Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Andy scott 08:22 - Aug 3 with 3974 viewsangryjack

If he's the man making the signings,imo needs stepping down..why would you sign Liam Walsh who has a history of injuries in his career,that's one the main things you look at in a player when you make signings,and low and behold the season ain't even started and he got a hamstring injury,I don't think he has made one signing that has convinced me,maybe Bennett and perhaps Lowe if he improves on last season,,but signing Walsh who is probably on a whack..is criminal

This post has been edited by an administrator
Andy scott on 11:04 - Aug 3 with 2821 viewsBillyChong

Inevitable when looking at freebies/second chancers/loanees as we are at present. These players are a gamble.
Andy scott on 11:22 - Aug 3 with 2811 viewsCatullus

I guess any signing is a gamble but a player with known injury history like Walsh is more of a gamble. As said, in the market we are mostly looking at our choices are more limited. Unearthing a cheap gem isn't easy and you have to take chances.
Even so, does Scott actually sign them or does he just recommend them to the manager/head coach? Once recommended I'd reckon the players history has to be discussed, including injuries. Maybe martin wouldn't have signed Walsh, or maybe he would?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Andy scott on 11:43 - Aug 3 with 2796 viewsKGriz16

I'd suggest that players with a history of injury have clauses in their contracts boys. Why don't you reserve your judgement OP until the end of the window.
Andy scott on 13:04 - Aug 3 with 2736 viewsangryjack

Andy scott on 11:43 - Aug 3 by KGriz16

I'd suggest that players with a history of injury have clauses in their contracts boys. Why don't you reserve your judgement OP until the end of the window.

Because scott has had a number of windows where pmatershave been signed and not had hardly any game time or improved our squad, that must tell you something about his signings as fir Walsh injured most last season and we sign someone injury prone,and guess what he's injured again
Andy scott on 07:29 - Aug 4 with 2405 viewsDr_Winston

Andy scott on 11:43 - Aug 3 by KGriz16

"Why don't you reserve your judgement OP until the end of the window. "

Because now the manager situation is sorted these people need to find something else to whine about?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Andy scott on 08:46 - Aug 4 with 2291 viewsdantheswansman

Andy scott on 07:29 - Aug 4 by Dr_Winston

"Why don't you reserve your judgement OP until the end of the window. "

Because now the manager situation is sorted these people need to find something else to whine about?

Absolutely, it’s honestly pathetic
Andy scott on 09:34 - Aug 4 with 2222 viewsraynor94

Andy scott on 08:46 - Aug 4 by dantheswansman

Absolutely, it’s honestly pathetic

Same bloke who whined on and on about Lowe at the beginning of last season.

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Andy scott on 08:35 - Aug 5 with 1973 viewsangryjack

Andy scott on 09:34 - Aug 4 by raynor94

Same bloke who whined on and on about Lowe at the beginning of last season.

And I stand by it Lowe is bang average at best mush
Login to get fewer ads

Andy scott on 12:23 - Aug 5 with 1862 viewsChief

Pretty obvious he's the man with the Shankland infatuation.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Andy scott on 17:50 - Aug 5 with 1685 views34dfgdf54

Andy scott on 12:23 - Aug 5 by Chief

Pretty obvious he's the man with the Shankland infatuation.

With the imminent signing of Jamie Paterson it’s also pretty obvious Bristol city is to him what Falkirk was to Huw.
Andy scott on 18:17 - Aug 5 with 1635 viewsjasper_T

Andy scott on 17:50 - Aug 5 by 34dfgdf54

With the imminent signing of Jamie Paterson it’s also pretty obvious Bristol city is to him what Falkirk was to Huw.

Scouting team not allowed to travel over the border, settling for a peek with binoculars.
Andy scott on 18:27 - Aug 5 with 1622 viewsbuilthjack

Russell Martin needs to sort the signings from now on. Not a bloke behind the scenes who doesn't pick the team.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Andy scott on 18:35 - Aug 5 with 1600 viewsWhiterockin

Andy scott on 18:27 - Aug 5 by builthjack

Russell Martin needs to sort the signings from now on. Not a bloke behind the scenes who doesn't pick the team.

Fine if he is given the budget and sticks to it, spend it all and there is no more. To be reviewed a month before every window opens.
Andy scott on 18:37 - Aug 5 with 1590 viewsNotLoyal

I think Scott sources and recommends, not signs?

