Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 10:53 - Aug 19 with 20709 viewsNotLoyal

Cardiff City’s biggest rivals are Bristol City, this is a dwarfy fact. They are their biggest rivals because Swansea aren’t anymore. The reason for this is Swansea City are by far the biggest club in Wales and are far more successful in winning proper trophy’s and in European football. Oh, and they are scared of Swansea supporters, many of whom aren’t scared of them.

This fixture is on a Friday which is nearly the weekend. For some people it is the weekend, and for others not until they finish work, people without jobs have weekends all the time.

Look carefully and you can see a naked thrapping man in one of the fields.

Bristol City v Swansea City
Friday August 20th 2021
Kick off 7.45pm
Sue Ashton’s Gate

Match Officials
Geoff is one of them.

Swansea City fans arriving late in Bristol in 2019. Swansea City allocation of 2,235 tickets for this game have sold out.

Ryan Bennett could make a return.

Bristol City: Dan Bentley (captain), Danny Simpson, Jay Dasilva, Rob Atkinson, Matty James, Chris Martin, Andreas Weimann, Cameron Pring, Tomas Kalas, Alex Scott, Han-Noah Massengo.

Substitutes: Max O’Leary, Tyreeq Bakinson, Nathan Baker, Antoine Semenyo, Nahki Wells, Andy King, Kasey Palmer.

Swansea City: Steven Benda; Joel Latibeaudiere, Brandon Cooper, Ryan Manning; Ethan Laird, Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes (captain), Jake Bidwell; Jamie Paterson, Liam Cullen, Joel Piroe.

Substitutes: Ben Hamer, Jamal Lowe, Morgan Whittaker, Kyle Joseph, Yan Dhanda, Lincoln Mcfayden, Dan Williams.

Nothing to follow.

Russell Martin out thinks Nigel Pearson in a tense encounter at Ashton Gate 21st Aug 2021 08:00
Swansea City won the game of the weekend against a well drilled but dour Bristol City side in the first game of the Championship weekend LIVE on Sky TV. Russell Martin set up his depleted swans side on a counter attack initiative after a strong robins start, however it counted for nothing as the swans snatched the winning goal from Joel Piroe. 0

Swansea City fans go ballistic and Russell Martin says “There’s better to come “ 21st Aug 2021 10:41
2,300 ecstatic Swansea City fans, the travelling Jack Army and their voices boomed across Ashton Gate last night. In a tremendous show of support for Russell Martin and the swans from start to finish they were relentless in their support for their beloved club. 0

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 11:15 - Aug 21 with 2071 viewsDr_Parnassus

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 10:22 - Aug 21 by onehunglow

No matter what Russ says,yesterday saw a slight amendment to tactics with us being more direct and moving the ball forwards and quicker too.

We were dire against Stoke and I'm hoping Russ has accepted this but won't criticise players in public,which is fair enough.

It was good to see us keeping trying to get forward and Paterson had a brainfart in not making it 2-0.

If we truly have a plan ,we need to act wich means offering Cooper an extended improved contract as well as Benda.

It saw a large change, much welcomed and everyone can see the result it had.

Our lowest possession stats this season, our lowest passes by quite some distance... The best result.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 12:03 - Aug 21 with 1988 viewsonehunglow

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 11:15 - Aug 21 by Dr_Parnassus

It saw a large change, much welcomed and everyone can see the result it had.

Our lowest possession stats this season, our lowest passes by quite some distance... The best result.

Passing for the sake of it is dumb.

It gave me goosebumps seeing our players clearing danger.

You don’t clear danger by one yard passes in your own box under pressure from bigger players either.

Harder to score from 50 yds out too.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 12:14 - Aug 21 with 1998 viewsBadlands

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 12:03 - Aug 21 by onehunglow

You don’t clear danger by one yard passes in your own box under pressure from bigger players either.

Have you ever thought of switching to watching rugby?

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 17:30 - Aug 21 with 1795 viewsNotLoyal

Very impressed with what I saw last night, Benda is a far more comfortable keeper than Woodman.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 18:52 - Aug 21 with 1721 viewsAndyCole

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 22:07 - Aug 19 by AndyCole

The perfect stage for Martin to bounce back and show that the House Martin's building is built on solid foundations, not the flaky wishy washy variety seen to date.

