Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Have We stopped taking the knee ? 20:46 - Aug 1 with 8539 viewsFlashberryjack

Have we stopped taking the knee for good, or have we only stopped for friendlies.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Have We stopped taking the knee ? on 22:24 - Aug 1 with 1320 viewsAjack_Kerouac

Man City's support for BLM...

"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid" - "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" - "The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it"

Have We stopped taking the knee ? on 22:25 - Aug 1 with 1319 viewsAjack_Kerouac

Crystal Palace...

"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid" - "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" - "The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it"

Have We stopped taking the knee ? on 22:26 - Aug 1 with 1318 viewsAjack_Kerouac

Spurs...

Have We stopped taking the knee ? on 22:27 - Aug 1 with 1317 viewsAjack_Kerouac

West Ham...

Have We stopped taking the knee ? on 22:30 - Aug 1 with 1310 viewsAjack_Kerouac

Have We stopped taking the knee ? on 21:42 - Aug 1 by dobjack2

The issue is footballers getting racially abused. Whichever way footballers wish to bring that to public attention is fine by me.

The messaging is quite clear; they are not looking to defund the police or encourage fans to tear down statues etc. Some people seem to want to bring this view into an anti-racism protest I’m sure they have their reasons.

By enough is enough do you think that players should stop taking any action?

Did the kneeling start for BLM or as an anti-racism campaign?

It's a simple, straight question, take your time...

Have We stopped taking the knee ? on 22:34 - Aug 1 with 1303 viewsdobjack2

Have We stopped taking the knee ? on 22:17 - Aug 1 by Ajack_Kerouac

How about you reflect. Are you capable of that?

I’ve reflected.

You appear to be allowing your hatred of BLM to affect your ability to support an anti racism message. You appear to be ignoring the FA statement but you aren’t on your own on that one.

Our own players have been subjected to racist abuse, it’s sad that you cannot support our players in whatever they do to highlight the racist abuse that Black players receive.
Have We stopped taking the knee ? on 22:37 - Aug 1 with 1297 viewsAjack_Kerouac

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53242328

Have We stopped taking the knee ? on 22:50 - Aug 1 with 1276 viewsAjack_Kerouac

Have We stopped taking the knee ? on 22:34 - Aug 1 by dobjack2

I’ve reflected.

You appear to be allowing your hatred of BLM to affect your ability to support an anti racism message. You appear to be ignoring the FA statement but you aren’t on your own on that one.

Our own players have been subjected to racist abuse, it’s sad that you cannot support our players in whatever they do to highlight the racist abuse that Black players receive.

Reflect on the fact that the Premier League supported BLM, a political movement responsible for this...

etc.

Login to get fewer ads

Have We stopped taking the knee ? on 22:53 - Aug 1 with 1267 viewsAjack_Kerouac

Chelsea...

[Post edited 1 Aug 2021 22:55]

Have We stopped taking the knee ? on 22:54 - Aug 1 with 1263 viewsKilkennyjack

Have We stopped taking the knee ? on 21:46 - Aug 1 by ReslovenSwan1

What are your view of aggressive anti Welsh sheep themed abuse, Kilkenny ?.

Your willingness to involve yourself in matters relating to dark skinned people is honourable but on the sheep issue you are strangely silent.

Personally I see sheep abuse and monkey abuse as part of the same family of "banter" which is not acceptable. Zero tolerance is an nice buzz word but needs application.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2021 21:51]

Go and support your team. Thats it.

I do agree with you on this one.

Beware of the Risen People

Have We stopped taking the knee ? on 22:58 - Aug 1 with 1254 viewsKilkennyjack

Great to see all the teams supporting equality.

Young men using their privilaged position for good.

Beware of the Risen People

Have We stopped taking the knee ? on 23:03 - Aug 1 with 1255 viewsAjack_Kerouac

Have We stopped taking the knee ? on 22:58 - Aug 1 by Kilkennyjack

Great to see all the teams supporting equality.

Young men using their privilaged position for good.

So you agree that footballers in this country took the knee for BLM and thus adopted the political position ?

Have We stopped taking the knee ? on 23:22 - Aug 1 with 1244 viewsAjack_Kerouac

So Dob and Kilk are not going to reply are they...they will do what all Lefties do when confronted with facts and asked to give a straight answer, run away.

Let's have a quick run through what has been established so far on this thread;

- https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53242328
The Premier League and football in this country in general endorsed the BLM movement.

