Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread 10:05 - Jul 23 with 7151 viewsonehunglow

OK ,I know it's another thread but the good Guv will delete if it offends in some way.

I like Lions tours.It sees the Welsh playing alongside the posh/privileged public school boys of England and the scions of Scottish borders farmers and the Irish boys too big for Hurling.

Now we see the Blacks and Coloured playing for Bokke rather than parking their cars or watering their lawns,they have a significant pool of talent.It's nuts really Apartheid saw these dumb jerks marginalise and brutalise the majority and only allow them to find coal for the Braai instead of sharing food and drink with them even at the same table .
Tomorrow sees another black Bokke captain in the magnificent Am. Terreblanche mut be turning in his grave or wwizzing around in that dust bowl in the Free State skies.

Any SA tour is brutal.I mean ,although we left them the game after kicking them out of the Cape,we left them rugby.Pretty magnaminous of us really.Tomorrow will be scary,trust me.Anti eggers or effete footballers,stick to synchronised swimming in the Olympics.

I predict Hogg will have a torrid time but I agree Sanjay shouldn't have played,if only to protect Waunarlydd' s bravest warrior if only from himself after being concussed last time out. Bokke aren't exactly forgiving folk-they haven't forgiven us for the concentration camps for the Boers we invented-and they would have targetted anjay's head from the kick off. Good luck Hogg.

It' s all about forwards though as anyone who has played the game will testify and tomorrow will see the Lions front up and they will. It might well not be enough though and I feel AWJ election is plain wrong. Eben ,Franco and the blond butcher Pieter Steph will be targetting his shoulder. They will be looking to snap it,make no mistake here.

Gatland has gone for size and power but I 'm not sure it'll work. We ''ll ee.

If the backs get the ball,Biggar will,no doubt,kick it half way up Table Mountain but if he gets it wrong,Cheslin Kolbe will be waiting to run at him and the others and simply take the pyss. This boy is beyond exciting. Ive not seen such talent since Lomu albeit in another guise..

The centre pairing is a weakness. IMO. Daly untried isn't smart and Henshaw is not 100% fit.He will need to be against De Allende and Am. Two great exponents of the position.

I only see Willy at full back as a real weakness.Past his best by some time althoigh still a class act.

Finally,I reflect on the days when in the sixties a Bokke team was literally and deservedly seen as poison and rightly so albeit one country we played . Imagine an international team due to play a regional team then and hour before kick off having it moved to another ground as demonstrators were suspected of having spread tacks all over the pitch. This game was transferred to New Brighton RFC . Days when black lads picked the oranges the players scoffed at half time but weren't allowed to play the in the same game.

Times like These

This post has been edited by an administrator

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Lions.The Hung Preview on 12:28 - Jul 25 with 1336 viewsmax936

Lions.The Hung Preview on 19:35 - Jul 24 by Professor

I can see The Sheriff starting next week and Wyn Jones, if fit. Sutherland was the weakest player in the pack and not sure if Cowan-Dickie showed enough with some poor line outs. itoje and Lawes were outstanding but Furlong, Conan , AWJ and later on Vuinopola and Sinckler put in some real graft. Not sure if there is much that can be changed in the back line. Chris Harris is an option at centre and Josh Adams perhaps. Hogg and Williams is a toss up. As are Price and Murray.

Aki will come in to partner Henshaw I think, Daly struggled and couldn't break through and missed tackles, he's a player that likes time and he won't get that against the Safies, at centre at least.
Faletau should start for me as well, he brings something different at No8.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 17:09 - Jul 26 with 1218 viewstrampie

Articles I've read suggest if it wasn't for the rub of the green that the Springbok would have won the 1st test.

It was the media (yet again) won it for the Lions.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 20:29 - Jul 26 with 1191 viewsonehunglow

Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 17:09 - Jul 26 by trampie

Articles I've read suggest if it wasn't for the rub of the green that the Springbok would have won the 1st test.

And you'd be misled.
The Lions fronted up and the Bokke fell short.

Irish boys played with the Scots,Welsh and English.

Fan tastic

Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 20:39 - Jul 26 with 1182 viewstrampie

Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 20:29 - Jul 26 by onehunglow

And you'd be misled.
The Lions fronted up and the Bokke fell short.

Irish boys played with the Scots,Welsh and English.

Fan tastic

Two lions players should have been sent off, one for persistent fouling and one for lifting his opponent above the horizontal and drilling him head first into the ground.
Ref awarded Boks a try, tmo said it was inconclusive but said disallow the score, without conclusive evidence the call should go with the on field decision, Boks were done by the media and Gatland playing mind games.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 20:50 - Jul 26 with 1175 viewsonehunglow

Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 20:39 - Jul 26 by trampie

Two lions players should have been sent off, one for persistent fouling and one for lifting his opponent above the horizontal and drilling him head first into the ground.
Ref awarded Boks a try, tmo said it was inconclusive but said disallow the score, without conclusive evidence the call should go with the on field decision, Boks were done by the media and Gatland playing mind games.