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Andy scott on 18:54 - Aug 5 with 1560 viewsChief

I don't know the answer, so this isn't a criticism.

But Brentford have had most of their transfer success signing from Europe, most notably Denmark. Brentford's owner Benham also owns a club in Denmark, so how much of their transfer recruitment success can actually be attributed to Scott? Or is it Benham using his knowledge / contacts on the continent sourcing/ suggesting players?

Andy scott on 18:55 - Aug 5 with 1559 viewsDr_Winston

Yep.

Scott sourcing players and making recommendations is his job as head of recruitment. Head of recruitment, manager and chief executive should then get together and work to bring the preferred options to the club.

The days of a manager and manager alone having responsibility for bringing players in are long, long gone. Martin will have a say. Players he recommends himself will certainly be considered, but ultimately he's only part of the process.

We were left right up sh*t creek when Reeves buggered off with Martinez, and to a lesser extent when Potter moved on. That cannot happen. The club's scouting systems must remain independent of team management.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Andy scott on 19:36 - Aug 5 with 1505 viewsjasper_T

Andy scott on 18:54 - Aug 5 by Chief

I don't know the answer, so this isn't a criticism.

But Brentford have had most of their transfer success signing from Europe, most notably Denmark. Brentford's owner Benham also owns a club in Denmark, so how much of their transfer recruitment success can actually be attributed to Scott? Or is it Benham using his knowledge / contacts on the continent sourcing/ suggesting players?

There's a list of people responsible for creating Brentford's recruitment model(s) and I've never seen a suggestion that Scott was chief among them or responsible for the whole thing. Benham and Rasmus Ankersen were changing things a few years before Scott started working for them as a scout.
Andy scott on 20:48 - Aug 5 with 1441 viewsChief

Andy scott on 19:36 - Aug 5 by jasper_T

There's a list of people responsible for creating Brentford's recruitment model(s) and I've never seen a suggestion that Scott was chief among them or responsible for the whole thing. Benham and Rasmus Ankersen were changing things a few years before Scott started working for them as a scout.

Yea that makes sense considering the types of player they signed in his time there, and the types of player we're signing during his time here.

Words apart.

Andy scott on 10:27 - Aug 6 with 1263 viewsangryjack

Get rid of him I say ..not doing much scouting just going through list of released players at Bristol City and signing them.
Andy scott on 10:31 - Aug 6 with 1257 viewsangryjack

Andy scott on 10:27 - Aug 6 by angryjack

Get rid of him I say ..not doing much scouting just going through list of released players at Bristol City and signing them.

Must be talking to their physio about them as they always injured him and Walsh
Andy scott on 10:51 - Aug 6 with 1234 viewswhiterock

Done a fantastic job at Brentford, their best players are now coming to fruition, IMO, he's good for our club and we are lucky to have him
Andy scott on 11:04 - Aug 6 with 1213 viewsChief

Andy scott on 10:51 - Aug 6 by whiterock

Done a fantastic job at Brentford, their best players are now coming to fruition, IMO, he's good for our club and we are lucky to have him

But did he? Or does he get credit for it just because he happened to be there? As I say other people connected to Brentford have strong links to Denmark/Europe from where Brentford have had most of their joy.

Andy scott on 11:06 - Aug 6 with 1206 viewsjasper_T

Andy scott on 10:51 - Aug 6 by whiterock

Maupay and Watkins signed towards the end of his Brentford spell (July 2017) but Benrahma was a year later, after he'd gone. Konsa, Da Silva, Mbuemo, Norgaard, Pinnock etc. all arrived post-Scott.

Was involved with Watford in the two years before he came to us.
Andy scott on 11:19 - Aug 6 with 1201 viewsDr_Winston

Andy scott on 11:04 - Aug 6 by Chief

But did he? Or does he get credit for it just because he happened to be there? As I say other people connected to Brentford have strong links to Denmark/Europe from where Brentford have had most of their joy.

Or are people trying to deny him credit even though he was there?

Andy scott on 12:26 - Aug 6 with 1149 viewsKeithHaynes

Andy scott on 11:19 - Aug 6 by Dr_Winston

Or are people trying to deny him credit even though he was there?

When your head of recruitment it’s hard not to get some credit for decent signings.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024