- They bragged about this on social media, posting photos of themselves kneeling and tweeting their support for BLM.

- BLM is responsible for violence, murder, looting, arson etc. and also is a political movement that takes the following stances;
1) Anti-nuclear family
2) Anti-Capitalism
3) Pro defunding the police
4) Anti Israel (I'll stop this list here, it goes on and on, a wishlist of the Far Left)

- Once they figured out that their support for BLM was deeply unpopular (when fans were allowed in and booed) they lied about their previous support for BLM...
"Oh no, how silly of you for taking what we say seriously, WE don't support BLM...we are just anti-racism!"

- Unfortunately for these liars all of this only happened last year so is fresh in the memory of the public...plus the evidence of their support for BLM is all over the internet (due to the incessant virtue signalling)

- People who support BLM and it's aims feel no shame about the violence, murder, arson, destruction of property, undermining of law and order etc. done in the name of BLM.
NO SHAME WHATSOEVER.

- If, come September, our pampered footballers continue to kneel in support of this violent political movement they will be booed.

- People who supported BLM are thick as mince.

Have We stopped taking the knee ? on 01:54 - Aug 2 with 1174 viewsJack59

Have We stopped taking the knee ? on 21:43 - Aug 1 by 73__73

I pay for my season ticket to watch the players play football.
If they want to take the knee, they can do it somewhere else.
If they continue to take the knee before each game, I’ll simply go and do something else on a Saturday afternoon.

i agree, if they continue to TTK i will also stop attending after 45 years as a season ticket holder.
Have We stopped taking the knee ? on 02:15 - Aug 2 with 1140 viewsDr_Parnassus

I don’t think anyone can continue to suggest the knee isn’t clearly linked to BLM the organisation, whether intended or not.

You cannot adopt such a visible link to BLM while hashtagging #BLM everywhere, and when you realise how awful BLM is… just say ah no it’s about something else, while continuing the action associated with them.

99.999% of people are all for anti racism. Probably a bit of an even split against radical leftist politics or ideals.

Why people want to conflate the two I have no idea. I can only imagine it’s because they know they would get no pushback whatsoever against a genuine anti racism message, this way they can pretend the boos and the pushback are from people disagreeing with them and their actions are therefore needed and worthwhile.

It all feels very dishonest to me, not to mention counter productive.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2021 5:06]

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Have We stopped taking the knee ? on 07:56 - Aug 2 with 1057 viewsdobjack2

Have We stopped taking the knee ? on 23:22 - Aug 1 by Ajack_Kerouac

So Dob and Kilk are not going to reply are they...they will do what all Lefties do when confronted with facts and asked to give a straight answer, run away.

Let's have a quick run through what has been established so far on this thread;

- https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53242328
The Premier League and football in this country in general endorsed the BLM movement.

- They bragged about this on social media, posting photos of themselves kneeling and tweeting their support for BLM.

- BLM is responsible for violence, murder, looting, arson etc. and also is a political movement that takes the following stances;
1) Anti-nuclear family
2) Anti-Capitalism
3) Pro defunding the police
4) Anti Israel (I'll stop this list here, it goes on and on, a wishlist of the Far Left)

- Once they figured out that their support for BLM was deeply unpopular (when fans were allowed in and booed) they lied about their previous support for BLM...
"Oh no, how silly of you for taking what we say seriously, WE don't support BLM...we are just anti-racism!"

- Unfortunately for these liars all of this only happened last year so is fresh in the memory of the public...plus the evidence of their support for BLM is all over the internet (due to the incessant virtue signalling)

- People who support BLM and it's aims feel no shame about the violence, murder, arson, destruction of property, undermining of law and order etc. done in the name of BLM.
NO SHAME WHATSOEVER.

- If, come September, our pampered footballers continue to kneel in support of this violent political movement they will be booed.

- People who supported BLM are thick as mince.

Again you try to deflect from the basic issue of the racial abuse of footballers, including our own players, with your hatred of BLM and seek to justify the booing of footballers because of that hatred. Hence I won’t play your game.

You either seem unable to accept that players have had enough of colleagues being racially abused on social media and want to take a public stand against it or, if you accept it, believe that they shouldn’t do anything or should only do things that you agree with. You won’t support our own players in whatever they choose to do even though some of them have been racially abused.