This is the Springboks ffs man.

They ,like the all blecks ,go full tilt and get away with what they can.

Faf should not even have played as he should have been red carded for his attack on Navidi- a Welsh boy (even though his blood line might not look Celt) to you.

Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 21:02 - Jul 26 with 1163 viewstrampie

Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 20:50 - Jul 26 by onehunglow

This is the Springboks ffs man.

They ,like the all blecks ,go full tilt and get away with what they can.

Faf should not even have played as he should have been red carded for his attack on Navidi- a Welsh boy (even though his blood line might not look Celt) to you.

Navidi didn't even play in the test match (great player, one of my favourite players).
I pride myself on honesty and fair play, no winning at all costs for me, I want my teams to win fair and square, that didn't seem fair and square from what I heard on the radio commentry and read, also I seen footage of the Lions player picking a Springbok player up and drilling him head first into the ground.

Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 09:51 - Jul 27 with 1087 viewsonehunglow

Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 21:02 - Jul 26 by trampie

Navidi didn't even play in the test match (great player, one of my favourite players).
I pride myself on honesty and fair play, no winning at all costs for me, I want my teams to win fair and square, that didn't seem fair and square from what I heard on the radio commentry and read, also I seen footage of the Lions player picking a Springbok player up and drilling him head first into the ground.

In the match before . Red card. Dangerous play=ban.

Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 10:46 - Jul 27 with 1076 viewstrampie

Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 09:51 - Jul 27 by onehunglow

In the match before . Red card. Dangerous play=ban.

Faf was carded in that game, Curry and Watson wasn't carded at all in the 1st test, South Africa lost to the Lions in the first test with Faf so they could only have improved on that result if Faf did not play, him playing made no difference as regards South Africa losing.

Login to get fewer ads

Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 15:26 - Jul 27 with 1036 viewsGwyn737

Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 17:09 - Jul 26 by trampie

Here Peter de Villiers, the SA coach in 2009 defending Burgers horrendous eye gouge on Luke Fitzgerald:

Karma is a beauty, isn’t it?, and the Boks have the temerity to complain about calls this time round!

Have you watched BOD’s documentary about the unifying good rugby has on Ireland and how this transfers to the Lions?

A real force for good.
Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 16:18 - Jul 27 with 1022 viewstrampie

Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 15:26 - Jul 27 by Gwyn737

Here Peter de Villiers, the SA coach in 2009 defending Burgers horrendous eye gouge on Luke Fitzgerald:

Karma is a beauty, isn’t it?, and the Boks have the temerity to complain about calls this time round!

Have you watched BOD’s documentary about the unifying good rugby has on Ireland and how this transfers to the Lions?

A real force for good.

The South African coaches haven't blamed the officials, imo they are going to try and get them on board by trying to play the nice guys, the victims.

Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 18:30 - Jul 27 with 1000 viewstheloneranger

Teams for 2nd Test ...

British & Irish Lions: Hogg; A Watson, Harris, Henshaw, Van der Merwe; Biggar, Murray; Vunipola, Cowan-Dickie, Furlong, Itoje, AW Jones, Lawes, Curry, Conan.

Replacements: Owens, Sutherland, Sinckler, Beirne, Faletau, Price, Farrell, Daly.

South Africa: Le Roux; Kolbe, Am, De Allende, Mapimpi; Pollard, De Klerk; Kitshoff, Mbonambi, Malherbe, Etzebeth, Mostert, Kolisi, Du Toit, Wiese

Replacements: Marx, Nyakane, Koch, De Jager, Van Staden, Smith, H Jantjies, Willemse.

The Lions have made 3 changes ... Prop Mako Vunipola replaces Rory Sutherland , with scrum-half Conor Murray in for Ali Price and centre Chris Harris starting in place of Elliot Daly.

Taulupe Faletau is on the bench after missing out on selection for the first Test, while Liam Williams and Hamish Watson drop out of the 23.

SA also make 3 changes ... props Steven Kitshoff and Frans Malherbe both start, with Jasper Wiese replacing Kwagga Smith at number eight.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2021 18:31]

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 11:43 - Jul 28 with 925 viewsonehunglow

Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 15:26 - Jul 27 by Gwyn737

A real force for good.

Here ' s a body of people whose very existence is based on bullying whether it black/coloured or asians or English speaking South Africans.

