Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New players desperately needed 19:05 - Jul 31 with 5301 viewsmagicdaps10

Centre half
Centre forward
And a no 10 are desperately needed!

Throw in a midfielder or 2 after Grimes goes. Martin, Scott and Co have a busy few weeks ahead 😬

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

New players desperately needed on 20:07 - Jul 31 with 2942 viewsbuilthjack

Throw in a number 9 and a number 3.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

New players desperately needed on 20:26 - Jul 31 with 2887 viewsBrynmill_Jack

I think a good back up 9 to give Piroe competition definitely. I would mind us take free agent Ryan’s Woods from Stoke to beef up the midfield. A creative player at 10 I agree with - why not try to get MGW back or similar (definitely not Hourihane though)?
Centre half I agree we’re looking shaky

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

New players desperately needed on 20:41 - Jul 31 with 2858 viewsdobjack2

New players desperately needed on 20:26 - Jul 31 by Brynmill_Jack

I think a good back up 9 to give Piroe competition definitely. I would mind us take free agent Ryan’s Woods from Stoke to beef up the midfield. A creative player at 10 I agree with - why not try to get MGW back or similar (definitely not Hourihane though)?

I assume our transfer targets are on hold until the new manager is announced. It will be interesting how much input/control he has.
New players desperately needed on 20:43 - Jul 31 with 2852 viewsBadlands

Centre half?
We do need a CF but we also need players to get the ball to him … or we play with 2 10s as Rodgers did with Sinclair and Borini.
A solid CDM

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

New players desperately needed on 21:16 - Jul 31 with 2792 views34dfgdf54

New players desperately needed on 20:26 - Jul 31 by Brynmill_Jack

Think woods has gone to Birmingham
New players desperately needed on 21:22 - Jul 31 with 2765 viewsBrynmill_Jack

New players desperately needed on 21:16 - Jul 31 by 34dfgdf54

Think woods has gone to Birmingham

May have lost his mojo after stoke but if he rediscovers his form then a great freebie for Brum

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

New players desperately needed on 21:55 - Jul 31 with 2700 viewsangryjack

Desperate for wingers and pace
New players desperately needed on 23:47 - Jul 31 with 2536 viewsowainglyndwr

You are wrong Resolven said we can do it through our young squad
It's the way forward mun...
Phuk we need some experience in the team
Login to get fewer ads

New players desperately needed on 00:26 - Aug 1 with 2505 viewsKilkennyjack

New players desperately needed on 21:55 - Jul 31 by angryjack

Exactly right.

This was why Cooperball was fecking dire.

Up and down wingers help our full backs, give our midfielders targets, and supports our 9 and 10 when attacking.

Cooper ruined Celina and Andre playing them too wide. Idiot.

Beware of the Risen People

New players desperately needed on 00:39 - Aug 1 with 2499 viewsReslovenSwan1

New players desperately needed on 23:47 - Jul 31 by owainglyndwr

You are wrong Resolven said we can do it through our young squad
It's the way forward mun...
Phuk we need some experience in the team

I believe this season is a development season. The squad is too young and Martin wants to change the style onn ttop of that in a higher league. .

The squad is jammed with 19-22 year old's with only 10-30 games under their belts. People like Cullen, Latibeaudirere, Whittaker , Joseph Brandon and Ollie Cooper, Garrick. All of them need a decent run.

Wise sage since Toshack era

New players desperately needed on 09:34 - Aug 1 with 2281 viewsjack247

New players desperately needed on 20:43 - Jul 31 by Badlands

Centre half?
We do need a CF but we also need players to get the ball to him … or we play with 2 10s as Rodgers did with Sinclair and Borini.
A solid CDM

100%. As it stands, we’ve probably got Fulton, Smith and Walsh as first choice in the middle. No disrespect to anyone, but I think we need to upgrade on Smith.

Central midfield is my biggest concern at the moment.
New players desperately needed on 09:36 - Aug 1 with 2275 viewsjack247

New players desperately needed on 21:55 - Jul 31 by angryjack

We’ve got Lowe and Garrick, just depends if and how we use them.
New players desperately needed on 09:41 - Aug 1 with 2253 viewsDr_Winston

New players desperately needed on 09:36 - Aug 1 by jack247

We’ve got Lowe and Garrick, just depends if and how we use them.

Don't think Garrick is good enough personally. Not yet at least.

Midfield is key for me. We need to replace Grimes with someone far more dynamic. A strong midfield ball carrier capable of breaking the lines is something we thought MGW could give us but circumstances got in the way.Happy with Fulton as the DM with Smith as competition/cover.

As for a #10, it would depend on how the new boss sees Piroe fitting in. I'm cautiously optimistic about our forward options as they stand, even if we don't bring someone else in. Whittaker has done well pre-season and deserves more game time than Cooper could be bothered to give him. If Lowe has the same kind of season again that will do me.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

New players desperately needed on 09:44 - Aug 1 with 2249 viewsdonkonky

Think Foulton ,Grimes and Byers will all benefit from playing in a possession based team. Maybe it’s worth holding onto Grimes and Byers especially if this 1.5 million fee for Grimes is correct.
New players desperately needed on 09:53 - Aug 1 with 2226 viewsmagicdaps10

Creativity and pace has been sucked out of the squad in the last 2 years! Players who can express themselves were not in Coopers plans and a robotic player was a shoe in.... Amazed me how Cooper could see a creative 10 in his set up could have been the cherry on top.

Personally believe a creative goalscoring 10 should be the main concern.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

New players desperately needed on 10:02 - Aug 1 with 2206 viewsjack247

New players desperately needed on 09:41 - Aug 1 by Dr_Winston

Don't think Garrick is good enough personally. Not yet at least.

