Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swans wait on Fulham and Watford for Russell Martin’s first transfer news 09:00 - Aug 3 with 2054 viewsSwansIndependent

Swans wait on Fulham and Watford for Russell Martin’s first transfer news 3rd Aug 2021 09:00
The first business of the new season is on its way at Swansea City with George Byers about to get his wish to leave the club for Sheffield Wednesday this week. And secondly, and far more importantly captain Matt Grimes is also waiting for confirmation that the club will let him move on to Fulham or Watford. 0

This post has been edited by an administrator
Swans wait on Fulham and Watford for Russell Martin’s first transfer news on 09:04 - Aug 3 with 2029 views34dfgdf54

Cooper walking away with £120k. Can't say I'm surprised.
Swans wait on Fulham and Watford for Russell Martin’s first transfer news on 09:37 - Aug 3 with 1893 viewsjohnlangy

I just want us to get the right money for him. Joe Rodon was virtually given away for a ridiculously low amount.
Swans wait on Fulham and Watford for Russell Martin’s first transfer news on 10:00 - Aug 3 with 1831 viewsCatullus

It's not that I want Grimes to leave but if the fee we get allows Martin to bring in 2/3 new players that he wants then it has to be the right move.

To be honest, the bit about Grimes asking 3 times as much, that surprised me. In the current climate only a club with deep pockets prarachute payments or both would consider it. I'm not sure he's worth 36k per week, heck I am sure, he isn't worth that. He's a steady eddie, a safe, consistent player but not one to inspire anyone else.

I know money isn't free flowing at the Liberty but maybe now is the time to loosen the purse strings a tad? Not massively by any means but given the financial constraints many other clubs are under, if Martin does a good job we could see another push at the play offs. We have a small, young squad but a couple of good additions, experienced players, maybe some youthful enthusiasm and attacking coaching could go a long way?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Swans wait on Fulham and Watford for Russell Martin’s first transfer news on 10:11 - Aug 3 with 1787 viewsvetchonian

Swans wait on Fulham and Watford for Russell Martin’s first transfer news on 10:00 - Aug 3 by Catullus

It's not that I want Grimes to leave but if the fee we get allows Martin to bring in 2/3 new players that he wants then it has to be the right move.

To be honest, the bit about Grimes asking 3 times as much, that surprised me. In the current climate only a club with deep pockets prarachute payments or both would consider it. I'm not sure he's worth 36k per week, heck I am sure, he isn't worth that. He's a steady eddie, a safe, consistent player but not one to inspire anyone else.

I know money isn't free flowing at the Liberty but maybe now is the time to loosen the purse strings a tad? Not massively by any means but given the financial constraints many other clubs are under, if Martin does a good job we could see another push at the play offs. We have a small, young squad but a couple of good additions, experienced players, maybe some youthful enthusiasm and attacking coaching could go a long way?

The fact that there are not a stream of clubs banging on our door for Grimes says it all

As you say he is a steady eddie, and has probably watched quite a bit...its what clubs do..to see if a player is different/better to what they have or are looking at else where

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Swans wait on Fulham and Watford for Russell Martin’s first transfer news on 10:15 - Aug 3 with 1776 viewsCatullus

Swans wait on Fulham and Watford for Russell Martin’s first transfer news on 10:11 - Aug 3 by vetchonian

The fact that there are not a stream of clubs banging on our door for Grimes says it all

As you say he is a steady eddie, and has probably watched quite a bit...its what clubs do..to see if a player is different/better to what they have or are looking at else where

There doesn't have to be a stream of clubs, one club will do as long as they meet our asking price.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Swans wait on Fulham and Watford for Russell Martin’s first transfer news on 10:17 - Aug 3 with 1756 viewsKeithHaynes

Swans wait on Fulham and Watford for Russell Martin’s first transfer news on 10:00 - Aug 3 by Catullus

Fulham signing Wilson for 11m will tell Grimes agent there’s money in the pot if they really want him.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swans wait on Fulham and Watford for Russell Martin’s first transfer news on 10:27 - Aug 3 with 1709 viewsChief

Did Whittaker really come for that fee!?

Thought it was reported on here at the time for being something like 200k?

700k seems mad considering how much we paid for more seasoned championship players such as Manning and Lowe

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Swans wait on Fulham and Watford for Russell Martin’s first transfer news on 10:29 - Aug 3 with 1704 viewsCatullus

Swans wait on Fulham and Watford for Russell Martin’s first transfer news on 10:17 - Aug 3 by KeithHaynes

Fulham signing Wilson for 11m will tell Grimes agent there’s money in the pot if they really want him.

Yeah, that's wy I said deep pockets (Shahid) and parachute payments, Fulham fit the bill.

I do think Grimes will be a bench warmer down there though. If they keep most of their relegation squad and add to it, Grimes will have to do very well to nail down a starting spot.

Login to get fewer ads

Swans wait on Fulham and Watford for Russell Martin’s first transfer news on 12:31 - Aug 3 with 1437 viewsguthrieintherain

Swans wait on Fulham and Watford for Russell Martin’s first transfer news on 09:04 - Aug 3 by 34dfgdf54

Cooper walking away with £120k. Can't say I'm surprised.

120 grand pay off because he didn't fancy completing his contract.

Wonder if my boss would go for that.

Football is on a different planet to the rest of us.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Swans wait on Fulham and Watford for Russell Martin’s first transfer news on 13:22 - Aug 3 with 1336 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swans wait on Fulham and Watford for Russell Martin’s first transfer news on 12:31 - Aug 3 by guthrieintherain

It looks lie a gentleman's compromise. Probably 50% of his outstanding salary.