Here are people who were rather ambivolent as regards Fascism in WW2 and were reluctant to fight WW1 because of the British involvelent.

And no,Im not keen on Afrikaaners

Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 12:19 - Jul 28 with 903 viewstrampie

Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 11:43 - Jul 28 by onehunglow

Here ' s a body of people whose very existence is based on bullying whether it black/coloured or asians or English speaking South Africans.

Here are people who were rather ambivolent as regards Fascism in WW2 and were reluctant to fight WW1 because of the British involvelent.

And no,Im not keen on Afrikaaners

They reckon the British would have had Afrikaner Field Marshal and South African Prime Minister Jan Smuts as our leader to fight the Germans if Churchill had died/become ill/been killed during the war.

Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 12:36 - Jul 29 with 807 views73__73

Come on the 🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 12:43 - Jul 29 with 808 viewsGwyn737

Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 16:18 - Jul 27 by trampie

The South African coaches haven't blamed the officials, imo they are going to try and get them on board by trying to play the nice guys, the victims.

And now?

https://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-union/58012090.amp
Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 13:07 - Jul 29 with 792 viewstrampie

I hope the South Africans get a fair crack of the whip on Saturday, I wouldn't want the Lions to win a disputed series.

Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 14:21 - Jul 29 with 778 views73__73

Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 13:07 - Jul 29 by trampie

I hope the South Africans get a fair crack of the whip on Saturday, I wouldn't want the Lions to win a disputed series.

The British lions the only team from the U.K. that would live with the South Africans.
Wales would lose by at least 30 pts out there.

🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧

Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 14:30 - Jul 29 with 772 viewsonehunglow

Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 14:21 - Jul 29 by 73__73

The British lions the only team from the U.K. that would live with the South Africans.

🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧

Ya.I seem to recall the Bokke getting upset when they failed to reach 100 (one hundred points) against us.
Yep,a time when players were squabbling bitterly with each other and bailing out to come north.

Bokke are bullies and frankly if we lose by cheating,Bstyting,lying ,conning or intimidation I'd ll have that.
Afrikaaners the most obnoxious folk imaginable ,but for the black lads ,it's a way out of the poverty shafted onto them by decades of racial oppression.

I don't care if the winning try is scored by an man of Munster,Maidenhead , Mumbles or Musselborough.

Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 14:31 - Jul 29 with 768 viewstrampie

Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 14:21 - Jul 29 by 73__73

🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧

Not if Wales had the equivalent media and the same officials under the same pressure.

Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 14:39 - Jul 29 with 767 views73__73

Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 14:31 - Jul 29 by trampie

Not if Wales had the equivalent media and the same officials under the same pressure.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 14:52 - Jul 29 with 766 viewsonehunglow

Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 14:31 - Jul 29 by trampie

Fair play,that is the most pitiful of all your posts.

In many ways,the Welsh are a rabble which was the case when players were tumbling out of Wales as I have explained.
The WRU were shockingly racist and told several great players they would never play for Wales because they were black. You need to learn more . Take the chance ,if you get it,of listening to one of Wales all time greatest sportsman,Billy Boston and ask him what he thought of Wales and how it treated people.

Dai Watkins ,Jim Mills, Colin Dixon could all open your eyes

Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 14:58 - Jul 29 with 755 viewstrampie

Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 14:52 - Jul 29 by onehunglow

Fair play,that is the most pitiful of all your posts.

In many ways,the Welsh are a rabble which was the case when players were tumbling out of Wales as I have explained.
The WRU were shockingly racist and told several great players they would never play for Wales because they were black. You need to learn more . Take the chance ,if you get it,of listening to one of Wales all time greatest sportsman,Billy Boston and ask him what he thought of Wales and how it treated people.

Dai Watkins ,Jim Mills, Colin Dixon could all open your eyes

Wales are the six Nations reigning champions with the likes Faletau and Navidi important parts of the set up.

Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 18:38 - Jul 29 with 722 viewsonehunglow

Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 14:58 - Jul 29 by trampie

Wales are the six Nations reigning champions with the likes Faletau and Navidi important parts of the set up.

Parts of the set up but not starters.Lawes is an animal -a true great and Curry a man possessed.

Time to support GB against the biggest orifice wipes in Sport

Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 19:54 - Jul 29 with 710 viewsGwyn737

Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 16:18 - Jul 27 by trampie

And now?

Or are you not responding to the question?
Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 19:57 - Jul 29 with 708 viewsonehunglow

Boks v Lions : The Hung Preview & Matchday Thread on 19:54 - Jul 29 by Gwyn737

And now?

Or are you not responding to the question?

Bokke playing "nice" .Just rofl.
Tramps really doesn't understand the scions of the brave but deeply racist Boers.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024