We will never agree but our respective comments say a lot about each of us as individuals.
Have We stopped taking the knee ? on 08:06 - Aug 2 with 1044 viewsAjack_Kerouac

Have We stopped taking the knee ? on 07:56 - Aug 2 by dobjack2

Again you try to deflect from the basic issue of the racial abuse of footballers, including our own players, with your hatred of BLM and seek to justify the booing of footballers because of that hatred. Hence I won’t play your game.

You either seem unable to accept that players have had enough of colleagues being racially abused on social media and want to take a public stand against it or, if you accept it, believe that they shouldn’t do anything or should only do things that you agree with. You won’t support our own players in whatever they choose to do even though some of them have been racially abused.

We will never agree but our respective comments say a lot about each of us as individuals.

I’m sorry it is impossible to have an honest conversation with you.

I have made it clear that my problem is with politics in sport and the players’ support for the BLM movement.
I have provided hard evidence that players and clubs specifically supported the BLM movement and did so by ‘taking a knee’.
Still you carry on with the ‘it’s not about BLM’ lie.

You don’t answer simple, straight, direct, questions.
This is the end of our conversation.
Kneel and you’ll be booed (no anti-racism campaign has EVER been booed in this country, we will be booing the BLM movement).
Try to hijack our club or exclude fans who disagree with your politics and suffer the consequences.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2021 8:08]

Have We stopped taking the knee ? on 08:19 - Aug 2 with 1034 viewsdobjack2

Have We stopped taking the knee ? on 01:54 - Aug 2 by Jack59

i agree, if they continue to TTK i will also stop attending after 45 years as a season ticket holder.

Are you so focussed on hating BLM that you are missing the point that the players are highlighting the issue of the racial abuse of colleagues?

The Football Association (FA) said in a statement that the “gesture of unity and fighting against inequality” is “not new” as it stretches as far back as the 18th century.

“There can be no doubt as to why the players are taking the knee and what it represents in a footballing context. We encourage those that oppose this action to reflect on the message you are sending to the players you are supporting.”

I support our players in whatever they do to highlight the racial abuse that is thrown at some of them. I don’t think that it’s down to me, a white middle aged male, to tell them how to do it. I accept what they do for the clear reasons why they do it.

As in the FA statement above what message do you think is sent to players by fans booing or staying away?

Have you forgotten that some of our players have been subjected to that abuse? Are you supportive of our players that have been racially abused? If so you have a strange way of showing it.
Have We stopped taking the knee ? on 08:25 - Aug 2 with 1018 viewsonehunglow

Have We stopped taking the knee ? on 22:21 - Aug 1 by Ajack_Kerouac

Everton F.C. tweet;

"Together we are stronger.

#BlackLivesMatter"

Posted with a video of them kneeling for BLM

...note to those who claim that footballers kneeling for racism has nothing to do with BLM or politics, It was last YEAR, you virtue signalled all over social media...nobody is buying your lies. NOBODY

It is easy to feel hurt for the black man when living in the likes of Swansea .
Many feeling guilt over the way white man has treated blacks
It is guilt.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Have We stopped taking the knee ? on 08:29 - Aug 2 with 1002 viewsDr_Parnassus

Have We stopped taking the knee ? on 08:19 - Aug 2 by dobjack2

Are you so focussed on hating BLM that you are missing the point that the players are highlighting the issue of the racial abuse of colleagues?

The Football Association (FA) said in a statement that the “gesture of unity and fighting against inequality” is “not new” as it stretches as far back as the 18th century.

“There can be no doubt as to why the players are taking the knee and what it represents in a footballing context. We encourage those that oppose this action to reflect on the message you are sending to the players you are supporting.”

I support our players in whatever they do to highlight the racial abuse that is thrown at some of them. I don’t think that it’s down to me, a white middle aged male, to tell them how to do it. I accept what they do for the clear reasons why they do it.

As in the FA statement above what message do you think is sent to players by fans booing or staying away?

Have you forgotten that some of our players have been subjected to that abuse? Are you supportive of our players that have been racially abused? If so you have a strange way of showing it.

The reason they are now saying they are doing it doesn’t take away from the current political meaning behind the knee.

The knee is being booed, not the players or indeed the message.

Again I take it back to the swastika. It was around long before the Nazi party adopted it, it actually means prosperity in Hindi.

People are looking at this through the wrong eyes. While the knee may not mean a BLM link to some of those doing it, it may well do for those booing it.