Midfield is key for me. We need to replace Grimes with someone far more dynamic. A strong midfield ball carrier capable of breaking the lines is something we thought MGW could give us but circumstances got in the way.Happy with Fulton as the DM with Smith as competition/cover.

As for a #10, it would depend on how the new boss sees Piroe fitting in. I'm cautiously optimistic about our forward options as they stand, even if we don't bring someone else in. Whittaker has done well pre-season and deserves more game time than Cooper could be bothered to give him. If Lowe has the same kind of season again that will do me.

I don’t either, at least he wasn’t when he went to Swindon, he may have matured last season.

I was just responding to the call for width and pace. We’ve got it in the squad, but yes Garrick needed to improve his decision making, his positional sense and arguably even his concentration last time I saw him play.

Agree we need that type of player in midfield. Smith is a squad player at best for me.

As was rightly pointed out further up the thread, we’ve got a glut of young players who need game time and 99% a new manager who is likely to change our playing style. It’s got transition season written all over it. I’d be happy with middle of the pack and some entertaining games. Crack on next season when the playing style is embedded and the likes of Whittaker, Latabaudiere, Cooper, Garrick are more experienced.
New players desperately needed on 10:02 - Aug 1 with 2206 viewsdobjack2

New players desperately needed on 09:44 - Aug 1 by donkonky

Think Foulton ,Grimes and Byers will all benefit from playing in a possession based team. Maybe it’s worth holding onto Grimes and Byers especially if this 1.5 million fee for Grimes is correct.

Grimes is history; his contract is up end of season and the £1.5 million is probably nonsense even taking his contract situation into account. What are the odds it will be an undisclosed transfer.
New players desperately needed on 10:12 - Aug 1 with 2179 viewsDr_Winston

Garrick's biggest problem for me is his ball control, which isn't great for a player whose game is based on speed. There's fundamental deficiencies there that have to be fixed if he's going to get anywhere.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

New players desperately needed on 10:15 - Aug 1 with 2170 viewsBadlands

New players desperately needed on 10:12 - Aug 1 by Dr_Winston

Garrick's biggest problem for me is his ball control, which isn't great for a player whose game is based on speed. There's fundamental deficiencies there that have to be fixed if he's going to get anywhere.

Lowe, Cullen and Garrick gave very poor ball control.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

New players desperately needed on 10:20 - Aug 1 with 2152 viewsowainglyndwr

New players desperately needed on 00:39 - Aug 1 by ReslovenSwan1

I believe this season is a development season. The squad is too young and Martin wants to change the style onn ttop of that in a higher league. .

The squad is jammed with 19-22 year old's with only 10-30 games under their belts. People like Cullen, Latibeaudirere, Whittaker , Joseph Brandon and Ollie Cooper, Garrick. All of them need a decent run.

I agree they need decent game time, but after yesterday's game , we need to bring in about 4 or 5 experienced player to help them along .
We were a bit disjointed at the back and at times no midfield
New players desperately needed on 10:54 - Aug 1 with 2067 viewsbuilthjack

If Martin comes in, and I hope he does, It will take him a couple of transfer windows to bring in the players he needs, to play the style of football that he wants.
There are 5 or 6 of ours who cant even trap a ball. 3 or 4 who only have one foot.
If he brings in 2 or 3 now, then he will bring a few in next January, and have a proper clear out from next June 1st.
Dont expect promotion this season (I hope i am proven wrong).

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

New players desperately needed on 11:52 - Aug 1 with 1972 viewsjasper_T

Half our team was signed by the current head of recruitment so anyone expecting a new manager to make sweeping changes after coming in is getting carried away. We've signed two strikers (three since January) who have already been written off apparently.

Anyone remember the score last summer when we played Southampton? Using that game as proof we need to sign "4 or 5" new regulars to be competitive in the Championship is madness.
New players desperately needed on 11:54 - Aug 1 with 1967 viewsbuilthjack

New players desperately needed on 11:52 - Aug 1 by jasper_T

Half our team was signed by the current head of recruitment so anyone expecting a new manager to make sweeping changes after coming in is getting carried away. We've signed two strikers (three since January) who have already been written off apparently.

Anyone remember the score last summer when we played Southampton? Using that game as proof we need to sign "4 or 5" new regulars to be competitive in the Championship is madness.

What's your view on Scott?

New players desperately needed on 12:12 - Aug 1 with 1936 viewsGVJack

I didn't see the game yesterday, but for me all positions should be considered for upgrading with the exception of Roberts and Cabango who look like they're destined for the Prem.

Teams who generally do well in this league tend to have an out and out goalscorer who plays 30+ matches and is in or near around the 20+ goals mark. I'm not sure if we have the personell for that yet, either the quality up front or across the pitch to control the match and provide the chances.

I think the quality coming out of the academy seems to be running a bit dry, to throw 3/4 players outntherenin the championship week in week out is asking too much, get at least a couple of them out on loan until January at least so they can have some experience playing competitive football.

I just hope the manager coming in can work very quick to get a first 11, system and style nailed down so we can start to see some consistency going forward.
New players desperately needed on 12:26 - Aug 1 with 1902 viewsjasper_T

New players desperately needed on 11:54 - Aug 1 by builthjack

What's your view on Scott?

Mixed bag. Important that the club have its own recruitment team apart from the manager given how Potter's departure left us in the lurch. Apart from Lowe which signings have been a roaring success so far?

Piroe was a large enough fee that if he flops there will be scrutiny, I think. Was a considered a major prospect at the time we supposedly started tracking him, but his career stalled until (hopefully) now.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024