

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

John Eustace on 00:13 - Jul 24 with 1491 viewsBillyChong

John Eustace on 20:14 - Jul 22 by Catullus

Nothing is long term under the yanks. They are happy to take and develop loanees from other clubs as they are to take the risk on developing cheap managers who’ll be 1) sacked within 18 months or 2) off to better things/on their own accord when they aren’t backed
John Eustace on 00:22 - Jul 24 with 1483 viewsDr_Parnassus

John Eustace on 17:33 - Jul 23 by ReslovenSwan1

Uncanny similarity with Reading fans comments on Brendan Rodgers

https://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/brendan-rodgers-sacked

And.... Cooper

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024