Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This is where reporting facts gets difficult 09:59 - Jul 29 with 1709 viewsKeithHaynes

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

This is where reporting facts gets difficult on 10:11 - Jul 29 with 1651 viewsItchySphincter

Has he said there's been 'no contact'?

If there has been 'no contact' he can hardly say there has been contact.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

This is where reporting facts gets difficult on 10:22 - Jul 29 with 1615 viewsKeithHaynes

This is where reporting facts gets difficult on 10:11 - Jul 29 by ItchySphincter

Has he said there's been 'no contact'?

If there has been 'no contact' he can hardly say there has been contact.

The top echelons who have had contact, albeit tentatively are saying nothing whilst other staff are putting it out there there has been no contact. It’s odd.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

This is where reporting facts gets difficult on 10:38 - Jul 29 with 1538 viewsItchySphincter

Maybe Winkleman is playing with semantics. I can imagine he would want assurances that we would pay the asking price before allowing us to speak to his manager? If so, it could be accurate - Winter and Winkleman may have spoken but we might not have spoken to Martin? Maybe Martin doesn't want to speak to us but Winlkeman fancies the 350 grand. There's lots of possibilities I suppose but this doesn't feel like it's going to end in our favour.

This is where reporting facts gets difficult on 13:50 - Jul 29 with 1353 viewsReslovenSwan1

This is where reporting facts gets difficult on 10:38 - Jul 29 by ItchySphincter

Maybe Winkleman is playing with semantics. I can imagine he would want assurances that we would pay the asking price before allowing us to speak to his manager? If so, it could be accurate - Winter and Winkleman may have spoken but we might not have spoken to Martin? Maybe Martin doesn't want to speak to us but Winlkeman fancies the 350 grand. There's lots of possibilities I suppose but this doesn't feel like it's going to end in our favour.

Having 70%of the ball in league 1 and finishing 13th is not the greatest of records. He needs a another season to see if he can do better. .

Wise sage since Toshack era

This is where reporting facts gets difficult on 14:01 - Jul 29 with 1325 viewsvetchonian

This is where reporting facts gets difficult on 13:50 - Jul 29 by ReslovenSwan1

Having 70%of the ball in league 1 and finishing 13th is not the greatest of records. He needs a another season to see if he can do better. .

But it has been discussed on this board about only looking at league results...so many last season were unhappy at bbeing 4th in the league they would rather watch entertaining football....it seems Martin with his 70% possesion will entertain and that is more important

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

This is where reporting facts gets difficult on 16:17 - Jul 29 with 1203 viewsItchySphincter

This is where reporting facts gets difficult on 13:50 - Jul 29 by ReslovenSwan1

I have to be honest and admit that it did occur to me that it was odd that our fans were creaming their pants over a lower league manger who no one had heard of a couple of days ago.

This is where reporting facts gets difficult on 16:24 - Jul 29 with 1187 viewsGixerJack

This is where reporting facts gets difficult on 14:01 - Jul 29 by vetchonian

But it has been discussed on this board about only looking at league results...so many last season were unhappy at bbeing 4th in the league they would rather watch entertaining football....it seems Martin with his 70% possesion will entertain and that is more important

Watch you don’t cut yourself
This is where reporting facts gets difficult on 17:21 - Jul 29 with 1060 viewsBillyChong

That’s seemingly the best they can come up with at the moment, which says a lot
Login to get fewer ads

This is where reporting facts gets difficult on 18:23 - Jul 29 with 951 viewsCatullus

Coach the team to keep possession first then work on the rest. Work on finding the right players to improve the clubs position. Work on the tactics and strategy all while being a possession based team.

For what it's worth, I would rather be entertained in the Championship than bored to death in the Premier league. The EPL is all about the money, it's ruining football.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

This is where reporting facts gets difficult on 18:32 - Jul 29 with 921 viewsjack247

There’s a balance isn’t there. Results are the main thing for me too, but entertainment is still important. I can’t see us threatening the playoffs this time and I was saying that weeks ago, with that in mind, I’d rather finish 12th playing good football than 10th playing like we have been.

As soon as we get a sniff at promotion mind, it goes back to win at all costs for me.
This is where reporting facts gets difficult on 21:10 - Jul 29 with 710 viewsmajorraglan

This is where reporting facts gets difficult on 18:23 - Jul 29 by Catullus

Coach the team to keep possession first then work on the rest. Work on finding the right players to improve the clubs position. Work on the tactics and strategy all while being a possession based team.

For what it's worth, I would rather be entertained in the Championship than bored to death in the Premier league. The EPL is all about the money, it's ruining football.

Worryingly, whoever comes in will have to hit the ground running because the season starts next week. There’s going to be minimal time to coach possession football, new tactics, get players in etc so the first few weeks are going to be bumpy.

Depressingly, we may soon find we have neither entertainment or winning football.

The new manager needs to be appointed ASAP.
This is where reporting facts gets difficult on 11:13 - Jul 30 with 564 viewsCatullus

This is where reporting facts gets difficult on 21:10 - Jul 29 by majorraglan

Worryingly, whoever comes in will have to hit the ground running because the season starts next week. There’s going to be minimal time to coach possession football, new tactics, get players in etc so the first few weeks are going to be bumpy.

Depressingly, we may soon find we have neither entertainment or winning football.

The new manager needs to be appointed ASAP.

Is getting a manager in quickly the most important thing? Or is getting the right manager the important thing?
This season is quickly becoming a season of stabilisation. Maybe people need to accept that what Cooper has done (and yes, the owners bear a large chunk of the blame too) is create a weakened squad that relied on loan players. Without those loan players what have we got? A young squad that needs time, that needs our support and whoever the manager is, they will need time and our support too.
So people should stop hoping we'll challenge for promotion this season and accept that maybe upper mid table is the best we can hope for? Hopefully it won't become a relegation fight.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

This is where reporting facts gets difficult on 12:55 - Jul 30 with 500 viewsvetchonian

This is where reporting facts gets difficult on 11:13 - Jul 30 by Catullus

Is getting a manager in quickly the most important thing? Or is getting the right manager the important thing?
This season is quickly becoming a season of stabilisation. Maybe people need to accept that what Cooper has done (and yes, the owners bear a large chunk of the blame too) is create a weakened squad that relied on loan players. Without those loan players what have we got? A young squad that needs time, that needs our support and whoever the manager is, they will need time and our support too.
So people should stop hoping we'll challenge for promotion this season and accept that maybe upper mid table is the best we can hope for? Hopefully it won't become a relegation fight.

Interesting though how many loan players did we rely on last season

Woody...yet many say Benda is as good
Geuhi yet we have Bennet, Cabango Brandon Cooper in the wings along with LAti ..though he has looked a little shaky so far this preseason but then so did Geuhi in his early appearances for us.
Hourihane?

Stabilisation is important and hopefully we wont get into a relegation fight this squad should be capable of holding its own and finishing mid table with the rigth management which is why an appointment is necessary
The issue is the club has had lots of time to sort this yet 7 days before the season kicks off we have no manager and possibly will lose our captain and the midfielder who many fans believe to be the kingpin of the side.

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024