Why conflate the two? Makes no sense. Make another gesture that isn’t linked to them… but then that wouldn’t be as fun as everyone would just agree.
[Post edited 26 Jun 2023 5:43]

Have We stopped taking the knee ? on 08:40 - Aug 2 with 1000 viewsonehunglow

Many many countries must be racist as many of them are not either.
It is utter tokenism now.
The very fact it is now being debated suggest that.

It is entirely possible to detest BLM and not be racist.

The aims of BLM are sinister to me and opportunist.

This ain’t good

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Have We stopped taking the knee ? on 08:49 - Aug 2 with 999 viewsdobjack2

Have We stopped taking the knee ? on 08:06 - Aug 2 by Ajack_Kerouac

I’m sorry it is impossible to have an honest conversation with you.

I have made it clear that my problem is with politics in sport and the players’ support for the BLM movement.
I have provided hard evidence that players and clubs specifically supported the BLM movement and did so by ‘taking a knee’.
Still you carry on with the ‘it’s not about BLM’ lie.

You don’t answer simple, straight, direct, questions.
This is the end of our conversation.
Kneel and you’ll be booed (no anti-racism campaign has EVER been booed in this country, we will be booing the BLM movement).
Try to hijack our club or exclude fans who disagree with your politics and suffer the consequences.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2021 8:08]

It’s not politics in sport but racism in football that the players are protesting against. You are the one bringing politics into it because you hate BLM.

I don’t care how players protest against the racism that they receive. To me how they protest is very much secondary to the message. As a white middle aged male I don’t believe it’s down to me to tell players who have been racially abused and their colleagues how they should protest. I support our team in whatever way they protest.

Clearly the way they protest is far more important to you than the fact that players are racially abused. You are prepared to boo our players for making a public statement against the racism they receive because of your political views particularly in respect of BLM. Your political views and bias are more important to you than supporting our team in whatever way they choose to highlight the racism players in our team have received.

I find the vitriol in your post quite sad though unsurprising. At least you are being honest in that your politics are more important to you than our own players making a public statement on racial abuse. I take the opposing view that the anti racism message from our players is more important than the way they deliver it.

Again our respective posts say a lot about us as people.
Have We stopped taking the knee ? on 08:55 - Aug 2 with 995 viewsItchySphincter

Have We stopped taking the knee ? on 08:40 - Aug 2 by onehunglow

This ain’t good

It's also possible to realise that taking the knee is not Marxist.

I've always been happy for them to do it, equally I'd support them if they decided to do something different - but I don't think they should stop doing it just because it upsets a bunch of middle-aged white men.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Have We stopped taking the knee ? on 08:58 - Aug 2 with 988 viewsdobjack2

Have We stopped taking the knee ? on 08:40 - Aug 2 by onehunglow

This ain’t good

Our players are making a stand against the racist abuse they get. Do you support them in doing that?
Have We stopped taking the knee ? on 09:14 - Aug 2 with 946 viewsDr_Parnassus

Have We stopped taking the knee ? on 08:55 - Aug 2 by ItchySphincter

It's also possible to realise that taking the knee is not Marxist.

I've always been happy for them to do it, equally I'd support them if they decided to do something different - but I don't think they should stop doing it just because it upsets a bunch of middle-aged white men.

BLM is a Marxist organisation that promotes an anti capitalism stance, anti police and anti traditional family unit. It’s left wing extremism, in its true senseless, divisive and damaging form.

The current knee in sport was started by Colin Kaepernick who bought into the “hands up don’t shoot” lie. This was jumped upon by BLM and other politically affiliated groups after the George Floyd incident. But the message was the same and we all saw the result to tens of thousands of peoples homes and businesses as a result, many in minority communities.

Clubs in the U.K. then started to do the same with the clubs hashtagging #BLM as it was then fashionable to do so…

It’s a bit too late to realise they were too twitch-happy to jump on board and now want to distance themselves from the organisation after realising what they are… while keeping the symbol, it’s already too entrenched in the connection.

If people want solidarity against the dying notion of racism then they will adopt a symbol/slogan that has no political links to it at all. Common sense.

If people want conflict in order to then redirect the reason for that conflict in order to justify their fight, then they will keep it… So far they have kept it.

That’s their choice, but it’s very unlikely such a politically affiliated delivery will be met with unanimous support. That’s just the way it is.

Your “white middle aged men” thing is of course an intentional red herring. People of all genders and races are against the knee and what it represents to many.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2021 9:16]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024