We need a big showing from the backline, some pragmatic intelligence from the off or Pearson's pragmatists will scent blood, as did O'Neills. Our backline needs to be stoic not stuck sideways. Bennett is desperately needed at our heart, alongside the impressive Cooper. Cabango needs a rest, exhausted from his strains of maintaining ball possession.

Martin needs to show he's learning from his massive mistakes. And not insult our fans with his post match puerile bravado.

Martin is learning quickly, which augurs well. Excellent turnaround in tactics and fortunes.

No Cabango, no Dhanda. Our weakest links gone. And we kick on.

A proper CF up top, we score and have a proper outlet in so many ways. Patterson a breath of fresh air.

Last night was more focus on our system, shape and go-forward (an improvement on last term, fair play) instead of calamitous possession at the back for possession stats sake. Funny how such a simple concept can be so successful. The cleverer managers spot it and adapt.

Let's hope some of our sheeple fans can keep up.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 19:08 - Aug 21 with 1694 viewsonehunglow

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 12:14 - Aug 21 by Badlands

Have you ever thought of switching to watching rugby?

What d you mean.
Ive played and love both
They are not mutally exclusive.
Here's some help for you;

One is 50 yards from goal. It's longer to kick a ball into the net.

If 6 yards outs,it's easier;hence why it's better to clear the ball.

Always glad to help

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 19:50 - Aug 21 with 1675 viewsAndyCole

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 00:51 - Aug 21 by dobjack2

Leadership- adapting tactics on the pitch. Something I’ve criticised us for not doing.

Good point and great to see our players take leadership (against the manager's wishes) to wrest control in the way they know best to win the game.

Leadership qualities borne from two years of clever management, discipline and inner belief.

Let's hope Martin sees this as the wake up call he needed, to play winning football.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 03:38 - Aug 22 with 1536 viewsDJack

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 19:50 - Aug 21 by AndyCole

Good point and great to see our players take leadership (against the manager's wishes) to wrest control in the way they know best to win the game.

Leadership qualities borne from two years of clever management, discipline and inner belief.

Let's hope Martin sees this as the wake up call he needed, to play winning football.

Let me guess "the priest" pummeled you in the lines one evening didn't he and you've been a bit strange ever since.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Login to get fewer ads

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 07:13 - Aug 22 with 1511 viewsblackpooljack

Martin isn't going to abandon his philosophy just because we won one game playing a slightly different way maybe he's realises its going to small changes every week instead of a radical change from day one.
Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 07:43 - Aug 22 with 1498 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 19:50 - Aug 21 by AndyCole

It was still Martinball. Cooper would have had us defending deep for the last 70 minutes. We looked good going forward and in truth should have scored at least once more.

A clean sheet from a back six comprised of three Cooper wouldn’t give the time of day to either (Latti , Cooper and Benda). This win had nothing to do with any Cooper philosophy- the players wouldn’t disobey him because they knew that if they crossed him he would have frozen them out. Martin seems a lot more flexible and pragmatic.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 07:45 - Aug 22 with 1494 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 18:52 - Aug 21 by AndyCole

Martin is learning quickly, which augurs well. Excellent turnaround in tactics and fortunes.

No Cabango, no Dhanda. Our weakest links gone. And we kick on.

A proper CF up top, we score and have a proper outlet in so many ways. Patterson a breath of fresh air.

Last night was more focus on our system, shape and go-forward (an improvement on last term, fair play) instead of calamitous possession at the back for possession stats sake. Funny how such a simple concept can be so successful. The cleverer managers spot it and adapt.

Let's hope some of our sheeple fans can keep up.

Jesus - you’re replying to yourself? Have you been checked out for NPD? Just asking?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 08:13 - Aug 22 with 1475 viewsChubz

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 12:03 - Aug 21 by onehunglow

You are Mick McCarthy and I claim my £10
Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 10:35 - Aug 22 with 1398 viewsonehunglow

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 08:13 - Aug 22 by Chubz

You are Mick McCarthy and I claim my £10

Lol.
Champion.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024