Birch gave the club 'Cooperball' which was not what the doctor ordered. Cooper has done the Sousa job.

Swansea could have sacked him and paid the full £240,000. Winter and Jason would have got dogs abuse for this from fans. Fans now have nothing to complain about. Cooper quit.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Swans wait on Fulham and Watford for Russell Martin’s first transfer news on 13:46 - Aug 3 with 1289 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swans wait on Fulham and Watford for Russell Martin’s first transfer news on 09:37 - Aug 3 by johnlangy

I just want us to get the right money for him. Joe Rodon was virtually given away for a ridiculously low amount.

£11m with another £4m is not "virtually being given away" even in pre- Covid terms.

Wilson has gone for £12m. Liverpool bought a Greek fullback for the same price at the same time with numerous caps for Greece. Rodon has not even established himself and it not certain he will. If he does the price goes up to £15m. A great deal in my view.

Swansea will struggle to get anywhere near that unless the market improves. Players are not getting bought. Most of Swansea's prospects are tied up to until 2023 -2024. They cannot be left on the bench

Wise sage since Toshack era

Swans wait on Fulham and Watford for Russell Martin’s first transfer news on 14:08 - Aug 3 with 1256 viewsKeithHaynes

Swans wait on Fulham and Watford for Russell Martin’s first transfer news on 12:31 - Aug 3 by guthrieintherain

In this case it would have been to prevent him going to another club straight away. Why we would care I don’t know. Just say to him you want to go ? Go then, if only it was as simple as that.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swans wait on Fulham and Watford for Russell Martin’s first transfer news on 15:48 - Aug 3 with 1111 viewsguthrieintherain

Swans wait on Fulham and Watford for Russell Martin’s first transfer news on 14:08 - Aug 3 by KeithHaynes

In this case it would have been to prevent him going to another club straight away. Why we would care I don’t know. Just say to him you want to go ? Go then, if only it was as simple as that.

Yes suppose so was just making an observation what would have happened if Winter said to Cooper we would like you to see your contract out?

Not many jobs that will pay you off for quiting but football has always been a law to itself.

The rest of us just work till we drop or win the lottery

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Swans wait on Fulham and Watford for Russell Martin’s first transfer news on 16:04 - Aug 3 with 1058 viewsPBJ

Now we need to buy an CM for Russell style.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2021 16:06]

Always go with the Facts.

Swans wait on Fulham and Watford for Russell Martin’s first transfer news on 16:11 - Aug 3 with 1036 viewsjasper_T

Swans wait on Fulham and Watford for Russell Martin’s first transfer news on 16:04 - Aug 3 by PBJ

Now we need to buy an CM for Russell style.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2021 16:06]

That not what Walsh is supposed to be?
Swans wait on Fulham and Watford for Russell Martin’s first transfer news on 16:17 - Aug 3 with 1019 viewsPBJ

Swans wait on Fulham and Watford for Russell Martin’s first transfer news on 16:11 - Aug 3 by jasper_T

That not what Walsh is supposed to be?

He got here before RM did

but who knows?

I'm thinking Smith suits RM's style well

Always go with the Facts.

Swans wait on Fulham and Watford for Russell Martin’s first transfer news on 16:22 - Aug 3 with 997 viewsvetchonian

Swans wait on Fulham and Watford for Russell Martin’s first transfer news on 15:48 - Aug 3 by guthrieintherain

Yes suppose so was just making an observation what would have happened if Winter said to Cooper we would like you to see your contract out?

Not many jobs that will pay you off for quiting but football has always been a law to itself.

The rest of us just work till we drop or win the lottery

I doubt if Terry got paid up by VIlla when he left....I suspect there is something behind the pay off of Cooper...otherwise the club could have just called his bluff and let him resign?

There was obviously some issue otherwise under employment law the club would have no legal obligation to pay up if it was Coopers decision to walk. Maybe time will tell but I doubt we will find out...Coopers been paid not to say

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Swans wait on Fulham and Watford for Russell Martin’s first transfer news on 18:12 - Aug 3 with 818 viewsBillyChong

Swans wait on Fulham and Watford for Russell Martin’s first transfer news on 13:46 - Aug 3 by ReslovenSwan1

£11m with another £4m is not "virtually being given away" even in pre- Covid terms.

Wilson has gone for £12m. Liverpool bought a Greek fullback for the same price at the same time with numerous caps for Greece. Rodon has not even established himself and it not certain he will. If he does the price goes up to £15m. A great deal in my view.

Swansea will struggle to get anywhere near that unless the market improves. Players are not getting bought. Most of Swansea's prospects are tied up to until 2023 -2024. They cannot be left on the bench

Norwich had £25m from Everton for the lesser established Ben Godfrey a few months earlier
Swans wait on Fulham and Watford for Russell Martin’s first transfer news on 18:54 - Aug 3 with 737 viewsjasper_T

Swans wait on Fulham and Watford for Russell Martin’s first transfer news on 18:12 - Aug 3 by BillyChong

Norwich had £25m from Everton for the lesser established Ben Godfrey a few months earlier

How was Godfrey "lesser established"?
Swans wait on Fulham and Watford for Russell Martin’s first transfer news on 20:05 - Aug 3 with 631 viewsgrabsplatter

Swans wait on Fulham and Watford for Russell Martin’s first transfer news on 18:12 - Aug 3 by BillyChong

Godfrey had more appearances than Joe, had already played a season in the Premier league & didn't have the injury issues either so I can't agree with that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024