Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 10:53 - Aug 19 with 20308 viewsNotLoyal

Cardiff City’s biggest rivals are Bristol City, this is a dwarfy fact. They are their biggest rivals because Swansea aren’t anymore. The reason for this is Swansea City are by far the biggest club in Wales and are far more successful in winning proper trophy’s and in European football. Oh, and they are scared of Swansea supporters, many of whom aren’t scared of them.

This fixture is on a Friday which is nearly the weekend. For some people it is the weekend, and for others not until they finish work, people without jobs have weekends all the time.

Look carefully and you can see a naked thrapping man in one of the fields.

Bristol City v Swansea City
Friday August 20th 2021
Kick off 7.45pm
Sue Ashton’s Gate

Match Officials
Geoff is one of them.

Swansea City fans arriving late in Bristol in 2019. Swansea City allocation of 2,235 tickets for this game have sold out.

Ryan Bennett could make a return.

Bristol City: Dan Bentley (captain), Danny Simpson, Jay Dasilva, Rob Atkinson, Matty James, Chris Martin, Andreas Weimann, Cameron Pring, Tomas Kalas, Alex Scott, Han-Noah Massengo.

Substitutes: Max O’Leary, Tyreeq Bakinson, Nathan Baker, Antoine Semenyo, Nahki Wells, Andy King, Kasey Palmer.

Swansea City: Steven Benda; Joel Latibeaudiere, Brandon Cooper, Ryan Manning; Ethan Laird, Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes (captain), Jake Bidwell; Jamie Paterson, Liam Cullen, Joel Piroe.

Substitutes: Ben Hamer, Jamal Lowe, Morgan Whittaker, Kyle Joseph, Yan Dhanda, Lincoln Mcfayden, Dan Williams.

Nothing to follow.

Russell Martin out thinks Nigel Pearson in a tense encounter at Ashton Gate 21st Aug 2021 08:00
Swansea City won the game of the weekend against a well drilled but dour Bristol City side in the first game of the Championship weekend LIVE on Sky TV. Russell Martin set up his depleted swans side on a counter attack initiative after a strong robins start, however it counted for nothing as the swans snatched the winning goal from Joel Piroe. 0

Swansea City fans go ballistic and Russell Martin says “There’s better to come “ 21st Aug 2021 10:41
2,300 ecstatic Swansea City fans, the travelling Jack Army and their voices boomed across Ashton Gate last night. In a tremendous show of support for Russell Martin and the swans from start to finish they were relentless in their support for their beloved club. 0

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 20:44 - Aug 20 with 2002 viewsnantywatcher

I feel so much more positive after that 45. Not that sure we can carry on and win it, but even if we lose it by a few, we have showed some character tonight and have been good to watch. Matt Grimes - what a helluva player!
Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 20:45 - Aug 20 with 1994 viewsTenbySwan

Piroe has to be first choice up front.

Laird and Roberts is going to be an interesting choice
Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 20:46 - Aug 20 with 1982 viewsdantheswansman

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 20:40 - Aug 20 by Brynmill_Jack

He’s been pretty damn good with his distribution today. I’m really warming towards him .
As for Piroe, a great display. Strong, decent in the air and can hold the ball up. If we can spend money on a midfielder who’s brain works as quick as JP then he will do very very well this season.
He’s been excellent , 4 out of 5 shots on target at reading and looking as good tonight.
Gray May just be a back up to this kid, I hope he rams JVZ’s words down his throat

Absolutely but he gets a bit jittery every time the ball is played at him and he is pressured by the opposition, i think the opposition teams have targeted him as a keeper prone to make a mistake, its early doors and more play time will sort that out
Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 20:46 - Aug 20 with 1982 viewsFlashberryjack

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 20:38 - Aug 20 by krunchykarrot

Cullens work rate has been excellent, Piroe looks like he can do a job at 9. Is it me though we still look a little sluggish at times?

Cullen has hardly been involved, he'll be off early second half IMO.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 20:47 - Aug 20 with 1976 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 20:37 - Aug 20 by jasper_T

Latibeaudiere gets thrown about more than Dan James did. Lucky the ref's showing sympathy.

Martin needs a few weeks to work on some attacking patterns. It's all a bit improv at the moment. Players hesitating and turning away from good areas.

Agreed about the patterns. We’ve missed a couple of through balls to the strikers through dawdling.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 20:47 - Aug 20 with 1959 viewskrunchykarrot

Cullen is working really hard closing down must be on a 60min timer, Piroe is just closing down in the middle if he can. Great tactics or is it a fitness thing?
Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 20:48 - Aug 20 with 1937 viewsonehunglow

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 20:46 - Aug 20 by Flashberryjack

Cullen has hardly been involved, he'll be off early second half IMO.

He has hardly moved as the lad is way out of his depth.
I feel for him really I do.
He simply has to go out on loan.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 20:49 - Aug 20 with 1919 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 20:48 - Aug 20 by onehunglow

He makes good runs in behind the defence and that is about it. That's not enough to warrant starting in this league.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Login to get fewer ads

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 20:50 - Aug 20 with 1927 viewsKeithHaynes

Piroe and Lowe will seal the points tonight. Sorry Liam Cullen.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 20:51 - Aug 20 with 1921 viewsBadlands

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 20:48 - Aug 20 by onehunglow

Whitaker for Cullen sooner rather than later.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 20:57 - Aug 20 with 1868 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Grimes having a proper mixed game. Giving the ball away too much but some good passing

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 21:01 - Aug 20 with 1843 viewsKeithHaynes

Bidwell proving real value in this game.

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 21:05 - Aug 20 with 1818 viewsdantheswansman

Whitts, Dhanda and Lowe to come on to rip this Bristol side apart
Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 21:05 - Aug 20 with 1816 viewsBadlands

Piroe taking a few defenders' attention Whittaker or Lowe could take advantage of the space.
Time to freshen up midfield?

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 21:06 - Aug 20 with 1813 viewsCatullus

We're getting to many cards for me, someone will get sent off.

Weimann is causing us problems and Semenyo looked a good player last season, it's going to be a hard last 30.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 21:07 - Aug 20 with 1795 viewsmagicdaps10

Ethan Laird.... Rapid!

Going to say it, better than Connor for me.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 21:09 - Aug 20 with 1781 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Do we ever practice throw ins?
Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 21:09 - Aug 20 with 1781 viewsjasper_T

Patterson great at making space with a bit of class and then doing nothing with it.

Want to see more from Laird than just one great run.
Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 21:12 - Aug 20 with 1751 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 21:05 - Aug 20 by Badlands

Piroe taking a few defenders' attention Whittaker or Lowe could take advantage of the space.
Time to freshen up midfield?

Patterson working hard but not making much headway. Gave the BC player an easy out when stuck inside his penalty area

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 21:12 - Aug 20 with 1747 viewsjasper_T

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 21:09 - Aug 20 by A_Fans_Dad

Do we ever practice throw ins?

Someone at the club must ban it because it's insane how much worse we've been than other clubs under so many different managers.
Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 21:14 - Aug 20 with 1726 viewsFlashberryjack

Looking very tired now, subs needed

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 21:14 - Aug 20 with 1725 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Their passing and heading is putting us to shame.
Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 21:14 - Aug 20 with 1722 viewsdantheswansman

Just gonna come out and say it, Benda over Woodman every single day of the week for me
Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 21:20 - Aug 20 with 1675 viewsKeithHaynes

Do they really have enough to threaten us ?

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 20/21 on 21:20 - Aug 20 with 1674 viewsJohnw102

Anybody seen Tatey? Can’t see him on the coach’s bench.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024